Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Grow the f*ck up. The most worthwhile things in life are the things you have to take a chance on, and you're wasting a huge opportunity to have had something really special here. I'm f*cking awesome, it's your loss if you think it's a good idea to not give this a go. I like you, you like me, why are you so damn scared of anything happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I just wished you loved me like everyone thinks you do. I'm tired of feeling dispensable, and having our relationship have a timeline/expectations based on your last relationship.

I'm not her, you say I mean more so why do you keep putting obstacles in the way of our relationship?

Are you afraid of feeling this way because the last person you said those three words to now doesn't speak to you?

I am not her and I wish you'd realise that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Please stop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To the nice guy sitting right next to me... It's been pleasant chatting with you, I sooooo wish I had the courage to give you my number. You seem easy to talk to and you are really very adorable! :o

Oh crumpets! :mad: to my blasted shyness!

...and now you've said goodbye... and (sigh!) waved and said thanks - ugh at myself!
    :( where is your courage, woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ex,

I know I don't love you anymore but I'm always going to wonder why you broke up with me like that. Did you think I wasn't worth a proper face to face explanation? Two years and you couldn't give me that.

New guy,

Are you out there, do you exist? Or is this it? I'm almost happy and comfortable in my own skin, almost. I would love someone to share it with. I am a good girlfriend, I swear.

:o

You,

Why do you start overthinking at this hour of the night, seriously?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you for dropping me after a lifetime of friendship; belly laughs, tears of joy and pain, memories...lots of memories!!
    . Why can't your boyfriend be part of our friendship? Why would you choose, why is there any choice?
    Thank you at least for showing me how much I matter in your life, I'm beyond hurt that you would not want to share such a big part of your life, i love to see you happy, i want to meet him!
    To all the ladies out there, DON'T drop each other for a guy...just don't do it! You will always need your girls in your life.
    Goodbye to the best friend I've ever known, i miss you :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

You, me, sunshine, back rubs, hugs, you brushing my hair out of my eyes, chocolate, giddy laughter, tears streaming down our faces, whispering into your ear and an emotional goodbye at the bus station; what a perfect surprise visit. I miss you already. I love you more than words can wield the matter (for serious). x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I genuinely don't know what you're doing but it's going to end in disaster. Having a baby together as a band-aid for an already failing marriage is the biggest mistake anyone can make. You're not in a happy marriage, you're in a habit and scared of the financial implications. I just hope it doesn't effect the child in a couple of years, because it will be even harder to make the marriage work now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

congratulations on successfully cutting me out of your life in what must be absolute record time for someone after such a long relationship/engagement. You can cut the cr@p about being depressed / unhappy now and the cra@p about none of this being planned.
    In the weeks beforehand you had me worried sick about your mental health and yet just one week after unexpectedly walking out of my life (after almost a decade, on valentines weekend to add insult to injury) you emailed me in a business like manner to sort out finances. One week later and while I was trying to pick myself up off the floor your only concern was how much was left in the joint account / what your half was and how much i owed you for an electricty bill.
    Many people have asked me have I heard from you and have been stunned that the answer is no, only business like emails about financial matters. I deserve a lot better and I only hope I someday find happiness with someone else which will be hard as after this experience I have learned to never trust anyone. I regret worrying so much about you and always wishing so hard that you found a bit of luck and happiness. To be honest now I just hope you have a lonely and miserable life, you deserve it. Either way I wasted enough years giving a damn about you, I'm done.

• Advertisement

You're going to be up weight this week again because you insist on self-sabotaging. Cop the fcuk on. What the heck is that even about? You've just lost the motivation completely.

I told you 6 months ago that he was cheating on you, I gave you names and dates - proof! And now you're engaged. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.
    Stop telling me how amazing he is, he's a cheat. Stop telling me he is buying a house for you both - he will move into the one that you have bought and paid for yourself. Stop telling me he has plans to bring you on an amazing holiday - YOU are the one who has always paid. I know all of this, and your lies are making me resent you.
    I honestly don't want to be your friend any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Dear Tonsils,

Please leave me alone this week, I have stuff to do!

