Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Carter12 wrote: »
    Are you getting the message now ? Are you really getting the message ???

You are just back from your 2 week holiday with your wife and kids, and you had a great time, and now you want to meet me.

NO !!!!!

ive been saying no since June but you continue to bombard me. You promising me everything I wanted, but I know its just because you are realising what was on offer, and now you are panicking because its gone.

Marry in haste, repent at leisure my old friend :)

NOW have you got the message ???

Are you REALLY going to delete my number now like you have just said ???

You forgot you already told me you know my number off by heart.

You need to have a good memory to be a good liar.

And you think about me all the time ????

Awwwwww that's so sweet.

Go shove it !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh. ****kkkkkkk!!!! J grow the guck up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I hate you!!! You sick bastard!!! Don't think I could ever hate anyone, never mind family but I hate you!!!

Goodbye!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Self,

Why do you choose to be more unhappy the more reasons to be happy you have? Are you only happy when you're miserable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I know you were all drunk and probably had no idea what you were doing but being laughed at hurt. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Dear K,

I know we're young, 17 years isn't much life experience, and the general consensus when it comes to love at our age is that love should be in inverted commas, 'love', and soo many people fall for their 'first love' and imagine that they're going to be in love for ever and ever and live happily ever after in a rose tinted world, but I can honestly, hand on heart say that I see a future for us. Yes, we have our little squabbles and disagreements, but in the end we both end up coming out as better people with a better understanding of eachother.. and in my eyes, the fact we admit we aren't perfect, admit we have our problems, but dont give up, is a sign we have something special. I genuinely hope that our frivolous talks of having a life together come to fruition, and I dont look back in a few years wondering what happened to the man who made me so happy.. I know we have a tough year ahead of us, but I know Im prepared to fight for us, I hope you are too, I know you are too. Keep your head up, keep your heart strong <3

Lovingly yours,
    L xox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear me,

The next few weeks are gonna be tough as f%#k but its the final part of the new you that you really want. Everything else has worked out pretty well so far this year so lets get this done, no moaning and no excuses.

Sincerly
    Me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Work,

So em...this is kind of scary.
    All you people keep approaching me left right and centre, assigning me to stuff that's months away, asking me to produce this, research that, call this person, request this resource...
    Meanwhile my letter of Notice sits in my bag and the time just never seems to be right.
    It's like the final nail in the coffin.
    The second I walk into M's office and hand it to him, it's real.

FCUK.

Three years.
    Countless assignments.
    Wonderful work relationships.
    Coffee rants downstairs at Tim Hortons.
    Random chats at the desk.
    WTF moments in the control room as the enormity of where I am and what I'm doing and "how the hell did I get in here" hits me.

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE.

I will miss you. I think. Kind of.

SH1T.

I hope I'm doing the right thing.
    How do I know if it's right?
    How will I deal with all the questions?
    Why am I so intent on procrastinating at a time when I should be doing the direct opposite?

Why, during this overwhelmingly uncertain and scary time, when I don't even know which country is next on the list, or which job I'll find myself in down the line, can I think of nothing but ridiculous Simpsons quotes?

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Life,

I know you dont owe me anything, but Im putting this out there.

I've worked hard - all my life. Everything I have, Ive worked for. Hard.

For some reason, you give other people breaks. "Fall into their lap" moments. Ive never had one of those moments, in any aspect of my life. Am so tired of continually trying. But I wont give up.

I am asking you for one of those breaks.

I would LOVE to meet someone. Im ready to meet someone special. Ive worked so hard on myself. And I will continue to do so. Because of all the **** Ive been through, I am a better person today.

Please give me a sign. You gave a heart to me, like everyone else who is in love. My heart is bursting BURSTING to love the right person. Give me a chance, like you give everyone else. Give me a chance at love, and chance of having a family. I would cherish.

Thank you.

I've actually come to accept that I'll probably never forget you. But I will get over you! That's the important part. I think I already have started that process.

I'm sorry for my behaviour towards the end, but its not a sorry for you, its for me. I'm sorry I let my emotions take charge, that I didn't get up and walk away or shut you out for good. It made me doubt myself, and I could never accept anything less than you wanting to respect me. so at least I held onto that.

I never expected you to want to be with me if you didn't want to. But I will never accept that it was ok to constantly come back time and again and tell me lies, only to shatter me in the morning and break my heart over and over again. If you needed a counseller or a shoulder to cry on, you should have been honest and asked for a friend, not use me and then leave me in a lurch! Or run me down when you lose your cool, or mock the way I am. It doesnt make you any more of a man to put down someone because you dont see eye to eye with them all the time.

I'm not perfect, but I will always take pride in the fact that I was honest with you, every step of the way, and you knew where I stood. You on the other hand will have to contend with your actions at some stage in your life. Maybe you wont. But I can go sleep relatively guilt free at least.

