Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

I miss you funny friend. I know I probably hurt you, as well as lots of others, and I am sorry it all happened the way it did. You deserved none of it, after all you contributed. I know you did what was best for you, but still.... I miss you.

'n thanks for replying today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I am so crazy in love with you. I am thankful every day that you came into my life and showed me what I'd been missing for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Dear Housemates,
    This is the first night I've had to sleep in a long time, and will be the only night I get to sleep for a long time. Why, why did you have to come in slamming all the doors and roaring for each other? I mean, it wasn't anything to do with one of the housemates who was roaring and the other one is still in a third housemates room shouting about how he f*cked up and how he loves her so much... He's been there for half an hour.

I am under a huge amount of stress and have a mountain of stuff due next week that I'm going to have to pull many an allnighter over the next while and limit the sleep I'm getting the rest of the time, something already happening for the last week. You had already kept me up til one, now you've woken me up again on the one night I allowed myself sleep. I'm going to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Wonderful little family:) I just love spending time with you and am so lucky to have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

SAC - Stop with this over eating!! stop!! stop it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dear me,

Well done. 2 days off the smokes! So delighted with myself. Longest I've ever gone without a smoke. No desire for them.

Long may it last :)

Well done, you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear me,

you're ringing a radio station in an hour to possibly win a prize, so so nervous:o you can do it though! don't forget to breathe

Love,

from writer :)

Well I didn't win anything, although the competition ran all week, I did try, and that's the main thing:) You've come a long way, no way would you have tried to ring a radio station years ago! Well done you:)

Writer x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Dear Whomever,

I just feel so stuck, completely alone and sad, please let things improve soon!

LL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

You fcuked up in work again today.. They should let you go.. Dreading going home now.. hate living with the boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I hate that you do this to me.. you are my best friend, you shouldn't make me cry and feel like sh*t. you were the only one that i had arranged to meet and you stand me up and then no word from you at all. I basically apologise for doing absolutely nothing wrong because I can't stand you not talking to me and still nothing.
    If something happened, and you couldn't make it I would have understood..completely ignoring me is just childish and I guess you don't value this friendship as much as I do. Which makes me really sad because I have so few friends these days and can't afford to lose another one even if you do act like this I still love you to bits..

just.talk.to.me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I hate that you do this to me.. you are my best friend, you shouldn't make me cry and feel like sh*t. you were the only one that i had arranged to meet and you stand me up and then no word from you at all. I basically apologise for doing absolutely nothing wrong because I can't stand you not talking to me and still nothing.
    If something happened, and you couldn't make it I would have understood..completely ignoring me is just childish and I guess you don't value this friendship as much as I do. Which makes me really sad because I have so few friends these days and can't afford to lose another one even if you do act like this I still love you to bits..

just.talk.to.me

I know exactly how this feels. Supposed best friends don't ignore the other. I know what it feels like xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Lads,

You guys are the reason why I'm convinced I won't become a cat lady, that not all men are abusive narcissists. Keep up being amazingly compassionate, caring, thoughtful and funny people. The female world salutes you.

Love (not romantically),
    Your female "One of the lads" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

U. Will you please stop comparing your child to mine. If my child does an exam or joins a group you don't have to make yours do it. Stop questioning my children to ask what they are doing. Just stop comparing and watching because its getting stressfull, and this is why I keep a lot of things quiet. If my children take up something it's because they want to.

Just Relax!! Ask your child what she wants to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

K,

Thanks for a good night last night, needed that! Oh and forgot to say thanks for the breakfast ;)

give us a text next week, twas fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

sammyjo90 wrote: »

just.talk.to.me

I know exactly what you're talking about. It is so hurtful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear A

The texts you sent me really upset me. After reading it I started to cry. I could have rang and had an argument with you. Instead I wrote down the texts, how I felt and I then rang a friend of mine and got advice.

I must say that blocking me from your facebook page was childish - did you think that I would put up some private information about us that all your friends would see?
    Perhaps it was the case that this weekend you were planning to meet someone or do something that you did not want me to know about.

The truth is we have known each other a long time. I was there a lot for you in the past and I deserve a lot better than this from you. You have this dream you are sure
    is going to happen but the reality is this will be a nightmare if it happens.

I did not put any pressure on you. I did not say anything to any of your friends. I know that you just waiting for me to make contact with you but the reality is that after the texts you sent me I have decided to leave this for a few days. I know this is not what your expecting but tough luck.

At this stage you have two choices. One will require you to have an honest look at your life and the other is hanging on to a dream that will become a nightmare.
    It is time for you to grow up, move on with your life and to move on from the past. You have been given a great chance to do this but instead you decide to do what you have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Nanny,

Please don't take him now. I'm not ready to say goodbye to him, you can't have him just yet. Please.

