Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Look, she isnt interested in you. Everyone can see it. Just move on, please for the love of God move on. Its getting pathetic looking at you hound after her, going after the same events as her. please please stop, please.

D

He emotionally bullies you and you take it. You are a shadow of your former self. You are too good for him, he treats you like crap. you have not been yourself in months. You say you love him but he doesnt love you. Please leave him, i cant stand seeing you like this. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

L,

The only thing better than seeing you was knowing you're still the same lovely person after all these years. I missed you and I hope it won't be so long before we meet again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

T minus 10 days. When I text you tomorrow with a heartfelt 'eeeeep' of excitement, you won't realise how significant it is. And that's ok, because it won't be long until you do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I need something. I've been out of college and on the dole three years and it's making me feel like crap. I really am trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Wowza, seeing that change was like a punch, actually feel like throwing up. I am happy for you, really I am but sad for me. I miss talking to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

C - as much of a pacifist as I am, I seriously hope karma exists :mad: just to teach you a lesson in humanity.

D - you constantly amase me, thanks for taking some of my worry away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I hate you

Dear me,

It is time to start concentrating on you. Everyone else can switch off when they want to and you are going to do the same. All that matters at the moment are you and your daughter. She is three months old, the time is going by fast and you better not miss it. You know by her smile that she loves you, and you have yo remember that when she's kicking herself out of your arms. Stop worrying about other people, just concentrate on the two of you. Tomorrow just switch your phone off for the day and do the same for the whole week. Just take a break. You're doing a very stressful 24/7 job and you need to rest. After talking to Kevin today, you know what you have to do. There's no excuses for delaying it any longer. You need to get that part of you up off the floor and on the road to recovery. It starts tomorrow morning by eating breakfast.

Stop being so hard on yourself and concentrate on yourself for once. Your little girl needs you.

I love you
    Me

Dear mj (again),

I can't deal with you any more. If you care about your daughter, stop making things difficult and show me you care. Because right now all I see is a mess. So either get it together or gtfo.

L

Dear A,

I love you with all my heart. You are my precious little girl and you make me so proud. I love you with all my being

Love mammy xxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Beesand

Dear x,

Why amn't I a nice person? I try, I show an interest, try to find common ground but I'm just not nice or likeable. Maybe it all comes down to the fact that I prefer to be alone, and people can tell that underneath it all I just want to get away? You liked me, until you didn't anymore. And now they don't like me either. I'm not exactly lonely, but it does make me sad. Mostly, I don't want you telling lies about me, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

M,

in a funny way, I feel like I've regained a little bit of control in this saga. or maybe gained it, rather than regained... perhaps I didn't have it before, despite thinking I had.

I can clearly state where I am and what I want. can you say the same?

ps- that wink of yours is still, and always will be, devastatingly attractive.

• Advertisement

All that's been in my head these last few days is this: What if you were my one chance and you decided you didn't want me? :(

It's been two months now, and it still hurts like it was yesterday... sometimes.

I think I'm okay and then i see you comment on something, with your usual witty remarks, and bam i'm back to crying over you.

Heard a song yesterday and it reduced me to tears... I'm a mess.

I loved you so much, still do in fact, and to know the reason you broke up with me is that you didnt love me enough is heartbreaking.I would've happily staying with you forever, you're the 1st person I loved and cared about, sure there was others before you, but i never cared they were just something to do, this is maybe karma coming back to bite me on the ass, who knows.

I wish I could hate you , but I don't, the other weekend when i broke down and you came to see me and held my hand was torture , as much as i want to see you now, i know its not worth it, it will just break my heart further.

To know that you will have all the things we talked about with somebody else, is awful. Who knows maybe i will have them too, but stupid thing is I still want them with you.

I wish i was enough for you, i feel so worthless that I'm not. I feel like a nobody, a totally unlovable nobody.

Seeing those pictures of you from last night... didn't break me. You looked happy, I hope you are. Guess what? I'm getting there slowly but surely too.

I've done more in the past two months for myself than I ever did with when i was with you. I know i complained I didn't have any friends to you the whole time, but I do , I have the most wonderful friends ever, its just a pity it has taken getting my heart completely broken to realize it. But I have realized it and I'm so so so grateful I have.

