Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

why did you have to get into my head again....ugh, will this ever end...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ShivaDark

Dear family,

I hate how you've made me feel inferior all my life.

Dear parents,

I hate how you both have no idea who I am and just perceive me as the female version of your son. I'm a not the fame hungry extravert that you believe me to be.

I'm your shy socially awkward daughter who you've never tried to relate with in those years you wasted in the pub drinking your lives away.

Enjoy your old age without me.

Dear 'friends'

Thanks for ignoring me for these last ten years. I really enjoyed seeing that you where out clubbing in the town that I lived in, knowing that you never once invited me out.

I really *like* having a one sided friendship with you all. I'm sure you've noticed the lack of communication between us as I no longer have the motivation to try anymore.

Thanks for not being there when I needed you but you always ran to me when everything went wrong with your lives. I was there for you and helped you get back on your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

I go thru my days in relative contentment until one moment happens - someone says your name, or winks at me the way you did, or a song you used to sing gets played; and at once I am transported to all our yesteryears. I get lost in forever ago. I lose myself, and time stands still until I am jolted back into reality.

I remember it all like it was yesterday. The way you looked at me, your mischievous wink, the clench of your jaw and furrowed brow when you were mad with me (which was :) all the time). Your crazy laugh and caring smile. The way your presence filled a room; and if I was in it, you never let me feel less than your Goddess, no matter who you were with. You were everything to me and you made me feel like I was your world. We were whole then, even in the worst of circumstances. I am lost without you... still. How does that poem go? " He was my North, my South, my East and West, my working week and my Sunday rest, my noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong."

I can't believe what has become of my life - like it's all a big cosmic misunderstanding and I'm trapped in some alternate universe, this one without you and I can never find my way back home again and nothing I do or say will make it right again.

"The stars are not wanted now: put out every one; pack up the moon and dismantle the sun; pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood for nothing now can ever come to any good."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello B
    I am glad your ok after what happened to you. I got a fright when I heard this. I have been in contact with A to see how you were. I wonder will she read the messages between you and me. I think that things will change between you if she does.
    I will be in contact with you soon and I will call over to see you.
    I have not forgot that we planned to met up soon to have a chat.
    Who knows what will happen next but as they say "may you live in interesting times".

I wish things weren't so complicated.
    I wish I could have been everything you need.
    I wish our careers wouldn't get in the way of our lives.
    I wish I could have been OK with this complicated thing from the word go.

I wish I hadn't taken this thing between us for granted; for disbelieving it, for belittling it, for playing it down in my head. I did it for protection, you know. Same old tricks with me. Deep down I'm scared and very, very used to being single. I was maybe a bit hesitant, a bit cautious, a bit deflective. I wish I could take that all back now.

I wish you had this part of you worked out; I wish you had your head straight with it so that dating wouldn't be such a minefield.
    I wish I had seen you more.
    I wish I had made more time to spend with you, instead of sitting back and waiting.
    I wish I had known that would switch you off to me; that it would make you withdraw.
    I wish I hadn't been so like your ex, the one who broke your heart and made you like this.

In many ways I wish this fire, this energy, this ease between us never existed, because when I think of all these factors that make us incompatible, it just seems so cruel. This impossible force of nature that makes it so hard to know that I can't be with you. I can't hold your hand again; I can't hold your heart in mine.

Because above all, I wish I was in your warm bed tonight. I wish I was lying in your arms with my head on your chest, listening to your heart beat. I wish I could hear you laugh again.

I wish this didn't hurt so much.
    I wish I could stop crying.
    I wish for once, I could catch a break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

seriously, why are you texting me? "How was your christmas?" like you give a damn? You really do think I'm a fool
    why did you have to get into my head again....ugh, will this ever end...
    SAC, I reckon from my reading of your posts above that what you're referring to is similar to something I experienced.
    Believe in yourself, it will fade. Unfortunately it will take time, but I promise it will. The key is to keep your mind off it. Really really really fill your time and mind with other things. If you can't avoid it (due to circumstances) still fill your time and mind with other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mod
    Please don't reply to posts, chat or give advice, this thread is not the place for that!
    Thanks.

I don't get it. I've had way too much of your kind influencing my life. Live and let live, or just leave me be.

Meanness isn't becoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M - ya knew you wouldnt pick up the phone.....not gonna bother anymore...go use someone else

R - if you werent a married man ld jump you! your just such a lovely fella, lucky Mrs R :P

I am still gobsmacked after what you told me so casually the other night..
    So shocked I was too upset to go to work today. I'm still reeling after my mam dying 4 months ago so suddenly, and you just blurt that out.

You always just think of yourself. Never once would you put yourself in my shoes. How would you feel if I randomly said that to you? I'm sure you'd be as shocked as me.

I'm so hurt I can't even breathe properly. How could I trust you to do that? I can only see a dark tunnel for us now, I genuinely think this could be the deal breaker now. You blank me all day and then send back happy texts as if nothing happened, I poured my heart out to you in mail and you didn't even reply.. I honestly think I know what the choice is going to be, I don't think I'm strong enough to deal with it.

Just cannot believe you thought this would be a good idea, now of all times.

You promised me a few weeks ago that you would be there for me, because you had really let me down up until that point. And mere weeks later here we are..

You've crushed me to pieces. I don't deserve that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

How do you know when a relationship has run its course? I'm getting annoyed at everything you say and do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

A: just really, stop and think about what I'm up to these days, does it really seem like I'm doing okay? Are you that self absorbed or am I downplaying it far more than I think I am?

