Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I was cleaning out stuff the other day and found your t shirt and golf jacket. There were several photos of us in the office. I opened a wallet and a little photo of you was staring back at me.

You know what I felt? Nothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Dear Life..... really??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Dear X,

Thank you for showing me how strong I am. I'm proud to be me.

When I look at you now I feel nothing.

Thanks for giving me my wings back, I feel so free.......and Happy. Really, really Happy.

You dragged me down for so long, and I didn't even know you where doing it. Stop playing the victim, you're anything but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Toronto,

It's so strange being back.
    I feel happy, sad, wistful, nostalgic, high one minute, low the next.
    It's like the last ten months never happened.
    It's like the stress and chaos and uncertainty and exhilaration and pain and joy and revelation of London happened to someone else, and I'm just walking along Spadina, through the chaotic farmers market in Chinatown, up and down the pristine sidewalks along Bloor with the blistering sun in my eyes and Tim Hortons iced capp in my hand as if it's just another day in my Canadian life - the one that was my everything for so many years.

I could be walking towards the CN Tower downtown and into that big proud red building as if it's just another work day.
    And yet it's not.
    My friends are falling in love, and getting married, and buying houses, and getting work promotions and getting on with the business of life without me. And I feel happy and sad and so grateful to have these wonderful people in my life, and yet it hurts so bad that it can never be as it was - that the impossible fact of geography and life will never allow for that.

Oh Toronto how I loved you and hated you. I loved the promise you held, the opportunity, the skyscrapers, the open arms you greeted me with, the sun and the snow. I hated the hardship of being so far from home and feeling it every day. I hated the inevitable isolation. I hated the jokes that fell on deaf ears. I hated ignoring some gut feeling that I should be elsewhere and I hated that I loved so much about you that would always leave me with an inkling of regret.

I hate the dichotomy that exists in my head, when I'm trapped in my London bubble and this old town seems like another planet; and when I'm back on familiar ground and it feels like I'm wearing this wonderful skin again; I'm laughing and the sun is shining and the world is so bright.

I hate that life must go on; and yet I love that I am so lucky and so privileged to be part of that movement - to have forged a new life for myself on the other side of the world.

I hate that I have to miss you and all the fcuking goddamn awesome people you brought into my life every day that I am not here for the rest of my life.

From the bottom of my slightly broken but deeply enriched heart: thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X,

I am not your personal agony aunt, I'm tired of you contacting me and pretending to care with a "how are you" or "any news" to kick start conversation because honestly, what's the point of me answering that? No matter what I say, you'll just launch into your own problem, disregarding anything I say.

The thing is you don't care about me, I'm only someone who listens, whose advice you blatantly disregard because it's not what you want to hear or isn't deemed good enough. I'm not even sure why I'm still friends with you because the entire friendship is one sided. Go find someone else to be your agony aunt because I really don't care anymore.

• Advertisement

I wish something positive would happen.
    Mainly regarding my living situation and love life.
    Love life is on life support.
    I put it to the stars, isnt 5 years single enough? I have learned so much about myself. Its time, life, its time! Im readyyyyyy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Dear life,

Right now would be a really good time for you to let me know you're going to give me a bit of a break any time soon. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all of your ****.

Also:

Dear Lavalamp,

I apologise on behalf of myself to anybody I have treated in that way in my life. I am making a conscious effort to be less one-sided in my friendship related discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

You really are a such a brilliant friend.
    Thanks so much for being there, and being so supportive, and such good fun too. When I think of all that you have been through, and come out the other side, still strong, you are amazing.
    Here's to true friendship, and I hope we have many a laugh together in the future. A friend in need, is truly, a friend indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Dear X,

Though we were young we practically grew up together. However, our time had come to an end. Your trust issues were out of control, I was emotionally drained. Our first "argument" after nearly 3 years led to the break up.

I remember the day, the two of us in your sitting room when we called it quits like it was only yesterday. I was in tears, you were in tears. Both of us hugged it out. As I left your house there was one final hug and outstretched arms until we could no longer reach.
    I thought we both had a good understanding as to why it ended though some stories from the lads you called friends suggested otherwise.

It was just before our final year at school and we were forced to spend time in each others company, just 2 weeks after the break-up. Though, all was good. We spoke, joked, laughed and continued on as normal around each other. Then came another parting time, our last year. Again we spoke, text each other, helped each other with tips/hints/predictions/study, all that goes with the LC, and you continuously suggesting "giving it another go".

Then, within 2 weeks of the LC ending you had a new girlfriend. This lasted 5/6 months when you met someone new in college and eventually started a relationship with this girl. This one lasted 5 months when distance really sparked your trust issues and need for control, and again this ended.

The main point of what I'm trying to say is recently when I bumped into you at my place of work you were out celebrating your birthday with your then girlfriend and friends. We spoke briefly, mainly just your order and a happy birthday from me. I caught various glimpses of yourself and your girlfriend throughout the night that brought back memories but as the night went on it was apparent things were not all that rosy. News followed that this relationship was also over. Having bumped into you that night, seeing you again for the first time in months feelings seemed apparent again, suddenly I found myself interested in what you were up to. Suddenly conversations via social media were started (by you). After 2.5 years apart I find myself back in 2008 with those feelings back, the more I see you, the stronger they are. Despite all the bad that led to the break-up, the problems that were there, the good out-weigh the bad.

