Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Dear Me,
    So it took you all of this time but you've finally woken up. It was only when you lost something you wanted so much, that you realised how much you've thrown away in life. And how do you feel? Angry... really f.....g angry, not with the world, not with anybody in it, not with anything or anybody except yourself. This is intense but focused anger. Good. Now stay that way. Stay angry with yourself until you've cleared all that sh.. out of the way and gotten yourself on track, finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 SirCreepalot

You left when I needed you the most you vile excuse for a human being. I have never met anyone more selfish and I hope to god I never have the misfortune to meet someone like you again. You're a coward. A sad, shallow shell of a man.

I hope you're attacked by the fleas of a thousand camels and your arms grow too short to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I arrived into a Boots pharmacy yesterday to collect a prescription (for something entirely unrelated.) I had my ten-week-old baby with me. I was shaking and sweating, could barely talk, and was basically a mess.

The pharmacist, an absolutely lovely lady, brought me into a side room and calmed me down. She asked had I eaten that day - I realised I hadn't - she brought me chocolate and Lucozade (in case my blood sugar was low) and a bottle of water. She kept me in there for ages, and took my blood pressure, and as it was very high, I think 170 over 120 or similar, she brought me and my baby to a nearby doctors to get checked out. She even minded my baby outside in the waiting room while I was in with the doctor. And she was so lovely the whole time, and didn't make me feel like I was putting her out at all (even though I'm sure she'd a million and one other things to be doing in a very busy pharmacy on a Friday afternoon!)

I will send her a thank you card, of course, and I thanked her profusely at the time. But I was just amazed at how lovely she was, talk about going above and beyond what your job entails, it meant the world to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

I miss you so much. the past 5+ months without having u to talk has been tough and I really thought that before you went abroad that you would have said bye at least! Ive known you for over 5 years and its like it meant nothing to you in the end. I would have done anything for you and all I wanted to do was help at the end of the day!
    I hope that we do talk again in the future but i think after this, it wont ever be the way it was before
    will always love you S x

Id love someone to hug/hug me, right now.

To those of you who have a loved one/s to hug you, dont ever take that for granted.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I arrived into a Boots pharmacy yesterday to collect a prescription (for something entirely unrelated.) I had my ten-week-old baby with me. I was shaking and sweating, could barely talk, and was basically a mess.

The pharmacist, an absolutely lovely lady, brought me into a side room and calmed me down. She asked had I eaten that day - I realised I hadn't - she brought me chocolate and Lucozade (in case my blood sugar was low) and a bottle of water. She kept me in there for ages, and took my blood pressure, and as it was very high, I think 170 over 120 or similar, she brought me and my baby to a nearby doctors to get checked out. She even minded my baby outside in the waiting room while I was in with the doctor. And she was so lovely the whole time, and didn't make me feel like I was putting her out at all (even though I'm sure she'd a million and one other things to be doing in a very busy pharmacy on a Friday afternoon!)

I will send her a thank you card, of course, and I thanked her profusely at the time. But I was just amazed at how lovely she was, talk about going above and beyond what your job entails, it meant the world to me.

What a wonderful person. Its acts like this that restore your faith in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

Dear Husband
    I know these past few months have been an absolute pain.I can't do a thing round the house and I'm half doped on these meds,so I just want to say-Thank you.
    For cleaning the house,for the hoovering(even in the corners),folding clothes,driving me everywhere,taking time off work for my appointments and the hundred other little things you've done.
    We've always split the housework but you've done WAY more than your share lately-you're a pet.
    And thanks for the wine tonight,it's lovely
    XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Why don't you love me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

G,

We had a rough few weeks a month and a half ago. I didn't know if we'd stay together through it.

I'm so glad we did, though. Things feel amazing now, and every time I'm around you, all I feel is happiness.

