Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear eyes,

Please don't flare up. Last time was so painful, I don't want to go through all that again. Besides that for three months I looked like someone had given me two black eyes.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

You mean so much to me baby. Please don't leave me. I love you. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I am ridiculously drunk right and upset right now so excuse the swearing...i cant believe you just ****ing did that to me !!! YOU ARE MARRIED!!! I be nice to you and you do that!?. How can i tell her!? Shes having your second child for **** sake!!! I cant stop crying since i got home... How dare you do that to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear A

I just want to let you know that I am not sending you a Christmas card this year.
    Nor will I text you, ring you or ask you to come out with me over the Christmas
    At this stage I just want to see if you will make any effort for me as I though we were friends.

I spent years being available for you when you needed someone to go out with. Some times I would get a text with an hours notice with can you come to x with me?
    I never saw you stuck even when I did not want to go out, was tired or short of money.
    Instead I got dressed up and made the best of every night we went out.

I listened to you complain about how your hate your job. I know you hate being single when nearly everyone we know is married. I know how you hate living at home and helping out on the family farm as I listened to this for years. I gave you advice over the years which would have made your life better but you chose to ignore this.

Since the start of the year I have got a few texts from you asking me how am I and telling me that you are just so busy. For my birthday I got a text message a day late hoping I had a nice day the day before. I asked you then could we go out for a night to be told we will go out soon. That was months ago and since then I have not got as much as a 10 cent text message from you.

I have made a few new friends and we ring/text each other on a regular basis. We even have nights out. Even at this stage we are planning things to do next year.
    The next time you ring/text me I will be busy and you will have no one to blame but yourself and your actions. My days of always been there for you are over. The sad thing is that you have no idea that you have lost the best friend you will ever have but I won't waste time with someone who treats me the way you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

P,

is something bothering you?:(

you've been a bit distant in the last few days

• Advertisement

I've been crying my eyes out all night. I love you.

I just heard from you. It made me feel a tiny tiny bit better. Xx

I think I'm posting here too much, but.

I could see tears in your eyes too. Your big brown eyes (which I love) were all glossy wet. I don't want us to end. We can work through this, I know it. I promise you. I love you always. Please, just trust me.

S x

Dear Me,
    You need to cop on to yourself. Why on earth do you feel so down about yourself? The logical part of you can see that you are a nice person, and you have amazing family and friends who love you for who you are, so why the self doubt? Worst of all, the self doubt makes you do things like binge on crap food all weekend, making you gain weight and hate yourself even more. You do deserve better. You deserve to meet someone and be happy and in love like all the other girls. You have to accept that it may not work out and be willing to put yourself on the line tho. This wall you have up is rediculous for someone of 20. Why are you so cynical? Why do you do things like eat and not study, to reinforce the false beliefs that you are fat and a failure? Cope on.

I can't believe it's been 8 years since you slipped away Grandad. I still miss you. I wish you could have stayed longer to see us all growing up and I'm only realising now that I should have appreciated you more. It wasn't fair that you got sick. I've never met anyone who loved living as much as you did. I wish you were still here. We all love and miss you so much xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Right so i tell you the truth and go apeshít at me and blame me.

What the absolute fcuk did you want me to do? Lie and not hurt your feelings and while i would be hurting even more and find myself trapped somewhere i do not want to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

You can be really very annoying when you are drunk.

