Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

To my lecturer and the universe,

Thank you so much for helping pass my exam. 3 days later and I'm still surprised that I passed!

To my parents,
    Thank for all your support, only 3 more to go and I'll be done. I don't really ever tell you how much I appreciate you both and love you. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

It feels right go for it you deserve happiness x

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

O,

Thanks for being such an incredible person.

You make me laugh, you motivate me, you challenge me, you treat me like a princess but best of all you treat me with respect.

Even though you don't see it or recognise it, you really are incredible.

I am a very lucky lady to have you in my life.

Thank you for loving me, I love you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Do you ever feel like someone is playing mind games with you? I wish they'd **** off out of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

God damn you, why did you have to kiss me?! Why did you have to turn my head and make me feel like the hottest woman on earth?! Now I can't stop thinking about you. I tried hard to resist, listen to my conscience. My man is a good man, he's a good father,he's a good partner, he's just not the best in the bed department. Your wife is lovely, you love her, I like her but you have the same issue. Now you're telling me you're not sure?! You tell me you don't know if you can do anything about it when I cannot get you out of my head. What the hell is that about?! We're in our 30s,we're not kids. Life wasn't supposed to be like this, I was supposed to be finished with this kind of nonsense. I feel like I've been set back 15 years. The things is, because of the people we know we're gonna be around each other. It's not like I'm a stranger. Something will happen eventually. It's impossible to mix this level of mutual attraction and alcohol without consequences. But I wish I had taken advantage of the opportunities we had. Then I might have gotten it out of my system. Til then I guess I continue to feel like a complete fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear B

You said it would be a long long time before you settled down, that you had no interest in relationships. but my heart broke when I saw the pictures of your beautiful girlfriend. I guess all this stuff over the past two years was nothing. I had a lovely man and I pretty much blew it all for you, the mr unavailable that has a hold over me for me for what seems so long.

I thought the ice was thawing at Christmas time with you and I, you said 'There must be a reason why we are still drawn to each other' we joked that we would both be over our commitment phobia by the age of 50 and end up married. I was not enough for you,clearly.

I thought I wouldn't care if you got a girlfriend but this hurts more than I ever imagined, Why can I never be enough for anybody? why her and not me? questions so stupid that I would never asked but they will be etched on my mind forever. I want to wish you well, but I'm not feeling it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Happy birthday, grandad. I miss you so much. Not even two years, but it feels like you've been gone a lifetime.

I wish I believed in heaven, to believe you're looking over us all, so I could tell you we're looking after gran just as you'd have demanded if you were here.

I love you and I miss you so damn much. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

P,

you're so so soooo lovely....feels like lv known you years!

Thank you. Thank you so much for just being you.
    You are incredible and kind and loving and sexy and quite literally everything and more I could have ever dreamed of. And you love me too.

Only good things have happened since you came into my life, and only good things will continue to happen. I have loved every single second of knowing you, and the best is yet to come.

I am sorry for my emotional episode last night. It comes from knowing what life is like without you in it, and I don't ever want that to be the case.

I love you from the bottom of my heart and I cannot wait to be your wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Why are you doing this to me?
    I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't just be. I'm shaking and crying all the time, I have literally turned into a different person. I'm snapping at everything and everyone.
    Why are you lying? Just please tell the truth. Please. I'm actually begging you. I can't go through this for months waiting for this to go to court to prove that you are lying, because it will be proven.
    You are so so fúcking horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear my body,

seriously, give me a break, I'm tired of being in pain with stomach cramps/runs to the loo and migraines. I want to enjoy life and not be sick regularly!

love, writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

your opinion of me....is none of my business

God damn you, why did you have to kiss me?! Why did you have to turn my head and make me feel like the hottest woman on earth?! Now I can't stop thinking about you. I tried hard to resist, listen to my conscience. My man is a good man, he's a good father,he's a good partner, he's just not the best in the bed department. Your wife is lovely, you love her but you have the same issue. Now you're telling me you're not sure?! You tell me you don't know if you can do anything about it when I cannot get you out of my head. What the hell is that about?! We're in our 30s,we're not kids. Life wasn't supposed to be like this, I was supposed to be finished with this kind of nonsense. I feel like I've been set back 15 years. The things is, because of the people we know we're gonna be around each other. It's not like I'm a stranger. Something will happen eventually. It's impossible to mix this level of mutual attraction and alcohol without consequences. But I wish I had taken advantage of the opportunities we had. Then I might have gotten it out of my system. Til then I guess I continue to feel like a complete fool. One night you text away no problem, then other nights (like tonight) you haven't the time or the energy etc etc. You've completely messed with my head and now I feel like I'm missing something in my life. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

you're playing me like a damn fiddle and I'm sick of it. of course you're asleep when I wanna sort it out! argh!

