Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

You,

Chin up, mkay?

All is good, in the grand scheme. Sure, things are different to how you imagined, but different isn't necessarily bad. Remember that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

C... oh C... dear oh dear.

Why, WHY did you send me a picture of your penis. What the hell am I supposed to do with that!!!

Yep. This is officially awkward now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you knew me better, you'd know why I just simply can't do this dance you seem to want me to do. I don't know why you want to subject me to some kind of love story test I will fail when all that matters is that I like you and you appear to like me. It really is that frustratingly simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

M, I would love another baby. That is all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

G,

Don't ever make vile comments like that in front of my friends again. You mortified me. You are supposed to be 22 effing years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ben,
    I can still hear you talk about me in the damn kitchen, have you forgotten already how much sound travels in this house?
    I do not appreciate being reduced to tears in my house..you are inconsiderate, yes I do not deal with confrontation well but you really did not need to say that **** to me.
    one of us needs to move.

Other housemates..
    Thank you for making me look like I am some sort of irrational freak.. you bitch to me about how much that f*cker annoys you yet when he comes to bitch about me you back him up! Thanks....really thanks sooooooooo much for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear self,

How on earth did you not cop that you were in such a bad place after all that happened? A blind man would have been able to see that, you selfish idiot. At least things are better now but you should be ashamed for being so thick.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IfIwantedto

just wanted to wish you a Happy Chistmas x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

HM - You love me... You love me, regardless...
    I love you unconditionally, but you love me... regardless? :confused: Regardless, of what?
    You should probably come down off that pedestal while I take my rose coloured glasses off, dear friend.

We seem to be stuck on that same broken merry-go-round we've always been on, and I think it's time I got off.
    You know the carnival ride, the one where you have endless relationships, yet whisper to me "but you are the one I have always loved"
    ...And I stay hooked on the possibility that you actually do love me, and if only I held out long enough that our love would come true.
    You are too good at stringing me along and I am way too good at holding on.

Interesting though, through it all, your eyes still imply that I am the duplicitous one, responsible for our downfall (I just gave you a convenient excuse is all).
    Yeah, I am not buying into it anymore. I will always love you, but I just choose not believe you anymore.
    I don't want a future of waiting for you (it hurts too much!) And now that I am facing some truths, given our past, I don't want a future with someone whom I cannot trust to be integritous or possibly ...faithful. :(-GW

Note to self: Don't fall for another pretty face with charming words. They are probably well-rehearsed. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear self,

Will you just get a grip? What's with all the eating? You're undoing your hard work. You've got 10.5lbs to go and you're self-sabotaging? STOP IT.

Me x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear you know who,

I'm really glad that we started working things out with issue that we have at the moment with my illness. At least we have a plan of action for the new year and hope it's something simple that can be easy to treat (if there is something wrong). Thank you for reassuring me that you weren't going to break up with me over it. Very glad that we had a talk and sorted things out about why you were distant. I accept that being cheated on in your past is always going to be with you for the rest of your life. But i think you should try to move on and try to not let it define your further relationships. Questions such as "are we alright?" sometimes make me wonder if there's something wrong and makes me a bit worried. You have a wonderful girlfriend who loves you to bits and if i wasn't happy i'd talk to you about it and not go off with another guy xxx

Dear S,

Thinking of you lots at this time of year, will feel very strange not having you around at the dinner table smoking your pipe and having a laugh:) I miss you.

Dear R,

ugg where do i start?! I want you to come to christmas but you won't come because you think the house is going to be broken into :( You're acting strange and tis worrying me a bit. You can be really stubborn at the very best of times! On the other hand I'm kind of relieved that you're not coming because you get on everyone's nerves with your non stop talking, staring, getting in the way etc. So kinda in two minds about it really

Dear boadise,

Thank you :) I'm really grateful x

Dear M,

Thanks for the christmas card and gift card, it made me smile :D

Dear family,

can we please decide what we doing for the training in a month's time, can't wait to do it all over again!

Hey B - thanks...........I really mean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

To anyone reading this and if you're feeling a bit pants; know someone, somewhere is thinking about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Happy Christmas Loungers!

I hope you are all happy, safe, warm, fed and watered :) I know this is a difficult time for many. I hope no one feels lonely and if you do, please pick up the phone and talk to someone - or post on boards! I'm sure there'll be a few about!

I'll leave this here too. It's full of organisations that can help those in need.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Charlene_92

D,
    I don't want to jinx whatever this is but it excites me greatly :) so glad that we randomly met out again Saturday and that we've been talking since! it's put a massive smile on my face - thank you x

Dear __

I'm too scared to tell you in case you don't feel the same. I'm in love with you. Whatever next year brings so be it. Thank you for caring about me, its the nicest thing that's ever happened to me. Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dear extremely creepy dude,

I accept if I wear a low cut top you will see my chest. It's not my aim, but it's inevitable.

