Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Thanks for the midnight text. Too bad I can't count on you, Doc.
    But sometimes you surprise me with the kindest thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

No hassle, you don't want to keep in touch, that's fine. In my opinion, you shouldn't throw friendship aside easily, but I'm accepting that is your choice, and I will respect it. You will hear no more from me. I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

You let me down. Right at the very point where I was getting over all the sh*t from the last two years and was finally able to trust again. Cheers for that.

Seriously, why didn't you choose me?! There is only one thing worse than the friendzone, it's the being the "single friend of a happy couple-zone" ...Was a surprise to see you today. I don't know why I miss you, but I do. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't be so shy this time around.

being shy bites :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

id love to see us in your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

I really don't want to go back to being the strong heart less bitch I was before but I need some of that strength again why are you continuing to let people put you down you are better than this you can do it

M- you have made my working day miserable every day for the last 5 months just trying to make yourself look good well you won I'm out but what annoys me more is I still feel sorry for you after all you have been through but that's ok I know I'm a better person because I would never treat anyone the way you treat me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Please god let me get this job

Got the job :O thanks god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Got the job :O thanks god!

Congrats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Got the job  thanks god!
    I'm delighted for you!

The woman can barely walk and you think it's okay to parade her up and down the corridors of the hospital to keep up appearances? Get a grip. You're actually being cruel.

• Advertisement

I don't understand your plan, God. Please, can't you see how she suffers? Doesn't your heartbreak to watch her in so much pain? and her familys' struggles? I wish you could comfort them, I mean really comfort them. :mad: ...the rest of us are little comfort to them I am afraid - everything we do falls short, cos all they really need is what we can't offer.

I always knew this job was only temporary, but I'm dreading finishing. I don't even know when I'm meant to leave, it's all up in the air. But when I do leave, please, someone give me a chance and don't make me go back to unemployment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why do I care so much? It's stupid. You're not even my type.

Dear toxic family

Stop putting me down. Just stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Don't crack now only a few more weeks and can walk away and never look back

Please please please be there tonight. And if you are, please please please may I have the nerve to tell you how I feel.

Dear B

I am sitting here and I have just read the messages you sent me. What do want me to say?
    Do you have any idea how I feel about you? In the past 3 months you got back with your ex girlfriend thinking she had changed only to find out that she has been using you. You and I had a very passionate moment in the past few days and you told me that you were braking up with A.

We were chatting earlier this week but I had not heard from you in a few days. I knew that you had a busy week so I sent you a text yesterday to see if you were ok.
    I was expecting you to tell me that you broke up with D.
    Once you did this I had planned to meet you. I wanted you to know exactly how I felt about you and to chat about what we both wanted in the future.

Instead you sent me those messages. What do you expect me to say? It appears that you have not broken up with A.
    Meanwhile you and D kissed. She told you she loves you after knowing you for years.
    You asked her to marry you years ago but she said no to you then.
    I wonder why she suddenly knows that she loves you?
    It would be like finding out the love of your life after winning the lotto and going public.

I can't believe that you could do this to me. Did you think it was fun to keep leading me on thinking that within a short period of time we would be a couple? Do have any idea of how I feel about you? I would have made major changes to my life to have you as a boyfriend. I was looking forward to making love to you, to going as a normal couple and to getting to know you better.
    The sad thing is that you have no idea just how heart broken I am here after you doing this. At this stage you and D are welcome to each other. You were offered a diamond but instead you picked up a stone from the gutter.
    Some day you will see this but by then I will have moved on with my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

As Prince sang: "It's such a shame our friendship had to end..."

All these years on, it still hurts. Not as much as it used to, but it still does...

I miss our chats about music, the 80s, stuff we read as kids like Enid Blyton. I really really really miss those chats. But that will never happen again because of too much water under the bridge, and it makes me sad if I think about it...
    If it seems like I don't give a hoot anymore, well that's not the case. I do. I really do. But you hurt me beyond belief, and I can never fully let that go... :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Ok here goes I didnt mean for how I felt about her to come out the way it did but at least it is out in the open. Im fed up of someone else dictating what we can and cannot do & if you want me around you know now what you have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

@Venus in Furs...

We all have an old friend like that who we can never forget.
    I have a few regrets about people who meant the world to me in times passed, who are now virtual strangers for what in perspective were petty reasons.
    I wonder sometimes if life is too short for these regrets.
    This Yeats poem is hanging on the wall in my childhood home in Galway and it has always stayed with me -

Though you are in your shining days,
    Voices among the crowd
    And new friends busy with your praise,
    Be not unkind or proud,
    But think about old friends the most:
    Time's bitter flood will rise,
    Your beauty perish and be lost
    For all eyes but these eyes.

