Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

S,

You seemed so enthusiastic and into me a wee while ago, I don't understand the change in attitude.

I think I gotta knock this on the head.... constant mixed messages are totes draining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

G,

You're my best friend, and I love you dearly, but seriously, think of the consequences of your actions!

Years back, when we were in a serious, long term relationship, you cheated on me over the course of a few months. You were sitting there in the kitchen when I accidentally found the proof. You saw how much you hurt me, hell I forgave you but we broke up because YOU hated yourself for what you'd done to me and thought it'd only be a matter of time before I realised you were scum and ended it.

So why, WHY for the love of god are you telling me all about this amazing girl who HAS A BOYFRIEND, who wants to cheat on him with you. Do you seriously want that innocent boyfriend to feel how you made me feel the night I found out you cheated? Come on mate, your actions have a consequence. Do the right thing, please. I want to continue respecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Sometimes I miss you, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I won't.
    Sometimes it's easy, often it's not,
    I still think about you a lot.

Some days are tough, some nights are long,
    but I'll stay right here where I belong.
    I won't give up, the future's bright,
    I will never give up this fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You make me happier than I ever imagined was possible. I look forward to seeing you every day. Just thinking of you puts a smile on my face.
    Going to sleep every night with your arms wrapped around me, waking up every morning with you beside me, holding me, loving me.

For years I suffered and was miserable, crying myself to sleep - I wish I knew then what was ahead of me. It would have filled me with hope, and given me the courage to change things. Maybe that was just the path I had to travel to get me to this point, to make me realise now what I have and how lucky I am.

I treasure every moment of our time together. You tell me every day that you love me. You have changed my perception on life. I thought I was happy before but you have made me realise what love is, and how great life can be.

You are fun, interesting, intelligent, and oh so handsome. - how did I ever end up so lucky?
    Every moment I spend with you I love you a little bit more.

Please may it never end xxx

The way that I grew up has meant I've become accustomed to being held at arms length when it comes to being loved. I've become used to 'I love you/I love you not' so interchangeably expressed. Not that I'm saying you ever loved me, I don't believe you did, but you cared in some kind of way however misguided. I know that. I cared about you too and it was my downfall but at least now I recognise the reason why, at least now I know why I cared so much for someone who caused me so much pain - when your parents show you that love should be a certain way then you seek that out when looking for that love yourself. You know it's wrong, you know it should be better, but somehow it's become ingrained in you from years of being told that's how it is. As for loving you, I don't think I ever did. Thankfully I know what love is, I've felt it for another despite not receiving it from you and I know just how much it turns your life around - but in the right way, not in the way you turned mine upside down.

I don't think about you very often now, but when I do it's not in a wishful way at least - now I see that everything about us was so very wrong. Not that there was ever really an us to begin with, we were simply two people standing about as far away from each other as we could get, with a string so breakable just about holding us together which had been snapped so, so many times.

I know now that I am not all that has happened to me, I am still me and I am still a person worthy of being loved. You never made me feel worthy of anything. You made me feel like an 'extra', something that could be put down and discarded of at any time and maybe that was just your way - but it's not mine. When I care about someone, I care deeply and I show them so that they can feel the way I feel about them too. I want them to know just how much they're cared for, for what good is all that love just trapped within one heart? But you, you guarded every single part of everything you thought and felt with a passion so misplaced but so strong it held me at arms length. I know you cared, but how much is what I wondered. I think maybe you didn't know how to care about someone like me, someone who challenged how far away you kept everything and everyone from knowing you you are. And I do know you. You'll hate to hear me say that and you'll defiantly refute it but I do. You can't deal with life when it throws things at you that you haven't planned for and in defense you shut those things out to protect yourself from sinking into that black hole of fear and doubt. Your self assurance was the thing that once attracted me, but then I discovered it was merely a band aid covering the very thing you feared - to be vulnerable.

You hurt me, you hurt me more than I could deal with and more than I should have had to deal with. You should have been there and you weren't. My world came crashing down and you simply abandoned it instead of helping me rebuild the pieces, either because you didn't care enough or because you were to scared to care at all. Regardless though, it doesn't matter - because you still let me down.