D,
    Does it make you a bad person to sometimes hate your own father? God, you've been going to the pub four days in a row this week and coming back barely able to talk. Not that this is unusual, you often go to the pub and are gone for hours on end with no consideration for anyone else, but I can't remember the last time you gone days in a row even, during the week except the time you lost your job.
    You just walk out the door and that's it. Its funny, I see you when you're sober and then when your drunk and it's like I've split you into two different people. One person I hate, the other person I like. At least it's not as bad as when I was growing up, when you would go everyday and come back and have horrible arguments with mam, that was really bad. I feel so ashamed of you, worried about bringing friends round in case you've been in the pub all day. Not that you're angry but just the shame of you being only being half there or slurring your words or talking jibberish, that horrible glassy look in your eyes.
    The feeling of being tense at the dinner table, either being silent with the hope of not stirring anything or desperate filling the silence with lighthearted topics and jokes for the whole dinner, so as not to give the chance for you to talk nearly, which I feel so bad about. I'd just wish you'd realise how much your drinking has effected me and grow up. For God's sake mam was an alcoholic when we were very young but got help and stopped but you never did, you have always been an alcoholic. But mam always said it took a lot to give it up and that a person cares only about the next drink and little else. We have no relationship and I know that is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I have friends in my life with no father and sometimes I wonder is my situation any different?
    Mam your anger over it doesn't help, complaining about dad to me about going to the pub all the time and confronting you when you say your just going for a walk, ''Walk to the pub I'd say''. I know your angry about it but I'm sick of listening to it, I shouldn't have to shoulder responsibility for it. I feel sorry that you too have a loveless relationship, but that's not my fault. But I'm so proud of you mam that you quit, I'm not sure what life would be like if you hadn't. You always fuss over us and make sure we're loved. Love my aunt and uncle as well you are always a rock and an example of a loving relationship and bring normality to my life. It so hard to believe the statics of how many people have/had alcoholic parents, it's such a secret addiction that no one talks about.
    Dad, I love you and respect how hard you work for us, but your drinking makes me hate you. I was so scared when I read that children of alcoholics often end up marrying alcoholics or people with addictions themselves or become addicts themselves and it scares me to my core. I'm scared what if I or one of my siblings becomes one, I'm not sure I could deal with history repeating itself.
    I don't want my children to suffer for what has happened to me. I had a fear of drinking for a long time due to what has happened and I'm still not interested in drinking, I barely ever. Maybe it is what has made me so picky when it came to relationships. When you pass, I know the guilt of never having done anything to help you and not having had a better relationship with you will always follow me around. But if has taught me anything it has made me strive to make sure that I pick the right person for me and make sure when I have children that they have a completely different childhood to mine.
    Wow, I can't tell you how much better that feels to have a rant out like that. Sorry it's so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I cant believe you havnt even tried to contact me to apologise for friday.. The fact that you dont even feel a little bit guilty for what you did just shows you are an absolute scumbag..she deserves so much better

You need to find a way to put up with it. You shouldn't have to, but you do. You may as well try at least. Don't let it ruin Christmas. Get dolled up and feel good about yourself.

Cop on with the eating. You've done so well up to now, don't let this be a setback. You've come so far. You need a kick up the backside. Let this be it and make sure tomorrow is like a new start.

I know you're lonely and it hurts. You just have to hope that someone comes along and makes you see why it didn't work with N. I know you loved him but you need to keep the faith that you'll feel like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I really don't know what to do. And I know that's not good enough anymore.

I'm listening to Lemonworld, lying in bed with a freshly made hot water bottle across my feet, and I wish you were here. And you're ten minutes away, beautiful and glowing and asleep, and in a few weeks you're moving away and I will hardly see you at all. And I don't know how I'll come to terms with you not always being there for me, even if only hypothetically. I've never had a safety net like you before, and I don't know how to not have you now.

What exactly am I supposed to do?

How the hell do you not know by now? How have you not realised?

I wish you were here, even if beautiful and glowing and asleep, just as long as I was with you. I wish you didn't have to leave, and I wish you didn't have to do what you have to do and god, I wish so much sometimes that I was a bit better or more together and maybe somehow worth any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

Me,

Last night just proves how far you have come and why you should be confident in yourself. Stop doubting and acknowledge what others say - especially the strangers whose first impression is most pure. Look how many compliments you received and how you talked to people all night without a hint of nerves or awkwardness - you were 100 per cent you and you should do that all the time! Clearly people connect with you far better that way. So keep that in mind from now on, let your insecurities go already! They've hung around far too long as it is!

N,
    It really does baffle me how you had the cheek to say you loved me, yet never gave a **** once you got what you wanted! I really hope you get what's coming to you because I'm finished! I don't need your mind games and empty promises anymore. God knows I've had my fill of that lately...

