Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

You are amazing and I'm so glad I met you. You make me so happy, you give me butterflies. Keep doing what you're doing, I'm absolutely mad about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Dear x

You seem to set out to deliberately offend, and I don't understand it. Why do you do it? If you don't like the other person surely it is better to say that and explain why. If you don't like their behaviour, ditto.

Being unpleasant/attacking is so juvenile ...It's mindboggling that an adult descends to this level.

Who do you want to be? How do you want to behave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

Dear Mummy,

Mother's Day is always hard now, and I still miss you every single day. I wish you could see the person I am now. I know you were so proud on my graduation day. I have a job, and I'm starting a career. You'd be so proud of your boy, I'm sure.

I wish you could meet my girlfriend. She's the one for me, I know, and I think the two of you would have got on so well. She holds all the same opinions as me - you know, those opinions you instilled in me. The right ones! I wish you could have seen her and seen how happy she makes me.

Daddy misses you every day, I know. He still tears up when he thinks about you. You were married for twenty-five years, and I've never in my life seen two people more in love. You've been gone nearly a year and a half now and the wound is as fresh as it ever was. I wish you were still here to keep him company. I'm leaving home soon, I'm going to move in with my girlfriend and he's going to be left on his own. This isn't the way it was supposed to be - me leaving was supposed to be a happy time, the time for the two of you to live on your own without me lumping about the place. Instead he's going to be alone, but I can't stay there forever to keep him company. He doesn't want me to, he wants me to move on. But I still feel guilty.

I'm sorry you never got to live your dream of living by the sea. I would have happened one day. I know daddy always said he wouldn't do it, but you always knew how to win him over. You would have lived by the sea one day. But now I'm doing it for you. My girlfriend lives by the sea, and every morning when I see it I will smile and think of you.

Goodbye, mummy.

I will always love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Dear Mummy,

Mother's Day is always hard now, and I still miss you every single day. I wish you could see the person I am now. I know you were so proud on my graduation day. I have a job, and I'm starting a career. You'd be so proud of your boy, I'm sure.

I wish you could meet my girlfriend. She's the one for me, I know, and I think the two of you would have got on so well. She holds all the same opinions as me - you know, those opinions you instilled in me. The right ones! I wish you could have seen her and seen how happy she makes me.

Daddy misses you every day, I know. He still tears up when he thinks about you. You were married for twenty-five years, and I've never in my life seen two people more in love. You've been gone nearly a year and a half now and the wound is as fresh as it ever was. I wish you were still here to keep him company. I'm leaving home soon, I'm going to move in with my girlfriend and he's going to be left on his own. This isn't the way it was supposed to be - me leaving was supposed to be a happy time, the time for the two of you to live on your own without me lumping about the place. Instead he's going to be alone, but I can't stay there forever to keep him company. He doesn't want me to, he wants me to move on. But I still feel guilty.

I'm sorry you never got to live your dream of living by the sea. I would have happened one day. I know daddy always said he wouldn't do it, but you always knew how to win him over. You would have lived by the sea one day. But now I'm doing it for you. My girlfriend lives by the sea, and every morning when I see it I will smile and think of you.

Goodbye, mummy.

I will always love you.

I have tears in my eyes from reading that. I'm sure your father is incredibly proud of you, and you've nothing at all to feel guilty about. Just remember that you making the most of your life, and being happy, is what he wants more than anything. I bet your Mum is looking down on you filled with pride, so everytime the rain starts to fall just remember that she's your rainbow waiting at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OneWish

Dear S,
    I will miss you every single day. Hearing your voice last night for possibly the last time for a long time was so nice and yet so heart breaking. I can't be just your friend right now. My feelings for you run far deeper than that. I'll not stop loving you. I hope you find your way back to me. Take care. Lots of love,
    A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Dear I,
    Please stop coming onto my boyfriend,I know he's your ex but he's my current and you're making me nervous each time I see you at the same place we are.Also your extentions are terrible you hideous creature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Dear Barbell

It's only an extra few kg, and sure wouldn't it be worth it to stop me moaning?:D I'm not sure if you've ever seen 'The Craft'(pretty unlikely since you're an inanimate object), but you know where they use that 'light as a feather' spell to levitate? I'm going to try that with all 140kg of you - and it would be really great if you'd co-operate.