I still hate you for how you ended it, i deserved way more respect than that, but I dont hate you for ending it anymore, if that makes sense. I know now we deserve so much more, like you said I deserve to find someone that loves me as much as I love you. And you deserve to find someone you can love that much too. I hope you find it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dear self

Why do you always always always have to leave everything till the last minute,ya big dope ya,you had a week to do this work but no you had to leave it till Sunday night yet again.

PS

Get off boards ya big dope ya :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Dear friends,

You literally are such a great family to me, I couldn't ask for a better group! Although you've all been going through some rough times lately, you still never fail to ask how i am! To the ton of new buddies made the past couple of weeks - you have shown me some outrageously fun times and I cannot wait to enjoy loads more with you :)

Dear ...,

The last time I spoke to you, i thought I could never be happy without you but guess what - I was wrong! Such a mind boggling situation is now crystal clear to me now and seems like just another break up. I know it all happened for the best for me and I am over the moon to be feeling so happy after those few weeks of misery. I can honestly say I am over you one hundred per cent and am moving on in a positive direction. I have made a huge step recently and am intrigued in seeing where that goes. I am strong, stronger than I ever thought I was and know that, with my newfound perspective, I'll not stop until I achieve all I want in life - work wise, love wise and family wise. I thought you were this perfect person who I could have spent forever with but looking back, you so were not! I'm happy you're with someone else because it saved me from a life with you, one which i know you would have tried to control. Regardless of everything, I do not hate you. Life is too short to hate. I hope you have wised up and won't hurt your new wife anymore. You're 30, you should know better. Go live a happy life, make babies and please, treat them with more love and respect than you did me. This was a lesson for you aswell as for me. What happened is in the past and at least we can move on, learning from the mistake that was our "relationship".

Dear self,

You know now yourself and have an understanding of life that can help you so much in the future. The past few years, you have gone through a lot and matured faster than you should have. So be true to yourself and use it to acquire what you want in life. You have no need to be afraid anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Dear Mum,

Thanks for making my bed today while I was at work.

And thanks for looking after me even though I'm an adult.

I love you,

Your PhysiologyRocks. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

C.

My love for you is endless and grows more and more each day.... you are my soul mate.

I doubt you will be browsing through TLL but if you do and you come to this post, I hope you are ok! I don't know why but last night I was remembering all the saved text messages, conversations and times we were happy. I remember how devastated I was by losing you. I remember saying "I will never love anyone as much as I love you now". I remember you saying that you will love me now and forever.

Well, its been ten years, I forget how I felt for you. The pain of the heartache is gone and I do have to admit that I love someone a million times more than I loved you. It is unconditional and I will never leave him. He is my son.

Thank you for loving me, thank you for being my best friend. I hope it was my mind playing tricks on me and you are not in trouble or unwell.

Please know that if there is anything I could ever do for you, I will. All you have to do is ask.

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Dear me,

It was bound to happen, everything coming to a head. The stress. The feeling of drowning. Getting on top of you and bringing you down. But you can get through this, the weekend showed you the amazing friends you have and how lucky you really are. You are lucky. You need to decide what you want career wise. Make a plan and get there. Be happy. Please be happy. And stop worrying about meeting someone, you are not in the place for it now and until you are there is just no point as you'd just screw it up, but it will happen (I hope!!) when you are ready and back to yourself! Take some time for you and stop putting so much pressure on yourself to please others. You can't keep them all happy especially not at the expense of yourself. Good luck and one day at a time.

I naively thought that you of all people would never treat me with as little respect as you did on Friday night. You no doubt think Im overreacting but what you need to realise is that it's the little things that count with me.

Making jokes about the whole situation after an apology through text really doesn't make me feel any better.The penny will no doubt eventually drop but it's already too late...Im no longer available at your every beck and call.

Make me feel anyway near as crap as I did on Friday night and be warned that I have no problem walking away without so much as a second glance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

It's nearly 4am and I'm sitting up listening to Drake.
    Kind of on the verge of tears, missing so badly the slagging you used to give me.