O,
    I really enjoyed our little night time trip to the beach tonight! Very smooth! You've lifted my spirit up a hell of a lot and i thank you for that. You're a sweet chap! x

F,
    You really surprised me! I had such a great laugh with you last night! I was weary of hanging round with you at first but you are actually so down to earth and we have tons in common! Plus you're kinda hot! College will be much more interesting from now on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Dear Me,

Why do you let them get to you?! The 2 of them are just nasty bitches and you know what they are up to. Just keep your head down and get on with it. A new job will come up soon and it will all work out. They are managing you out - fine, you know that but in the meantime try and just get on with it and ignore them. Don't let them intimidate you, they are no better than you are

L - you are the light of my life. I love you more than you will ever know. I will tell you every day how great I think you are.

E - You are my rock. Sometimes I wouldnt make it through the day without you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Phone - :mad: why you wont work inside my house? I would like to make calls inside where its warm instead of sitting on the frigid pavement in my pajamas!

EA - :o I enjoy the occcasional silly little texts you send... But I will never tell you that ;)

S - :rolleyes: You make a compelling argument, but I am NOT that kinda lass :eek: ...looks are deceiving

3 years ago yesterday. Bet it didn't even cross your mind.
    And 24 years today. Bet that didn't cross your mind either.
    I'd be over it a lot more today if life had worked out for me the way it worked out for you. It's not like I put any less effort in or tried any less hard than you ever did.....and yet you're the one with all the luck. I guess what goes around doesn't necessarily come around.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Note to self.

Start sleeping.
    Start eating regular meals.
    Quit thinking you can do everything on your own.
    Relax, you can do this. You're good enough.

B

• Advertisement

So today we would have been together three years. It's scary how much things have changed. I really did love you. I hope things get better for you and I hope you do something with your life. You'd make a wonderful nurse and I wish you could see it. Things are on the up for me, big time. I hope the same happens for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sometimes you have to accept what you have and allow it to be enough.

Sometimes you don't.

Figure out which one this is please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

G thanks for remembering my birthday - not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

G thanks for remembering my birthday - not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear Asshole

You had your chance with me. I was mad about you, gave you a chance time and time again. You messed me around, lied to me and used me. My heart once hurted. I thought it would never stop hurting but it did.

You made it so easy for me to hate you. Now go away. What makes you think I want to see you? I get more enjoyment being with my cat.

Get lost, stop pestering me and stop ringing me.

I'm MAD about you!!

Thank you for making me smile, actual proper smiles for the 1st time in a long long time

You were worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

mom & dad,

lm sick of ye being so false, family should always be first. l need to get away from ye. l honestly don't know how ye can live with yourselfs with all the hurt ye cause

Dear friends

you're both really selfish and it's getting pretty irritating at this stage. You expect me to sit there and listen to you complain and moan but yet when i have a problem instead of offering me any comfort or advice it's all 'well I have worse problems because blah blah blah'. I actually wonder if you care about me at all. Sometimes I wonder if you're jealous of me because I've made (marginally) more progress than both of you in my career. But I've made that progress by working really f**n hard. You both just expect things to fall into your lap, both just waiting for something or someone to come along and fix all your problems. It doesn't work like that. You actually have to put some effort in. You wonder why you never have any luck with men? Maybe it's because you expect the men you meet to treat you like a princess on a pedestal. It's always about what they can give to you. That's not what a relationship is, it's a two way thing, a partnership, you have to actually care about the other person too and give something back to them. It's not just about finding someone who'll make you happy, it's about finding someone who you want to make happy too and get pleasure from seeing them happy.

Not that I'd ever tell you any of this, not that you'd listen even if I did. No doubt go on the offensive. You shouldn't have to change who you are to make people like you you'd probably say. Yeah, maybe, but you also have to extend compassion and kindness to people too, you can't constantly justifiy your selfish behaviour by saying 'oh that's just who I am they can like it or lump it'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear cat in my new gaff,

Thanks for waking me up repeatedly by scratching at the door and miaowing dementedly at ridiculous AM for the last five nights.

Thanks for the incessant, dead-eyed stares, like some sort of she-devil, which I am sure are designed to intimidate and show who's boss.

Thanks for scratching the sh1t out of my new jacket.

Thanks for knocking over my new plant (on purpose, no doubt) and jumping around in the soil, leaving a path of muddy earth all around the apartment.

I know you're just a cat.

But I despise you so much it gives me energy.

Yours,

No-Longer-a-Cat-Person in London.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Ireland,

So excited to see you and all your charms next week I can't contain myself!!

Love always,

Legs

Advertisement