Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Do you think I care when you tell me all about the stuff you've just cooked? no. i dont. but I don't react the way you just have to me. if something has pissed you off don't pass it on!
    feck sake that shouldn't have bothered me..i hate getting annoyed by stupid people/ little things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M

I hope to god your not drunk, what you have text me I want to believe it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Dear world,

If you could just quit with what appears to be a personal vendetta against me, that'd be great. I'd settle for even 24 hours of peace. Or even pick one person in my life to not hurt so that I don't need to worry.

Thanks in advance!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear old job,

Most of the time I don't know how the hell or why the fcuk I bother with you.

The endless shifts, the 60-hour weeks, the constant irate yelling down the phone, the walking-on-egg-shells around various different egos; tireless, thankless scrambling at the news desk when a story breaks and juggling forty different 'urgent' requests between 90 different shows across a never-ending network.

The sitting at home after another fourteen hour shift and yet another cancelled dinner date, staring at the wall, zombified, in a trance, knackered into numbness. An angry boyfriend, disappointed friends, a family I haven't contacted in a week, but a job well done. What's it really worth?

Last night during a rare moment of lull at the desk I sat and stared up at the many monitors of live feeds from across the world that circle the newsroom. I watch them every day, jumping from one screen to the next, hawk-eyeing with a producer's eye for whatever it is I need to see.

But this time, I watched them.

I watched as the team, my colleagues, the people I chat to about my weekend and go for coffee runs with, scrambled out of that make-shift office with heavy equipment on their backs and across 100 metres to their hotel in the heart of Gaza city. I watched the explosions going off at increasing speed in the background and Israeli flares lighting up the midnight sky behind them.

I watched as they cursed and swore and the picture flickered to and from black as they dipped in and out of coverage; I watched as they shifted the camera into position and focused in on an apocalyptic skyline riddled with burning fires. I watched their faces; I saw some sort of unspoken fear. I heard that trembling voice on the end of the line when I called in for a routine check; "we're ok"; when nothing was ok.

Not a single thing was ok, actually, because the world is fcuked. Nothing was ok because getting through that night was uncertain, not just for my friends but for that entire population; and here I was, with a bird's eye view. Nothing was ok, except for the fact that they were still there and we were here to help them, to work with them, to exchange information, to get them through the zealous and endless demands of this network that would play some part in showing the world something that they so desperately needed to see.

And I forgot about my own personal pain for a few minutes. I forgot about the ****ty week I'd had and the disappointment that had left me feeling empty and nauseous for days right up to that point. Because I knew I'd live. I knew I'd walk outside the office, sit into a taxi and drive through a safe, silent city before climbing into a warm and toasty bed. I'd wake up and go for a run in the sunshine; grab a takeaway latte; call a friend. These things I knew.

And I realized that these are the moments that keep me here. The perspective on how fortunate, how blessed, how gloriously free I am. The pride and humility in being involved in something that's bigger than me; that allows me to shed my own problems for a few hours every day. The quiet introspection that accompanies a pretty harrowing task at the desk, sieving through 'warzone' footage, ordering 'riot' equipment. Telling my colleagues over a crackling phone line that they need to leave their positions and run, because it's going to be an unspeakably dangerous night.

I realize that I need this bubble, sometimes. I need the escape. I need the perspective and I need to keep being appalled by what I see. And I need this job, even if it kills me, because it's more than just a job. It keeps me anchored to this fcuked up world in a way that I need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

Dear x

I wish you would stop loving me so much because I don't think I'll ever be able to say it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear hot man who works in the same building,

I'm going soon. I've never known if the whole awkward tension and small talk and little moments between us mean you fancy me as badly as I do you, or you just think I'm socially inept (true with men my own age for some reason, and ten times more so when it's someone I'm attracted to).

I wish something could happen so I don't wonder forever. But I guess deep down I know that if you were interested, you'd have made a move by now.

Dear hot man who works in the same building,

I'm going soon. I've never known if the whole awkward tension and small talk and little moments between us mean you fancy me as badly as I do you, or you just think I'm socially inept (true with men my own age for some reason, and ten times more so when it's someone I'm attracted to).

I wish something could happen so I don't wonder forever. But I guess deep down I know that if you were interested, you'd have made a move by now.

Go for it. In case he is thinking the same.

And you're going soon. What have you got to lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm guessing your plans didn't work out, so you decided to drop contact with me because I knew the backstory. That's hurtful. You must really think very little of me, as a friend. I've stuck with you, through thick and thin. I've confided things in you also, it's not and hasn't been a one way street. That's what makes your lack of contact, and 'easy breezy' message today even harder to take.
    Maybe you will realise that at some stage. I'm a good friend, and I'm still here for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

I'm done ...wishing and holding out hope that we could ever be.

I'm done ...breaking my own heart over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

M. Will you ever start doing stuff and get a life and stop fighting with me all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

First loss in a long time. Keep going this time!

You're very cute :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Two weeks ago I was planning my life with you completely unaware you were planning the opposite. Everyday has been full of changes, pain but a lot of positives. 357 days ago when I met you I was less confident, less sure than I am now. I'm going along with the everything happens for a reason and it's not meant to be at this time. :)

You're very strong

Life: Please stop throwing more nonsense my way.

I'm not that strong as you think I am.

You made today harder than it ever had to be.

First loss in a long time. Keep going this time!

"Keep going" apparently means "eat everything in sight" now... :(

I'm so lost without you -when I'm alone, it's all I can do not to fall to pieces.

I hope we're not through, as you mean the world to me.
    I should have told you that I loved you, I just didn't want to lose you by scaring you away.