Dear hottie in Holland and Barrett

....you're missing out on all the sexy deadlifting:cool:

Dear most awesome new tattoo

I can't fcuking wait to see you in 2 weeks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Dear Belfast boy,

Yes you!
    I hate TEXT speak, poor grammar and poor comprehension.

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear C,

Please stop sending my 18 year old sister pictures of you c**k! It was a funny at first when she randomly text you after we discovered your number online on your website years ago but now you have gone too far. I wonder does your girlfriend know what you doing? I bet she will soon enough :rolleyes:

P.S. If you knew who I really was I bet you would just die :D

Regards, Asphyxia :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Dear G,

Im sorry things didn't work out. More sorry for the way I treated you towards the end. You were not without fault either though. Im glad we ended on good terms. Some days I think I want you back and I cry myself to sleep, other days I think I don't want to be with you and maybe I was convincing myself I did because I was afraid of being alone. Either way I know breaking up was the right thing to do. Its only been a few weeks and I already feel like I'm back to my old self, better than I was when I was in the relationship. Strangely, keeping contact with you doesn't make me miss you more, I enjoy it, but I just don't want to know that you have moved on or are with other women. Does that mean I'm not over you? I dont know. It will all become clearer in time I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

RU - You've stolen my heart - I deserve it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Dear ____

I made a mistake doing what i did with you and I hurt someone I love very much in order to see was the grass greener on the other side, and guess what? It wasnt- It was brown and patchy and not worth what i almost lost. Even now you wont stop pestering people we both know for information about me. FOR GODS SAKE QUIT IT! Your a weed Plain and simple!

Oh and BTW parading your new fiancee past my house with you 10 times a day is PATEHIC. Your mother must be so proud. You Infant!!:rolleyes:

Dear ____

After 10 years of friendship you betrayed me! I dont care how much you try and justify your actions or your partners because at the end of the day he ment more to you than me, and that says a lot about what you thought of our friendship.YOU THREW 10 YEARS AWAY ON A GUY YOU HAVE KNOWN 6 MONTHS!!! Nothing will ever make up for what you did so stop trying . I should have cut you out of my life a long time ago when i first heard the rumours, but i didnt listen them. Theres no smoke without fire and i know what you did now. YOU ARE POISON!:mad:

Wow felt good to say that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Dear ____

I made a mistake doing what i did with you and I hurt someone I love very much in order to see was the grass greener on the other side, and guess what? It wasnt- It was brown and patchy and not worth what i almost lost. Even now you wont stop pestering people we both know for information about me. FOR GODS SAKE QUIT IT! Your a weed Plain and simple!

Oh and BTW parading your new fiancee past my house with you 10 times a day is PATEHIC. Your mother must be so proud. You Infant!!:rolleyes:

Dear ____

After 10 years of friendship you betrayed me! I dont care how much you try and justify your actions or your partners because at the end of the day he ment more to you than me, and that says a lot about what you thought of our friendship.YOU THREW 10 YEARS AWAY ON A GUY YOU HAVE KNOWN 6 MONTHS!!! Nothing will ever make up for what you did so stop trying . I should have cut you out of my life a long time ago when i first heard the rumours, but i didnt listen them. Theres no smoke without fire and i know what you did now. YOU ARE POISON!:mad:

Wow felt good to say that :)

Sorry have 2 more

Dear _____

I am marrying you next year. Finally. I feel we have been through so much the last 7 years, I know i tell you i love you every day but thats pretty mild compared to my feelings. You are a womderful man and I am blessed to have you. You have a beautiful soul and always manage to look on the bright side of everything.I love you for that.

xxx

Dear Sister

I want you to know you are my world. I have always said when mammy died she blessed us both so that we would be close, and I thank her for that. When you had your cancer scare last year i cried for days, the thought of losing you just broke my soul. Even putting this down here now ive tears in my eyes because i remember that pain.

