Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Girl that I once knew,

It's really hard to pay tribute to someone who you haven't known in any real sense for more than a decade.
    The last time I saw you you were in a school uniform, with your hair tied back characteristically boyishly, and probably a football or a hockey stick in your hand.

I don't know where things started to unravel for you.
    I don't know when being alive stopped making any sense for you.

But I've thought quite a bit about humanity today, about the vulnerability of the human condition, about how fragile we are.
    I wish I could have seen you in recent years, stopped in the street for a chat, given you a hug, a smile, laughed with you.
    I don't know why I wish these things, it would never have made a difference. Perhaps it's for my own selfish reasons, to give myself some lasting memories with you that are more palatable than imagining your last moments.

Or maybe it's because I know that that stuff matters when your head is trapped in darkness. Sometimes it can make a difference. Kindness matters. Kindness is everything.

I'm so sorry for every dark moment and every tough thought you've experienced over the last few years.

And it scares me how much I can't understand, and yet I can. We are all so delicate, so easily broken beyond repair.

I wish something could have changed for you. I wish a different moment could have released you somehow from what you were living, rather than the moment that found you.

I'm so, so sorry.
    Your poor angel.
    And I hope you can finally rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

It's not weird. YOU are the one making it weird. We kissed and it was unexpected (though lets face it, I'm delighted) but we are friends and lets just move on.

You say you're busy with work and stuff but you always had time to message me before...? I'm trying so hard to be normal and get things back as they were but you're not helping with your lack of contact.

So what do I do now? :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I wish I knew what to say to you.
    what do you say to your best friend whos girlfriend has just ended her life? I thought she was just a friend, why didnt you tell us you were that close?
    Im so concerned for your state of mind right now.. the past four months were hell for you..depressed about your phd..not knowing what to do, then she comes along and makes you think differently, gets you back to your old self and now shes gone..just.like.that. I really hope you can turn to R and me and not shut down again.. Im so, so sorry, i cant imagine how you feel right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Oz 'n B - I didn't know I felt such a connection until they said you were both leaving today. Now I feel very alone in this little corner of the world... and Sundays will be pure drudgery now. Missing you already :( and feeling quite sorry for myself.

K - Why can't you be the man you used to be?!
    How does that song go? "..we're bad for each other, but we ain't good for anyone else"...You need me, more than ever - I always got you where you wanted to go. And you gave me a little (not much, but more than I have now) stability. I hope you can provide that again but seriously doubt it, given the way you destroyed my world. Maybe I can put some blinders on again, if absolutely necessary.... atleast for a little while. But don't think I trust you in any way, I just need what you can offer and you really need what I can give - I hope you realise this and are willing to work something out, you are about my only hope (and I so wish you weren't!) :(

M - You are NOT helping! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I can't even put into words how much you irritate me. You make my blood boil. I've never met anyone so downright ignorant.

• Advertisement

Self - seriously, get yourself together! You are letting way too many things get to you today.
    The uncertainty of your situation is enough, you can't take on every one of your friggin' problems today....

...and stop crying, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

I need to get out of this cycle of using you for validation. You need to get out of the cycle of using me for an ego boost. And yet you made me feel so much better today just by listening and having a laugh, and you didn't condescend to me at all and things seem a lot clearer now than they did this morning. If I can have you in my life in a healthy way, that's what I would like, because despite everything and how complicated it all is, you really mean a lot to me.

Thank you. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

I need to get out of this cycle of using you for validation. You need to get out of the cycle of using me for an ego boost. And yet you made me feel so much better today just by listening and having a laugh, and you didn't condescend to me at all and things seem a lot clearer now than they did this morning. If I can have you in my life in a healthy way, that's what I would like, because despite everything and how complicated it all is, you really mean a lot to me.