Regards,

Ilyana.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear B,
    A year ago today I met you, fast forward a year and you are a thousand miles away, I do miss you at times and its always in the back of my mind what could have been? I think of you a lot, I especially will tonight but I realize it was never going to be what I wanted, I wish you the bet though, I really do.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dear body,

Please stop having allergic reactions to unknown things. I haven't touched any dairy products, so why the fcuk are you having an allergic reaction!?

Please cop on and make these hives go away. I would like to look nice on Tuesday, not like a freak with lumps all over her body and face.

Thank you. :mad:

I know they say that people change, but some change because they want to; I didn’t want to. This made me.

‘This made me’. Did it? Did it make me become who I am now? Was I so mould-able that it was so easy to change the very essence of who I was, and leave in its place this nothingness of regret?

Was it me? I have asked myself that so many times. I remember exactly what I was wearing. The polka dot spaghetti strap dress and the black leggings with pumps – a light scarf for style and not for heat. I lost it that night, the scarf. It was my favourite one.

Was it the way I said ‘no’? Did I say it in a way that made you think I didn’t mean it? I’ve asked myself that too. As if to somehow make myself believe this didn’t happen, that no-one could be so inhumane…that no-one could do this to another human being with intention. Maybe you didn’t hear me? Either of you? Maybe you didn’t hear me the first time, or the second, or the 10th. Maybe you didn’t feel my hands pushing you away when you held me down, maybe you didn’t see the tears rolling down my cheeks, maybe you didn’t hear me scream. Well you know what, maybe you didn’t, because maybe none of that mattered to you; maybe all the mattered to you – was you.

I’ll never understand it. You could have waited to find someone. You could have been nice to a girl, you could have waited until you found a girl who liked you. Why did it have to be me? I didn’t like you. I didn’t want you. But you wanted me – so you thought that made it okay? It didn’t. It wasn’t okay. It wasn’t.

I can never get away from you. Do you understand that? Do you know what you’ve done to me? You were inside of me, I can never ever change that. I can never rid myself of that. I can never rid myself of you. I can never rid myself of what I was to you - nothing.

God I wish that you had just thought for one minute about that, I wish that you had thought about me. I wish you had seen me as a person; I wish you had known how much I’d gone through already and how much I really couldn’t deal with this on top of all of that. I wish you knew that you were breaking someone who was already broken.

I’ll never forgive you. They say forgiveness cures the heart and unburdens the soul but god how could I ever tell you that it was okay? How could I ever not hate you for what you’ve done. I’d love to say that I wish that I could forgive, but I don’t wish for that at all. I only wish to hate you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭rey8px2m7altcs

Dear Parents,

I love you but I don't like you. You two are separate now and you dragged me through it all. The older I get the more I see your faults. No matter how much you hurt and manipulate me I will love you anyway. I hurts me beyond measure.

T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Dear mr ex
    No means no!!! Just because you wanted to does not mean I wanted to.
    N
    Dear me.
    You are better than this. It's finally time to start moving on n stop sabotaging yourself. The time is now to start the road to recovery!!! Work on yourself!! You are not who you used to be! Try and find that happy go lucky person again . The person who didn't worry about anything and everything .
    Just get out and start enjoying life!!!!
    There's so much good around you, start focusing on that and stop dwelling on the negatives!!!!!!!
    Get up off your arse and start smelling the roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Life: .........c'mon now! :mad: seriously not helping! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

E,

You lead everyone to believe you are perfect. You are far from perfect.
    Cheating on your fiancee is not cool!

M,
    You are so annoying and never know when to shut up, there is a reason I never want to visit! Oh and CLOSE THE BLOODY door when you go to the toilet! It's gross.

• Advertisement

You're going to be up weight this week again because you insist on self-sabotaging. Cop the fcuk on. What the heck is that even about? You've just lost the motivation completely.