At the moment I dont know what you are playing at. Nosiness, curiousity or checking up on me, but be assured I will never contact you again! Never! Why? Because you dont deserve another oppurtunity to put me down again or cast me aside and I'll be damned if you ever get the chance. I have never believed in someone being "too good" for someone, but dear lord I am not disposable.

and now the ironic part. I forgive you for me! I want to move on, want to stop being angry with you, because Im so angry with you that I feel I cant let go. I want to walk down the street and if you pass, I wont bat an eyelid. I dont want to be friends with you, or like you or have anything to do with you ever again, but I want the freedom of not caring either way. So I forgive you. Its over! Just let it off my chest now and I can move on to greater things!! Time to be good to myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Ok life, decision time:

If I get the bit of money I am expecting, I will 1) hand in my notice 2) move back home and 3) finish what I set out to do 6 years ago.

If I dont I will chuck in the towel and hope some day in the future I get a second chance to do it right and instead do the college course that has been offered to me in the evenings.

Now, its on boards so that makes it final!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seriously? I'm sick, weak, injured, upset, probably on the verge of a seizure and have been stranded due to a dickhead of a driver and your biggest concern is my swearing? Glad to see that you have your priorities straight. Fcuk you you hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I don't get it, we had a fantastice time together, everything that happened, including how well we got on was completely unexpected and now, nothing?????? Not even, hello??

BTW, don't expect me to fall into your arms when I go home at Christmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Fuck you.
    Seriously, just fuck you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I heard what you said about me today and I was disgusted.

You made a horrible comment about me to your colleague and you turned and looked at me, and you knew I had heard you.

I didn't say anything to you but I know you're wondering if I'm going to persue it.
    Possibly.
    This has not been our first run-in.

Watch your mouth and start acting like the professional person you're meant to be.

Your job relies on people like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I miss your cute little face, pretty much constantly.
    It's like missing you has become a part of who I am.
    You remind me of me, only more enthusiastic and less cynical.
    Can't wait to be less than 1,000 miles from you again.

P.S That's a $450 dress. Ruin it on your life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

I'm not the duck though. Not this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Do people like running away from me or something? Like I try my best and it's still not enough. Well just f*** you all then. I'm not making any more effort. I couldn't reply to one message and I feel like a b****.

I really hope your visa gets extended... Not because you're having "such a blast" over there and I want you to be happy, but because I'm terrified of seeing you. Terrified of all the feelings I've had over the last few months spilling out and breaking down entirely. Probably right in front of you. Terrified of the fact that seven months after we've broken up not even a day goes by where I don't miss you. Terrified that as much as I try to deny it and convince myself it's not the case, I'm still completely and hopelessly in love with you. And I really can't stand myself for that.

You hurt me so much. I tried so hard to make it work, I was going to uproot my entire life and pack up and join you, I would have done anything for you. And you bailed as soon as things started to get difficult. You didn't even try. Which I should have expected, as soon as things start to become difficult, even the slightest bit inconvenient, you bail. But I thought I meant more to you than for you to bail on me.

Yet I tried to keep in touch, I tried to be there for you. Because that's what we agreed on, wasn't it? We said that no matter what, we'd still be a part of each other's lives, we'd still be there for one another. But again you bailed on me. I've had a **** time over the last few months, between college, work, home, having any plans of the life I had envisioned for myself (a life with you in it) completely shattered. I never felt so alone in my entire life. I tried talking to you, you were the person I had turned to talk things through with for so long. But on the rare occasion that you'd actually write back to me it felt so forced, like it was some obligation out of guilt that forced you to reply to me... and even then it wasn't even like talking to you, you became someone I didn't even recognise any more... You don't tell the girl you left to travel halfway across the world and then unceremoniously dump when the going gets tough what an amazing time you're having, how great your social life is, how you have "no regrets" about leaving... For someone so intelligent you're an idiot. It broke my heart to hear about how much you're loving the place you left me to be in, while I was here alone, miserable, watching all my friends moving on and going places in work and relationships, while I was stuck completely motionless in the same spot.

So I stopped trying to make the effort. I figured that you might decide "hey, I wonder how she's getting on? Maybe I'll get in touch". I'm lucky I didn't hold my breath on that one. I at least thought I'd get some acknowledgement after I emailled you on your birthday. I spent hours putting it together, hoping that it make you feel loved, appreciated. It wasn't an "I want to get back together" email, I just wanted you to know that you were cared about by people in a huge city where you knew so few people. But I didn't get so much as a text from you. I thought "maybe I'll get a response on my birthday". Generic facebook greeting. I really shouldn't have expected any more from you really, should I? Yet I spent the night of my birthday drunk and alone in my bedroom and watching south park.