You have always been there for me, even when i made that stupid error and almost lost everything, but you didnt judge me. You have blessed me with 2 beautiful nieces and they are wonderful little girls. I just want you to know i love you more than life and I wouldnt want anyone else at the alter with me when i get married next year

xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You did not actually win.
    I've decided I'm going to wear that dress to my college ball instead. Which is a place you couldn't and never will get into, even though you so badly wanted to, because you're just a pathetic waster, whose only major in life, is being a class A bitch.
    Sucks to be you!

Dear D,

Words cannot comprehend how much you mean to me.
    I love you so much.

You were there for one of the toughest times of my life.
    You held me when I was sad and in tears.
    You didnt even have to say anything.
    Just having you there was enough.

You made me laugh, which was hard to do at that point in my life.
    You made me realise what was really important.

I don't know how I could have gotten through it without you.
    Really, I don't think you even realise how much your support meant to me.
    You were there when I had no one.
    You were a true friend.
    One, I will never ever forget.

I was broken.
    And you fixed me.
    I love you
    & I miss you so much. :(

Hi Dad,

Thanks for being nice to me for a change. It's a shame I had to be nearly killed in order for this to happen. It's a shame it won't last. I'm going to carry on being the bigger person yet quietly distrustful. I know you will never grow up and figure out what really matters.

Brianna, it's over 2 months now since we stopped talking, but I keep thinking about things and what you said. I may not be very mature and I may act stupid, I make decisions with my heart instead of my head and when things become too much I self-destruct, but I know I am a decent person, and if someone said to me I was in the wrong I'd be the first person to change that and to say sorry, sometimes I don't realise what I am doing.

I regret getting mixed up with you, it was silly and I should have had more sense. I hate that I let you say awful things to me and didn't stand up for myself. I regret that I didn't try kill off my feelings for you sooner because any relationship between us was always going to end in failure, I wish I could have been like you and moved on so quickly.

I wake up at night thinking about things and don't sleep properly anymore and have nightmares to do with you. I hate being this way and it makes me not want to try be in relationships anymore. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. If there was a pill I could take to make me forget everything I would happily take it, but I know that isn't right, and I know I would miss the oppurtunity to learn from this experience. Sometimes you take a beating I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Muppet, it'll be alright, sounds like you are quite down at the moment, give it time and you will be ok, I know it sounds very cliched and useless to say that, but try think about other things, it sounds like your mind is racing with thoughts about your ex-girlfriend, try doing things with friends and family. Try to remember the good times too, remember that somebody wanted to be involved with you because they thought you were special, and another person in time will be interested again :) chin up!

Relationships are not easy and it hurts when they fall apart, but (I am assuming here) your young and you can try again, remember what you learned on this occassion to help you in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Claire,

It's five months now since our friendship ended, and I miss you. But I'm not sure if I miss you enough to tolerate your bullsh1t and negativity. I do hope you've sorted your head out a little though and have learned to be less miserable with your lot. You really have nothing to complain about.

Leah,

You're like a mini-me, albeit a brighter and maybe prettier version. (Though I'll never admit that aloud...) We need to skype more. I miss your sunny disposition!

Upstairs singer-lady,

You can't sing. You are essentially tone-deaf. No amount of renditions of 'Because The Night' at any hour of the day or night is going to change that. Please move on to other dreams and let me get a decent night's sleep.

Regards,

Beks

Ex,

Stop calling me everyday after you finish work, I don't care if you're bored and want to annoy me, I will not answer.

