Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M,

you want commitment l can give it to you, just please show me more love....its not alot to ask for, and l dont ask for much, l just want to be re-assured every now and again. l'm so mad about you, your almost perfect.....don't want to loose you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We have never been good friends. You're only 5 years older than me, but you seem to think you're more. You're patronising, you're a bully and you're a scumbag.

Recent conversations and behaviours have just shown you up to be ridiculously immature. Your patronising comments about how you're older than me etc are pathetic, I think you think this is the reason we don't get on because 5 years is such a huuuuuge age gap. Any of my serious relationships have been with men who are older than you are now. My best friends, are older than you are now. People who care for me, respect me and value me.

You? You've never been anymore than a bully. Over and over again, I've been good to you. We all have. The situation we are all currently in. No one wants it, you take your frustrations out on me. Grand. I can take that as I don't want to see you treat mam and dad the way you treat me. Last week, you went so far over the line that there is no going back with me. Hitting anyone is something you would only expect if they do something seriously bad, but to hit your own sister. You're scum. I said it when you hit mum 13 years ago and despite everything you have been through since and the things that have changed about you since, you've still shown yourself up to be a complete scumbag. Only a scumbag would hit their sister over ANYTHING, let alone the 'reason' you did it.

During the last 7 months, as we have ALL been put in this situation, you have flown off the handle on numerous occasions. Always blaming me. I walk away because the years (half my life) that I have spent suffering from depression have thought me that you remove yourself from the situation. That is what a grown up will do. You chased me to the car, screaming like a fishwife talking about how I am the one who needs to grow up. Today, you were screaming your head off again, flying off the handle. Once again doing one of the things you accuse me of doing. I have not even looked at you since last week, was this one my fault too.

After I left the house last week. I again blocked you on my phone. You are unable to contact me. This time, this is the way it will remain. However, I have seen the text message you think I received from you. In it, you did not apologise for what you did. Admitted you should not have done it, but, no apology. You then go on to blame me for it happening. Are you for real? Seriously?

Despite everything that has happened over all these years. I continue to treat you well, buy you nice presents, look after the little guy, take your calls and offer advice and help. I have been good to you, despite you not really deserving it.

I have a LOT less, but I make the best of what I have. I see all the good things in what I do. I have found hobbies and amazing friends that make any dark times so much more manageable.

You are the only one who I have ever openly told about my mental health struggles. You, unfortunately, are also my trigger. You represent all the bad in my life, in my memories and after last week I can no longer have you in my life. You have been the bad, I don't want you to share in the good I have now and the good I know I am going to have in the future. You went so far over the mark last week, that there is no going back with me. I have no sister. It is no loss to me, I have never had a sister anyway.

You are so incredibly lucky with what you have, it's so much more than you deserve. Scum always rises to the top, it allows us to scrape it off and bin it.

So, over two weeks have passed. I have not spoken to you or looked at you since. I walk out of rooms when you walk in. You still have not attempted to apologise.

You screamed at mam because she is angry at you (you flew off the handle again). Eventually, you, mam and dad had a conversation. Long story short, you told them ''I'll apologise if thats what you want me to do'' For real? 32. You are 32 and you think you apologise for smacking your sibling in the face because thats what your parents want? No dimwit, you apologise because you are sorry for what you have done. You apologise because you mean it not because you think thats what mammy and daddy want you to do.

It doesn't really surprise me that you haven't tried to apologise, but it saddens me that you still think what you have done is ok. You're raising a child, you have expressed how you want more. Yet you think violence, aggression and bullying is ok. It is not. You were not raised that way. I walk out of rooms when you come in, I don't look at you, I don't acknowledge you. That doesn't stop you from saying ''I'm sorry''. And meaning it. I would probably still walk out of the room but it would be said and if I felt you meant it I would accept it. Soon, I will walk out of your life completely but for seeing and bringing presents to my nephew. You are running out of time. I lose nothing out of this. You are losing someone who has on numerous occasions given you loans of thousands of euros to buy cars, deposits for apartments etc someone who has always taken your calls when you're worried, ill or needed advice. I'm losing nothing as I've never used you as a sister, I've never had you as a sister. I gain from this. I gain the comfort in knowing you cannot hurt me directly anymore. You will always hang in there though because no doubt I will once again have to hold my mother in my arms as she hurts because of your actions just as I did all those years ago when she was the one you smacked in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm tired of being the one making the effort. For once I wish someone would contact me first.

