Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Me,

I wish I hadn't dragged myself out of bed. I only got a maximum of 90 minutes sleep. I'm no use if I'm half asleep in this lecture. I would have been better off at home, get the work online and catch up.

Shouldn't have forced myself out of bed, really.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When I realised I loved you I thought there was no way it could ever end. I could never love someone else, you'd never cheat on me, we'd never scream at each other and hate each other. And I was right, that's never happened. I didn't realise then that it's not cups smashing against walls that kills love, it's the daily grind of a thousand small inconsiderate, selfish actions.

It's the dirty dishes and the tobacco on the floor. It's when you visibly tune me out. It's when I'm surprised & grateful that you're acting like you enjoy my company. It's when I mention something you've done to a friend and they're shocked, but polite, at how little you think of me or want to be around me. First goes attraction, then love and then, one day, I wake up and I know I don't have to be here. The only thing keeping me here is me, there's a whole big world awaiting.

I don't know that there will ever be anyone else but shortly there won't be you anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

You think I don't know it's you texting me from a different number? Grow up. You really think I'm going to let my child go with you if you act this immature? You are seriously deluded n you are only making it worse for yourself. Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Conor..

God I miss you so much..why did you have to go half way across the world?
    I almost forgot your birthday today.. I can't believe its been two years since we were last together..if it wasn't for that one photo you let me have i'd almost forget what you look like..if only things were different i'm sure we'd both be so happy with each other.. please come back :(

Your Sammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Be proud. You trusted your instincts and stood up for yourself for once. You wouldn't have done that 6 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

World, I asked for help yesterday and I got it. Then a letter came in the post today and it has me feeling sick. I need help to make me strong. I really wish this thread was a direct line to the universe and I could get a sprinkling of good will back in return :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Why do you have to come home... I thought I could deal with this but I'm sick to the stomach at the thought of seeing you. The only thing that would be worse is seeing you randomly, so I know we have to meet up. And it's all unknowns, I don't know how you're going to act, I don't know how I'm going to feel... I mean I don't know if I'm going to hug you or punch you... All the feelings that I thought I'd dealt with over the last seven months have resurfaced and I have no idea how I'm going to deal with all of this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear O

"Oh wah wah wah, the social welfare are taking €30 off me a day every time i work. Its so unfair, thats more than you get taken off you"

Oh seriously shut up, just shut up shut up shut up!!

You are a sub teacher you earn €160 A DAY!! Thats €320 for 2 days, more than i earn in a month of work. Why dont you shut the **** you spoilt little **** and be grateful that you are even finding work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't regret the other night for a second, but I have a sinking feeling that you do. I'm trying to give you some space, but it's so hard not knowing where we stand now, especially as you didn't reply to my texts last night and avoided me today. I'm more than happy to go back to how we were, or try something more, but I don't want to lose you over something we both agreed to and should have known the consequences associated with.

Any response is better than no response, especially with my runaway imagination creating the worst case scenarios possible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Dear K,
    We met around this time last year and looking back now, it’s clear you made a lot of the running and I didn’t respond. You gave me three chances to make a proper go of things and each time I threw it back at you. And here’s the mad thing: you are totally my type and you are gorgeous! But I had a stupid fixation on someone else, who wasn’t worth it, and career-wise everything was up in the air for me and you moved on. In other words, I wasn’t thinking straight and I let you go. If you are still with that guy you told me you’d met, I hope he makes you happy because you deserve it. I just wish it was me with you and not someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I really wish you would just let me in :( I keep trying to tell myself that it's nothing personal, but it's getting more and more frustrating. I'm the last person you should be afraid of.

Why did you have to text and ruin the night out I had? We've never met and you can make me feel like sh1t so easy. You knew I was out and that I had a good time, you couldn't just leave it. No, you can't have another chance. You're too full on, I don't need that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Why didnt you call me yesterday when i told you i had trouble, all it would have taken was a simple question "are you alright" but that question never came. I think you have put the nail in the coffin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear you know who,

I'm so glad that we have a clearer sense of how i got sick, all this pain and stress was caused by a simple cold sore and then us being close. We really should have been using protection but we didn't know that it was going to happen...so lesson learned. Very glad that we don't doubt each other on being unfaithful any more, was a very stressful few weeks and was really afraid of losing you. Sill a bit nervous about the results but we'll come to that when we get them. Going through a rough patch with you has made me love you more than ever xxx

lots of love,

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

giggii wrote: »
    Why do you have to come home... I thought I could deal with this but I'm sick to the stomach at the thought of seeing you. The only thing that would be worse is seeing you randomly, so I know we have to meet up. And it's all unknowns, I don't know how you're going to act, I don't know how I'm going to feel... I mean I don't know if I'm going to hug you or punch you... All the feelings that I thought I'd dealt with over the last seven months have resurfaced and I have no idea how I'm going to deal with all of this...

Wow, well that meeting went unexpectedly well... i hate the word "closure" but I think we officially have it after last night. It was so lovely to see you and I really didn't expect it to be this easy... When you told me about your new girl I thought it would be like a punch to the stomach but it was no different to any of my friends telling me about a new partner... It might have taken several months and a lot of booze and tears but I think I might be finally getting over you. And, even more surprisingly, I think we can actually be friends. Despite my raging hangover, this is the best I've felt in months, so thanks for meeting me, I know it can't have been easy on you either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Why did you have to text and ruin the night out I had? We've never met and you can make me feel like sh1t so easy. You knew I was out and that I had a good time, you couldn't just leave it. No, you can't have another chance. You're too full on, I don't need that!

This sounds way too similar. People asking for second chances like they're a bar of chocolate. They really think we're going to bend over backwards n take them back into our lives? They can jog on!

