Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

To me: Do it this time and stick to your guns.

To God or whoever: help me get through the next month, then the next month and then the next month.

To N: please don't contact me. I don't think im strong enough to say no. Please leave me alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dad,

I see so much of you in me. Especially as I get older. Your introspective nature. How unassuming you are. Your tendency to shy from attention and credit, even though you deserve more than you could ever know. Your under-the-radar sense of doing the right thing, of caring, of loving, of always being there. Your tendency to step back and retreat during times of hardship and emotional pain. Your intelligence, your thirst for knowledge.

The best parts of me come from you. And I relish the physical signs - the sallow skin tone, the dark hair, the nose, the straight teeth. I love being your daughter and I love you endlessly.

Happy Father's Day.

Your Bexers x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So.... let's get the facts together:

In the past 2 weeks, you've told me "what's wrong with your face" "jesus what's wrong you look ill" "what sort of make up are you using because it's making you look sick" "yeah you should change that make up cos it's not doing you any favours"
    The same make up I've been wearing for the last year thanks a mill for the "constructive" information.

Then on Saturday you proceeded to tell me that it is "disappointing" that I was wearing a padded bra since I'm lacking big boobs. Disappointing? Have a look at your own face woman!! Ps... your son doesnt seem to mind ;)

Then you proceeded, after the above wonderful, enlightening comment to tell my OH that - he's going bald, and he needs to lose weight. And also berated me for "allowing" him to eat how he does... WHAT!!! He's a grown man FFS! The umbilical cord was removed YEARS ago you absolute nutjob. Calm your tit's down every once in a while, you might feel the affects of not being a cnut are actually liberating and quite stress free!

THEN you tell me - "your hairs nice, but dont get any more highlights cos they dont suit you" thanks... feel great about myself now...

THEN you tell me - "Why are you growing your hair? It's not nice like that" cheers! Feel even BETTER about myself now, with my sh!t make up, my sh!t hair, my small boobs, my bald, overweight OH.

Life doesnt get much better does it D???

I just dont know how to deal with you?

In a wonderful rosy posy rainbows and sunshine world I would tell you to FCUK OFF. But unfortunately this is the real world so I have to play nicey nicey with you which is probably harder to do than climb Mount Everest...

When you made the first comment about my make up, you knew I was p!ssed off. And you actually got ratty WITH ME, for sticking up for myself and telling you that yes, actually I would appreciate if you didnt come out with those comments cos they are actually a liiiiiiiitttttlle bit insulting!!! Being an insecure woman, you know D, it would be nice for once to actually not hear you shred my image to bits just because it's not what YOU would do.

Fcuk what YOU would do, the absolute hack of you and your personality. I would rather look like the elephant man and be a nice sound person, than have even a touch of your persona and characteristics.

You exhaust me. I go out of my way to avoid you. If I never had dealings with you again, I'd be happier than a pig in sh!te.

I may have an unstable Mother, but she is more sane then you will ever be. I wouldnt change my Mother for anything, I'm thankful everyday for her, because she's not YOU. I'm blessed I really am. If you had a daughter, honestly I would send condolences to her, you are so controlling, manipulative and childish, I'd say you would have made her life hell.

You're 60+ sit back, with your slippers and Murder She Wrote programs and leave me and my OH to run our lives how WE want!

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I'm really really not looking forward to work tomorrow! I just need one stress free week and i'll be back to normal but your hell bent on not giving it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To my guardian angels, wherever they are (some on boards) and to whatever power exists to help us along our lifes journey... Thanks for all the support and the surprising, good things you dropped in my path this month. I am entirely grateful (and kinda stunned). :o:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear employers

HIRE ME!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I was really scared telling you that my doctor wants to put me back on meds for 9 months. I was scared of your reaction because nobody has ever been nice about it before, bar my family.

I shouldn't have worried. Telling me you'd do anything possible to support me and be here for me is the absolute nicest thing you've ever said to me. You have no idea how lucky I feel having you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

I'm hungover and fragile and haven't heard from you in days.
    I know I've only known you a few weeks but I felt something different with you for a second. I felt something real. I felt you wanted parts of me that most other guys didn't.
    And now I'm lying on my bed feeling like death and willing you to text and turn my day around. One simple text and all of this self-inflicted misery would disperse.
    But I know you won't.
    I'm so tired of putting myself through this.
    Guy after guy.
    I just want someone to want more from me than "fun".
    Because this isn't fun anymore.
    This hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I don't think you realise how your texts come across. You seem almost angry in your responses, and I don't know what to say anymore.
    We were good friends once, I think that is gone now. It happens I know.
    Friendships can't be maintained when they become one-sided I've learned that too, in the past.
    I wish you well, but when this passes, (what is going on for me right now), I can't see myself rushing to take things up again, or confide in you. That's life, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I miss you. You said you love me and kissed me goodbye. Why leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I know I messed things up I forgot you were having your last chemo session the day my dad starting his first treatment. It wasnt intentional. I have apologised I don't know what else to do. So hurt over this can't believe you can just cut someone out of your life like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I know you are in a lot of pain and the nurse says you are going to pass soon but I wish you could stay... Am going to miss you and I love you so much.xx

God, please don't put her through anymore pain and after you take her can you please leave my family alone, we have had enough loss in the last two years and my heart can't take anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Please get out of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

There's something missing. I'm finally feeling somewhat comfortable in my own skin, enough to actually let someone in. Yet, I feel as if there will always be that something missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

JillyQ wrote: »
    I know I messed things up I forgot you were having your last chemo session the day my dad starting his first treatment. It wasnt intentional. I have apologised I don't know what else to do. So hurt over this can't believe you can just cut someone out of your life like this.