• Advertisement

Dear Technology Gods... seriously, you have me in tears... I can't make any of this work, and I try so hard! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I wish I could just switch off my craving for chocolate. I hate it so much that I want to rip it out of my stomach every time I eat it. But it's so hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Dear... YOU!!

You made me feel so bad about everything when you were here this week - my life, my home, my appearance, the presents I spent hours picking out for you. I'm only just coming out of the low mood you put me in. Why am I such a bully magnet when it comes to friendships? I'm so sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

You sent me stuff that didn't work out 2 DAYS before my final year thesis is due. How are you allowed to be a supervisor?? Seriously I would have had this thing done weeks ago if you hadn't screwed up so many things for me :(

Me - Just keep swimming...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Dear me, Things have been hard over the last few months but you can get back on the wagon and continue losing weight. You will do this just keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

seriously, why are you texting me? "How was your christmas?" like you give a damn? You really do think I'm a fool, go fuk yourself I dont need or want you anymore....I've moved on for the better.

Just fuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Dear me,

Stop worrying about your health and just take care of yourself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Get your arse on that bike woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Naid23 wrote: »
    Get your arse on that bike woman!

Now dont you feel better for doing it! Manchester in 2 weeks just keep reminding yourself of that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

To my beloved grandmother,

We buried you today, after you being on this earth for nearly 98 years and slipping away, in your typical gentle manner, on Saturday morning.

The marking of your passing, from Saturday to today, was massive. You were so loved and respected and well known for only the best reasons. I shook over a thousand hands. You'd have been morto - you were such a humble woman. :)
    The drive today, through the mountains, to the little town which was your home for about 60 years, was simply breath-taking, covered in a silver veil of snow - a fitting scene for your departure; the beauty of the work carried out by the God you so profoundly believed in.

We are overjoyed that we had so many years with you, and that you died purely of old age "wear and tear" and had no cancer, no heart trouble, no lung problems, mind as sharp as a nail until the bitter end - no flies on you whatsoever! :)
    But the frame that held it all together began to deteriorate aggressively once you reached the start of your 90s; your poor bones became so fragile, your once strong, matronly body became so, so tiny and frail. The physical pain from this became unbearable, and I eventually wanted you to be able to go to your rest, and your suffering to end... and was glad the discomfort ended on Saturday morning, following beautiful, loving, gentle, kind care from the staff in the hospice, and in the hospital before that, and by my auntie who was your full-time carer for five or six years before that. And from my dad and uncles and other auntie, and also from my mother, whom you adored, with her great nursing know-how - she was like a third daughter to you, and the two of you had a very special relationship.

You made each one of your grandchildren feel like they had a special and unique bond with you, and as for your children... well my heart simply shatters over and over for them. My uncle the priest who gave the amazing sermon today said he always thought it wouldn't be so bad when they're very old... but that he was wrong. As he said then, nothing prepares you for the loss of your mother and best friend, and the void left will be massive. Hearing my dad say, through tears this morning: "Come on in everyone, let's say goodbye to Mam" will slightly destroy me for a long time to come. My auntie, your youngest, who turned 60 yesterday, crying for her mother, will too. My other auntie who is always so happy-go-lucky, and my uncles who are always just great craic... all cried for their mother these few days; it's one of the most devastating things in the world to see men and women in their 60s return to childlike vulnerability like that.

You died very old, and of old age, and peacefully, no pain for about two weeks once you lost consciousness (which I'm so glad was the day after Christmas Day, as you loved Christmas) and it could have been a terrible alternative: but for fate being so good to us, we could have lost you suddenly, the way you lost our granddad, your beloved husband, nearly 34 years ago (seeing your coffin lowered in right beside his grave today wasn't sad though, it was beautiful and so comforting to think of you being reunited with him after the devastation of his loss, which you never fully came to terms with). For this, we are indescribably thankful. You left us in the most natural way possible, surrounded by loved ones, as you had asked for. You got to meet eight of your great grandchildren. There is so much to be positive about.

So then... why won't the tears just stop? Because despite all of the above, it still felt like you'd be here forever, and the realisation that you, the immovable, immortal-seeming woman that you were, is gone forever now... is extraordinarily difficult to get our heads around.
    But we will - and the knowledge you'd want us to, will get us there. We will all be closer to each other over the next while too (not that we were ever not close - we're a very lucky family) because family is everything; an important lesson you taught us.

I don't know if I believe in God (sorry!) but I like to think you're nearby in some form, and I'll be in touch a lot, hoping hard that you'll hear me.

Love you and miss you my beautiful granny, rest in peace.

Your firstborn's only daughter. xx

Advertisement