However, there was no justification for you approaching me and my friend at the bar, and pulling the neckline of my relatively conservative dress towards you so you could get a good view of my chest.

When I told you that was inappropriate and you laughed it off, but you failed to recognise that it wasn't funny, that was worrying. I also wonder what your wife thinks about you behaving that way. It's hardly something she finds endearing about you.

You're not just sad, you're disturbing.

Blush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Dear Chemist,

Thank you for making a mistake with my prescription and giving me two tablets for my painkillers instead of two boxes.

Sincerely,

Girl with a headache and nothing to get rid of it.

I know what you did, you think I don't because you regard me as stupid.
    I'm not stupid.
    I have just held my tongue for way too long.

We had been friends for almost 20 years but your partner has finally gotten their way.
    No more.

Your partner who I have never done a thing wrong on has always hated me(although I never knew this till recently and have no idea why, jealousy of our friendship maybe???)
    They and you have successfully alienated me from a lot of "friends" with your little insidious campaign of venom and backstabbing.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't see exactly what was going on for such a long time but then again who would think a friend of such a long duration would do such a thing, so you both had enough time to screw me over real nice, I guess I was toooo trusting.

Your partner changed you, or maybe you just changed yourself.
    I am CLEARLY so not good enough for you as a friend.
    I have had enough of your condescension and unforgivable jabs and my children.
    People in glass houses.

I don't know what I ever did on you other than being a loyal friend but let me tell you, if this is how you treat friends, eventually your loyal lap dog circle will get the backlash sooner or later(they may have to wait 20 years like me)

Keep you clique, I'm not cool enough for you anymore.
    That doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    But to go out of you way to turn other people against me who we have both been friends with for a very long time but who you have more contact with than I would, what the hell is wrong with you????
    What have you been saying behind my back for all this time???
    I'm done

• Advertisement

Hey God - about that young kid crouching and shivering behind his pack at the busstop, the one who looked soooo cold and :( alone... Can you watch out for him today? Maybe find him a place inside, away from the wind? And possibly a place to stay until the weather warms up? ...Maybe you can send some of my guardian angels on assignment? Cos they have taken care of me... almost too well. :o
    'n, thanks... for everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Sometimes I just hate the fact that you're doing exactly what I wanted to do.. But I just didn't get there yet.

S. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Give up the act that you're god's gift darling, you ain't fooling anyone... I'm here now, can't stop me now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear mother

You're one jealous, sad individual.

Jealous of your own daughters but actively getting us down and undermining us in life.

All our lives. Even as kids.

We had the opportunity to take swimming lessons in school and you wouldnt allow myself and my sister to go swimming. Three brothers and they all had swimming lessons.

Studying for school exams. And you would come in and throw our books all over the place. For what. Because the floor wasnt swept to your standards. You never asked the boys to sweep the floors, they could obviously do a better job. That was still happening at 18 years old. The real reason, god forbid we get on in life and make something of ourselfs.

College? You never believed in us.

College was over 10 years ago, I should be over this. But you keep on adding to it.

You stopped hitting me at 23. I had a car, I suppose I was useful to be used. To carry home your boy's shopping.

Dont forget the finanicial abuse, demanding housekeeping of the girls only. Remember in the 1960s, girls werent allowed swimming. It was also the man's job to bring home money. How you thought it was ok to take housekeeping of the girls for the keep of 3 brothers, grown men.

Ok so you have a problem with females. Its your problem. Not mine.

So many more examples.

Is it control?

You're a bully and nothing but.

Only a few years ago and you were house cleaning in the same house my sister was minding a disabled baby. She knew the baby's routine and knew it was nap time at 11am. She would ask you to go in and clean before the baby would go down for a nap. Or wait until after. You would go in while the baby would be sleeping and open the windows and hoover. Were you hoping the baby would get a cold and land her in hospital? Blame the minder. You would have loved it.

You're not cleaning there anymore. But you dont have anyone to get down.

So you try and get me down and undermine me. At the age of 31 and you're still jealous.

I qualified as a veterinary nurse not so long ago. But do not ever use the dog to get to me.

A few months ago, the dog was limping, off to the vet and she needed loads of rest. No jumping allowed, and take her out on the lead for the toilet to prevent her from running and doing more damage to her leg.

Her first day of treatment, I had her out to the toilet on her lead. Drove my brother 5 minues down the road and only to come back to find the dog running down the road to greet me. You swore blind you were watching the dog from the back door. The vet didnt say to watch the dog from the door, take dog on lead. I only had her out 10 mins before that.

Was that to get me down? What would I know. You knew how to get to me.

Just the other day, I was saying not to give the dog turkey bones as they splinter inside and tear up her insides. But what would I know. The dog vomited 3 times on my bedroom floor, all containing turkey bones.