Thanks for replying &; letting me know whats going on. I do appreciate it.

Dear Social Anxiety, I would appreciate it if you would silence yourself for the next few days, if we have a repeat performance of what happened today I will not be a happy camper. I would like to slip away from this conference with some modicum of dignity... Sooooo, thanks for todays humiliation :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Dear Commuters,

I am eight months pregnant. I look eight months pregnant. I see all of your faces, the same faces, every day for the same journey, and you see me. Normally I don't bother anyone and I stay near the doors because, y'know, I'm pregnant but I'm ok and nine journeys out of ten I feel good. But today I walked right into the seat aisle because I'm sore and my baby is big and heavy and it's really, really uncomfortable to stand for any length of time. I have low blood pressure too so fainting and whatnot. You looked me in the eye, looked at my bump and looked down. Not one of you felt the compulsion to get up and give a heavily eight month pregnant woman a seat for the 20 minute journey into town. It was embarrassing and humiliating. Don't worry, I'll stay by the door from here on in. Maybe I'm asking too much to think that manners are still applicable in the modern world, but I'll still teach my daughter to have them and in a few years' time she'll be the first person to give up her seat to anyone who looks like they need it more than her.

Jerrica.

Dear you

I'm all kinds of in love with you, I think I almost was scared to feel it until you said it..but now it's ALL I can feel!

So often I feel so broken, unlovable and absolutely terrified of simply living. But you take that feeling away, every single time you look at me with that cheeky grin on your face; you know the one that says 'I love you, it'll be okay' and 'lets get naked!' all at the one time?!;)

Everything coming up is so new. Things are finally turning a corner, but to be honest..that's terrifying. My career, our future...everything. And normally, that uncertainty would set me back so far that I'd lose myself again to the darkness inside. But not with you, you make me feel as though I can do anything. You're always so calm even in the midst of the worst of storms, and for that I thank you. For that, I love you.

I love you, pretty boy. Thank you for loving me back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Dear nice manager,

Please give me the job, please, I really need this.

I'm scared I'll lose you like I've lost everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I wish I could have spent the summer with you, carefree and boundless, the way things are meant to be. I wish we could travel the world together, a side by side adventure, a leap into the unknown. I wish I could give you some of my time, something I seem to have too much of these days, something that I waste while you treasure yours so carefully. Isn't it funny that I would change so much, and yet so little?

It's been almost a year since we sat by the lake at dusk, under the single most beautiful tree I have ever seen, and you held my hand and we talked about the future. Now seemed so far away then. That was the most intimate moment in my life at that point; you were the perfect person to share it with. I don't think most people see how fragile you are and that's why they fail to handle you with sufficient care. I would give anything, do anything, to shield you from hurt. You commented recently that you could never have seen your life turning out the way it has if you had thought about it a year ago, and that's so true. It just goes to show how far you've come. And I swear to you, I'm so happy for you. I couldn't ask for anything more really.

I just wish things could be different. I wish we could be together. I love you so much. You feel so inevitable to me, even though you're impossible. When I think of happiness, I think of you. My idea of heaven is spending time with you. I wish things could be different, even though I know they can't, even though it's no one's fault. It just feels so unfair, so horribly, awfully unfair that it takes my breath away at times.

"Hey love, we'll get away with it." <3 I hope they play this, and I hope I don't cry on you if they do. But most of all, I hope our hands are covered in cake and we swear we didn't have any ;) because that is us in a nutshell.

We well and truly are the heirs to the glimmering world. X

Dear SA, thanks greatly for going into hiding today :)
    ...not bad, not bad at all... Way to finish strong! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Being in a long distance relationship is so hard and I miss you so much. I can't imagine ever going through this with anyone else but you. I couldn't be happier to have met someone I love and who loves me, respect, caring and everything in between. Who has been through very difficult stuff with me that we overcome together and I never once had the feeling you would run from it. You stuck with me like I never thought I would ever have with someone.

Now it's my turn to help and support you. I know you feel a somewhat relief your mom has passed after such a long battle but I know there is a sadness to it. You loved her and always will. I know how happy you were that I got to go meet her before it happened. Meeting your family was so great and to hear them tell me how much they already knew about me made me feel so loved.

You make me feel loved and words can't describe how amazing the last 1.5 years have been with you in my life.

Thank you,
    Thezappa

M. Please stop playing games, what you did today is just plain mean, and stop trying to turn my family against me. It has got to the stage where I just put up with you. We will never be close again.

Thank god for my wonderful hubby and kids - you make life worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Omg you cheeky b*****d!!!!

How dare you assume you can just show up when you like when you haven't bothered showing your face for the last two months? The time is legally bound in place and will only change if there is agreement. Get off your high horse n follow the rules for gods sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Why can't your brain have a delete function?

I'm ruining so many great days because you keep popping up in my thoughts. We haven't spoken in a while, or seen each other in longer. I'm actively trying to move on, but can't because I keep comparing everyone to you or wishing we were speaking so I could share my success with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You are ridiculously cute. I wish I'd found out your name. <3

To My beautiful darlings thanks for making life sunny even on the darkest days:) To my hubby you make me laugh, you motivate me,you stand by me and I love you so much. xx

Hi Neighbour Down the Path, yer kinda...nice. Thanks for waving and being friendly all the time... I am sorry I haven't made friends with your dog yet... If I were to invite you for dinner and you turned me down that would be quite awkward... So it's up to you to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear allergies,

Can you kindly leave my daughter alone so we can get some sleep and I can stop feeling like a crap mother?

Thanks, you whore. I hate you.

L

Advertisement