Yep. You're out of control.

COP. THE. F*CK. ON!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Dear Mr. Prospective Landlord,

Please pick us, pleeeease! We've fallen in love with an apartment.

Regards,

Ann

PS. PLLLLEEEEEASSSSE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

G,

We had a rough few weeks a month and a half ago. I didn't know if we'd stay together through it.

I'm so glad we did, though. Things feel amazing now, and every time I'm around you, all I feel is happiness.

I'm nervous as hell about meeting your friends and family on Saturday. You know how shy I am. :o but I know with you next to me, I'll be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Dear Life,
    I know I've not been exactly meeting my end of the bargain but come on, you've got to meet me some of the way at least. Just a tiny bit. The rest I can do myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Dear Mr. Prospective Landlord,

Please pick us, pleeeease! We've fallen in love with an apartment.

Regards,

Ann

PS. PLLLLEEEEEASSSSE!

Dang. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ben911

Robert,

I still remember the day when I told you I was pregnant and you complaint that you lost 30000 Euro as a result. And the day you threw all the bills into my face when my maternity pay was up and told me that you would not take care of anything and I needed to sort myself out. All I wanted was to stay with our little baby, I was so scared but you did not care.

I also remember the day you bought Sasha and two months later I had to give her away as you did not want to take care of the dog and not to be seen giving her away yourself, you coward. It hurt so much what you have done with her, Andy, Marley and Holly, you just deserted them like throwing a pair of old shoes away.

You made so many promises but you never intended to keep them. You promised to marry me and then took it back a couple of months later as you could not find the money.
    When I lost our second baby, you just shut your door and locked yourself into the room and you never held me at all and I was so lonely. I was crying and hurting so much and you told me coldly to get on with my life.
    Where were you then? Where were you when there was no food in the house for a week and you just ignored me and told me that was my business. And the day when I told you I really had to lie down with the baby because I was not feeling well and you shouted at me to come down and clean the kitchen instead.

I also remember December when I rang the hospital to check if you were ok and something had happened on your way from work as I could not get you on the phone, little did I know you were sleeping around with your "volunteer" worker, who is less than half your age. No wonder you preferred to stay in your mums for over a month, you liar.

I also remember the shock you gave me and the worry I had for months, when you told me that you had to go to visit prostitutes and this had all been my fault ?!

And worst you let our lovely little boy down. I still remember that day in January when you threw us out of the house in the middle of the night, when you pushed me down on the floor and hurt me and when our boy screamed his eyes out. And for what? So that you could do up the house before your lover moved in with you, you did not care about where your family was going, you selfish and lowlife person.

I also well remember the spit in my face and your lies, do you think it is fair to humiliate the person who has been by your side for such a long time like this? Do you think a bit of decency would have been appropriate? Do you have any bit of kindness left in your body?

I am not crying after you. I am happy to be away from you and away from living the life of hell on earth. What annoys me is that you put yourself up on Tv and Facebook as if you were the kindest person on the planet for humans and pets and those reporters and others actually believe you.

Well Robert, my parting words are that your actions rather than your words count and you have a lot of catching up to do on the good deeds. But I will no longer be there to help, you are on your own now- forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I just dont know what to say. I have travelled 200 miles approximately today, you knew I was coming down & said you wanted to meet me. Yet I have texted you twice & you cant even be bothered to text me back. Oh I checked that ***** profile out, & one thing I will say is that if you so much as touch her you will never lay one finger on me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Dear Boardsies.....

I would like to give you all a laugh by telling you my trousers ripped right in the crotch area in work and now im afraid to leave my desk for fear of indecent exposure......

G,

I can't believe it has been 10 years today since I lost you. Time has gone so fast but slow, and things have changed so much.

It's not nice to think back about how I felt this day 10 years ago when I was told you were gone. It was the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I still think of you all of the time, and keep you so close to my heart.

Love you always x x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

You're my downfall,
    You're my muse,
    My worst distraction,
    My rhythm and blues

Advertisement