Happy Valentine's day.
    It's a stupid day, we both know that.
    But I still miss you and it still hurts.
    I wish you still wanted me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

We are together over five years, yet I'm still getting butterflies and feeling the way I used to feel when we just started going out, thinking about seeing you on Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have never felt so lucky, so happy. I've never had so much fun. I've never been looked after so well. Thank you. Thank you so much for everything. I love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I want to be sure.
    I want to know what's going on.
    I need to know where I stand.
    I need to see you and talk.

You fúcking bitch.
    This is what you've done to me. I'm sitting here panicking about a car journey that's going to take place in 16 hours time. This isn't right. Why couldn't you just have paid attention to what was in front of you? Why me?
    I can't go through all this again. The last 3 years have financially crippled me and I have had no life apart from medical appointments, work and legal matters. Do you think that's fair for a 27 year old woman? 3 years of my life wasted. Now, I'm heading into another indefinite period of more medical bills and legal issues.
    And you are lying about it all, which makes it even worse. How can you do this to me? Do you even care? What effect has any of this had on you? You're probably gone back to work, the minimal damage to your car repaired, just moving on.
    While I am stuck in bed nearly all day because I can't walk with the pain in my back, even lying down is painful. I haven't slept properly in nearly 2 weeks. I'm like a space cadet from all the medication I'm on.
    My bike is wrote off so now I have to wait on money from your insurance company to buy a new bike but you're lying so who knows how long that will take, although at the moment I physically can't drive anyway. In the meantime, I have no way of leaving my house. Physically and mentally I am restricted but because of what you have done I need to go to the doctor, the chemist, my solicitor, and all of that by taxi. Last week I paid out €300 in expenses related to what you have caused, so far this week €150, next week it'll be another €300. I am not made of money. What do I do when it runs out, just suffer on in pain?

Oh and a special thanks goes out to all my "friends". Not one of you has offered to help out. NOT ONE. Seriously. You're all within a very short driving distance of this house. It's so easy to post messages on facebook but when it comes down to it words on a screen are of zero help to me. Yet again, you have all shown yourselves for what you really are, certainly not deserving of the title "friend".

To whomever left the anonymous Valentines gift at my door today, make yourself known ~ youre freaking me out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

"My naked body only belongs to those who fall in love with my naked soul"

How can you move on so fast? I'm still standing still. I knew it would be you that moves on and not me. Is it because I loved you more? I want you to keep moving on and don't ever come back for me. I still love you but I'm confused to who I was loving still. How do I move on if the ground I walk upon has no path still? I will go back to that place when I'm ready to fully let you go.

Is it really difficult for a mother to love her daughter? Is it insanely difficult ? Am i such a terrible person? Am i unlovable? Why can't you be nice to me? I thought things were much better than they used to be but it's just like being a teenager. Sometimes I don't feel safe.

Why did you have to get so angry that I decided not to go to college and stay at home. I know it wasn't about missing a lecture, it was about you not wanting to share the house. You're so possessive, it's your kitchen not ours. You don't even cook often. I just felt like taking the time to cook something wholesome. Is that too much to ask?

You laid into me when you got home. You gave out to me for having to buy groceries when I offered you money to get them before you left. Do i really do nothing? I've been the one cooking the majority of the meals the last few weeks.

This was meant to be MY day to work on an assignment. And all i could do was go to sleep for 5 hours after how nasty you were. I can't stop crying and wondering is it really difficult to love me? Is it? You have this effect on me, when you treat me like this. I know, that I'll probably spend tomorrow crying and feeling vulnerable instead of working on that assignment. It's always this way, this sense of imminent failure. It's a wonder I did so well in the lc when we weren't talking for the first week of it.

I don't drink alcohol, do drugs or smoke but you make me want to do these things. I can understand now that you did drive my father to the drink. I can see why he stayed out after work instead of coming home. I feel that way, too. Somedays, I'll do anything not to have to go home. It fills me with terror. Just be nice, please, you don't have to love me, just don't take your **** out on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Ok, I hate the way you are so manipulative. Interesting how you suggest the idea and then after a week flesh out the entire plan not using anyone else's input. If you have an idea, just say this is what we should do. Don't waste 5 days of everyones life having everyone plan a project only for you to say. Eh no, lets just do this... That is you all over. No one else can see this and it pisses me right off..

