Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The last time I had a dream like that you were there and you had to wake me and hold me. I don't miss you, I miss having someone that I thought cared about me. All I want is someone to hold me right now. Instead I'm thinking about you and I don't like that because you're gone, you ran. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Feeling like crap, have tonsillitis for the last week and think I'm much better in mornings but by night am in bits again :( don't have time to be sick and hate it, one or two days of couch and daytime tv is enough for anyone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I miss you so much, so so much. It was one of the worst things I've ever been through, realising that you didn't feel the same way about me as I did about you, and did you didn't love me and then we weren't going to be able to make it worth. I was in bits, so were you. I'm back on the other side of the world now, and I know that you maybe you think that a clean break heals faster, but it's been almost five months now and I'm not even remotely over you yet, and it's killing me not knowing anything about you at all anymore now: how you're doing, if you're with someone else, if you ever think about me at all. I really loved you and I miss you so much and all I can do is hope that someday I'll find that happiness with someone else.

Dear D

I have to let you go, it will hurt like hell but it will hurt me even more holding on to something that will do me more damage than good. Sometimes I wonder why I am never enough for anybody, maybe one day I will be.
    You've made me laugh and smile, thank you.

B

Dear __

why are you putting me under so much pressure? I work really really hard and always do my best and you know it. She sits on her a**e all day and does sweet f all and you never say a word to her. Just give me a break for once.

Me

• Advertisement

Dear E,

You said to many people that your ex-fiancee was the best man in the world and meant everything to you but you grew apart and had to go your separate ways.
    You might love everything about him but if that is the case then wouldn't he be devastated to hear that you were sending me topless photos while you were still together?

I never met him and don't know who he is but some day he deserves to know the truth.

Anon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Mr. P,

You are the sweetest, most charming, cheerful and gifted man in the building.

You are the Big Shot, you've been running the show for 40 years. I've watched you in action, steering this big ship so skillfully from the control room, commanding respect, authority and admiration so effortlessly.

You should be intimidating, and yet you've never once walked passed my desk without stopping to smile, to say hello, to share a cheerful anecdote, to show me some photos of your new home in the countryside, or a grandfather clock that you ordered online, or to reminisce about your mother, or talk about the meaning of life, or tell me how fabulous and talented I am...or any number of things you did to brighten up my day, every day, for the last three years.

You've no idea how much of a difference that made on the particularly bad days. The days when I wasn't sure about anything, the days where everything was going wrong and I felt like a lost girl in the middle of this foreign newsroom who was desperately trying to maintain some semblance of sanity...and suddenly you're at my desk showing off some stupidly expensive leather jacket that some random TV host gave to you, with that big childish grin on your face, and here I am talking to one of the most influential men in the building and it feels like i'm chatting to an uncle at a dinner party.

You're right - it's always been more than a work friendship. I always knew that you cared, that I mattered. Maybe it's the paternal instinct in you, or maybe it's just the mark of the man you are - you're maybe one of the greatest men I've ever met.

I've never been described as a "phenomenal human being" before. I've never been made to feel so valuable, so worthy by a work colleague and for it to not be rooted in anything other than respect and kindness. I respect everything about you - your skill, your craft, your remarkable talent, your legacy of work and your honesty and integrity as a man.

Thank you for caring. Thank you for stopping. Thank you for always seeing me.

I will remember you forever.

B

I know you're crazy busy with the new job and you don't have time to chat everyday anymore but I get this feeling that your lack of communication is more to do with the fact that you don't want to chat/see me anymore..that what ever we're calling this has become boring for you and you're just avoiding coming clean. I want to ask if things are ok..but if they are that will plant a seed of doubt in your head and you'll end it.
    Its only been what?two months and I know I really should be this bothered about it but I am..and that sucks..
    I just want to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Dear tax,
    Please leave me alone. Let me breathe, live

Dear "what was once my fiancé now on god knows how many chances" boyfriend"', I let you get me deeper in debt while you brag how you make more than me.

Dear me,
    Get out of this mess

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Dear Drink u've taken everything i had,my money,self esteem,confidence,and my career,.....f.off ur not taking anymore,

Dear S,i knew it was only a dream,but we could've made it work,ur so far away,we'll meet again i hope xxx

Dear me,u deserve a better life,dont mind the negative sneers and remarks,u will have to do this on ur own but u no u can ur a clever boyo,yes college i will be ready for u,this time i will not fail,and give urself a break man.