We spent almost two years (which YOU ended, not ME) with you being incredibly boring, we rarely done anything enjoyable. You spent the first year of our relationship texting your ex constantly with me standing idly by. You didn't like my friends, and I'm not surprised they didn't like you. You never wanted me to hang around with them. You had me in a near state of depression quite often. You'd come home from work and instantly turn into Little Miss Miserable. If I wanted to spend a week at home you'd get angry and upset. And what really pissed me off is how you turn from 'Miserable You' to 'Happy You' if we were around anyone, yet as soon as it was just the two of us it was straight back to 'Miserable You', yet still incredibly needy. The only thing I miss is the dogs. The only bad New Years, Halloweens, Christmas' and summers I had were with you.

I'm have no connection with you, please stop calling, I will not answer.

I've become close to a few of my friends again, I've met someone new and she is awesome with a capital A, fun, really attractive and pretty much like myself pre and post you. I've found a full time job, and I've started a pretty awesome band. I can be friends with girls again without someone getting jealous.

Now I can do what I want, when I want and how I want, it is a great feeling.

I could type a lot more but I'm not arsed, life is great at the moment and I'm genuinely happy for the first time since I was twenty years old :P

We both read Boards so hopefull you'll read this.
    Stop calling. Thankin' you.

A.

• Advertisement

Dear _____

Thank you for not giving me a further 12 month contact within your wonderful organisation.
    You told me I could not do the job that I had been doing for the previous 12 months.
    I did not have the courage to tell you that you have no people or management skills which would help with your present post.

K

Please stop cheating on your girlfriend, she's a lovely person and loves you to pieces and you treat her like a massive inconvenience. If you don't love her, let her go, she needs more than what you're giving her now. I hardly know her, but seeing the way she looks at you last night and having been there when you've bragged to girls in clubs that you're free and single is such a paradox it makes me feel ill.

She's practically shaking she's so insecure, and you know why. I lost a lot of respect for you last night. If she was a bitch, perhaps I could understand but she adores you, and you don't adore her and it's heartbreaking.

She pulled me aside last night and said she was jealous of the way N looks at me because you don't look at her like that. Yous have been together 4 years, and you've been cheating on her for 3 of them. Cop on to yourself and let that poor girl go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Norman,
    Thank you for being the bestest most patient husband in the world. You have allowed me to be comfortable in my decision to try to get a college degree at the grand old age of 36 as it was not high on my list of priorities when I was younger.....

Not once have you made me feel guilty for landing you with the lions share of parenting or housework over the past 3 years.... I promise you that I will make it up to you hopefully after next year when our financial situation changes and i cannot wait to surprise you with little gifts ( and maybe even a shiny new kayak:)) which you sooooooo deserve!!!!!

My sister,
    Thank you sooooo much sis for organising not only a single but a double student placement for me in your biopharmaceuticals (R & D and in the micro lab) company where you work as HR:).
    These kind of placements are thin on the ground at the moment and are very much sought after. You have done my confidence a world of good when you give me the pep talks at times when I doubt my ability to go out into the workplace. I know I've been an honours student in college as of yet but have only ever worked at cleaning houses and without you there to egg me on i would be petrified!!!

A final thank you to my Norman who has just sent my daughter up to my room (where I'm supposed to be studying:o) with a home made Galaxy minstrels milkshake.............Yum yum:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

K

Please stop cheating on your girlfriend, she's a lovely person and loves you to pieces and you treat her like a massive inconvenience. If you don't love her, let her go, she needs more than what you're giving her now. I hardly know her, but seeing the way she looks at you last night and having been there when you've bragged to girls in clubs that you're free and single is such a paradox it makes me feel ill.

She's practically shaking she's so insecure, and you know why. I lost a lot of respect for you last night. If she was a bitch, perhaps I could understand but she adores you, and you don't adore her and it's heartbreaking.

She pulled me aside last night and said she was jealous of the way N looks at me because you don't look at her like that. Yous have been together 4 years, and you've been cheating on her for 3 of them. Cop on to yourself and let that poor girl go.

Send this to both of them. That guy's a dick and will never have the courage to leave her.

Send this to both of them. That guy's a dick and will never have the courage to leave her.