B: I'm glad to hear you're finally getting some help but I'm mostly glad I wasn't the one you done that to

Me: Google those space blanket things whenever you wake up, they seem cool

You smiled. I saw in the few seconds before I was blinded by tears and put my head in my hands that you were smiling. It wasn't an accidental smile that happens sometimes in an awkward moment. It was a smile of pure delight. You were absolutely delighted that your words had had that effect on me, delighted that you now knew you could hurt me. You covered up that nasty little smirk quickly, but I saw it. I can't get the image out of my head. That's why I decided your " new year, new start " resolution was a load of crap. That's why I ignored all your efforts to contact me. And that's why we will never be friends again.

Bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Job: i hate you, i really do but im not gonna let you drag me down any more.
    car: thanks alot for copping out on. E- just awesome espec when i dont have the money.
    Some birthday week- been nothing but bad news all week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

"Well... beggars can't be choosers".

So I should string lads along and agree to dates then? Even when I know damn well I have no feelings for them?

Yes, I am sick of being single, but I'm not going to date someone if I not interested in them. I've tried it before because people said similar things and it clearly doesn't work for me, and I also get called nasty things for "leading the poor guy on".

You may want to tell your new boyfriend that stating on facebook that your anniversary is in August even though you and me didn't break up till the end of September is classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear R

I would love to see you again, just to talk for ten minutes even. I would explain properly what happened and apologize for the way I behaved over something so small.

I should have trusted you, you were everything to me the most caring man I have ever known, I still think of you so much, I want to text you but I am afraid you wont reply or if you do it will hurt even more than it already does.

I know its been a couple of months and my gut instinct is that you have moved on but there is a small part of me that is hopeful. I am in a better place, I have worked on myself a lot, I truly didn't like myself when I was with you, I think that's why it was so hard. I want you to be happy anyway that's the main thing and I'm truly sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

When someone is dithering around in work, not getting to the point, engaging in copious amount of f*cking foreplay before getting to the main event* and in general just dicking around and spluttering and so on:

Skip to 0:12

*Not literal foreplay. I love that sh*t. Just the way some people feel the need to keep the tension high and keep massaging their ego before getting to the point of what they're saying!

Dear L,

I'm not sure why you have been playing on my mind of late but one thing is for sure; I'm so glad we're no longer friends. For years I downplayed what you did but I grew up in a similar environment to you and I never bullied anyone else. Your sick mind games ruined at least two years of school for me, I used to pray that you wouldn't leave me out or make a spectacle of me. The worst part of this is that we were supposed to be friends. I brought you into my friend group even when everyone thought you were a bitch - and they were bloody right! More fool me. My self-esteem was so low at the time (thanks to you picking out every small flaw) that I didn't actually realise that you were jealous of me. That's pathetic and you're cruel. The amount of times I stuck my neck on the line for you, I actually despair to think of it. I honestly hope I never see you again, I haven't ran into you in over two years now and I am so very glad for that. I hope the next poor fool who takes pity on you is a lot less naive than me. Someone so spiteful, manipulative and callous should come with a warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

To lovely Me...

Why at the tender age of 5 years of age did you decide to close your heart so no one could hurt you again... its only you that is hurting yourself now.

Much love Me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

We are supposed to be friends so why do you ignore my texts and phonecalls. The only time I hear from you is when you need me or when you want to go for a drink. Well I wont be calling anymore because I have enough friends and family who care and I don't need this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I dont want you to move to a different country.

But i dont want to hold you back.

Brava for a life well lived. Well now, you got your wish, no more misery! Give 'em hell in heaven ya crazy one! But look down upon us once in awhile - your going left a whole in your mans heart. Don't take him too soon, she needs him to stick around a bit and restore some normalcy to her broken heart. You and I both owe that sweet woman a debt of gratitude. Goodbye old girl, was a pleasure knowing you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

We accept the love we think we deserve, and I fear that you're accepting a lot less than you are worth.

I wish you could see yourself through my eyes, through B's eyes, through J's eyes, and see how fantastic you are and how you deserve the world. But I know that has to come from within and all I can do is hope it does some time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

I am done with the lot of you..you are supposed to be adults but act like children..actually children wouldn't get away with the carry on of the lot of you..grow up!! From now on I focus on myself and my life..no more crap!!

One thing, keep meaning to ask you, but would you mind getting onto your best friend and telling her that she can stop with the "anonymous" emails. Thus far, since August there have been nearly 400 and honestly I don't need to wake up in the morning to an email that reads "we hpe u bury ur 1st born then famly find u hangin at home" or "we hpe u killself, we want brake ur legs but beter u comit sucide."

PS, I also don't need texts updating me on your life and relationship, I actually got over you quite some time back and am enjoying life so no need to keep me informed.

Hello B
    Well karma is coming back to bite you now. You have been playing with me for months. I have put up with you going back to A and D. Your now with D and she is showing you now what you are involved with. She is going to keep using you now after this happened.
    Does she not realise that I can see right through her?
    I am going to meet you and tell you what to do next to get away from her and her toxic family.
    At this stage you need to listen to what I am saying to you otherwise they will be living in your home in the next few weeks.
    If you decide not to listen to me I am not going to be around to watch you **** up your life any further.

Right so, you are teaching me the lesson never to ask or expect help from others. I thought I learned that long ago, but hey, I must have forgotten. Disappointment-R-Us when you offer or I ask and you simply don't show up. Please don't ask me for help again... I seem to bend over backwards anytime you say jump. I am no longer at your beck and call - don't just show up whenever or expect me to change any plans when you text. Why do you even bother with me anyway, if your life is so incredibly perfect?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dear K

How long more do we have too wait for the whiskey, cake and strawberry Jellies?

Advertisement