I'm tired of being the one making the effort. For once I wish someone would contact me first.

Don't contact anyone this week and see if anyone actually wants to talk to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You tell me I should feel I can talk to you about anything, because you know how difficult I find it to open up.

I do it. You call me names.

Okay so. Least I tried. I won't bother again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To anyone who has ever felt so low... like the one the world lost yesterday... To anyone who doesnt feel appreciated or wanted, please give someone a chance to show you a different perspective. When you the feel the least like reaching out, that's when you most need to.... Please?

For those of you who reach out to someone, just because you have a feeling you should - thank you... We never know know what anyone is going through and they may not be able to say... When you're in crisis, every little thing (good or bad) can be monumentous. You may never know if you made a difference in their life, but if you don't, you may find out you didn't make any difference... and that is the worst regret of all.

For those of you who feel hopeless... like nothing will ever get better and darkness envelopes you --- please, please let someone show you a spark of light. Sometimes we can't find it for ourselves, but there are people in our lives, whether irl or online that can bring you out of the torment (don't let the misery tell you otherwise). What do you have to lose... except the pain? There are MUCH more effective ways to stop the suffering than taking your own life. REALLY THERE ARE! I know people say "you're not alone" and it sounds so trite, but take a look around... You don't have to suffer alone knowing you are not the only when that has been where you are now - and they found a way out... No matter where you are, someone has been there before - you are not alone. Call a friend, anyone, and if they are not availalable, call another... Pm a pal (someone is usually online), keep trying, even though your mood tells you otherwise... Rally the troops in your desperate hour. Give life another chance. It CAN get better.

To my friends (especially my boards buds- you know who you are) - thank you for the little and the big things you've done for me.. The occasional "hi" when I felt low, but couldn't reach out... The laughter when I didn't feel like talking... And for the long nights of hand holding, when I felt so alone. Thanks for buoying my spirit in the good and bad times. I will always remember and be grateful.

Dear people that are taller than me (i.e. most people),

Please stop patting me on the head. I get it, I'm smaller the average, but I'm ****ing 25 years old. Honestly, patronising isn't the word. I feel about two inches tall right now.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

People stop knocking at my door looking for money because I DON'T HAVE ANY:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

M,
    Thanks for being there for me today. We have been friends for as long as I can remember and even though you didnt know exactly what was on my mind you knew something was up and Ill tell ya some day over a bottle of wine! :) You helped though just by listening........and you choose your friends not your family.....love ya bud :)

You're a d**k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I wish I understood what irony was so that I could tell you how ironic I perceive your behaviours to be. Externally you are a great person, but inside you are just as bad as the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Dear asshole shouting derogatory remarks from the back of a car at me thanks for making me feel so much lower than I already did! Why do people have to be so disrespectful to make themselves feel better?!! I had been collecting a prescription that I needed 2 weeks ago but couldnt face going to the doctors for! You never know what people are feeling so be nice!

Dear A
    I love you but I need your support not to be put down all the time. I try so hard to put on a front and keep everyone happy when inside I feel like crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

I miss you. I know you're so busy but I'd come all the way to see you for 10 minutes even. I need you to hold me and make me feel like everything will be ok. I need to hear your voice and make you laugh. I just really miss you and I feel like you're not part of my life so much anymore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

You know C, I really miss talking to you. I don't know why you don't reply to my messages. I was going through a tough time and shouldn't have said some things but I've apologised and messaged you a few times to try and clear the air, but you haven't replied. I'd love to know how you and the family are. You were a good friend to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I love love love love love love love love LOVE you :)

and I tell you everyday x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Can't say this to my friend because she is super sensitive and someone tried to say it to her before and she was hurt by it. Yes, she doesn't just do this to me. She did it even while I was writing this post. Anyway, as my username suggests I need to rant, so....

Dear Skinny Maling,

When you send me a text, can you please, please, PLEASE just wait for a reply instead of calling me two seconds later to let me know you have just sent me a text. Or, can you at least put the damn phone to your ear instead of holding the phone in mid air for a few seconds and then hanging up. Or just call me instead of texting! Just wait for a damn reply instead of calling again and again and again until I reply to your text.