I am not a victim of my own weakness. I am a victim of the weakness of someone else. I am strong and I am determined and I am someone who is reclaiming the life which was taken from her at the hands of someone whose life should never have been given to them. You know that, and yet you called me things and accused me of things that broke what was already just so broken. All I wanted was for you to hold me. To hold me and tell me what what happened to me didn't become me. That it wasn't my fault and that you didn't mean what you said. An email a year later doesn't fix that. Not when followed by the rest that said the very same thing in between the lines. What cruelty is that? What disdain of human nature is it that you've somehow inherited that makes you say the things you said? All I wanted was to care about you and for you to let me, but instead you chose to hurt me to the same degree.

And yet still, sometimes I think of you and sometimes reach out to you in the vain hope that you may have changed yourself. But I don't think you ever will and that makes me sad, however not distraught. I guess I've moved on to the point that I don't need to see the person in you that I know is there, because if you won't trust me enough to care then I can't trust you enough to ever let you in again.

I miss the person you sometimes were, the glimpse I got every now and then. But I don't miss the person who so cruelly tore me apart when I was already ripped to shreds.

• Advertisement

I know what im doing is wrong.
    I tortured myself today about going to see you.
    I couldnt do it.
    I know your girlfriend.
    I want to though, i really want to.
    I know you wont leave her.
    I dont expect you to.
    I just want fun.
    I just want you as my friend too.
    I cant help but torture myself over and over.
    I cant help but hate myself for this.

But i want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

To the boyfriend who I love a lot more than he realises.
    I'm not sure how I feel anymore. Maybe we both did have too much to drink last night. We've had no fights at all this weekend. But you absolutely humiliated me last night. I could have easily told people that you tripped me up and I fell before, and you'd be called every name under the sun, probably. But I'm not going to, and wouldn't. You did apologise for that fall, for last night and yes, I did accept it. Because I know you genuinely are sorry, and because I can't stay mad at you. I don't want to be angry at you, either. ATM, I am. I think back of last night, and literally how humiliated I am. You know which bit I'm talking about. If it were the other way around, you know I would not tell a soul. I wouldn't do anything to tarnish your good name. I love you to pieces, I really do. After last night, to be honest, I'm not sure how to feel about us. I'm really scared. I'm very hurt from it all.
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Cant believe its one year - this time last year I drove over 100 miles home crying the entire way. how I made it safely Ill never know. you broke my heart, I know I walked away but I had to, I was never going to be enough for you. I was always 4th in line behind your priorities. you were and are a great person, but I have now realised how selfish you are at times. I did every I could for you, I loved you too much, that's my issue and now I realise it. But that's just the type of person I am, I care too much for people. We could have had an amazing life together, but you weren't willing to commit, I deserve more. I get annoyed now that I hung in for 8 years , hoping you would change all the time. you know I wanted kids, and I hope now I haven't left it too late to meet someone else and have a family that I always wanted.

I suppose I want to thank you for showing me how it felt to love someone so much and for giving me a great 8 years. Its now time for the next chapter of my life - Ive closed the book on us and Im ready to move on.

I hope I meet someone who treats me as good as you did, but offers me more than you could have

All my love B
    O.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Dear ex,

You hurt me beyond belief and I will never forgive you for that. I'm left with the horrid existence where I loved you with all my heart and soul, yet will never know if you truly felt the same or if that was just another one of your lies. I hate you for what you've done and I would love to have the ability to erase you from my memory.

Having said that, this whole thing has made me realise what's really important to me in life. I have emerged as a stronger person and unlike you, actually have a bright, happy, honest future ahead of me. You've taught me how much love and happiness I have in me to give to someone special someday and also that I can get through the toughest of times just through trusting my heart. Your life will forever be based on lies, hurt, deceit and mistrust, all because of your ego getting in the way and your want to reel in others and cast them back with no feelings. I genuinely feel sorry for you because you will never know what it is like to want to live a happy life with just one person, who you love and would never hurt.