2014 im goin to do it if it kills me,i cant avoid it for ever,watch them be shocked ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Dear April,

Assume the brace position, it's going to be a full-on, crazy 8 months! :D

Love,

Yourself x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I wish I could be there with you today. You're all I can think about - knowing exactly where you are at any given point and having a vague idea of what you're doing and who you're speaking to doesn't help either. I'm delighted that the weather is as glorious as it turned out (although I can only hope it's the same over there as it is here)! I'm proud of you, so very proud. The things you have achieved are absolutely out of the world, and seeing you get the recognition you deserve feels fantastic. Is there any happier sound, any happier sight than when you get excited and your eyes sparkle and you can't help but jump around a little bit? If there is, I have no doubt you'll be the one to show me.

Savour today, D. Live it fully. Remember every detail, because I'll want to hear it all next week when you're back. But most of all, have fun and enjoy because it's the very least you deserve. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Homeless and completely alone. You were right not to believe you were worth anything to anyone.

Dear You,
    You know you shouldn't be here, you know this life is not your life. You know there are better things waiting for you, out there in the real world. You know you are capable of so much more yet you insist on staying in this space wasting away precious hours with people who can never see you for who you really are or help you to reach your full potential. Here you are nothing, your existence has no purpose, no meaning and no direction. Do you really want to know why you are not heard, why you go unrecognized, why you are kept isolated and removed from the whole? It's because you are so much bigger than this can ever allow you to be. It's time for you to reach up and claim your right to stand at the center of your own being, to walk away from the fray and to start loving your existence, your life and your experiences. Let it go, let them go and I promise you the minute you do your life will expand and fill the spaces you have created for it with all the things you have longed for. Friendship, growth, abundance, love and happiness. It's there waiting for you to just take it.

I missed you this morning...terribly. I tried to seem like it was ok either way but I was hoping for a moment alone with you...not to put you on the spot, but to just be together, easily. I really don't want anything that shouldn't be mine, given our feelings, and I'm so happy to share...honestly...I've learnt ;)
    Please come to me soon. I just wish the frustration I feel at this point would begin to out-way the bitter sweet pain of loving you, maybe then I would want to move on, probably not actually,...but for now, you remain my drug of choice, better than anything in my handbag.

To my darling wife.

I feel so utterly hopeless at the moment, empty inside.
    I can't see any happy futures anymore, just different shades of pain and regret. If it wasn't for our boys there truly would be no hope at all. They give me any bit of strength I have. 

You are away this week again, whenever we have been apart since the affair I get this sinking feeling inside, not being 100% sure of where you are or who you are with is paralysing. I don't think you be so cruel as to be unfaithfully again but that rock solid belief I had in you is gone now and so anything is possible.

I am not looking forward to counselling this week, why has she asked to meet me alone? I think she is even more frustrated with my lack of progress these last few months that you are.  I am sure she can see my inability to move forward even a little bit, will she confront me about leaving you - I know that's your fear! Will she be able to help me take just one step forward? I am just afraid of the outcome of this session as you are. I belief this woman is trying her best for us, so I have to try as well. Have I just stopped trying, can she see this?

I know you are in a lot of pain with this as well, sometimes I forget, but watching your face when I try to talk to you tells me that you are in real pain also. I wish I could support you more, as I have always in the past - but I am just not strong enough right now. All my strength is need to keep my head above water. I am being selfish I know, but I feel I am standing on the precipice   at times.

I am thankful for the fact I was there for dads death last month, I could so easily have missed it, but holding his hand and watching him die the way he did was so very hard. He did not deserve a hard death like that. I needed the woman I married at that time, but despite your best efforts, and you did try, you are just not that woman to me anymore. All of our years together have been so completely devalued by what's happen as to be almost worthless - with the exception of the boys I would/could never take that from you, you were magnificent those days.