"But his music makes me want to have sex!"
    "Erotic asphyxiation resulting in your own death?"

That morning I was sitting in an uber serious news meeting and you just randomly texted me, "niggas talk more than bitches these days". I nearly spat out my coffee.

Why are you so far away. Why am I here.
    I know myself well enough by now to know I made the right decision, but I'm questioning everything.
    It's time for something new. I just wish that "something new" would reveal itself to me.
    And I wish we hadn't wasted that year, I wished I hadn't ruined things by losing patience with those dates where you just sat there like a new friend, so shy about making any move. I wish O hadn't come and swept me off my feet...

But I don't, really. O was wonderful, everything I had been lacking in every relationship I'd had up to that point. O was a game changer.
    But exactly a year later, so were you.
    And then I took a transatlantic flight.

I wish I possessed the practical, logical train of thought in these situations to think with my head and not my emotions.
    They seem to get me in trouble.

I hope Vancouver is everything you wished for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

This mornings bus driver - seriously, you should include barf bag for your passengers... :mad: driving is no way to get your aggression out.

To the dreamy specimen of manhood that boarded the bus today :) ...may I say "phowarrr!" and thank you for standing in front of me :D even though I was soooo distracted that :o I missed my stop... Your glance my way (when I got off the bus) made me smile all the way back to my destination :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dear HR Job recruitment people,

Whatever about me not getting the job, that was almost a given at this stage, but at least have the cop on to address my rejection letter correctly. My name is not remotely gender ambiguous, so you're addressing me as Mr. giggii was not appreciated. I know I don't mean s*** to you, but it's the little things...

Dear me,

Don't be disheartened, a job will come up. Don't start thinking that doing a masters wasn't worth it just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Bazgina

Dear B.,

Its been a month since you broke up with me.
    I'd be Lying if I said I didn't miss you. I went through a extremely rough month of placement before you left me. I became dependent on you ,I realise now, that was unfair to you.

I am not angry anymore, its just a knot in my stomach. I still partly blame myself. Even though I know I shouldn't
    Every time that Galway advert for AIB comes on, my stomach drops.The memory of the summer gone is too raw.
    I just want to cuddle up with you in bed and let the world pass by. So that I can forget that I am in a course that I hate, feeling lost and vulnerable. I want your reassurance that things will be ok again.

I am keeping busy, I have fantastic friends . I have come to realize that a lot more since you left me.

The night-time is the hardest, I replay all the scenes in my head and I crave your embrace.
    The temptation to call you up and ask how you are doing, has crossed my mind more then once.
    They say time is a great healer. Maybe it is. I don't know.
    All I am sure of , is that I will get my degree, figure out my life, try to move on but not forget our first kiss on the beach in Spain. I dont regret meeting you.
    Right now, I have so much work to do, that I will use it as a distraction.

Healing Slowly,But not forgetting Tarragona.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Thank you for breaking my heart.
    S x

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Everything is fine. Enjoy while it lasts.......

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

E,

You did the right thing, just hold the faith a little longer, something will turn up, xx

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    Everything is fine. Enjoy while it lasts.......

Which wasn't very long. Got mugged at the shopping centre. Luckily for me their "price"was €25 worth of make-up and nothing else...But it put a big damper on an otherwise good weekend :(

You can do this. Look how far you've come this year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

G,

We've been flirting like mad for eight or nine months. I never once thought you actually liked me, even though I was mad about you.

Can't believe you've just asked to make it official. :) You're awesome. :)

Cheers for being the reason I've been smiling all day long. :) x

I'm not going to lie and say I'm completely over you cause I'm not. You were a huge part of my life and one I will never forget. But I'm looking to the future now.

I went on a date at the weekend and it still has me smiling. He's lovely!!! And I'm seeing him again this weekend. If nothing comes of it , so be it, but it has shown me that there is decent guys out there.

I really do hope you're happy with the decision you made to walk away from us, I can hand on my heart say that I am happy you did. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my life, not constantly worrying when you were going to eventually break up with me, cause I always deep down knew it was coming, its a huge weight lifted.

• Advertisement

D,

I'm apprehensive. A lot is at stake here. You better not mess it up

L

Advertisement