2 years from that first kiss and it all blows up in our faces.
    I feel like someone has reached into my body and pulled my heart out and ripped it to shreds.
    Please know that I'll always be here and I'll never stop loving you.
    Thank you for having been my everything.

N S Q S A.
    10 weeks later and life goes on, but it's been so so hard.
    I miss our friendship more than anything in the world.
    There is nobody who will ever understand like you, nobody who knows what only we know and nobody we can ever tell either.
    I hope things are improving for you.
    Please remember that I'm not going anywhere.
    Your friend forever.
    x
    NSQSA

We have never been good friends. You're only 5 years older than me, but you seem to think you're more. You're patronising, you're a bully and you're a scumbag.

Recent conversations and behaviours have just shown you up to be ridiculously immature. Your patronising comments about how you're older than me etc are pathetic, I think you think this is the reason we don't get on because 5 years is such a huuuuuge age gap. Any of my serious relationships have been with men who are older than you are now. My best friends, are older than you are now. People who care for me, respect me and value me.

You? You've never been anymore than a bully. Over and over again, I've been good to you. We all have. The situation we are all currently in. No one wants it, you take your frustrations out on me. Grand. I can take that as I don't want to see you treat mam and dad the way you treat me. Last week, you went so far over the line that there is no going back with me. Hitting anyone is something you would only expect if they do something seriously bad, but to hit your own sister. You're scum. I said it when you hit mum 13 years ago and despite everything you have been through since and the things that have changed about you since, you've still shown yourself up to be a complete scumbag. Only a scumbag would hit their sister over ANYTHING, let alone the 'reason' you did it.

During the last 7 months, as we have ALL been put in this situation, you have flown off the handle on numerous occasions. Always blaming me. I walk away because the years (half my life) that I have spent suffering from depression have thought me that you remove yourself from the situation. That is what a grown up will do. You chased me to the car, screaming like a fishwife talking about how I am the one who needs to grow up. Today, you were screaming your head off again, flying off the handle. Once again doing one of the things you accuse me of doing. I have not even looked at you since last week, was this one my fault too.

After I left the house last week. I again blocked you on my phone. You are unable to contact me. This time, this is the way it will remain. However, I have seen the text message you think I received from you. In it, you did not apologise for what you did. Admitted you should not have done it, but, no apology. You then go on to blame me for it happening. Are you for real? Seriously?

Despite everything that has happened over all these years. I continue to treat you well, buy you nice presents, look after the little guy, take your calls and offer advice and help. I have been good to you, despite you not really deserving it.

I have a LOT less, but I make the best of what I have. I see all the good things in what I do. I have found hobbies and amazing friends that make any dark times so much more manageable.

You are the only one who I have ever openly told about my mental health struggles. You, unfortunately, are also my trigger. You represent all the bad in my life, in my memories and after last week I can no longer have you in my life. You have been the bad, I don't want you to share in the good I have now and the good I know I am going to have in the future. You went so far over the mark last week, that there is no going back with me. I have no sister. It is no loss to me, I have never had a sister anyway.

You are so incredibly lucky with what you have, it's so much more than you deserve. Scum always rises to the top, it allows us to scrape it off and bin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I'm not perfect but I try so hard to be and in my efforts I seem to keep getting it wrong! Please know that I love you and you have helped me become a much stronger person but my heart tells me that our journey together will end soon. This makes me very very sad because I want to keep you forever but it's just not working out anymore, for either of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear me,

Stop doubting yourself dammit, you can write this book, even though it may need editing and work. Don't lose faith!

Love,

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

What is it with me and timing? Seriously, we waited until this weekend to realise that we liked each other, when you'll be emigrating within the year? You and you alone made the last three days the most amazing I have had in a long time, and I know there have been many obstacles that have prevented us from getting together in the past. But thank you for letting me see what a great person you are, and I sincerely hope that if these things are meant to be they are meant to be, because I am a little bit smitten right now, and would love nothing more than for something to come of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

I deserve better.

I'm this close to blowing a fuse. Leave me the f**k alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

There I said it.... Balls in your court now, but doubt its gonna go the way i want it to.

D.

I can't keep going like this any longer. I can't keep being pushed away, treated without an ounce of emotion or love or want. I want to love you and feel loved by you. I know you're hurting from your past, I know you're scared and I know you don't see me any more. You see your biggest fears.

And I want to stand beside you through this, as you did for me. I want to be there to hold you, to help you feel safe, to be there when you need to cry. But you won't let me close. You won't let me in. I haven't even felt a connection in months now. You're inside your walls and I've been left out in the cold.

For the second day in a row I've gone to the bathroom upset. Nothing and nobody has ever affected me like you have. You've made me feel more loved, and you've hurt me worse than anyone else has. But I can't keep hanging in here. It's killing me, bit by bit. Every time you speak to me with no love or care kills a little part of me. And I don't know how much is left.

Please get better. For yourself. And be happy, whether that's with me or not. But I'm getting dragged down so deep with this that I don't know if I can keep going.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Please please don't sack me!!!! I'll be good, I promise

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭catonthewire

Lord help the next poor woman, hope she uses earplugs to drown out the monotony of your voice....

Guardian Angel, hope yer getting a good laugh from all of this, ya messer!

• Advertisement

Love...I was that girl, and I'm sorry it caused you similar pain to his. You deserved so much better, but what I could never convey and what you will never know is, no one could love you as deeply as I always did and prolly always will. Thanks for the many years of patiently waiting for someone who didn't know how to accept your love. My regrets are :( limitless. Glad your new life has been so fulfilling for you :( really I am... Sincerely, the one that gave it all away :mad: ...for nothing.

Advertisement