Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I need to stop doing this. But it makes me so sad to think I'll probably never feel like that again, with a whole world of possibility rolling up in front of me. Maybe I will and just can't see that now, but where will that naivete come from in the future? I want that purity again. I'm being selfish I know, but I need what I need. I need to stop and look out for myself just a tiny bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jurga78

why on earth dis I say "yes" ...

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭ne0ica

Mod Snip

Please don't use this thread to attack other posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dad, the neigbours are right about you..........you are a bully. How dare you treat me the way you do, can't wait to get out of here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

He makes himself more at home here than I do and I'm the one that LIVES HERE. He insults me almost every time he's here and yet you give out to ME for being 'rude'? Do you think that this is okay? I'm not "contrary" as you put it, I just want to be able to relax in my own house. I get it, I know I can be a little bit hot headed but comparing me to her really did hurt. And you don't even know. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I really wish you hadn't added me on facebook. Because, having read through a handful of your posts and replies to people, and seen some of your photos, what was a tiny "liking you" on my part is now a full-blown crush. A proper-"isn't he only amazing? And funny. And caring. And sexy. And lovely." kinda crush. Even if you do use too many exclamation marks sometimes. How am I meant to look you in the eye and just act normal now?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

I am so sorry baby, I made you a promise two years ago and I have let you down. Your day was a shadow of what it could have been. I cannot forgive myself. All the what ifs are going through my mind. I wish i could go back in time and change everything. I am sorry. I need to prove to myself and to you that I mean to take this seriously and not to ruin our chances. It will be me that ruins everything if I don't cop on now. I am afraid I will fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I sat alone at the weekend waiting for a train and was aware for the first time that I was alone and I wished you were there. I went to the cinema and went to put my head on your shoulder so you could kiss my forehead like you always did and I realised you were not there beside me and you wont be again.

I went to work. I had that brief fleeting moment of 'I can't do this' but I reminded myself to breath and I made it through. The sun was shining for the first time in ages and one of the young clients shot be a big happy smile and I knew in that moment that while it will take forever and will be hell I will eventually be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kitten7

I'd say 'Thank You' to my ex for being such an d*ck so I could appreciate all the good people I have in my life. Live and learn

I don't know if I will ever get over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

To the big spaghetti monster in the sky,

Puhlease let tomorrow go well! I need this job, i have to move out and become a grown up again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

T:
    Im finally ready to let you go. Weve had good times and bad and I spent a large part of my teens with you but looking back it wasnt healthy. Ive always been there for you and its only now that im away that I can see that it wasnt always recipricated. You and c made me feel like im no fun to be around, something im only beginning to realise now. I dont want to harbour bad feelings but I need to move on with my life, and I refuse to let you drag me down. Same goes for C too, I never did anything wrong and im finally realising that those slaggings you were giving me were yer problems not mine. Im a brilliant friend and now I actually have people who appreciate that and want to spend time with me. As I said before,you need me, I dont need you ;)

Me
    This is exciting. Youre finally starting to believe how awesome you are. Not in a superior than others kind of way but and EQUAL to others kind of way. You have far too much going for you to be so negative. Genuinely excited for whats around the corner :0
    Next step is to get comfortable accepting the attention that goes with feeling better about yourself, its okay to say no to people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sweet_Dreams

K,
    I will never understand why things changed between us so drastically. You went from treating me like the most precious thing on earth to having no respect for me at all. I don't know what I ever saw in you. What annoys me most is that I think I still love you, and always will, but I knew in my heart that I had to end things and move on with my life - even though that caused me so much pain. The worst thing is that I can't stop myself from thinking about you, and wondering what it was that I could have done wrong, even though I know I have nothing to feel guilty about. I did nothing but my best for you and your family - but it was never enough. I feel like I am grieving for the person I once knew and felt so happy with. It feels like there is a part of me missing. I wish thing could have been different.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senor Chang

Dear family,

Your constant negative attitude and clear dislike for me have brought me up to be a person who feels worthless, useless and more. Maybe there should be a license to breed because dad, you arent fit. I can only hope Im 100 times better at rearing a confident, happy child than you are. You all scold me for being quiet but make fun of me whenever I say something. And if someones friend is at the door I see them get up to get it, I let them get it because why would I just to open the door and get in the way. I can only say f**k you all, thank you and I cant wait to move out. Im sorry for being so "difficult" but you created it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Dear---

You were a dream for the first nine months. Then drink and drugs took their toll. You threatened me you abused me you called me names and threatened to rape me on the phone. You were constantly getting arrested. You strangled my physically on multiple occasions. You humiliated me you spat on my naked body. You spat in my mouth.

You continued to abuse me until one night you did it. I can't even type or say the word. You abused me in a way a man should NEVER abuse woman I feel sick writing this.

The R word I hate it.

I gave you love I gave you money. I found you a place to live I helped you. You did nothing but wrong. I was innocent and you know what the joke is on you. I KEPT MYSELF. I AM STILL INNOCENT! I AM STILL ME! I am a believer in the goodness of human nature. I believe in happiness and love. I am not bitter nor cruel. I will heal this deep wound. And then there will be no deep wound.

I am smarter now.

I know what I deserve HONOR, KINDNESS, REAL, LOVE and INNOCENCE in my partner. Not someone dry, old and bitter. You are a toxic person and you must live in that darkness. I don't want to live in darkness I want to be love.

I want to forgive you. The light shines on forgiveness.

I win. I am strong I am love I WILL get through this. I will stop despising myself I will stop hurting and punishing myself. I WILL start to treat myself with respect. I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG.

I wish no one ill will.

I will stop being afraid on the streets I will stop being afraid in my bed. I will not be triggered when i touch certain parts of my body now. I am never going to blame myself. I never blamed anyone in the world for what happened. I never demanded sympathy or a helping hand. I never asked for anything. I just kept going.

