Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

There's something missing and it hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Just reply to my message the delay is scaring me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Uterus, make up your mind. False cramps are not cool bro. I can't be sitting there, panadol in one hand, hot water bottle in the other, waiting to see if they continue every flipping second day.

You used to be reliable dude, slow burn cramps during the night, giving me enough time to prepare. Now it's more like a game of Duck Duck Goose: false cramps, false cramps, bam! Surprise period.

Also, keep the bloating to a minimum? Please? Trying to impress some fella here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Hope it's alright for guys to post in here. :o There isn't really a similar thread in "The Gentleman's Club" and this thread caught my eye.

Anyway, this is a bit of mush and sappiness dedicated to my friends.

I've had many friends over the years. Many, many friends. But a lot were more casual acquaintances/drinking buddies/etc. more than true friends. Some were users, who took advantage of my "softness" (I prefer to think of it as good nature and generosity, but some would qualify it as softness) and who would then be rapidly gone once I wasn't able to help them out. Other "friends", turned out to be vindictive psychopaths who wore me down to a nub and almost gave me a mental breakdown only a few short years ago.

You realise as you get a bit older, and a bit wiser, who your real and true friends are. The ones who are great to talk to, who you could trust with anything, who you could rely on to be there, who don't use you, who are more than just "drinkin' buddies" (but we do need them too!), and the ones who appreciate you and love you for who you are and don't do stuff to hurt you.

A few years ago, a bunch of lads I considered my friends tore my heart out of its chest, threw it to their hell-hounds for a chew toy and reduced me to a depressed wreck. I remember times in work when it got too much, and I'd be sitting in the toilets, sobbing my eyes out as quietly as I could. I cried myself to sleep more times than I care to mention. I went to see a psychiatrist a few times. I was threatened with blackmail; my most personal and private secrets and details that I had shared with them... they threatened to tell the world. That would have killed me. For some reason, they didn't do it.

Now? Well... I'm on top of the world. I have a new, great job. I have a great place to live. I'm happy. It's been a very long time coming, but I'm generally happy. It's a great thing to say!

The reason I'm so happy, all other things being equal... I have now got the best group of friends around me that anyone could ever possibly hope to want. They're the kindest, soundest, most fun and most brilliant group of friends a guy could ask for. There's never any drama or bullshít with them. Only good craic and fun.

But we support each other. We're there for each other. We're around for each other. If one of us falls, the others are there to pick him up. If one of us needs help, the rest of us are there to offer it. If one of us is down, the others are there to cheer him up. We have each others' backs, we are just great friends.

Why did it take me so long to realise who my true friends were? Well, you can be young and stupid and not realise. But get a little older, and you quickly realise who the ones that are worth it are.

Basically, to my friends: I love you guys so much. You're the best people I know, you've given me so much, it's no exaggeration to say you've probably saved my life, you're the reason I laugh so much now, you're the bestest buddies a guy could want, and I love you all to bits...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

me, :) an art teacher???...who knew I could do that? ...finally something to look forward to :) ...thanks possibilities!

• Advertisement

You were supposed to be the one who is always there for me. Instead you walked away when things got hard without even giving me a chance. I feel lost and alone and sick to the pit of my stomach.
    That post really touched a nerve. :(

Dear Pomplamousse,

I know it hurts now, believe me. Trust me, things will get better.

xPPx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just leave it, please. I am sure you mean well, with your messages, but it really does seem like a duty, on your part, another thing to tick off the list. Do you keep the message and have it on resend? Aaargh, I know I shouldn't even think like that. No matter what I reply, it doesn't seem to be what you want to hear, and that annoys me again. I'm being truthful.
    I'm glad I have friends who are there for me, when things are tough, very glad. You are not one of them. And that makes me sad.

After almost two years I finally made the decision to delete your friends and family off my Facebook, and I accidentally find out you've become a father. I'm happy for you, I always said you'd be a great father. But I can't help but feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. I feel so silly for feeling like this. You've moved on, so why is it taking me so long to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Dear body,

Oh whats that? ?

You wanna gimme another disease??

Sure whats another one to the ever growing fūcking list!!

Right well this time i am gonna do anything and everything in my power to stop you every fųcking step of the way!!

Wait and see now, you wont be progressing any further!!

Kind regards,

a VERY pîssed off lala!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Can't tell if I'm just overly hormonal, or have actually slipped back to crying over you...

Please, please, let it be the first option. I'll take bad cramps over the second option any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Don't. Freak. Out.

