Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

YOU ASSHOLE!! I swear! You Fu3kin ASSHOLE!!!

This job is more to me then cash, its life, its feeling better, its contact with friends and the ability to be normal. You just dont even care that i need that. Your just happy to piss me off, like i dont matter.

Why cant you even bother your ass to give me the credit i deserve, dont tell me im great and then treat me like im an idiot.

Do you want me? I'm gone....FU3K YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Stop trying to boss me around, I'm too old for this crap:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Be careful what you say... after awhile of hearing the same thing over and over, it's hard to ignore other's beliefs about yourself (whether true or not).

don't mind me, I'm just feeling a bit downtrodden atm

It wasn't supposed to happen like this, I wasn't supposed to fall for you but I have and you're completely oblivious to the fact. I want you to be happy but it's tearing me apart, seeing you become interested in other women. The reason I've become so distant is because I need to prepare for when you get a girlfriend (it will happen soon, I know). Hopefully by that time you won't see me as a close friend, or even a friend, just an acquaintance so I can cut contact completely - without it hurting you (or me) too much.

I really do hope everything works out for you though, you deserve it. You're a really good person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm sick of having to wait for you, you should be on time every week to see your child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Why are you not bothered about this?
    So frustrated right now.. I just wanna cry!

I miss ... I miss ... your eyes, the way you looked at me for 8 years, and only got better with time. I miss the way you made me feel; no man compares to you in that respect. I miss your little jealousies and the way you scolded me. I miss your teasing and your serious moments. I miss the way you clenched your jaw and furrowed your brows. I miss your intensity and your gentleness. I miss walking into a room and feeling your presence fill my soul. I miss knowing I belong to you. I miss the future we didn't have - the heartaches and the joys.

I miss YOU most of all... everything about you... every day of my life. :(

There will not be another that can take your place, so I have to stop thinking it's an either/or proposition. I must stop comparing and start getting used to the fact that different isn't worse, nor is it settling, it's just ...different than you. ... But I dunno how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

M,

I know you mean well but can you please stop telling me that I will miss my father when hes gone or that I need to talk to him.

because quite frankly I don't, I honestly don't give a flying fcuk!

I haven't nor will I tell him that I'm going to Canada. He has absolutely no reason to know!

I really like having you as my friend so please stop going on about it or I will have to stop talking to you.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Me,

I'm just so so tired of thinking about food. I need to get back on track. The weight is just creeping back on. I had 12lbs left. I'm estimating I have about 21lbs to go now after going completely off the rails.and not exercising. How is the guilt not stopping me making awful choices with my meals? How has everything gotten out of hand like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I go through severe dry spells with guys, then I get thrown date invitations from two guys within the space of three days. But I have no feelings for either of them.

Universe, is it too much to ask for to meet one guy where there's mutual attraction? I'm not picky. I just require some sort of interest from both parties.

I feel horrible turning down these great guys :( But I normally get called horrible names and accused of "leading people on" if I do agree to dates, try my hardest to muster up some attraction because I'm trying to "give them a chance", and then turn them down gently.

It would be nice to not have to turn down the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

To All the ladies in the Lounge

I haven't written here in over a year. In that time I have met a man. He is the most wonderful person I have ever met. He is supportive and encourages me to fufill my hopes, dream and my full potenial. If I want something he is there by my side and he has shown me what I should have known all along about myself.

I am a wonderful, kind, loving person. I deserve to have good things in my life. I deserve to be loved and treated with respect. I deserve someone to be honest, open and truthful with me, even if it's not what I want to hear sometimes. The people in my life deserve this behaviour and treatment from me in return.

If I don't receive this from the people/family/friends/colleagues in my life I do not have to accept bad behaviour from them. I am an adult and I make my own choices.

Gone are the days where I will wallow in self pity and moan what I don't have. If I want something I make it happen. I choose to be happy. I choose to be active. I choose to travel, see the world and different cultures. I choose to educate myself, question things and make my life better.