I'm nervous as hell about meeting your friends and family on Saturday. You know how shy I am. :o but I know with you next to me, I'll be fine. :)

I'm so happy they liked me. :) you put me completely at ease. I can't usually talk to people I don't know, but you and they made me really comfortable. Thank you, and thank you to your lovely friends. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

To myself,

Ye it's your birthday today and you are spending it all alone but chin up, everyone is texting to wish you a happy birthday and you can treat yourself to something yummy for dinner later :D

Oh and you little ba$tard of a grey hair that I saw this morning ... please go away! :eek::(

Indian .... mmmmmm! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Dear kingtut,

Happy Birthday :)

From,
    woodchuck

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I can't believe I let myself get caught up in everything so fast. You whisked me up off my feet in a whirlwind. My heart was saying yes, my head was saying no. I knew I should have listened to my gut feeling but you kept chipping away until you had me right where you wanted me. How did we go from "I love you" to barely talking in the space of a few days? I can't believe I was so naive. The one time I let my guard down and allow you to take the bricks away from the walls I've built and it all comes to bite me in the ass. I feel so stupid for letting myself believe you. Just when I thought things were looking up and I might have found something magical, you pulled the rug right from under. I can't believe I let you play me so hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

woodchuck wrote: »
    Dear kingtut,

Happy Birthday :)

From,
    woodchuck

By the way, how much wood does a woodchuck actually chuck ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

beks101 wrote: »
    Work,

Please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job.

I've worked myself stupid since you took me on & still have a lot to get used to and jesus I've never known stress like it but PLEASE GIVE ME THE JOB.

Cheers,

Beks

24 hours notice for a second round interview.
    Hey Brain - quit slacking out on me. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU ALREADY ARE DOING IT!!!
    Hey A - please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

beks101 wrote: »
    24 hours notice for a second round interview.
    Hey Brain - quit slacking out on me. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU ALREADY ARE DOING IT!!!
    Hey A - please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job please give me the job....

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

kingtut wrote: »

By the way, how much wood does a woodchuck actually chuck ?

johann_woodchuck.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

G,

K was telling me about her friend, who is thinking about breaking up with her boyfriend of 3 years because she's young, in college, and wants to experience being able to go out to a club and kiss/go home with a random guy if she feels like it.
    It got me thinking. I was 17 when we got together, yet I've never wanted that. I've thought about it, sure, but I have never reached the conclusion that K's friend has.

I only want you. Some people would say that I'm missing out on a big part of college life - I am in my hat. What we have is indescribable. I'd never trade it for the chance to shift or have sex with strangers from clubs. Maybe if we'd never have met, that's what I'd be into.
    But I'm not. I am not missing out on a thing. I have everything I need.

R.

ps: oh and by the way, you are nigh on the sexiest thing ever when you've a wee bit of 5 o clock shadow going on. :o

Dear Me,
    You can do this!!! Get this PhD thesis finished and MOVE ON! Get off boards.ie, get off the internet and write Chapter 2 NOW!!!!! You want the nice things, you have to work hard.
    S

Dear Himself,
    Your an angel and so amazing over the last few weeks. I'm so happy we have moved in together (at last!) and I'm delighted that it has been wonderful and drama free. I know I expect a lot from you but I'm eternally grateful that you've done way more than the fair share, even though I don't say it. I expect too much as opposed to being grateful for what I have and I need to stop. It's not a nice trait.
    S

Dear Mam,
    Thanks for everything. I know you worry so much about me but you don't need to. Your amazing and I don't appreciate you or tell you enough.
    S

Dear Health,
    Cop the F on. I'm so sick of being sick. Please get better soon so I can feel better.
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dear Great Gods of Academia,

Please please PLEASE let me get one of these PhDs, I've worked so hard and I want this so much. I'm really good at what I do, please give me this chance. This is my dream, please let it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

You are a dickhead.
    You always were a dickhead and you'll always be a dickhead.
    You wrap your dickheadishness up in this arrogant, "I'm just honest" cock-and-bull story that you think legitimises hurting people, and being a prick, and keeping anyone from seeing just how cold and callous you are.

A few weeks was all it took. A few fcuking weeks for you to disregard everything you once claimed was truth, about how you felt, about how you wanted to see me again, about how wonderful I was, about how it was so great to be so close by at last, after all our transatlantic texts and calls and Skypes and what I foolishly thought was "getting to know you".

I never knew you. I never knew about this ex. I never knew that this move back to this side of the world was more than likely inspired by her.

How dare you? How dare you turn the tables on me, like I'm the problem here. I'm the asshole for wanting to know where it all changed. I'm the prick for asking the questions and then getting upset when I hear the answers.