My point is, I'm sorry, I miss you and I guess I do still love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Dear little brother

I'm sorry you didn't get that job, but I'm selfishly delighted that it means you have to move back in with the folks until September because it means I get to spend more time with you.

You're such a calm, kind, fun presence to have around; the whole energy of the house and group just changes when you're around and it's great.

I know it makes you uncomfortable when I say it to your face so I'll just say it here: if I had gone through what you went through as a teenager - a long term illness having me in constant pain for years, making me miss a term and a bit of school, and at the age of 14 having one of my best friends kill herself and then having my name and face in the papers and journalists hounding me over it - I would have turned out to be a complete shít of a person. The fact that you turned out such a sweet, funny, easy-going lad without any bitterness or self-pity over the whole thing is literally amazing to me.

I'm so proud to see you becoming a man, living independently, earning your own way and doing what you love in college, but I'm glad to get at least one last month of you living at home to have the craic with! You and me have only gotten closer and closer the older you've gotten and I really hope that trend doesn't stop any time soon. I'll have the dinner ready, the cans in the fridge and the doobies rolled for when you come over to mine later, can't wait kid.

Love your favourite sister (let's be honest, the other one's a bitch :D) xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear J,

Thank you for being a very good friend to me, supportive but not judging me. You've got me through the most difficult time in my life so thank you, I really do appreciative it x

Dear P,

Thank you for making the effort to see me today, not seeing you for 3 weeks has been hard and I really missed you ( as well as being extremely horny!) thank you x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 7zx

Secrets I have held in my heart
    Are harder to hide than I thought
    Maybe I just wanna be yours
    I wanna be yours, I wanna be yo-oh-o-oh-oh-oh-ours
    Wanna be yo-oh-o-oh-oh-oh-ours,
    Wanna be yo-oh-o-oh-oh-oh-ours,
    Wanna be yo-oh-o-oh-oh-oh-ours…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I miss ya like mad you fecker, but it's up to you now to make the effort.

Not gonna lie, it made my week to see you earlier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't know what you're playing at. Honestly. I haven't forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I wish I didn't need you. I wish I didn't want you. Why do you have to be so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RedBell

I love you so much but I regret the day I met you. I passed you every day for almost a year in work, hoping you would notice me. The day you did, I could not believe it, I was unbelievable happy. I could have never imagined back then, how much you would end up hurting me.

From the beginning I tried to keep you happy, I replied to your constant texts to know where I was and what I was doing despite never giving you a reason to doubt me.

I should have left you when I first saw you message another girl and arrange to meet her at night out alone. But I believes your stories because our relationship was at the early stages and I wanted to believe you loved me.

You did so much to show you lived me and I am always grateful for those things, much more than most men would. But that did not give you the right and excuse to treat me as badly as you have done this year.

You can't imagine the mental torture it is to watch the person you love chose another woman over you. When I caught you sending those messages then you should have stopped there but your promises to cut contact were lies. You used your need to keep contact because of your work together as an excuse. You promised me so many times that you would stop contacting her especially when somebody else could handle your work with her, and everything I found out that you were still talking to her, texting her, she was cooking you food.

I feel embarrassed that I begged you to stop and after I caught you every time on a lie, I always gave you another chance. I feel like I can't let go until I know for certain that you were sleeping with her

The biggest insult is how you let her speak about me, and the names you called me to her. It disgusts me that you accused me of being paranoid and made me feel that I was going mental for thinking that you might be talking to her still, when in fact you were.

I can't understand why I am still with you. I can't understand what hold you have over me. I think this is probably an abusive relationship. I don't understand how you managed to convince me to avoid talking to one of my good friends because she does not like how you treated me. Threatening me that you will go to see this other woman if I spend time with my friend. Pushing me.

I can't handle any more. I am drowning and suffocating before you and I don't know how to get free from you. I am
    Incapable of walking away. And most of all I am ashamed that I still love you so much and with all my heart when you treat me like I am worth nothing.

I have begged you to finish with her or if you can't then at least leave me alone. So many times I have found the strength to walk away. Don't bring me back into
    Your life with fake promises of a new beginning, just to hurt me all over again.

I really don't know how much longer I can survive this mental torture. I have lost all joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

B,

Stand up for yourself. Please. For the love of God. Both of you are being used. He acts stupid but really he's a very clever, egotistical, manipulative pr**k. He doesn't give two hoots about anyone but himself. After today it should be the end, this is the last straw. Don't expect me to be nice to him.

You,

Get a grip. Get your willpower back, somehow. Just get back on track. The longer this goes on, the more disappointed in yourself you're going to feel. Just get to goal. It's that simple.

Seriously, if one more of you people give me anymore projects, I am gonna tell you where to put yer well-intentioned assignments. I have the same limited amount of hours in the day and so few tools to complete YOUR tasks.