For anyone who is feeling low, or put down on by someone - remember you also have a choice. Stand up for yourself and be counted. Whatever type of person you are, bad or good, to this point, it doesn't matter. It is now in the past. You have this moment onwards. Choose your life. If you want to make amends - do it. You want to learn new skills? DO IT.

Everything you want in this life is at your fingertips, the power is in YOU. Be confident in who you are. You are one of a kind. Be brave girls. Step forward.

I wish every single one of you light, love, happiness - and if you allow it, pure joy in your lives. Hope you have an amazing day.

L x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Cop on,

Get back to it.

We started off as work friends. After a year of being thick as thieves, you told me one drunken night you had feelings for me. I'd been hurt before - badly, and you knew this - so I was reluctant to believe you. You aren't my type anyway, apart from an uncannily shared sense of humour, the similarities end there. You are 21, I'm 23, and we're completely different people. But we're the best of friends so I start wondering, what if?

Over the last 8 months you would continually profess your feelings for me when drunk, then act as if we were just friends when sober. You chased me and wooed me until I felt the same as you claimed to feel. It was so confusing. Eight weeks ago, I exploded and told you that I was going crazy not knowing where I stood with you. You have a drug problem, something I can't even begin to understand, but at this point I was in so deep I didn't even care. You held my hand and kissed my forehead and told me you had never had stronger feelings for anyone in your life.

You told me we were going to get serious, go on a proper date, and make sure things were done right so we didn't mess up. For a few weeks things were perfect. On my birthday you told me you loved me.

Then, all of a sudden, you went completely cold on me. No contact outside work for two weeks. At a staff night out last week, you decide that the best way to inform me that you are now seeing the new girl in the office is to kiss her in front of me and all our colleagues. Bonus points for several colleagues being aware of this for the two weeks when I was worried sick when you weren't talking to me, despite the fact that I considered some of them close friends. Bonus points again for a few of them relaying my concern about our lack of contact to the new girl, who knew exactly how I was feeling but said nothing.

No apology, no explanation. We weren't even going out so I just look like an idiot. You humiliated me in front of our entire work force. And the saddest part? I didn't want this. I wanted us to remain friends. YOU chased me till I fell hook line and sinker. You were the one going on and on about how much you cared, begging me for a chance to show me how well you'd treat me.

I know you feel guilty, I can tell by your body language and how you conduct yourself at work. She has a drug problem too, and she's going to destroy you. She's skinnier and prettier than me, I know this, but I believed you when you said you loved me. This has been going on for 18 months for goodness sake.

I'm humiliated, heartbroken, disappointed...In myself for believing you and in you for having so little respect. Seeing you together at work sickens me. She's smug and both of your lack of consideration for my feelings makes me furious. I'm hearing rumours that after TWO WEEKS you are preparing to make her your girlfriend, something I couldn't get from you in 18 months.

You have broken me, you have made me hate a job I loved, you have made a fool out of me in front of all our friends, and I'm the loser crying in the bathrooms at lunchtime because I can't bear seeing you with her. I will never forgive you.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

I can easily tell you're lying - stop doing it

You make me feel happy. You make me feel human again. :) all I do is smile when I see you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Husband,

I didn't think I could love you any more I really didn't, turns out I was wrong. You proved for the millionth time last night why you're perfect for me, I'm bursting with pride to be your wife!

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Dear larrymickdick,

I am just wondering if your lovely fella has a lovely hawt single brother lol. :pac:

Kindest regards,
    kmq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You were supposed to be the one person I could count on. I'm not angry or upset yet because I'm still so numb, I can't believe you even did this in the first place.

Why? Was she worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I dont care about your problems.

Please shut the **** up.

Stop calling me.

Not my problem you cant get a girlfriend.

You actually drain me completely.

And no, i will NEVER go out with you, stop flirting with me, stop coming on to me. Im not attracted to people who dog women to the high heavens when they reject you, and i am not attracted to people who want me to feel sorry for them.