And I know you started seeing someone. That I'm actually ok with. We were broken up for a while and you're perfectly entitled to so what you want. Plus she seems boring as hell and I'm prettier than her. And I was seeing someone for a while too, so I'd be a total hypocrite to be anything other than cool with that.

Yet after all this, after all the hurt you've caused me over the last while, I just can't shake the feeling that us breaking up was the biggest mistake either of us could have made. I love you and I miss you and I hate myself for knowing that I'm so much more miserable now than I was this time last year, primarily because you're not in my life. I never thought I'd be the girl who pines for a man who treated her so indifferently, and I feel sick to my stomach for doing it. I am disgusted that I know that if you were to walk through the door right now and ask to get back together I would in a heartbeat, no questions asked, no hesitation. I'm normally such a strong person, I don't take bullsh*t, I don't give second chances. But for you I would so easily throw all my integrity and principles out the window.

Which is why I really don't want you to come back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Why, when I think I'm over you have you appeared in my dreams 2 of the last 3 nights? And what did we ever have for me to get over in the first place? Nothing! I just want to stop thinking about you, but I can't. I barely know you, yet I feel I've never known someone so well in all my life. It's my mind playing tricks on me and I want it to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To my old flame: Happy Anniversary :) "I AM HOPELESSLY IN LOVE WITH YOU!" :o ...sorry I never told you

To the creator of this thread: Thanks :)...sometimes a person just neeeds to say things she never could

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I dreamt about you last night. It was a really stupid dream where we were watching DVDs and cuddling and you kissed me... It's making me smile today but also sad too, cos I know it'll never happen. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

M - it is not my fault that your car insurance got cancelled - again. Stop having stuff being sent to my mothers house. I am not your mother. I find it hard enough managning my life and my affairs without having to take care of you too.

S - I am sorry i avoided doing the task you asked me to do. It was a complete mind fcuk and I didn't want to get into that quagmire. I would not have fixed it and I would have just felt depressed.

Me - well done you, if you were going to break your resolve then yesterday would have been the day. Stay strong honey, its not just you anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 backline2013

I moved jobs a month ago. I make more money than you now.
    Get over it.

PS I love you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

To my sister,

Please stop being an interfering, passive-aggressive, preaching, judgemental, opinionated beeatch.

Other people are entitled to live their lives according to their own rules. Just because they differ from your standards, this does not make them wrong.

You are not perfect, stop judging others.

The last few months we have not been in phone contact has been so calm.
    It makes me sad to admit this but I am happier without your constant negative energy.

It breaks my heart that you have interfered in my releationship with our mother. But I don't have the strength to fight you so you win.

My life is better without you. I feel free now and guess what? I can live my life on my own terms and my terms are ok.

Dear Sis

It is so hard to believe it has been a year since you left us, it still feels like yesterday that we got that dreadful phone call. Poor mum it should never have been a phone call she should have made to all of us to tell us you were no longer with us, that her daughter was dead. It was the hardest thing she ever had to do. Even sitting here now there are tears in my eyes and the pain is still the same as it was that night. We all miss you so much, I rang your phone last week to tell you something that had happened only to remember you are no longer here.

At work last week I sat in the conference room in a ball on the floor and cried in the dark it seems to be all I want to do lately is be on my own and not have to talk to anyone, I just wish you were still here so I could tell you how much we all loved you. I hate the fact you died on your own and no-one was with you not even the man you married sixteen years ago, you gave up everything and he repaid you by walking out on you. And still you would never let us say a bad word about him! We included in him in as much as we were physically able and we hope we didn't let you down but that was seriously the hardest thing we had to do! The only reason we did was we know that is what you would want.

I hope you are no longer in any pain and I know you are up there looking down on us and singing your heart out. I hope you are in a much better place as no one deserves it more than you. You would do anything for any of us and that is why there is a huge hole in all our lives that no one will ever fill

I hope your happy sis and you are very greatly missed

Your little sis xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dear Thesis,

I don't like you and you don't like me, but if we could just co-operate for the next week and a half that would be just great. We'll never have to speak again, I promise. Let's just get this done and over it.

Dear me,

You're nearly there! 11 more days and you'll have your masters and this hell of a year will be over and done with. You've accomplished so much in the last few months, this is the final hurdle, you can do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Today was the 1st day in nearly 3 years that i didnt speak to you.

This is so hard. I hate you for this.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So embarrassed, f u facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

I dont know why I am so upset at hearing you got married, I just am. I wonder what your wedding was like, did it remind you in any way of the wedding we planned together? I find it very strange that ye are having the honeymoon we planned, does she know you already planned that trip many moons ago!
    Your bride is beautiful, and I do wish you well in your life together, but it hurts to have that door so firmly shut, part of me always thought we would still end up together.

Advertisement