Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

D,

Dying to see what happens in the next six months... Lot of big and great things happenning! So happy right now! Thank you- you really are awesome!

Love
    S xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

E - you silly girl. The "you" you are now is paying for the "you" you were then. Bet you wish you could go back and throttle the bejaysus out of the old you and tell yourself to cop the hell on. Hopefully M will never suffer any consequences. M doesnt deserve this. You are a horrible person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stop pretending life is great when it's really ****. Nothing good will come from continuing to box up your emotions in the long-term. You will only be hurting yourself and may eventually harm yourself. I hope you will come into money in the future and invest in counselling to address this issue.

M.

I am sorry. I know I hurt you. I don't know where all that came from. You know I am anxious about next week. Maybe its that?

I am afraid we wont be able to provide for m. Honestly, for the past few years it has been only me doing any providing. Why won't you work, M?

I got a call about a bill today. I haven't been able to settle it in 3 years. How will I ever be able to get a mortgage? I wont, and m will grow up with 2 lazy good for nothing parents.

I wish we had never met. I am sorry but I do. Things could be so much better for the both of us. Poor m is going to pay. My darling m, I am so sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Stop pretending life is great when it's really ****. Nothing good will come from continuing to box up your emotions in the long-term. You will only be hurting yourself and may eventually harm yourself. I hope you will come into money in the future and invest in counselling to address this issue.

Have a look in your area for free counselling. I attended free counselling last year, there may be some near you. Or speak to your gp that you'd like to go but you can't afford it, and could they recommend anywhere. Hang on in there, it will get better xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

M,

For the love of God please just leave well enough alone. The best response you can hope for from your family is silence. You achieved that in your last letter, which I painstakingly helped you write in a manner that got your point across without sounding nasty in return. And now you want to send a second letter prompted by nothing other than the feeling of 'well he was nasty to me, so he can get the same back'. You're not taking any of my advice, but I'll still be expected to pick up the pieces when this backfires in your face yet again.

For your own sake, please deal with your issues and move on.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

S,

I'm not going to drop everything to give you a lift if it doesn't suit. If you'd given me a bit of notice maybe, but I haven't even showered yet! Don't go off in a huff cause you didn't get your way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

You're supposed to be my dad!

At this very moment I hate you so much, I never thought such a thing was possible but you have gone to a new low!

I am missing one side of my family due to your lies!!

I hate you :mad:

I HATE YOU!!!!

I gave you what you wanted yet you STILL complain. Gtfo of my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

D,

You may never actually realise just how happy you have made me. I can't say I wasn't expecting it - Just maybe not so soon!!:-)

I want to scream and shout about it from the rooftops but I also like the idea of it being our own thing and letting other people figure it out for themselves.

While the next few months are going to be ridiculously tough on the both of us - I just know that it will be completely worth it. I know I am ready to give 110% to the cause.

Love,
    E xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

P,

Stop lying to me, you idiot. I know you're lying, I'm just seeing how far you'll go with it. You're a very silly woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Dear MIL,

You drive me insane. You are so over bearing and rude it makes my blood boil.
    To think you opened one of our wedding cards that came through your door, even though it was addressed to us, because you "didnt recognise the handwriting"! You didn't even see anything wrong with doing this :( I know full well you opened it because you're a nosy so and so that wanted to see how much money was in it.

You can be such a lovely person and I respect your relationship with your son, but he is a husband now. Its time for you to take a step back and stop acting like you are his "significant other".

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

D,

Quite looking forward to seeing you again this Thursday - even have butterflies :) Who would've thought we'd get on so well after a few minutes of chat in a bar?!

C x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

K - hmmm.... well, that was a surprising bit of news (wonder if that was a sign)... I'm gonna have to process this before I decide what to do...if anything (I am still very leery of any interaction, you understand). Keep taking steps in the right direction... for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

i'm confused. i can't tell if i miss you, or if i miss how things used to be. you were such a part of my social landscape and it's like there's this big hole in that landscape on the plot where you once were.

but i still know that your negativity, cynicism and bitterness wasn't good for me.

i'm torn between knowing that life is short and regrets can destroy you, and yet knowing that sometimes you just grow apart from someone for very good reasons.

which part of me do i listen to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You,

Get back on track. You're so close. And don't put yourself down. I know you're down and you feel like you'll be alone but would that be so bad?

Me x

Ex,

10 months since we finished and even after all the sh1t that happened I still wonder how you are. Can't work out why. Is it because you were my first or because I'm too soft?

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Life

Stop being a dick.

Please and thank you

Beks

Yay! Its over... Thank crunchie for that!

Me,
    Start being more confident in yourself. You're not half as unattractive as you think - you've had plenty of life experience and compliments to prove it! Let go of your inhibitions and for God's sake - BE YOURSELF! People like it when you are. And keep the faith, you will be able to pull through all this work and get your degree! You're not stupid and you can do it! Keep powering on! As for the love life, enjoy the attention and just go with it. Just because you don't want another relationship yet doesn't mean you can't date and see where it goes.