I now am going to a psychiatrist who is one of the four only people in the world who knows what happened. And now he is helping to learn what I must do to feel normal again. To unlearn the fear. To take the screeching out of my ears. To take away the nightmares and the sense of impending doom. To not recoil when people touch me to not feel like a cornered wild animal.

I am SO STRONG. I will beat this.

And after all this you sent me an email asking for forgiveness. But not in good faith. In manipulation it was all love and smiles and saying you always loved me. How can you call that love.

I wish you no wrong...But I also wish that you do no wrong. Please do no wrong. Please be a better person.

I chose never to take it out on the next person. I have been a female of honor always. I KEPT MYSELF.

I am an independent steel goddess YES I SAID IT GODDESS. Show sincerity and honor I melt show duplicity I see through you.

You cannot fool an honest person who respects themselves. That is what I have learnt.

I have endless love and innocence to give and I deserve the same.

Dear ex I wish you were made with a kind and sweet nature and were not so angry. That is my true wish for you that you do no harm to yourself the world or others.

I kept myself.

I feel pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

K - was weird being in that room today...without you. We were always at our best when the other needed comfort. I felt like half a person today. I miss the old you, where did he go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sweet_Dreams

Why can't I stop myself from wondering if he misses me?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

I'm really struggling here, I wish someone would help.

You've broken my heart for a second time , I'm actually numb. I hate how you're making out it was my fault when you chased me back down , begged for forgiveness and then took it all away again a week later saying you changed your mind again.

I'm falling here. You've broken me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ok so every time talk to you I like you a little bit more.

And I shouldn't because I know how this will go.

Dear Men of the World - if one more of you calls me "ma'am" again, I'm taking prisoners :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

You're what I'm looking for.
    And I can't have you.
    And I couldn't have the last one either, not because he wasn't available, but because I got so lost in my head, swimming in this dream of him, that the reality of actually doing something about it didn't even occur to me. It's like a permanent adolescence or something. Stuck in my teenage dreams.

I'm lonely.
    That's the truth of it.
    And I'm tired of half-dates, half-assed efforts, half-hearted men.
    I'm tired of false starts, I'm tired of fake promises, I'm tired of "sex only" men, I'm tired of feeling like I'm the reason why luck never seems to come my way.

All I want is a good man like you.
    Someone who makes me smile, and laugh, and someone who cares.
    Someone I know will be met with approval by the people who love me; someone who wants to love me.

Why is that so hard?
    Why are all the "you"s I ever meet - and there are so few of you - always out of my reach?

I'm tired, and I'm stressed, and I've had the longest day.
    All I need in this world right now is just a hug, to be wrapped in the arms of someone "safe", someone that isn't out for what he can get, someone who wants to see me as much as I want to see him.

God, this is hard. It's like this impossible dream.
    And I have "so much going for me" apparently.
    I'm pretty.
    I'm smart.
    I'm doing things with my life.
    Going places.
    Making my way, every day, as I always have, on my own merits.

It's just this thing.
    This thing that I would trade so much of what I have for.

I just want the love of a good man.
    Will this ever happen for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

You were always yards ahead of me.
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Work,

Please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job.

I've worked myself stupid since you took me on & still have a lot to get used to and jesus I've never known stress like it but PLEASE GIVE ME THE JOB.

Cheers,

Beks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I've gotten a lucky break

*PLEASEWORKOUT*

So many regrets about you... Hurts that I walked away as if I didn't care (and you never knew the truth)... How am I gonna move on from you? I surely don't know...

I'm not worried I won't find someone to love, I'm worried I simply don't want to try. I am still bound to you.

Wish I knew how to resolve all of this, for myself... and for you.

Closure remains elusive ...and Youtube is hell.

:( damn

Okay, sooo..............if I have to talk with you... please, please be kind.

PLEASE?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

You are such an infuriating moron.

God! I do not understand what got into you this morning.

I asked you would you go to the store to pick up the extended rear facing car seat for our son and you said no. Your reasoning was "because I don't want to". We are planning a weekend away next week and it will be cancelled if you don't go because there is absolutely no way I am bringing him on a 3 hour journey in the seat he has. He is too big/too old for it now.

You claim that it is because I had too much sugar last night and that I was the one who threw a tantrum. You said "I don't want you to do that again". Are you kidding me? It was 2 cans of diet club orange? I don't even know why I am bringing that part up. It is so irrelevant.

I asked you on Monday to get the car seat this week because I knew you would be away for the weekend. You go away every weekend and we need your car to fit it. It is no good me ordering it on line because what if I buy it and it doesn't fit? Then we will be out of pocket for no reason. These car seats are expensive 300- 450 each. You gave me the "silent treatment" which means I don't know where we stand on this issue.

You are going away this weekend and we will have no car seat for the bank holiday. When you come back on monday, we will only have four days left. One day is not available because you go down the country and Thursday we leave.

My decision is this: I will not help you with any of your techie questions until you give me a response to when you are getting the car seat. If you still do not have it by next Thursday we are not going away.

Actually, let me correct that, you are not coming away with M and I. You see, my mother has a car seat properly fitted in her car so my son and I will go to Kinsale with her. And you can spend another weekend at home doing the same old same old...

Your decision.

Dear headache,

PFO.

xPPx

I wish I could give you a big hug and tell you that everything is going to be ok in person. It's so unfair that you even have to go through this, but I have faith that you will get through it and be all the stronger for it. I believe in you. x

• Advertisement

Seriously, can you not listen? You're 20 and you had to be told to cut your toenails, like, are you that lazy? You're going to end up just like him. It's ridiculously difficult to get through to you. It's like you're spaced and sometimes I want to slap you!

Advertisement