Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

G,

You have no idea how happy you've been making me.

I assumed you'd be annoyed or bored with me by now. Instead, you're planning a holiday with me for several months from now. I didn't see that coming.

Thanks for making me so happy. I was happy before, but am even happier now. I didn't think, a year ago when I was mad about you, that this would happen, but I'm so glad it did. :)

And I'm not saying this to you directly because I know you'll tease me for it :pac: you'll probably see this anyway. :)

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Daisy78

So that's it then. She is the one for you. She is the woman you will settle down with. Or settle for? I think we both know the answer to that. You haven't a good word to say about her but you will make a life with her regardless. Do you not both deserve better than that? Maybe I imagined it all then? The non stop flirting, the way you seek me out every time your in my area, the long excited chats about all the things we both love, the discovery of all the things we have in common. But I know that I didn't and you know too. Do you know how you make me feel....just seeing you can change my day, can make a bad day so much better. But my heart can't take the disappointment anymore.

So here it is................I love you.....I shouldn't but I do. And I can't tell you. And in a months time il walk away and we won't see each other again. And some day il hear about your wedding and it will break my heart. I need to write this here because I can't tell you how I feel and if I did....we'll I know what your response would be. But I need to do this for myself too....closure I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What happens some women, you complain about the hens you have to go to and the expense. Then it comes around to yours, and it's a night away, an "activity" and fancy dress. Do you not think about putting people to this expense, and no matter what you say, people are too embarrassed to say they can't afford it. Have a bit of cop on and consideration! Hen parties away should be a thing of the past, going to your wedding is enough of an expense! Princess my a**e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Fcuk you! That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

You are such an ignorant and petty little man. Perhaps if you took that massive chip off your shoulder you could be something more than a doorman for a bunch of pretentious w@nk3rs. The dogs feet had barely touched the ground when you came out from your little box yelling at me that there were "no dogs allowed on the premises". Really? If that is indeed the case then why is there a West Highland Terrier sitting on my mothers couch... you are such a spiteful loser. Enjoy the rest of your boring day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 EmmaGEM11

Dear me and my ex, I am annoyed with myself that I left you ruin my trust in other guys, so now I'm not sure I will ever trust anyone even if they are 100% true, why didn't I walk sooner.

Dear new guy, you could be the love of my life but I'm so scared of getting hurt, I'm trying to relax but it's hard.

Dear whoever it is that's up there, will you let me have a break and just let good s**t happen to me for a few years. Please.

Dear my friend who has rejected me hugely, I do wish you so well in life, I'm sad that you didn't think enough of me to even respond to me but I'll let you go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear Happy People,

Go fúck yourselves, leave me in my misery for a bit.

Sincerely

Herisson

I give you money, even though you earn more than double my wage.

I give you clothing and shoes of mine when you decide you like my stuff.

I'm always here if you need anything, and go out of my way to help you when you need it.

If I can act like a sister, so can you. You're nice to one of our other sisters, so you can be nice to me and the youngest.

Broadcasting things about me on my facebook and then insulting me, all because you don't like a several years old drunk photo my friend posted of me?

Please cop on and act like a normal human being.

I haven't forgotten you deliberately ruining my 21st party, or the time I was mentally ill and you told me to make sure I slit my wrists 'properly' and that I was making up being depressed (I had post traumatic stress, btw, educate yourself). I had forgiven them, but the more nasty things you say to me, the more they come back up to the forefront of my mind.

Please at least act as though you care, even a little. I still love you to bits. You're my big sister ffs, I'll always love you. I don't want to dislike you. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I told S today that I will never have you, and she responded "you'll always have him" with total sincerity and I knew then that I've been looking at this the wrong way. You will always come through for me, and be there for me, and I for you. Love comes in many forms and ours is a great and beautiful one.

It's bizarre that you feel so close and so far away. Dreaming of dancing with you in the Galerie des Glaces and waking up with that fuzzy smile set me up so well for today. Falling asleep talking to you, knowing that I will wake up to a goodnight text, is the most brilliant continuous happiness I have felt. With you it's a combination of so many magical and out of this world moments, and thrilling everyday occurrences, or the way that you phrase something, or the flash in your eyes when you're thinking, or your many and wonderful kind gestures and thoughts. You are the closest thing to perfect I have ever known. And yet you're flawed and I can see that, but you're the only person I think I've ever wholly loved, and I love the bones of you and not just the idea of you, or some construct I've projected onto you. And I will always have you and you will always have me and that's all I need in this world. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

^^^^ That's a really nice post! :-)

Dear Me,
    You're looking well, keep it up. DM doesn't matter anymore so just focus on yourself and stay doing what you're doing. You're pretty fcuking awesome.