Love lala

Granda,

please hang on, the doctors will make you better. Please get well. I love you.

Love lala

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Dear me,

Stop accepting shi*t treatment from sh*t people, you can do better, and you deserve better. You WILL be happy again. Stop panicking. This will pass.

Hey bc, looks like lucky lewis had a good year, hope you are having a good one too,
    ciao
    K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Dear Mam.

I really need you. The last 7 weeks have been hell. It's been exactly 49 days today since I last spoke to you. I never realised how much I needed you until you were taken away. The patronizing things I have had said to me since your death have made me want to punch people right in the chops.... but obviously that's not very ladylike and that's just my anger. "Well at least she didn't suffer" "sure isn't it better that she went quick" ( both of which are not even true :( )

Shut.. the.. FCUK.. UP

Nobody in this world has a clue what I'm going through, because I'm me and you were you. How could they possibly know what we had between us, nobody could understand. Not even Dad or my brothers. What we had didn't exist to anyone else but us. It was our world that we shared between the 2 of us and nobody else.

I think about your death so many times a day I don't even know why I bother putting make up on anymore. I cannot get your last 2 days of life out of my head. It replays over and over and I really want it to go away. Your last words to me, the smell of your skin, how soft it was, how you struggled to breath, how all you cared about was me, your only daughter. The last hour of your life is something I wish I never saw.

One thing I guess is a good thing, I will be one tough cookie from now on. Again. I know for a fact Naomi is minding you. I told her to take your hand in hers and keep you safe. At your funeral when I was hugging someone, I looked up at the sky and saw that feather floating down almost right on top of my face. That's enough for me to know you're where you should be.

Don't know how I am coping at home. 4 men. And me. It's been hell. It really has. They all have their issues and the fact that I don't care about them makes it harder to stay there. I just don't care. All I care about was you. I feel so sorry for Dad. He doesn't know what life is anymore. I mind him for you though, he needs to be minded. Please make sure he is ok and his hospital stuff goes alright. Cannot face losing him aswell.

I heard a saying today that really got to me. "The only people who think there's a time limit on grief, have never lost a piece of their heart. Take all the time you need" That saying really matters a lot to me. If only my job could be compassionate and less heartless but hey, I'm just a number in here anyway. I know you'll give me the strength and courage to get out of here finally after 5 miserable years.

I miss you terrible Mam.

Please stay with me in my darkest hours x x x I seem to have them a lot more than bright ones.
    Love
    R x x x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Remember this feeling. Remember that you can feel like this, that you have felt like this, and that you will feel it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vautour

beks101 wrote: »
    Of all the conversations we had. All the late night heart-to-hearts, the heated debates, the revelations, the delights and the sorrows and the endless chattering.
    We never spoke about death. Your death. You dying. Suddenly, prematurely.
    And I have this pressing, urgent, desperate need to know how you would process all of this. In that brilliant head of yours. What would you think, what would you feel? Were you at peace? Or were you indignant, irate, horribly inconvenienced and just completely pissed at your impending demise?
    'Ah, fcuk sake!'
    I can imagine you making a joke about that.
    God, you loved your life. You loved it too much to lose it.
    Were you aware at all?

Because I just can’t stop thinking, ‘you didn’t know it was coming’.
    You didn’t know, you didn’t know, you didn’t know.
    The last time I met you, you had four months to live. And you had no idea.

And all the small moments.
    Watching you play with that little kid in the aftermath of our friend’s wedding.
    The odd, colourful socks that were your trademark.
    Heading out for a cigarette with you and having the same old ‘I don’t actually smoke, you know’ conversations.
    Sitting across from you on the bus after a few hectic, boozy days. Secretly watching you engaged in that book, wrapped up in your own little world of knowledge and knowing and learning and thinking, ‘that’s why he's so smart. I need to read more.’

And now those small moments, those human moments that everyone takes for granted will never happen to you anymore. There is no ‘you’ anymore. And that thought alone seems to completely degrade and de-base the very essence of who you were - it seems to undermine you completely - and yet it’s just a fact, a cold and disturbing reality.
    That’s. Just. Life.

And I don’t want that to define the way I view the world, because I always believed so strongly in goodness. Goodness always found me; I’ve been so very lucky even in my most unlucky moments.
    But there’s just no goodness in this.
    There's no lesson, there's no reason, no justice, no natural order.

There is no 'you' anymore.