I know you said it several times during the two years we were together but it did hurt when I realised it was true, you did get over me quicker than I got over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Dear larrymickdick,

I am just wondering if your lovely fella has a lovely hawt single brother lol. :pac:

Kindest regards,
    kmq.

aw he has 2 v hot brothers but unfortunately one is married and the other is in a long term relationship! ;)

what an absolute gem of a day! all that beautiful low golden light
    perfect for long walks
    wish you were here to hold my hands and & give me kisses
    miss yer bum peanut x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dont appreciate my so called friend trying to undermine me in work.

You can fck right off! I'm done with it all. Good luck getting those accounts sorted when im somewhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

I know we were only together 8 months but in that time I thought we were in love..only for you to finish it 2.5 weeks ago saying my children were putting pressure on you (even though they have a dad)
    So when I discovered yesterday morning that you confirmed a new relationship on your Facebook page it was like a concrete block was thrown over me. I felt so gutted :(
    I am still trying to get over you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Even though I'm over you, I still get such a thrill from seeing that you've liked a photo of me on facebook, or when you message me to see how I am, or when you crop up in conversation with mutual friends. You'll never lose that ability to make me smile, and I'll always be thankful for that :)

DazMarz wrote: »
    Now? Well... I'm on top of the world. I have a new, great job. I have a great place to live. I'm happy. It's been a very long time coming, but I'm generally happy. It's a great thing to say!
    But we support each other. We're there for each other. We're around for each other. If one of us falls, the others are there to pick him up. If one of us needs help, the rest of us are there to offer it. If one of us is down, the others are there to cheer him up. We have each others' backs, we are just great friends.
    :D

This is so good to see, I am so happy for you!
    You sound like a great fella and you deserve the happiness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I think its horrible and cruel how cold you have been to me all week....and now you tell me you dont wanna see me at the weekend - tho everythings meant to be ok??

You know what your doing to me and l think your testing me....

I'v been such a good gf to you, and you know it. This was the last thing l expected, this was the last way l thought you would treat me. I can't go on like this anymore, you have til monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Confused12345

Dear Me

It may not feel like it at times but the worst is behind you

Nobody will ever treat you like that again because you won't allow it

Just remember every time you got knocked down you got back up and that takes strength be gentle to yourself

xxxx

• Advertisement

My love,
    Since you left all I can think of is just how much love I have for you. All day long I think of nothing but you and hope that we can work things out. You're the woman I love more than all else in this world and I want to spend the trst of my life making you smile. I want to sit beside you and rub your cheek and tell you that I love you as our family gathers found and we bask in the warm glow of our love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I thought i was over you, I even said it to you. At the time it felt like it. And then i see you have a gf. I felt shocked. It makes me irrational. I want to be with you. It's only now I realise how hard I fell for you. It's been 9 months. Feeling foolish and silly and confused. I'm still glad you're in my life. You're one of my closest friends. Still paranoid about losing you though. It sounds like your gf doesn't like me. Oddly satisfying xD ....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicalme

Dear Mr. Ex

I'm glad we're done because I'd forgotten who I really am and how to laugh!
    Now I love being me and I haven't stopped laughing <3

Get out of my head. Please. You're only there because of what I found out the other day.

I'm over you. I want someone new in my life. Someone who will make me feel wanted, needed, safe, someone who will make me laugh, who will comfort me. Someone who will love me for who I am. Because I deserve it. I'm a good person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Dear family,

sort things out, actually talk! Stop fighting. Apologise, forgive. Bickering is useless. Old anger is pointless. And Christmas is coming...

To any of the guys I got chatting to on Tinder,

I have no idea how all of you somehow made me out to be the bad guy because I want something more meaningful than sex in a random hotel room with a virtual stranger. Fair enough if that's what you want, but it's not what I want.

Sincerely,

An ex-Tinder user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Hey as5hole at work,

Seriously? You're just going to blatantly implicate someone else in your own mistake, because you can't be bothered doing your job and fact-checking your work? What are you, 12?

You asked me for a picture, I sent you a picture. You did not ask me to clarify a pretty damn important fact that would then go on-air to the masses.

In a word, (or two), fcuk you. And grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Love... What you will never know is, I am not as strong as I act. What I can never tell you is, I am a little lost with you... without us. I can't find a reason, a direction... a hope.

God I miss you. I miss seeing me in your eyes - what love you had. You've always known who I was meant to be, even though I still can't figure that out. I miss the life we were supposed to have, the kids, the struggles, the everything... just everything.

You were right to choose someone else. She's good for you.

I am lost... like you always suspected I was. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I was fully convinced I had it. Thanks M, I'll buy flowers for the grave the next time I'm in town. Love you, r.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Thank you god for now for getting me so far, I'm gonna need it for another week while I get through the next interview.

Advertisement