Thank you. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel? I'm finding it so hard to keep my head above water but I can't think why.. I have everything going for me so I should be on cloud nine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

You didn't like me from day one.. I genuinely cannot see why people actually like you. And that's me being generous. You ruined things for me. The weird thing is, even though I barely even want to know you, I have to. I cannot see how things will progress, unless you back off and let me do my job.

I gave you a chance, but again, you just didn't like me. I rarely say that I dislike someone, but by god, I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

I am so sad that you didn't get that job... I really thought you would. I am sorry now that I put you forward for it because it really got your hopes up. Please don't feel down. It is no reflection on you. It was a big job. You would have been a project manager and you have been out of the game for 10 years. I know if he was just considering you for a developer role you would have definitely got it... You are so smart but I know your confidence would have been knocked... dont worry, that pm role was intended for me too and I got passed over also... ;)

Oz 'n B - really miss you! I didn't know I would.... I don't bond, dammit so what changed with you two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

D,
    Why did you have to laugh? Why? It was so hard for me to say it in the first place... And you laughed??
    Thanks for that.. I now feel like a total idiot!

Cals,
    Why do you have to be in australia when i really need you! Get your ass back home woman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Fine, don't bother replying. And don't flatter yourself, I'm over you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dear ankle,

please hurry up and just heal already. You seemed to be getting worse rather than better. You hurt, a lot, and I'm having to plan everything around you and that's cutting a lot out. You also need to get better before my holiday next week because I won't let you ruin that.

If I have to case against the place that caused this but I shouldn't have to. We're into week 9. This is ridiculous.

MCR

To my first car,

Please let me find you soon, I'm getting impatient! :o

Me x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear you know who,

You didn't show up yesterday to see your daughter. No text to let me know, and then when I text to ask you why you didn't let me know, you said how can I expect you to show up when you're feeling depressed, down and hurt. This is all after mediation where you blatantly said you couldn't afford one euro a week for your baby. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but this is not about you and I, this is about our daughter. You complain that I am stopping you from building a relationship with your daughter but you're the one who is making it hard. I am giving you every opportunity to build up trust with us, then you do something like this and just expect me to trust you. ARGH! you only care about yourself and how this will all benefit you. I will say this once and for all, you are in NO FLIPPING WAY using my baby for your own benefit. Now decide whether you want to actually get to know your child or fcuk off. We don't need this stress in our lives.

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Herisson

You make awful decision s when you are drunk.

Stop that.

Well it's been a year. I really thought I'd never get over you and what happened but I have. I thought if I ever made it this far I'd still feel exactly the same as I did when it happened. I'm stronger than I thought, a lot stronger.

This weekend last year you went to see your friends, ignored me for almost three days and then blamed me and said I was the one with the problem. Back then I thought it was my fault. But now I can see it was you and I don't take any pleasure in saying I was right that you were suffering from depression. I hope you realise sooner rather than later that you need some help, before you push everyone away like you did to me.

I did love you but that's faded into a memory like all of the other feelings.. I do still wonder how you are from time to time, I wonder how your family are doing, I wonder if anything has changed for you. I don't miss you anymore, but I do miss the moments that have become memories and I miss how you made me feel when we were happy together.

I hope you find happiness and I hope something or someone gives you the push to go do something with your life. I told you all along you'd be a great nurse and I saw it right from the start. Go and do something about it, you said you wanted it.

I'll probably never find out how your life turns out and it's likely we'll never see each other or even be in contact ever again but I do hope you'll be happy, whatever happens.

J x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I'm not as smart or intelligent. Stop contradicting me in front of people.

And licking up when your pished isn't making up for being a b*tch when your sober.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't have a problem with admitting when I'm wrong. But don't criticise me in front of our son. I will not accept him having the same attitude to me that you and your siblings have to your mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

I need to quit you. You're my best friend in the world but I told you I want more so now you shy away. I'm sick of getting upset any time you show interest in another girl, it's slowly but surely chipping away at my faith in romance and actual happiness. I'm beginning to think that the only way to fill this gaping hole you left in my chest is to cut all contact with you, but how can I do that when my heart still leaps when you smile at me?