So, at the end of your days, remember what you could have had and how you, yourself got in the way of having it. You made the mistake, not me.
    As for what you are about to do - the both of you are blind, shallow fools.

Sincerely,
    keeping her faith in fate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Dear K

Have confidence in yourself. you have a lot to offer and some day soon it will come together for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

I am so blissfully happy. The more I get to know you the more I love you. I know its only been 4 months but can I know that you're ''the one'' already?! Is that possible? You are my forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I hope you're happy with how you've made me feel. :( I don't understand you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I hope you're happy with how you've made me feel. :( I don't understand you.

Was just about to post the same thing. Only with an angry smiley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In some ways you are very like him, but in other ways you are so very different. I really like you because of this. I'm excited and feeling really positive for the first time in a long while. This is how things were at the beginning with him. The difference is that I really don't think you'd hurt me like he did. Something feels different. Let's see where this goes. I thought being on my own would be easier but I think I'd regret it if I didn't get to know you better at the very least. :) xx

Dear P,

oh where do i start....i guessing i should start by saying that i wish we spoke about it before we got intimate, i wouldn't have had to go through the worst pain in my life and be diagnosed with an sti and have it for life. At the same time I'm glad it happened when we knew each other pretty well and not at the start of the relationship cos i don't think i would have handled it well and probably dumped you. It scares me that it came out of the blue, and not knowing how i got this is killing me. I know that you have been cheated on before but i can tell you i have been 100% faithful and not looked at another guy since you came on the scene. It feels horrible that you doubt me:( I hope to god that you haven't cheated either cos i would be heartbroken if we broke up. The 23rd when we find out if you have it too can't come quick enough! just want it to be over and know where we stand

love xxx

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Please let me sleep after getting this off my chest.

Dear mj,

**** off. I seriously feckin hate you. How the HELL do you think I'll take you back after all of this? Seriously? Are you actually brainless? You are making it worse and worse for yourself. You are a controlling manipulative little basted but I am so proud to say I have never fallen for your tricks. Unfortunately you will be in my life as we have a daughter but you cannot control me and you will not control our daughter. I am on to you, my parents are on to you, my solicitor is on to you so you better be prepared.

Leave me alone so I can gwt on with my life. Please. I'm begging you.

L

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

to mark.... iam sorry for being such an emotional mess during our relationship , i did value you us and our relationship.. really sorry for screwing things up... i dont know why i did .. big time regret alot!! p.s your an amazing person
    love you always
    xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Stop over thinking every single thing! Just enjoy life and stop worrying! Waking up worrying about all you have to do and wondering what is going on with his behaviour isn't going to change anything. Stop thinking!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

You're still on my brain.
    Even though we're in different continents, living different lives now.
    So many wrong men, and then maybe the right one...
    And two flights in opposite directions.
    5,000 miles and eight hours apart.
    You were different.

- Galway Girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You're art is still rubbish but if you asked, I would say it's the best thing ever.

• Advertisement

It's been two months now, and it still hurts like it was yesterday... sometimes.

I think I'm okay and then i see you comment on something, with your usual witty remarks, and bam i'm back to crying over you.

Heard a song yesterday and it reduced me to tears... I'm a mess.

I loved you so much, still do in fact, and to know the reason you broke up with me is that you didnt love me enough is heartbreaking.I would've happily staying with you forever, you're the 1st person I loved and cared about, sure there was others before you, but i never cared they were just something to do, this is maybe karma coming back to bite me on the ass, who knows.

I wish I could hate you , but I don't, the other weekend when i broke down and you came to see me and held my hand was torture , as much as i want to see you now, i know its not worth it, it will just break my heart further.

To know that you will have all the things we talked about with somebody else, is awful. Who knows maybe i will have them too, but stupid thing is I still want them with you.

I wish i was enough for you, i feel so worthless that I'm not. I feel like a nobody, a totally unlovable nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

It's been two months now, and it still hurts like it was yesterday... sometimes.

I think I'm okay and then i see you comment on something, with your usual witty remarks, and bam i'm back to crying over you.