Please stop it, you tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M,

I dont know where this is going and its scaring me....its only been a few months but things seemed to have changed so much, l feel like l easily piss you off, like today how you snapped at me to stop messing. What has happened. You told me you were non judgemental yet today you start taking the piss out of a woman who was just smiling - l dont get it.

I know you;ve been thru so much ****, l wish you could open up to me about it because l do care and want to help, l flippin love you. l wish l could feel l could open up to you, but the last few weeks you've just been un-predictable and l just dont know where l stand. l sometimes wonder do you just want me for company??

lm scared because l have put so much time effort thought money into you - you have my emotions all over the place, l wish l could tell you my fears and hopes. l wish we could go back to what we were at the start - something fun and really good.

l dunno maybe its me, and l'll take blame if l have to. l wish you hadn't told me lm all you want in a woman, you would hold onto me for good and you loved me - cause right now l cant imagine you ever saying those things again and it fcuking hurts.

l just want things to work out, lm mad about you.

Thanks for using me as a stopgap. Now that you've thrown me aside do me this one last favour and leave me alone. Don't give me any hope, just leave me be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You won't break me. I have gone through my worst nightmare and if I can get through that I can get through anything. You can try to intimidate me and make a fool out of me, but I won't rise to it. I'm a respectable young lady and I'm above such pathetic behaviour. Also please realise what an idiot you are making of yourself, it was MY boyfriend you were with. It should be ME making your life hell. Your nothing more than a common, cheap, tacky woman. I will not engage in any attempt you make to bully me.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Years later and I have a new, wonderful, amazing boyfriend, but I still get a bit tingly in my stomach when I see or hear anything about you. Congrats on your beautiful wife and gorgeous baby :) Seems you finally sorted those commitment issues!

Thanks for.... remembering us. I normally could moan on forever, but for some reason, I am not feeling it today - sorry love. Happy Anniversary, I dunno what I woulda done without you. You know, I can't see or talk to you anymore. You made the right choice of women, but if I hear you say it or see it in your eyes, then I... I... well I don't even wanna know how low that would make me, so I must wish you well from a distance. Funny how you can always make me feel special, no matter who else is in your life. I love you for that. Miss you everyday.... Still its nice to know we look at the same moon every night... xo my love, for always.

...just the beat of my heart... for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Thank you for believing in me, so that some day I can believe in me too.

You are my best friend but I don't know who you are any more. You lie to me, you ignore me, you think you're better than me. The three of us have been friends for so long. Sure, she can be annoying but she's a good person and has been a good friend.vi don't know how you can just cut her out of your life like that. It makes you so cold and heartless, and to be honest, I've lost a little respect for you. I hTe that I can't say any if this to you because you will start arguing with me to. I hate that you think it doesn't bother me because it does. I hate how you don't care how this is affecting her, when I see how much she is hurting. I'm afraid to be myself around you; I feel like I have to be someone who pleases you. You've changed my friend, and I don't like who you're becoming...

Before our day ends... There's a regret I am leaving here, in this thread. Not to pick up again. I am sorry for allowing you to think you werent my first choice. I have always loved only you... with my whole heart. I am sorry I couldn't be truthful with you in word or deed. Perhaps if I had, we would be sharing this day... and every other one together. I miss seeing us in your eyes. Thanks for loving me...thru it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Hey, I am a guy...I saw the ladies lounge and decided to spy on the other side. Then I spotted this thread and thought it sounded interesting.

Anywho, I just wanted to say that this is some of the stuff I have ever read. Ever. In any format. It does what all great art is supposed to do, it makes you laugh, it makes you cry and, I suppose most importantly, it makes you look inward and examine yourself.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Despite how much time has passed, I will always wonder if I would feel better by telling you everything.

The old you would be destroyed.

The person you became would probably ignore me like you did when I tried to tell you everything last year.

I think the reason I keep things to myself is because I don't know which reaction I fear more: seeing you upset, or seeing you not care that I was (and still am) upset.

Advertisement