God you've hurt me. And I didn't think I could be hurt again. Not this soon. I thought I was privy to the warning signs. The emotional unavailability. The lack of commitment to even a time for our first date. The "straight talking", the lack of compliments, the pulling me up on things I've said absent-mindedly or in jest, the dismissal or belittling of my feelings.

I got sucked into you.

God I must be damaged, broken, some sorry mess of a woman to have believed in you.

God I must have been some sort of mass murderer in some past life to be worthy of this shower of b@stards that keep coming my way.

God I must be clinically insane to still believe that there's something better out there; there's someone I can learn to trust without having to sleep with one eye open in anticipation of the next knock to my self-esteem, to my heart, to my soul.

Why can't I catch a break?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear letting agent,

Please pick us for the house! Ive totally fallen in love with it and we both really want it.

Please ease please ring me with a yes tomorrow... Please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Don't tell me I'm insecure.

I don't want to be told that.

I'm fcuking working on it.

Throwing it in my face like that just makes it worse.

Cheers for that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dear Dad,
    Don't you dare get stroppy with me when I say I "don't know" about coming down to visit you. You know fully well how stressed I get around you so you have no right whatsoever to make me feel guilty. I know you're turning 60 this year and you're probably feeling sentimental in your dotage but you've made your bed and you're lying in it. It's too late for apologies and the damage you've done in the past has made me very wary of getting close to you.
    I will not be guilt-tripped into visiting you just because you suddenly grew a conscience.

Dear brother,
    Stop calling me a crybaby and telling me to get over myself when it comes to the issue of our father.
    I don't know how YOU put up with the gob****e but I can't bring myself to forgive him so stop telling me to get over it. I'm not normally one to hold a grudge but you know as well as I do that the man is an outright asshole who seems to revel in his abject misery so forgive me if I don't feel like putting myself in a situation where I have to endure his company for 3 days.
    I deserve better than that and I won't bow to any pressure either of you put on me.

So this is it. Finally it seems we’ve cut all ties.

How did we get here? How did we manage to get so far away from the people we once were and the life we once had – together. How did we lose each other?

The thing is, we both know how. I think that’s why I knew eventually it would come to this. We tried the friends thing but yet we barely spoke and the undercurrent of what could have been forever, began to sweep us off our feet – but for all of the wrong reasons this time.

When I think back to my time with you it feels like a different life. It’s funny because upon my previous reflections my therapist told me I described it as ideal…I looked back on that time as one where I was happy; where we were happy, but we both know that’s not true. I think that was because of all that’s happened to me since then, I look back on everything ‘before’ as so much better than the ‘now’ I’m struggling in. It only took one argument with you to remind me of how we were, to shatter the illusion of the happiness we shared and shine a light upon the cracks that filled our hearts and tore our souls..apart.

It was a time before I knew what depression was; before I knew what it felt like to want to die. But it was a time when those feelings took over your life. I tried to understand. I stood by you when you lashed out at me; the nights you cancelled dates because you couldn’t make it out the door; the nights you told me you had locked yourself in your room to stop yourself jumping into the canal; the weeks on end when you couldn’t stand to be around me, or anyone; the months on end when you would barely let me touch you because of how much you hated yourself. It got to the point where I’d be so happy when you even let me hug you. I was so attracted to you, I wanted you and I loved you so, so much – but it was so hard at times, especially over those few months, when it felt like you just didn’t want me.

The first time we broke up it was only for a week, that was when you first told me about your eating disorder; you’d told me about the depression and anxiety a few months before. I’ll never forget that night, I’ll never forget getting that text from you and waiting for the second and third parts of it to come through; getting in a taxi to get to you as quickly as I could…just to hold you in my arms. You cried that night. I’d never seen you cry like that before and it tore me up inside, you told me you didn’t deserve me, that you’d only hurt me – that you wanted to die. But that you loved me so much you didn’t know what to do. I sat with you with your head on my chest, stroking your hair, and I told you I loved you over and over again hoping that somehow it would take the pain away. I told you I wasn’t going anywhere, ever And I didn’t. Remember? Months later, you were the one who made that decision for me.

And so yes, there were bad times. But I still remember the good. I remember the times when we were so wrapped up in each other that the whole world just felt irrelevant. I remember the way we pre-empted at each others jokes just from seeing the smirks on our faces, I remember the card you made me and the little presents we got for each other that meant more than a flashy gesture ever could. I remember that we ‘got’ each other and I remember the way ‘I love you’ felt so weak a phrase for the way I felt about you.

