Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I hate that we ended way before we should have. I hate that it was completely circumstantial and not because we fell out of love. I hate how unfair the whole thing was. I hate how you've managed to move one so effortlessly (well it seems that way to me anyway...).

I hate that you are capable of such kindness whenever we do end up talking, and that I feel like a b*tch for being so short and indifferent with my answers because I don't want you to see how much you hurt me, and how I'm still struggling to get over you. I hate that you've ruined the walking dead and american horror story for me because now I've no-one to discuss it with any more...

Most of all I hate how it's impossible to hate you, because that would make everything so much easier... but you're pretty f***ing awesome, and I know that more than anyone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Beautiful Canadian boy,

I can't stop thinking about how different things might be today if you had kissed me a year ago when we first dated.

There might not have been an O, or a soul-crushingly flaky B, or a string of going-nowhere flings. We might not have decided to move to different cities on opposite sides of the world.

Ah why didn't you just God-damn kiss me then when we both had nothing to lose! Why did it take you a year...why did it take me making the move?

You're different from the other ones. Maybe that's why.

Safe flight.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I still love you. I always will. We broke up for such a stupid reason and all these months on, I still miss you every day. Every night I pray you'll come back to me and sometimes I even find myself looking out the window hoping you'll be there, having come to say you still love me too and want to give us another chance. Not a day goes by when I don't think of you and miss you but I know I've done all I can. I hope you know I'll always be here for you, I'll always love you and I forgive you for all the hurt. I'll never give up on the hope of you coming back to me....never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Me,

Calm down, have patience and give him a chance, he hasn’t disappointed you yet and STOP thinking that he will.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im not a mind reader. You need to tell me exactly how you feel, what you want to do, what you want to happen.

I cant just magically know what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I still don't understand what happened between us in the end or why we stopped talking to one another. I have my own ideas but really hope that is not the reason as i thought you were better then that. I miss and still love you but i won't be the one picking up the phone and calling because part of me thinks this is what you want. I always though i was the stubborn one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

World,

If you spoiler Breaking Bad on me, I will find you and I will kill you.

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You idiot. Get out of your own head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

World,

If you spoiler Breaking Bad on me, I will find you and I will kill you.

xx

^^This times a thousand!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Miss Behaviour

You degraded and hurt me. My body and mind will never forgive you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear world,

Please stop telling me that school years are the best days of your life. I don't want to be told that, at 22, the best is over. I want everything to get better from here, not more crap. I wasted my younger years but fully intend to make the most of what is yet to come. I want to hear that 30 is a great age, 40 is even better, 50 is amazing and wonderful and 60 is where all the craic is to be had. If I'm already past it at 22 it'll all have been for nothing

Life, don't fail me now. Ta,

Flu

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

"I named both of your eyes....forever and please don't go"

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Dear Fluorescence,

School years are very much NOT the best years, trust me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Please can you stop questioning me about my feelings, and trying to make me open up to you? I don't trust you, I don't want to talk, I'm absolutely fine, and if I do need to talk, I have plenty of people I can talk to. Much as you'd like us to have a relationship where I can speak to you, you ended that relationship with your actions, and it's not coming back. Please stop trying. I don't want you to try anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Canada,

Thank you for your beautiful, charming, colourful, sweet, overly polite, multi-cultural, super-organized, efficient, clean, quaint, welcoming self.

Thank you for embracing me, for opening your arms to me like I was one of your own.

Thank you for the culture shock, the struggles, the rough days when everything got lost in translation, the cute colloquialisms that slowly infiltrated my own language, the smiles from strangers, the sweet subway moments, the excessive manners that so often made my day, the luck you bestowed me with, the goodness all around me every day of these last three years.

Thank you for teaching me to enjoy the little things.

Thank you for the long, white winters and the hot, exhilarating summers.

Thank you for three years of unbelievable adventures.

Thank you for three years of life-changing friendships.

Thank you for the heartbreaks and frustrations. They've made me immeasurably stronger and wiser.

Thank you for showing me that if I work hard, I can be everything I ever dreamt I could be.

Thank you for showing me who I am.

Thank you for showing me that life is about taking chances.

Thank you for showing me that change is inevitable. Change is how you grow. Change is to be embraced.

Thank you for the best three years of my life.

I will love you forever, and I will always be a little bit 'Canadian'.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This person has closed their account and persists on posting. If you're reading club goldgrain, you may contact me directly (dav -@- boards.ie) if you wish to remain a part of this site.

emmets wrote: »
    Whoa!!!!!! So your profile pic shows you've got a new beau.

That was a big shock to the system! Heart missed a beat or two there I think. You're looking really well. And you look happy.
    After the shock faded a bit I smiled. Am happy for you. Really am.

I know we don't work out together. I wouldn't go back there so this shouldn't be tough. But it is a little bit being honest. I did love you and probably still do. We had such a great time. But it wasn't to be.

Very best of luck. Glad to see you looking happy. Think I need a lie down!

xXx

Found the few days after that tough. Very, very, very tough. Sleeping and eating didn't come easily. Felt as if something was eating me away inside. That pic haunted me for a couple of days and I thought about it/us/you at least every few minutes.
    Yes I am probably still partly in love with you but even through all those days I wouldn't have swapped places with him. It shouldn't have hurt like it did (and still does a bit) but I guess that feeling must be just natural. Losing a partner is not good for the future of the species after all and seeing that pic somehow probably meant I lost.
    But seeing that pic has probably been a good thing too. I've happily deleted your pics from my phone. Deleted your profile. I won't forget you but it's best not to be reminded of you so often.