Me

Realistically, you probably won't find anyone so maybe you better get used to it.

Me

EDIT:
    Okay, so maybe you jumped the gun a bit. He didn't want you, but someone else might. Just see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear Garth Brooks

I can't wait for the summer gigs. The gigs you'll be announcing later today.

I hope I get to see you or will you stop and meet your fans after. I really hope so.

I hope I get to meet you today. Cant wait.

From your biggest fan

Xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear me,

put down the glass of wine and get over. So your new job wasn't everything it cracked up to be. Get over it. At least you're getting paid.

I know the bullying in the last job destroyed you. I know you're afraid of the same thing happening again. But there's always going to be a jerk no matter where you work. You have to be strong.

I know the house if falling apart but the rent is 50% less than anywhere else in the town. Just survive. Save and save for that deposit. you can do it. someday you'll own your own house.

Hang in there. Its hard. I know you hate to hear this but nothing in this life is easy, Someone will reply to one of your job applications. It's only been 2 months. Someone will see your spark...

You'll shine some day soon. Just dont let that ass extinguish your flame. Keep fighting, keep working. Keep cashing those paycheques (cause you know he hates parting with money).

You made the decision to let your boyfriend follow his dream. You gave up yours to support him. You keep working. You don't let him know.

Stay strong. Don't give up. Things are always darkest before the dawn...

And another one scared away!

Life, putting yourself out there is scary. Constantly getting rejected just sucks lemons.

3 years now I stayed quiet and worked on myself. And yes, I am fine on my own, but why dont you want me to meet someone. Am trying.

Why cant you help me out and throw some people who are interested my way? Instead of idiots who seem interested and then run for the nearest hills.

I could write "whats wrong with me" but I know there isnt actually anything wrong with me, I just need a bit of luck.

Something you give others, but devoid to give me. I just dont know where to try anymore!

Life,

I have to update this, because I have to say something.

You have put me in some of the weirdest, I mean weirdest, situations I've ever heard of the last 5 or so weeks. Even my friends/family are like WTF? To be fair, I feel like you are trying to point out something to me. But I have no idea what. So, seeing as I wont be getting any kind of letter or post from you to figure out what it is, Ill write to you and ask you.

Can you just please please give me a friggin break? Can you at least make things a bit easier/clearer?

I am trying to make something good happen in my life. Why do I feel you are always going against me?

Give me a clear sign (not just very weird situations that I cant join the dots to). Yes, life is for learning. If life was a big university, Id have several degrees, 5 PhDs, and 3 post-docs done already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I dont know what has gone on, i thought we got on ok during the week, now i just feel like i have been given the brush off. I have asked you if you have given me the brush off. I dont know or really understand why you wont give me a straight answer to that question. Also i am aware that there is something going on i am not being told about.. It is very hurtful after 2 years of absolute patience i cant get straight answer from you. I havent done anything to deserve that treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear wisdom tooth,

Really?

REALLY?

Did you not get the memo about my life already being a giant ball of stress with a million other loose ends that need tying up?

Do you really think I have time to not be able to eat, or swallow, or open my fcuking mouth, or get you pulled out of my head?

Do you really think I'm "wise" enough for you right now, when I'm already fraying at the seams from the chaos and indecision of my life these last few months?

Please give me a bloody break, for the love of God.

Kind regards,

your pissed off host

I won't reply to messages, I have nothing to say to you. I now see what a selfish person you're. At first i was hurt by your actions but now i have had time to think you did me a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear himself,

I'm very sorry that you are sick, I feel really sorry for you and totally helpless:( You're been sick so much in the last six months so i think you should go to the dr as it is affecting your quality of life and us as well. Haven't seen you a lot at all this month and i really miss you

Please get better soon:)

S xxx

Advertisement