I only met her very recently, and of course before that he was going on that she was a bítch and a wagon and a wreck the head but she's mental so he can't leave her in case she kills herself or something. I met her and she's just so devoted to him, she knows everything but can't bring herself to leave him. They had a massive row last night and he bet the shíte out of her and my OH had to intervene and all. I never really understood what toxic relationships look like from the outside until I met them. Horrible watching it from the sidelines having been there myself.

I only met her very recently, and of course before that he was going on that she was a bítch and a wagon and a wreck the head but she's mental so he can't leave her in case she kills herself or something. I met her and she's just so devoted to him, she knows everything but can't bring herself to leave him. They had a massive row last night and he bet the shíte out of her and my OH had to intervene and all. I never really understood what toxic relationships look like from the outside until I met them. Horrible watching it from the sidelines having been there myself.

Scumbag, absolute scumbag, you should have called the Gardai and got him arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

Augmerson wrote: »
    Scumbag, absolute scumbag, you should have called the Gardai and got him arrested.

Easy for you to say. Nothing would happen without a complaint and it could make her even more devoted to him out of guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

HLG,

Is it just bad timing? Is it that, deep down, my heart always wants what it can't have? I feel like I've been teased, not by you, by fate. I've been shown everything I want and now I can't have it, and it feels like nothing will ever match that feeling.

Moving to a different county to you was hard. Moving half way across the world away from you was harder but knowing now with some degree of certainty that I will never see you ever again is most definitely, the hardest.

I hate this feeling. That lump in my throat, that empty sinking feeling in my chest. The eyes puffy and swollen from tears. I haven't seen you since New Years Day but that day is still fresh in my mind. It felt like my heart broke then, but only in anticipation of what I'm feeling now.

Everything about you brings a smile to my face, even the things you think I should hate, I don't. I had 5 years with one person and I struggle to remember being as happy as I was in those 3 months with you. 3 months. It seems ludicrous that I could even be still harbouring something this intense for someone I had known 3 months when I left. But I do.

I can't forget you. I'll admit, I've been trying.Probably not hard enough, seeing as I wear that bracelet you left me every day, without fail. I've been bracing myself for the inevitable. I knew you couldn't stay there. Big fish in a small pond. We've been talking so much since I left, everything from "what's the weather like back home?" to deep and meaningfuls about past relationships and reminiscing about our escapades together. I know how miserable you are back home. It would be selfish of me to expect you to put your life on hold for the whimsical romanticisms of this girl you've been talking to pretty much every day for the past few months. I feel like I could tell you anything, but yet, I still feel like I have to hold back on telling you exactly how I feel. It's not whimsical to me. I wish it felt even remotely whimsical, then it wouldn't hurt so much.

When you told me today that you are going to emigrate next month, I knew I wouldn't hide my disappointment well. I know you know how I feel. Of course you do. I was living in denial thinking you'd be there when I got back.

I said I'd give my left leg to see you again. You said you'd love to see me again too. I said "I guess I'll have to stop missing you now". If only it were that easy.

Sometimes when it really gets me down about not seeing you, like right now, I wonder what it would be like if I never met you. Would I be happier? Probably not. If I had never met you, I would have missed out on that AMAZING feeling I had when I was with you. I wouldn't give up those memories for anything. What we had happened, and nothing can take away those moments we had together.

I've been in love. I know what it feels like. It's cruel and it's lovely all at once. It's just how I'm feeling right now. :( If anything can bring us back together, I only live in hope that it will. xxx

Endymion wrote: »
    Easy for you to say. Nothing would happen without a complaint and it could make her even more devoted to him out of guilt.

It's assault. I don't think you need to make a complaint once somebody assaults you, and as OP said, "bet the ****e out of" a woman. Not trying to argue or derail the thread but I think it should be said all the same, you can't let those things stand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Augmerson wrote: »
    It's assault. I don't think you need to make a complaint once somebody assaults you, and as OP said, "bet the ****e out of" a woman. Not trying to argue or derail the thread but I think it should be said all the same, you can't let those things stand.

Nothing can be done if she refuses to press charges!

Advertisement