Also, stay away from the shots on a night out, ya clown!!!

Love,
    Me. -x-

• Advertisement

Dear guy I like,

I really thought I had actually lost the ability to feel attracted to a man until I met you. It is such a relief to know I can still feel this (well, for someone that isn't that other eejit)! It would be so great if you liked me too and if this went somewhere, but maybe that's too much to hope for. For the moment I'm happy with just having someone to daydream about. If you catch me smiling at you again, that's why ;)

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear C

Thank you for that today, meant a lot to me, its sad how small things mean the most to me. In a very selfish way I hope you don't come back, I hope you stay there because when I see you, I'm so drawn to you, its so hard because I know I can't go back there, so many what ifs, so many disappointments. It would be good to move on, even though a part of me still has something for you.
    I'll always wish the best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear self,

Tomorrow you are going to motivation. This is a huge step for you but I can feel it in my bones that this will work. You are more conscious of your weight now and how it's restricting you and tomorrow will hopefully be the first step to the future you. Yea its expensive but it's an investment into yours and annabelles future. It's going to be a slow road, so don't expect it to happen overnight. Be patient with yourself. You will get there.

Good luck

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

A year ago today you broke my heart and I thought I'd never be able to get over it. Wow, I'm so glad how wrong I was. In the last year I've completed a masters degree, finishing top of my class, have a better job than most people my age, and I've lost 2 stone and am feeling better about myself than I have ever felt. I realise now that I was merely settling, and I'm so grateful that you ended it before I threw all of my potential away and followed you across the world like a lemming. I've learned more about myself in the last year than I did in the 22 before.

It was difficult, I'm not going to lie. I've dealt with a lot in the last 12 months, family illnesses, being very sick myself, struggling to deal with balancing a masters degree with a job and coping with the worst boss I have ever had in my entire life. But amongst some really tough moments have been some of the most treasured experiences and moments I have ever had. I did things I never ever thought I could do, I've had so much fun, and despite all of the sh*t, I've had the year of my life.

This morning I woke up beside a man who, not only is the most magnificent creature I have ever seen in my life, but makes me feel like I'm the most interesting, fantastic person in the world whenever I'm with him. I don't think I've met another person who has made me laugh so hard, and the butterflies are yet to subside several months down the road. I thought I'd never find someone like you, the truth is you're a dime a dozen. I went into a job that I absolutely adore and is more fulfilling than I ever thought it would be. And I just found a cookie that I forgot I bought today in my handbag. I win.

I do hope you are doing alright, although I have absolutely no desire to find out. Yes, you were a big part of my life, but I have no desire to have that part of my life back. My life is by no means perfect, but I'm pretty damn content with it, which I never even thought I'd be saying a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Stop telling me you you are going to call, then not. You set a time, make it sound so important, then simply don't bother. Stop messing with me :mad:

Dear tosser,

I'm officially sick of this. I don't know how much longer you are going to play this charade. I was told today to follow my gut instinct and my gut is saying not to trust you. How dare you ask me if I want my child to know her dad? Of course I feckin do, I told you three times to your face, but you're going to use it for your benefit. I can tell. Why don't you go find someone else and leave us alone. . We're better off without you anyway.

I can't say I wish we'd never met because then my baby wouldn't be here today. But I wish you would just leave us all alone.

It's not my fault you're in trouble and could be caught soon. You're the one who broke the rules of your visa and im not going to clean it up for you.

Kindly fudge off,

L

Eh,

What the hell? What the fudge did I do other than support you? Help you through the tough times and then you just decide you don't want to be friends any more.

Seriously, people are fcuked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why are you in my head? Go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear himself,

The last 2 days was great:) i hadn't seen you in about 5 weeks so missed you very much I'm also very pleased that you're better! I'm glad that we sorted things out, i recovered from the experience in the hospital back in September physically very well but mentally it scared the writs out of me. I was constantly going if 'what if it happens again' and was quite scared. I was scared of doing the thing that got me in the hospital in the first place! After six months of frustration, being afraid and in general it taking its toll on us yesterday i finally let go and enjoyed myself with you. It was an emotional moment for the two of us but glad it happened. I really hope it continues and we can get back into the swing of things

I'm also very proud of you for sticking with the e-cig and not smoking:)

Love,

S xx

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Dear me,

Just hold it together - don't fall apart now. Yes, it would be lovely to have someone to help & be there but you're on your own so deal with it!