I wonder where that book is now. Probably lying under a pile in your room somewhere, along with your smokes and several hundred pairs of odd socks. Just lying there.
    Like you, now.

I will miss you for the rest of my life.
    so sad to read this. One of the most beautiful written pieces I have ever read.

Dear S

We broken up 7 months ago but I still think about you every day, as much as I try to forget about you I can't. I still love you. Breaking up was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, it felt like it came out of nowhere. A month before hand we were talking about moving to Canada together. Then to see you start a new relationship a week later hurt even more.

We went through so much together, the surgeries and the funerals, without ever doubting each other. I trusted you completely but it felt like you just spat that back in my face.

Everyday I want to write to you and tell you I still love you. I see videos and hear songs and think how much you would like them, I can't help it. But I want you to be happy and if he makes you happier than I could I won't.

It's hard, I was down near you for work the other day and it brought everything back.

I really hope you are happy and I'm right not talking to you. But I can't help wondering what if. I've always gone after something 100% if it was important to me and you still are more important than anyone or anything else to me.

N

Dear bf,
    I know our relationship isn't exactly the most clingy in the world and that's something I admire about it but this is starting to take the mick. I get you have work, and I get you enjoy the company of your friends but you have got to stop prioritising them over me every single time! I have way more work than you and still try and make time but when I do, you don't have time because you can't drag yourself away from your friends for longer than an hour or two. I have to initate everything, we barely spoke for a full week last week because I was really busy but you made no effort to even pop out to say hi. I have to walk fourty minutes to your freezing cold house every evening I do call out, despite the fact you have a bike and takes you half the time and despite the fact you don't need about seven layers at night just to be able to sleep in my room. Even when you're here for dinner, you get a text from your friends wondering when you're coming back.

Just now, after not seeing you for days again, you've told me that I can call out but you'll just be working until one the morning. This is despite knowing that I am under a huge amount of pressure but still got up early this last few mornings to get as much work done as possible in order to see you this evening because I know you're away for the weekend, making it another week before I see you. I wouldn't mind but last week, you thought it was only two days! It's really starting to upset me now and I feel so conflicted because I'm usually made dinner when I get there and you're great in every other way. I don't know how I should feel about it... I'm exhausted and I just need a cuddle :(

Dear B

What happened between us meant something to me. I think you know that there is something between us but your afraid to changes things due some thing you believe in regards to your ex.

The texts you sent me were hurtful. Rather that ringing you and having an argument I decided to ignore them. Along with this you then removed me as a friend off your facebook page. After a few days of me not contacting you I got a friend request via facebook from you.
    I know your busy at the moment but I want you to reply to the texts I sent you.
    The reality is that I need to meet you. We both need to sit down and talk like adults about things.

Your friends have noticed that there could be something between us. You don't know about the conversation that myself and your friend A had but she is very perceptive.

We have both gone though some hard times in the past few years.
    We can't change the past but it is time for both of us to look towards the future.

JP....stop pushing my buttons and back the heyull off

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Fcuk you trip advisor. All the emails "plan your trip to Venice this year" are you kidding me?! Why would I want to go back and do that holiday all over again? The emails have been constant and slightly taunting! Gah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear Ed Sheeran,

Marry me. That is all.

xPPx

I felt sick inside, when I overheard my new neighbours arguing last night. I remembered the pain I went through on every holiday with you - your undiluted rage that came out of the simplest things and sometimes out of nowhere... and I never knew what would cause it.

In the past few years, since we haven't been together, I have been sad that you ruined the good things we had going for us... but after last night, I can be thankful that you took me away from all that hurt... I no longer have to feel sick inside and worry what will set you off.

And to my new fueding neighbours... You can't understand it now, but it isn't worth it - I've been where you are at and the abuse won't get better. I don't understand why people hurt the ones they love... we should cling to the goodness that is in each other and revel in our togetherness...But sometimes, we have to listen to the whisperings of our heart and leave (I know how hard that is - I fought it for too long, until the decision was taken out of my hands). There is something better than how you are living now, I've seen it. I wish you knew that. I wish you could turn your relationship around, but I know better...and unfortunately you will have to learn the same painful lesson. :( ...and that made we weep for you last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I'm confused, I feel let down by you both but more by you, you are suppose to be my friends. I was there for you both earlier this year, I didn't judge either of you particularly Z.

This is the second time this year that you have both not only judged, taken someone else's side but also ignored me.

I know he is his brother and that's why I'm the one to blame, but it's half his fault too.

I'm hurt and annoyed and I'm not sure if the type of friendship I want is with two people who judge me so easily.

Also your judgement and Zs interference has already caused me my friendship with him and I'm angry about that!

Advertisement