Did you cheat on me? I have suspected since we broke up that you did and you only broke up with me because you didn't want me to find out. I really shouldn't care because I don't love you anymore but this is driving me insane. How am I supposed to deal with this and move on with my life? I shouldn't give a damn. My head is just all over the place. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bonnie2

Dear C and L,

You are both absolute and utter c*nts. You are the epitome of 'lads.' Your 'banter' is not 'good craic,' it's mean, insulting and hurtful to the 5 girls you insulted last night. I'm glad that you both got about 2 minutes of laughs out of calling us 'ugly', 'annoying, 'virgins' and 'cling-ons,' - I seriously hope that the approximate 2 minutes of laughs that you got at our expense were worth it, because three out of the 5 of us you insulted are suffering from depression and your insults have just made our weeks about ten times worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Me,
    Breathe...your mother can't help but be an inconsiderate b*tch..Don't kill her..she just doesn't think about what she says and how it sounds or will make you feel...just ignore it..you're going home tomorrow.
    Sam

J,
    I suspect you are a member on this forum and your posts make me want to reach out! N truly loved you, he really did but in honesty, he was an awful eejit towards you. He didn't realise how much you cared and was too stuck in his own ways/mind (as per usual) to open his eyes! He did not and would never have cheated on you, that I know for 100% sure! I think he broke up with you because he felt stuck in a rut and thought, in a stupid way, it would make everything right. It was only when the damage was done that he came to know it was you he wanted and he who needed to change. Nonetheless, that is no excuse. You were so right to refuse his plea to get back together! You deserve someone who knows what he has and wouldn't hurt you! From what I know of you, you seem like the loveliest girl yet have been treated unfairly and in many ways, I relate to you. Which is why I'd love if we could be friends in real life someday as I know how it feels to not have someone to talk to. I feel a strange connection to you and have a lot of life things in common with you. Hopefully one day we'll be able to meet and put the world to rights over tea and chats. But just know, you will be the happiest girl in the world one day! It has to happen, good things eventually make their way to good people and when they do, they last a lifetime!
    Love,
    C x

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I shouldn't have needed to learn to say no. I shouldn't have needed to ever had to say it. You know that. Don't make me do it again. I know that you need help but I can't keep being the one to provide it and I shouldn't be feeling guilty for that. I can't handle it anymore.

Mj,

Ok seriously? Is this the way to get into my good books, for me to want to be friends with you for A? You are making this worse n worse for yourself. If you are interested, do not make plans when you are meant to see your child, do not text me at 8pm the night before to change said plans n then get annoyed at me because I can't abide by them because I've already made plans! I'm not going to sit in all day waiting for you. Anyway, this is not about us, it's about our daughter n you can't just show up when you want and disrupt her routine. Have a bit more respect.
    And talking of respect, how dare you say you have respect for me yet call me mean n nasty every single time we talk? I actually hate you so much

L

My head is all over the place. My thoughts are so confused and messed up. "You should be alone, it's easier, nobody will hurt you"....Who would want you? He ran away so why would anyone else want to be with you"...."You won't find anyone else."...."Do you really want to take that chance again?"...."You're a good person, someone will see what."...."Why did he run when things got tough?"...."You don't deserve anyone else."...."Maybe it was your fault.".... Which thought do I believe? Why am I so mixed up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Family,

Grrrrr, just grrrr, I like to come home to see my friends but honestly don't think I'd be too worried if you lot only appeared in my life on a monthly basis (or even less often). We have nothing in common. The house is a constant tip. Lazy is the perfect word to describe ye most of the time with argumentative being a close second. Just grrrr. 😡 Have been dreading Christmas since last year and continue to. Hate is too strong I know but can't think of a better word 😞

Thank you. I really really am grateful. :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

J,

I don't want you in my life any more, I am so much happier without you. But I still miss you a little bit. I'm not sure why; maybe it is just because you were mine.

I'm sure you knew I would google you, and I'm sure you knew I would find all those poems about me. They make me happy, so thank you for that. It's nice to know something good was borne out of all the tears, that I DID matter to you.

You've stopped posting them since you found someone new, and I genuinely hope you will be happy. It just irks me that I had to get the worst of you so someone else could get the best of you.

A.

• Advertisement

K,

I love you! I have missed you being in my life often and I really hope you get a job here and move in :) No doubts we will make great housemates!

B,

Why did you have to make yourself out to be such a twat? I loved our little chats and thought we would be great friends but you just had to go ruin it by putting the moves on me and then going all quiet afterwards. I still want to be friends you know, even if I don't see you that way. Why can't you just respect that and let us have a shot at a platonic relationship?

M and D,

I seriously love you two with all my heart and perhaps I don't say that enough. I'd be lost without you and I pray everyday that you stay healthy and well to see me accomplish great things, get married and start a family. If I could have one wish, it would be that. Not having either of you around for the happy times would break my heart!

M,

I do stop and think of you from time to time and wonder what's happening now. I honestly don't see how what you did will ever amount to happiness but hey, why would I? If I'm honest wiith myself, I do miss the feelings you gave me at the start and yes, I am craving the coupley things again. But no, I don't miss you and I don't wish things could've turned out differently with us. I keep asking myself would I be with you now if you had followed through with your false promise and the answer is no. How could I have ever loved you like I did before everything got out? I couldn't and I was stupid to think I would've let you win my trust back. What I am baffled at is how she can even sit next to you without her skin crawling. Because as bad as what you did to me was, what you did to her was a hundred times worse. I don't know what lies you told her but I'll bet it was something awful. She must have no self-respect, maybe that's why you stick with her. You know you'll get away with anything and she won't bat an eyelid. Horrid way to live. Truth is, the first time I met you, you didn't even attract me physically... I should've known then. You're not half as "hot" or "charming" as you think.

Advertisement