GF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I can't stop thinking of that evening by the lake. I wish I could go back to that moment and tell myself, knowing what I know now, to count my blessings and cherish it, because things would change. But that's life. And boy, am I starting to work out that it isn't fair.

Even the heady smell of the onset of decent weather reminds me of you. You are sunshine and lying in the grass with my toes in the river and skipping over cobbles and icecream and milkshakes and cookies and macaroons. You are belly laughs and spilled wine and blowing bubbles and spinning, spinning, spinning with overwhelming joy. x

Dear Me,

Am I sad because it's raining or do I have some sort of power? Wouldn't that be cool.

I know that it's tough. Everything just seems to work or it doesn't work and you want to keep on trying. But every fall makes it a little bit harder to get back. You start back just that little further and means that you have go a little bit further just to get back to square one.

Do the ups and downs come because of outside factors or would they come no matter what? You know the answer and it's terrifying because it means that no matter how hard you try, you can't fix it by yourself but the solution is as scary as the problem. Despite it all, it'd be really fúcking nice if something just came right.

Forget it all though. Tomorrow is a new day and you know that tomorrow will be different. One way or the other, it'll different and it's the not knowing that's "fun".

Love,
    Your number one fan

Dear World,

Please see the above and try to understand why I can't always be the person you want me to be. I wish I could and I try my very best but sometimes just trying is the problem.

Yours in resignation,
    Moi

Dear Boardsies,

Writing this has been so very cathartic, I had to thank you. Each and everyone of you.

Hugs and Kisses,
    You'll never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear self,

So you're going to a beers in a month's time? eeeek! Don't panic, I'm sure it will all go according to plan. Even though it scares me half to death, have a little bit of faith, doing what scares you, will make you a little bit stronger in the long run. You can do this!

love, from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear self,

8.5lbs to go, just keep going! Look how far you've come in a year!

Love, me.

To everyone in work,

Thank you for having faith in me and giving me a chance. I'm going to work as hard as I can to prove myself.

Me x

Dear Social Welfare,

So long! Well, for a while.. :p

xPPx

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EmmaGEM11

Dear the cruel vile scum of the earth who threw that cat off a bridge in Athlone, I sincerely hope with all my being that you rot in hell.

Dear those who I will never trust but I have to deal with, passive aggression is ugly and I can see through it but don't worry it doesn't bother me, I'm better then that.

Dear me, oh god, it's scary isn't it. You meet the man of your dreams, you speak about having babies with each other and the first time you let nature take its course, it may have happened. I know you don't know for sure but you feel different. You've bought the test but you want to wait for himself which is fair enough. I know too that part of you is afraid of taking the test because if it's positive it makes everything real, so you are going to stay in limbo for the weekend. You are smiling though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M

l know your using me, lm sick of you coming to me to bitch about v and c. lm always ****ing there for you, and lm the fool who picks up the phone or go to town with you when your bored. your too use to getting your own way, lm wont be your fool anymore. lv known you for the last 8 years, it means nothing to you. you dont bother to pick up the phone to me, most of the time your too broke to go out but then out the blue, when you feel like going out you can afford to! l really wanna tell you to piss off, but no l cant and you know it.

:( sick of feeling used.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I love you. I hope you know that because I really do. I put you through heel and you don't deserve that. I'm such a bitch and I don't know why I act like that because you have done nothing but be amazing.

I think I'm scared and I'm taking it out on you. You're the one person I can trust with anything but that's the problem too. You know everything.

I'll get over this. I promise that I will. You mean to much to me for me to lose you. Please trust me on that. I'll get myself back together and we'll be great again.

I love you. So much. Always.

I love you, and I hope so much that I'm wrong and that if I'm wrong, you don't hate me.

Please let's get this sorted, one way or another. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Just grin and bare it and hope tonight goes well and the he actually listens to how tired i am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Mr..

I'm lucky to have you. My tummy hurts, you go out and get your haircut, return with a heated blanket and KFC.

What did I do to have you? :confused:

Me. :) x

Advertisement