All that remains now is our future. It terrifies me to think of a future without the boys in my life every day. I won't be responsible for subjecting you to that future either. Being around you is so very painful at times, the truth is you are the biggest reminder to me of what's happened, but I love you so very much. What else could make me stick this out. I am so afraid of becoming a bitter resentful man, of what's left of our relationship becoming toxic and poisonous.
    You talk about forgiveness a lot, I can understand that, but that is not even on my radar at the moment - how much longer will you be able to hack this? By not forgiving you am I making another affair inevitable?

All I can promise you is that I am not giving up, not yet at least.

Love always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't know why I think things will be different. I know you've lied to me. I actually have proof of it. And yet I can't bring myself to call you out on it. I know what the outcome will be, and I know why you're lying. I'm trying to convince myself to run a mile, but failing.

I wish you knew how to be honest. I'm a fool for letting you bring my confidence down so much that I accept your lies.

You should be so proud. Look how far you've come! :D

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Stop flapping around in the bed and go to sleep! It's 4am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Soooo, I cant go there 'n I cant stay here... wtf - if you've got a plan God, please let me know... NOW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

You are not worthless.
    You are not ugly.
    You are not a horrible person.

Stop thinking these things. Stop dragging yourself down, you have come so far, please please please don't go back there, for your sake, please don't.

Hello A

I was great to bump into you the other day. It has been to long since we last met up and had a chat.
    I know that our lives when off in different directions over the past few years and we have both been busy.
    I was sorry that we could not chat for longer the day I bumped into you but I had to had to go somewhere.
    After chatting to you I now when is good time and day to call you.

I will be ringing you in the next few days as it is a pitty to throw away the freindship we once had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

We're the heirs to the glimmering world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Dear work,

Please pish off.

Not-so-kind regards,

Ilyana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Mother,

Dont you ****ing dare tell me to loose weight. Look at yourself for **** sake. You are ONE dress size smaller than me, you dont walk anywhere, you get up at mid day and do nothing all day. When we go out for a meal, you pick at my food when i am eating it while you are waiting on yours, drop the fork and back off. You idea of a healthy adult meal wouldnt even fill a child, do you really expect me to be filled on a spoon full of beans and a tiny piece of fish half the size of the palm of my hand (i have tiny hands). And dont make me feel bad for being hungry afterwards and have to cook more veg afterwards, no one would be full on that, no one.

Honestly ive hit breaking point with you. Only a few more months and hopefully i am out of here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Don't forget about the things that have happened and who was there for you. Don't just forget about me after everything. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Dear me (aka Stupid fool).
    why did i just give you my name.and not my number!? Id quite like a new friend in the north..i hope they look me up on book face..remember this for future reference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I know you'll read this;

Please actually think about the way you treat me. I don't mind running around getting stuff for you if you're ill, being there for you, anything you ask of.
    But stop comparing me to every other girl out there. I can't handle this relationship anymore.
    x

Whoa!!!!!! So your profile pic shows you've got a new beau.

That was a big shock to the system! Heart missed a beat or two there I think. You're looking really well. And you look happy.
    After the shock faded a bit I smiled. Am happy for you. Really am.

I know we don't work out together. I wouldn't go back there so this shouldn't be tough. But it is a little bit being honest. I did love you and probably still do. We had such a great time. But it wasn't to be.

Very best of luck. Glad to see you looking happy. Think I need a lie down!

xXx

• Advertisement

To my ex,

This is the first time in a while that I've thought about you. I hope things are going well for you now. I hope you're not as down as the last time we were in contact, that scared me. I hope you're getting help and not pushing everyone away, you were good at that unfortunately. I know I said I was going to keep in touch with your friends to see how you were doing. But you're not a part of my life anymore so I think I better not, I don't see the point. Everything we had and everything that happened is now in the past. We were wrong for each other. Despite what I said when we broke up it wasn't all your fault. There were two of us in the relationship. Both of us had our own issues which seemed to make the other one's issues worse. I'm sorting all mine out. I hope you are too. That said, we really did have good times. It's sad that we couldn't stay friends but it's better for the both of us I think. You could make someone very happy some day. All the best. :)

Me x

Dear S,

I like you. You're very sweet. I'm taking a chance because you've been so kind to me. This is exciting and scary at the same time. It's very early days and I don't know what's going to happen in the future but let's enjoy the here and now.

J xx

Advertisement