Heard a song yesterday and it reduced me to tears... I'm a mess.

I loved you so much, still do in fact, and to know the reason you broke up with me is that you didnt love me enough is heartbreaking.I would've happily staying with you forever, you're the 1st person I loved and cared about, sure there was others before you, but i never cared they were just something to do, this is maybe karma coming back to bite me on the ass, who knows.

I wish I could hate you , but I don't, the other weekend when i broke down and you came to see me and held my hand was torture , as much as i want to see you now, i know its not worth it, it will just break my heart further.

To know that you will have all the things we talked about with somebody else, is awful. Who knows maybe i will have them too, but stupid thing is I still want them with you.

I wish i was enough for you, i feel so worthless that I'm not. I feel like a nobody, a totally unlovable nobody.

Hey, I'd send you a pm but you're unreg. Judt want to say I was going through exactly what you are last year and I want to tell you it gets better.

You are somebody, you are not worthless, someone who doesn't want you is not worth your time or energy. I know it's hard to believe now but you will. You'll get through this and know that there's someone out there for you who thinks you are worth it.

Look after yourself xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Baby,
    I can't believe we're into the single digits now and so looking forward to see your little face. Please don't be too late, myself and your daddy are dying to meet you!

Xxxxx

Pix, you will be ok :)

You're confusing me, you're sort of giving me mixed messages. I did all the running last time when I was with him. I'm not doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anotherdreamer

To my sister

I'm sorry that I am so mean to you sometimes! I do love you and really want you to be happy but we are such different people & sometimes I really do hate you!!!

It is not your fault that our parents chose to ignore it when you took my things as a teenager! It is not your fault that our Dad can never see your faults & always takes your side in disagreements!!!

I want you to enjoy life! I want you to be happy! I worry about you & I want you to eat properly and stop smoking!!!

I'm scared for you!

I want us to have a proper sisterly relationship! I don't want to be a bitch anymore but you have to meet me half way!

To my Dad
    Please try to understand me ... & it would be great if you could listen to my point of view!!! You'll see that i am right sometimes!!!

To my family I want you to see me not as a bickering, over emotional failure but as the intelligent, successful, strong woman that I am! I like me & i am very proud of who I am!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

So confused wondering why you called me on Friday night. Am i going to hear from you again? I dont like being back thinking like this again.

To Mr D1ckhead,

You are a dirty liar, swine and sleaze.

You were able to commicate with me when you wanted to fcuk me into tomorrow. But afterwards you changed and began issuing little promises which came to nothing. One expectation that you created sat on my mind and weighed it down. Your excuses were vague and flimsy and kept it open.

It's been ages. Time is healing but it still hurts sometimes. Like, why lie? Was it to have a laugh? For attention and sympathy?

You're a troubled old man. Shouldn't you be pricing coffins and burial plots at your age instead of chasing after women half your age.

Dear Universe,

I need a break. Seriously.

xPPx

Dear brother,

You're the best in the world. I wish you weren't so hard on yourself. You are going to make some girl very happy some day. You are not ugly. Please stop saying "Who'd have me?". It makes me sad to hear you talking like that. I know we fight like cats and dogs sometimes but you're an amazing person. Chin up, kiddo. You know I'm right.

Lots of love,

Your (little) big sister xx

A,

Thank you for always being there. I'd be completely lost without you. You're the best friend anyone could ask for.

J x

You,

Try to stay positive. I know you liked him but you need to trust your instincts, you knew he got far too intense too quickly. Plenty more fish in the sea. It'll happen. Eventually. I hope. The loneliness never gets easier to deal with, does it?

Me x

S,

Well that lasted all of 5 minutes. One question: What the actual f**k? You're way too intense, we hadn't met and you were talking like you were in love with me. I really liked you, I was so sure you were different but my God you were OTT. Turns out you weren't different at all. Oh well. Plenty more fish in the sea. I can't see myself hearing from you again and that probably isn't a bad thing.

• Advertisement

Insomnia.....**** you.

Advertisement