I have found my thoughts quite confusing - I don't want you back but it hurt so much. The best way I found to describe it is that my head has 100 voices and maybe 10 of them have always wanted you back and the rest didn't. The 'voice counter dude' (brain?) was always clear about the majority.
    After seeing that pic of you with the new fella, 40 of the other voices got very confused. The voice counter had a much tougher decision than usual but when push came to shove he still always knew the score.

I'm in a happier place than the last few days and can just about get back to life as it is. The 40 voices are busy re-joining the other 50 to make a large majority and I think one or two of the 10 might be swayed by it all. :) It'll probably take a lot of time for all of them to go but they will. Until they do I'm sure the minority will try to get their say in now and again.
    Hopefully I'll find a new girl at some stage in the not to distant future for the 100 voices to concentrate on.

No kisses this time. Just best wishes.

Emmet (and the crazy voices)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Dear week,

Sod off. You've been horrible to nearly everyone I know. I want a nice new fresh week Monday with good times and smiling faces.

Dear you,

I wish things weren't so hard at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

It's got to be you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Dear kind old Spanish man who helped me fix the chain on my bike in the park today on the way to work,

If you hadn't offered a hand today, I would've been late for a new class. Thank you so much.

I often mistake Madridlenos directness for rudeness (and sometimes it blatantly is) but when it comes to the crunch, this city is full of decent people and understanding it's just their way has been my biggest challenge. The fact is, people have always come to help me when I needed it which means so much living in a capital city this size. This old man has put me in a great mood for the weekend and compounded my belief that most people mean well wherever you go.

Thanks Senor Bike-Fixer!

• Advertisement

Dear B

I really do like you but you are hurting me, actually I'm hurting myself by continuing to do this, I know you are with other girls and that is fine I have been with other boys, but truth be known I just want to be with you and want you to stop kissing other girls there I said. But I know you wont. I'm never enough for anybody, never quite good enough. I really have to let you go, its destroying my confidence, I pretend to be cool with stuff but I'm really not. I'm worth more than this.

It will take me a while to get over you but I will in time, I wish you the best.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Thanks for ruining D's surprise. You are so, so bitter. I wish you knew how easily I can see it, how poorly you hide your desperate scramble for a bit of ego stroking. We had the best night ever, despite your attempts to ruin it. I couldn't help but love how you then asked ME to be discreet about what you told me last week. You are ridiculous. I am well, WELL rid of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

M xx

This is it :) We are on the countdown now. I cant wait for this next chapter to start.

Your going to be a great dad xx

love you loads xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear P,

I'm scared that my condition is going to come between us and cause problems. it's the last thing i want because this year has been the happiest and best year ever. I want to continue as normal but at the same time i don't want to make you get it too

I hope we can work it out and come through this rough patch

love, s xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Contact me because you want to, not because you are in the mood or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Knowing you care enough me to actually come over and see if I am ok would be nice. I would do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Today I'm going to start again. You're not coming back it's time to stop wallowing

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

World, I am sorry for the way I behaved in college. I have grown up and moved on. I have a child who I love above all else. I pay all my family bills single handidly, I do not look for hand outs. I eat well. I don't go out. I don't drink or smoke. I think it is time you start giving me a break. Let the past be in the past. Please! I beg you. I am trying so hard to start again but you keep dragging me back down with this s*!t that bears no part in my current life. Please! I need a break. I need an open door!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Loudova

I know we never really talked about what happened between us earlier this year. I would have passed it off as just a fling if it wasn't for the fact that we seem to talk almost every day for the past 5 months. But why, oh why, have you started telling me about other girls now? Are you looking for a reaction, or do you genuinely think I don't care? Because I do care. It feels like a punch in the stomach every time I hear you casually mention someone else. I know I have no right to be upset. We're not in a relationship, you can do what you want. There's no need to tiptoe around my feelings, but I'm not made of stone and a bit of tact and discretion wouldn't go amiss, you know?

• Advertisement

M,

Thanks for lack of contact the past months. know where i stand now.

M2,

Thanks for checking up on me.

A,

Thanks for still being there.

JM,

Hi, we met, we got on, we went on dates, got on really well then adios amigo.
    I dunno why, seriously.

C,

you're not gone, it's not real, i see photos up of you and dont pass remark cos you're not gone.

Nan,

had a dream of you and aunt last night, it was lovely, but it took me a while after waking to realise that youre gone 12 years so where it came out of i duno, not that i dont think of you, course i do but wow, you looked how i remember you, little tipsy, with hair thing on your head and called me 'bold girl' (for some reason!!) it was so lovely.

P,

thanks for givigin me this opportunity, even though i'm up and down in confidence, i really appreciate you calling me.

Mam,

Thanks as always, i'd not survive 2 days if you werent in my life.

ME,

Relax. it'll be all right, it's not life or death.
    you have a job. you have family, friends and a roof over head .
    calm!
    Smile for goodness sake.

Advertisement