:mad:

Please, please make some effort. You're being offered olive branches left, right and centre. People are going to stop reaching out at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear god/buddha/ allah/ crazy hippy god- whoever is up there- Please please please please please times infinity.. Let this operation go well tomorrow amd my mam comes out ok!

Was not expecting it to be so soon but fingers crossed it goes ok amd my mam comes out brain tumour free and back to normal crazy woman she is.

Love you mam xx
    Sin

• Advertisement

Naid, good luck to your mam with her brain tumour operation :) brave woman, she. Take it easy if you can, the stress of such can be overwhelming... sending optimistic thoughts that all will go well. Cheers, Kiva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

TommieBoy wrote: »
    Naid, good luck to your mam with her brain tumour operation :) brave woman, she. Take it easy if you can, the stress of such can be overwhelming... sending optimistic thoughts that all will go well. Cheers, Kiva

Thanks hun. Appreciate it x

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Every day I see you at work, 40 hours of sneaking glances, small talk and feverishly hoping you will notice me one day. Everything about you captivates me: your tall, rugged and oh so masculine appearence, your deep voice, the way you carry yourself, your intelligence, cockiness, and humor. I know you don't see me in the same light: when you talk to me it's to tell me how you handled a difficult client, or to show off your knowlegde, but you never ask me anything personal. Yet there are those little moments when I wonder if maybe you do feel something: the look in your eyes when you greet me, when we look at each other at the same time, how we often end up sitting next to one another(which they totally ****ed up this week by giving us a different schedule and I miss sitting next to you) makes me hope that perhaps you're just too professional to get it on with a collegue and just don't want to take the risk.

I really don't dare to ask you out, it would be so awkward if you said no, and I would lose out on one of the few people I actually get along with. I hope that one day you will feel the same and your courage will be greater than mine, and you'll ask me. Rest assured I will say yes a thousand times over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Dear Neighbour/ExBoyfriend/ExFriend,

You have ruined whatever bit of friendship we had left from our relationship by texting another girl while asking me into you bed. Your more than welcome to each other and if she can two time her husband she'll do the same to you.

You don't deserve a friend like me, i was always there for you even if you just wanted to moan - well go moan to someone else from now on.

Sometimes I actually think I would give anything to have the old you back.

I miss them dearly, and I know they wouldn't have treated me like crap. I also know that they would be graduating surrounded by friends and people who wanted group pictures. Now I'm the only person extending the invite to you to get togethers, because all of our friends are disgusted by how you treated/treat me.

I just wonder sometimes, if the person you became had tried to make an effort, would things have ended up this bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

do you really like me as much as you say??

please dont break my heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Dear Backyard Family,

It’s all about you and every single one of you all just think about yourselves. I’m always the one in the family who never can be upset, who always has to be upbeat, and who always has to listen to each of all your woes and the same constant consistent problems that you yet haven’t try alleviate for your own selves nor will you ever. Because you are all broken records and wish for me to become one too and to accept it. I wish you knew how hard I had it this year and wish you knew how much pain you are all adding to it. Why I am not allowed to feel down and out or feel sorry for yourselves like you all consistently do?

You pushed me towards a career that I wasn’t sure of and am just about to embark. You give out to me because I regret it, fear it and am sickly anxious about. Not only this it is something in which I have to move abroad for and probably will have to remain there cos there will never ever be opportunity over here. You batter down any hope of or determination for career change. I’ve always been interested in SEN; yes I might stick with the teaching BUT go down this path but I might even change completely and become an intellectual disability nurse that I have an indescribable desire and appetite to do! I don’t know why you’re so against it – I’m only 23! Because there’s one profound thing that I don’t want to be and that’s like any of you – broken records filled with regret and resentment. How at 23 am I supposed to help 60 year olds sort out their lives? Don’t worry about the money – it’s not as if you’ve been any help with college so far. And if I ever catch you complaining to your friends that you have no money because you had to help me out – I will quickly tell them the truth.

In a few weeks I’ll be moving and leaving the one person who I love behind – bet your glad of that but with sheer determination I won’t let him drop. He’s so special to me; a huge piece of my heart that I’ll never let go!

C.

Dear My Handsome Sir,

God I love you! Your my oxygen and sunshine at the moment. I hope we can make this long distance thing work - I'm sick with fear but I really hope to fast forward this year and I hope our plan of action works so we can shuggle each other on a daily basis.

C. xxxxx

Don't text me if you're not going to reply when I have the decency to text back. It sounds trivial but it's fcuking good manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Dear Sis, yesterday I told you that my 33 year old friend is expecting her first baby and that she is 12 weeks pregnant. Your response was "But she's not married".

Big deal ?!?! Its not 1965.

I am 34 and have a 2 year old son and my partner and I are not married. We have been together 10 years. My friend has been with her partner for 8 years and is the director of a multi-national... Having attended both our other sisters and your expensive weddings and been there for you both throughout your lengthy divorces, I have to say I am really not sure what benefit a piece of paper brings to a relationship and the family.

I think you need to re-evaluate your perception...

Sheesh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭catonthewire

Dear ******

Yesterday, I took our ring of my finger and placed it in the attic with the rest of the memories....

I got my closure, the day you forgot that , yes love may not last, but respect should last forever...

Advertisement