I would understand if there was some sort of crisis and you needed to reach me quickly but "hey how are you" is not a text that needs urgent attention. I'm getting sick of these calls. They are constantly interrupting important or intimate moments or just increasing my irritation when I'm already stressed or worried about something. The other day I had a vertigo attack. I was feeling really unwell and I went for a lie down. I had a too-brief 20 minute nap thanks to you and had to get up feeling annoyed and even sicker. I didn't hear your text, I slept through it. But the first phone call woke me up. The second call woke me again a few minutes later. I am getting so sick of this. Frankly, I think it's just plain rude.

Yours Angrily,

Rosie Rant.

P.S Grrrrrrrrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

G you really are a self centred ****ing asshole

Dear A

You promised me several things over the past few years but these promises were soon forgot about. You had money to give B recently. Did you think that I would not find out about this? Meanwhile a few years ago you promised me money but you forgot this soon after.

You then told me that another promise you made to me was not going to happen. After this you told me so sweetly that long term it would be better for me for me if this did not happen.
    Do you have any idea how I feel about this? Why could you have not been honest with me before now about your real plans?
    You know what my life is like at the moment and this would have made thing a lot better for me. I now have to make a lot of decisions and changes to move my life on.

The reality is that I should have a good fight with you but I have decided not to do this. I won't forget how you used me, lied to me along with the meanness and selfishness you have shown me in the past few years.

In the future you need to remember the following
    You will reap what you sow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Wouldve been nice to come first for a change !! :-(

I feel so much better now that I've deleted those messages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear bank account,

Skinny b1tch.
    Please eat a sandwich.

Kind regards,

Beks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

I'm sorry if I was hurtful towards you but I find the harder I try with you, the less you try with me and it gets old fast dad. It takes two people to be polite and respectful to get along and if you keep griping at me - as an already irritable person and not broach subjects with just the tiniest bit more tact - then my tolerance levels will be broken and I will snap. You didn't want me in the house but when I try to leave there's more confrontation. It just gets to the stage where I find it pathetic and I lose respect for you. I should tell you this now so you can respect my boundaries too and so that this doesn't end up in a huge argument before I move out. You're the adult so try and act like it. Sometimes it feels more like having a paranoid ex boyfriend and less like having a father disturbing as that may sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dear body,

It's been two weeks. Please stop being sick. I don't like feeling weak and coughing up my lungs.

It might be only a few pounds but you feel crap, don't you? Really crap. What's going on? Why can't you get back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Don't want to jinx things, but I finally think I'm over you. For the first time in months, I'm able to feel happy without feeling guilty.

I just hope that this time it's for good and not just for a week.

To you, my one and only, whoever and wherever you are,

Any chance you could find me soon? I'm getting tired of waiting and I'm lonely and it's not like I'm not trying to find you. infant someone to love and love me back. Or am I destined to actually not find you?

Love,

Me xx

C, have to say you really pissed me off this weekend. The minute your sibling comes home it's like I have to take a back seat. Not one phonecall or text. Cheers. You can be a seriously selfish pr!ck when you feel like it. You TOLD me to call you, also you told me that you would text me to say what your plans where and we'd meet up that night. As per fcuking usual, you let me down again. We take 5 steps forward and 10 back when you start acting like this. It seems juvenile to me. Since you pal around with people that are a few years younger, it makes me think that you start behaving like a teenager again.

I ignored your call last night, and probably will again today because I'm just not in the humour of you acting bewildered like you dont know what I'm talking about. Do not bullsh!t me. You cant pull the wool over my eyes, lets face it, I'm way more intelligent than you give me credit for.

You've proper ruined my Monday, I've a good mind to just blank you all week since you find it so easy to do the same. Just not in the humour. Why is it so many men in my life let me down, between my brothers and you I just dont have much respect for men these days at all. The majority I know are selfish fcukers and I dont want that crap in my life.

Grown the fcuk up. You're 27 FFS.

Maybe it's me, maybe I shouldnt be with someone who's 2 years younger. Because some days it feels like you're 10 years younger.

Pain in my hole :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

dear little sis thanks for giving up your day yesterday just to be with me and to see the things i love in life. You made me smile all day long.

dear mam see i told you that you would have a brilliant time - you just have to make yourself get out and do things.

Dear body, please try a bit harder to expel the last of this manky three week dose you have come down with. I'm grateful to have a functioning throat and ears again but could do with also not snuffling and coughing all the time and being able to re gain some fitness.

dear friend thanks for organising our adventure and well done on raising the most polite well mannered sweet heart of a teenager i;ve ever met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M

l can never tell what your thinking.....are you really happy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Keep the chin up, please. Things will get better

Advertisement