All of you,
    Stop asking me how the job hunt is going!! If it was successful you'd fupping know about it!!!

Yes, you were nice to me, but lying is a complete and utter turn off. Not telling me a huge thing like that and then trying to turn it back on me made alarm bells go off in my head. I knew I had to put a stop to it. You are way too keen and way to over the top. We hadn't met and you were acting like we were a couple and like you were in love with me. It's nice to be wanted but you're too intense and you made me feel really uncomfortable. Sure, it was flattering at the start. Then it got too much. You are a nice guy but next time you get chatting to someone and you like, tone it down a bit. If you contact me again I'm seriously thinking of blocking your number. You made me feel like it was my fault and you made me feel sh!t about myself, nobody has the right to do that to me, nobody. You've made me realise that being on my own might actually be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Yes, I locked myself in the bathroom just to be away from you. But really, stop making stupid cat sounds and hissing, it just annoys me further. I'm not a cat. I'm not hissing. I am annoyed, yes. I'm just sitting here, thinking of how absolutely infuriatingly annoying you can be at times.

S. x

Dear Alcohol,

Its not me, its you.
    We need time apart.

Dancing like a mental patient to techno is all well and good but i am in so much pain right now. I have no voice, i cant use my limbs and cant bend over or lean sideways.

I think it will be best for both of us.

Yours,

Pixie.

• Advertisement

I'm torn between preferring loneliness and not wanting to be hurt again to really wanting to find someone to love and love me back. Am I always going to feel broken?

Dear housemate...LEARN TO WHISPER!!!!!!!!!! Its half fupping three, i swear i will knock on that wall like you did to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Hey Doc, I was wrong about you. Thanks for trying to look after me a bit. You've been a kind friend after all..... 'n thanks for proving me wrong. :o

MrK - I wish you'd get your act together :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

i need a bit of a rant

Dear D,

I know that I'm not great at getting out of the bed in the mornings, but please stop going on about it. you make me feel pretty bad when you do. Pulling the duvet off me isn't a pleasant way to wake up either!:( Also stop being overly worried about things

Dear L

Stop treating me like a child when I'm telling you about a major event in my life that's happening soon. I'm 24 and not a child.

That felt a lot better:)

I'm torn between preferring loneliness and not wanting to be hurt again to really wanting to find someone to love and love me back. Am I always going to feel broken?

No you wont always feel broken. You will heal in time, it may not be today or tomorrow but you will heal. Have some faith. :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kadok123

Pull away, pull close, pull away, pull close. So many perfect moments. "Loving" spending time with me but not the time to say, simply, I love you. Just say it... or retreat permanently. How long do I wait? You know I need to hear it and yet you torture me with loving spending time with me.

What a ****.

No you wont always feel broken. You will heal in time, it may not be today or tomorrow but you will heal. Have some faith. :) x

Thank you :)

Just being a bit of a drama queen again I think. It's been almost a year, I thought I'd feel better by now but I guess I'll just give it some more time. x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Just because I'm not as into the Vietnamese hot sauce we have as you are, doesn't mean we're not right for each other. There's too much MSG in it!!! Try to move on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Been so long since I posted in this thread.. love an oul rant I do!

C,
    I wonder what is going on, like REALLY going on in that head of yours? I know you're stressed and fighting with your bro doesn't help but honestly, your sudden rage about random things knock me for 6. And I feel like a tick because I don't even know what to say to you? I just go silent because I feel like I will only aggravate the situation... What you said to me the other morning made me feel exhausted.. I can see when you are down about things, it somehow makes you think you've got problems in other aspects of your life.. I'm just sorry I'm not better equipped to help you. I do think you're suffering from depression though.. because I've gone through it too. I know exactly what it feels like. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and say it soon. I hate the way you don't make any effort to contact me at all.. and I hear that you contact your mates etc.. what's so different about me? :(

M&D
    As long as you both know I love you so much then there is nothing to worry about. Yes, I am completely SICK of living at home, I feel like we've nothing new to talk about.. that's the problem. We're just staring at each others faces over the dinner table in silence.. I know my current situation means that I wont be moving out just yet but I beg you D to PLEASE just lay off me! You know you're irritating me so why? WHY do you feel the need to question every single thing I do, it's exhausting and it's making me p*ssed off all the time..

M&S
    I have to say that I do think you two take advantage of M&D... you take the actual p*ss... the only time you come over, is when you want to dump your kids on us so you can go out on the lash.. then you're both too hungover to mind them the next day.. you take a lot from M&D and dont think I havent noticed... pack of mé feiner's you's are. Playing the victim all the time.. we all havent got a pot to p*ss in, it aint just you two that are struggling!

J&S
    Whilst I love you 2 to bits, I wish you would sort out your issues. S, you are an alcoholic... You hide it well on the outside! But I've seen drunken you so many times, and I don't like her at all! She used to be fun, but now she's so angry at life it's not pleasant to be around. And the way you spoke to C on your birthday is awkward for me.. I know you meant well, but sober you would have dealt with it better.. C now feels like a prat and that he isnt welcome in yours..

Christmas should be fun this year! All alone for the first time ever and surprisingly I am happy about it.. It's funny how you think your family are the best thing ever when you're a kid... me now, in my late 20's can see clearly, and they arent all theyre cracked out to be..

I cannot be the rock anymore.. all this responsibility should not have landed on my shoulders all those years ago. I've let go of it now and you can all literally f*ck right off, if you think I will take it back. I was too young. Grew up too fast, wise beyond my years..

• Advertisement

I really don't care that the neighbour's hair is horrendous or that she's put on weight. I'm trying to get ready for my first interview in ages. I.don't care about these things at the best of times.

Advertisement