Who am I give you 'orders' not to give the dog bones. Or 'orders' to keep the dog on the lead.

Its all control with you.

Use the dog to undermine me. But then you use a child to get to my sister and get her down.

Continue that crap with me. You'll never stop. Im going to the UK after xmas. Its too close to you but fcuk you and your sad life and getting myself and my sister down.

If anyone else looked at you, they would never know what you're really like. All that crap was well hidden even from your boys, even they cant know what you're like.

That abuse started as kids. Im 31 now. No more. Im cutting you out. Where will it end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Its only a god damn cold! Man up and get over it ffs! We only get one weekend a month to do what we want and you sitting in bed all day feeling sorry for yourself over a fcking cold!!!
    So annoyed right now!! Why cant men deal with it like normal people

God - about men... why can't they :o read our minds? why can't they understand that repeated attempts at saying no, without saying screaming the word 'no', means you are just not interested. Seriously, if someone kept brushing me off, I would take the hint. Okay, so I am generalizing here....not all men are dense.... and not all women are as as silly as I am about this..... Am I really gonna have to spell it out to him? How??? can you give me a hint? I can't hurt the mans feelings, he's oddly helped me these past few months... I just don't seem to trust him... And a few things he said last night makes me very leary. He won't let me be stand-offish and I just don't know what to do... He says he's just tring to help, but he knows too much about me and my whereabouts and that worries me, for some odd reason... Plus his 'authority' and what he wants to do with it does not set well. I can handle myself with men, but odd ducks I cannot. He throws me off-guard. ???Help???

EDIT: On second thought, Mistur....... I need you to just back-off. I think now is the time I should learn not just to say 'no', but 'heyull no!' Enough of me being a coward and trying to rationalize your odd actions... Plain truth is, I don't like it, and that should be good enough without defense or explanation. I've given you enough power over me - it stops now.... It's not like we are friends, the way you are being soooo invasive is just not right!

Okay Self - believe it! get that courage! you.....go girl! buck up! you can do it (can I really?) yes you can! ....now stop talking to yourself :o

'n XP - Thanks :) for a bit of perspective

Dear DM,

You know well that you make my heart skip a beat. I love the way you interact with your niece, it always makes me smile. I love that you love your job. And that you often have to wear shorts. ;) Nights out are that bit better when you're there. We always have a laugh. Your jokes are filthy, just like mine.

But I know well that you don't feel the same. We're a bunch of friends who have hung around for years.

You're a player and always score the hot looking girls. That's not me. I know that if I was skinny and beautiful you definitely would have shown an interest. I'm working on myself and while it's not to please you, in someway I hope that it'll result in you looking at me differently.

I'm scared that you'll settle down before I get the chance.

But those Snapchats last Saturday made me go 'Eh?? Are you flirting with me?' It didn't take long for the night to become an all night flirt fest. And Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday!

You've stirred feelings that I've buried deep deep down. I can't tell the other girl in the group cos I snow it'll eventually come out and then it'll just be weird. You'll backtrack and say something likeI like her, but not like that

Then when we all met up on Thursday night you were so drunk and really hands on. We had a laugh. We flirted but I knew it wouldn't go anywhere.

Then last night I go and get pissed. Drunken Snapchats are a bad idea. Fair enough they were clean and only my poor attempt at drunken flirting but yeah, maybe 6 of them was too many!:rolleyes:

And now I haven't heard from you all day. I'm like a teenager worrying that you don't like me. Then I think that maybe you just think I'm handy, that I'll stroke your ego and give you a big head.

You have my head wrecked. Is this just a bit of fun? If it is, then we need to stop because I actually do have feelings for you and it's not fair. And you know it. Is this the build up to something else? Do you just want to feel good about yourself and know that I'll do that? Am I getting my hopes up?

God, I sound like a hormonal 15 year old girl, not a 27 year old woman. I can't stop thinking about you and I'm mad with myself. I'm mad with you for starting this. And with me for falling so hard.

Please don't use me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

After many years of knowing you, I'm appalled to discover how unbelievably shallow you are. You're so shallow it's disgusting. You need to take a good long look in the mirror and realise something, you are not that handsome or buff to pull the girls you think you should get and turn down other fabulous girls because they are a bit 'weighty' which I might add were not even that!!! You don't have the charm, wit or looks to pull any woman in person which is why you are online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Dear cousin
    Don't really care if you've your own **** to deal with, least you can do is make your aunt feel welcome after coming so far to see you.

Dear friend
    Didn't think we'd drift but god knows what you heard.

Dear workmate
    You weren't kidding when you said you weren't a nice person, were you?

And now I feel better! !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Oh and dear sexy Scotsman,

Thank you for making me feel attractive and like a real woman for the first time in way too long. I wish you had taken my no because I'm way too cowardly to make a move :o

Anyway what will be, will be.. happy hogmanay ;)

Advertisement