The break up was horrible, but a few months later we started talking again, we became friends and you got treatment for your issues. It turns out there was a whole lot more going on and when you got diagnosed, it seemed to help you understand yourself a little more. You started to get better. But the worst part about that was that you’d told me you’d come back to me – you told me you’d get better for me. Yet when you did, I was the person who reminded you of all the pain…not the person you once loved.

A lot happened then, I moved away, you eventually met someone else, I went through a tough time and our roles became reversed. The night I went through hell, you were the person who got me through; you were the person who kept me alive for those few weeks til I came home. You were the person who could understand…you ‘got’ me again, but for different reasons this time. I’ll be eternally grateful to you for that, you convinced me to fight to live when I felt like I was already dead.

Then, you got married, and I was so incredibly happy for you. I looked at you and thought if you could get through all of the ****, then maybe I could too. That said, we floated further and further apart until our lives simply didn’t overlap anymore – I knew you from a distance, but I didn’t ‘know’ you anymore. That was okay, though, we had to move on. I couldn’t lean on you forever, just as before you had decided you couldn’t keep leaning on me.

I always knew we would eventually lose each other completely. I think I even made it happen, knowing that it would. I never meant to hurt you or judge you with that text, but when you lied to me about your breakup there was only so long I could keep up the pretence of not knowing. I figured you had your reasons and I wasn’t going to question why you lied, but that night was a bad night for me – I was in a really bad place and I just sent it without thinking. You got defensive as I knew you would and it ended with us ending – I doubt I’ll ever hear from you again.

That’s okay though, because we needed an ending, and it was never going to be a happy one – the most we could hope for was one that didn’t cause too much pain. If I'm honest with myself, you probably haven't thought much about it at all.

But I want to thank you, for coming into my life and for filling it with colour - even for a little while. Now that I understand depression and now that I deal with my own mental health issues, I understand why things went the way they did. Much as I tried to understand before, living it is a different story. Thank you for sharing the ‘ups’ with me and for trying to protect me from the downs...thank you for caring enough to let me go.

You’ll always be in my heart

and I’ll always be the girl who once held your hand.

I was in a waiting room the other day, full of mums and new babies. Most of the babies were miraculously quiet, including my own.

One woman was feeding her tiny little girl, and the girl was in hysterics, screaming and crying, and wouldn't calm down no matter what the mum tried. And I could recognise myself in the mother's eyes - how she was looking around at all the other mothers who seemed to be doing it "right", she just looked so exhausted and frustrated and utterly helpless.

I'd have loved to have said to her that, no matter how good and quiet and well-behaved all the other babies seemed on that day - believe me, we've all had our moments, we've all been in your position several times. This will pass. :)

I was the mammy sitting across from you giving you sympathetic supportive smiles ... hope it came across that way, and not like I was some creepy weirdo! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

A - It's upsetting knowing that drink is more important to you than meeting up for a catch up.

E - you are the most selfless person I know. I'm delighted you're my sister. Hopefully in the summer I can afford a nice paper anniversary present for you and D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Get out of my head :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Please get off my back. I am constantly tired from trying to juggle college and all its coursework, the 2 hour commute, working weekends, writing for a website, a long distance relationship, and some semblance of a social life. I'm doing the best I can with what little time I have. And all things considered, it's a miracle that I'm still getting decent grades, and that I'm still keeping my sh!t together.

Do not tell me that, by taking one day off, that I am throwing this away. I'd like to see you try this out for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Hey Oz, I just heard the bad news... Had I known the last time I talked with you would be the last time I saw you, I woulda said a whole lot more. I hope you know how much I appreciate you and what a great guy you are. I wish you the greatest life imaginable! I know what you were doing here was important to you, and I must say you were brilliant at it - I mean it, you made such a difference in my life at a difficult time. Thanks for the sacrifice you made to be here and your warm heart. I hope whatever crisis took you home...eases. You are an awesome man at such a young age. I admire you tremendously. Cheers you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You are the most rude, irritating person I've ever met and I wish you'd have some manners and stop letting yourself into our house.

Advertisement