I wish I could just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 doodlebops2015

Thanks for supporting me in this

Dear B
    I just want to know who do you think you are? Last week just before Valentines day you rang me. I had not heard from you in a while. You told me that things were over between yourself and A. I knew you and A would not remain a couple for long as she just wanted you back in her life to sort out her problems.

You asked me to met up with you this week and I wanted to do this. I contacted you this week. You told me we can't meet up this week as you have a meeting with xyz the next day. I knew you were keen to meet with them in regards to your new business.

I suggested that we meet on Sat to be told you going to x in T that night. I then asked could I ring you and you told me your not at home but you were on a business date with some one met in xyz.
    You then told me that you were going with her to x in T with her Saturday night.

Rather than face me you decided once again that there was some one better than me. Do you think that running after this woman will help your business? Perhaps you think you have a good chance in ending up in bed with her?
    Does she know that you have fallen more than once at the final hurdle in the bed department. She is from this rough area of Dublin so will have a night to remember. You will see how drunk she gets with her friends. Once they have a few drinks in they will make a few nasty comments about and to you.

I told one of my friends about this and they said I can't believe he is doing this to you again. We both said that we would love to be a fly on the wall on your night out.
    I then said to her which will happen that night will this woman get drunk and or you will fall at the final hurdle in bed.

My friend told me not to ring you. I have decided I am not going to ring you. It is about time you knew that I am not just around when you are between the "classy birds" you keep going out with. I am not going to meet you just so I can warm your bed.
    I may not have had sex with someone up to now but I wanted to have sex with someone who cared about me as a human being and not just as another notch on there bed post.
    We have known each other a long time and you know there is something between us.
    The sad part is that you could have a decent woman who is loyal, supportive ect but instead your wasting your time with woman who are just using you because you have your own house, car and you have money in the bank.

I am just waiting to see when you will ring me and what you do next. As another friend of mine says karma - what goes around, comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

dear me,

I'm so glad I asked what air plane mode does on my phone, no more texts/fb messages waking me up in the middle of the night asking 'are we ok', 'what you up to' and so on. Sleeping a lot better because of it:)

love, writer:)

Edit:

Dear ___

When you told me had been going cold turkey on your lexapro for a month, I was fit to kill you, I really was..that's just not on. The response I got to why you were off them 'ehh i don't know' was even more ridiculous. I've done it myself and it made me so depressed and down so much so that I wouldn't be alive for a phone call, and I was getting worried you were in that 'dark place'. I'm glad you're back on them, don't be an idiot again!

I had no idea how much I missed home until I heard your voice(s). Made me almost weep. Thanks for the permanent smile you put on my face today - 'n you have the greatest laugh ... 'n thanks for your caring support. I've missed chatting with my homies soooo very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I know what you did. You don’t know I know and I didn’t go looking, it quite literally landed on my door step because like most people who think they are clever you forgot one little thing. Last valentines day you had me an emotional wreck worried sick about your mental health, your depression that you refused to seek treatment for and your poverty stricken life. You blamed being penniless on the first holiday we had in years and not on the bad decisions you made earlier in life that caused you to have a brilliant well paying job and no money. You ignored me for weeks, claimed not to know what was wrong, acted like a complete prick and pushed me away emotionally and physically. You sat on the couch and cried that you couldn’t afford a bar of chocolate. You let me pay a bit more rent than you for months but only because you were desperate. You let me buy my own birthday present. You went to the pub that Sunday night in the blackest of black moods itching for a row with anyone and broke up with me that night disappearing the next day acting tortured never to be seen again after ten years together.

You lied. It was all an act! You were a better actor than I gave you credit for i'll give you that. jesus who emotionally manipulates a partner by pretending to be depressed in order to create a safety net and a get away plan? You are a class act. You used me as a financial safety blanket while you squirrelled away a little bit each month. While you blamed me for your situation, claimed to be broke and cried crocodile tears you had hundreds of euro. The day before we broke up, something you claimed was completely unpremeditated you withdrew every penny that you had stashed away. What a coincidence. You let me worry sick about you that Friday night that valentines day and talk with you in the early hours trying to help you and trying to save our relationship. I went to bed sobbing and heart broken and you pretended to do the same but the next morning you went to your secret account and took out your secret money to start your new secret life. It is not that secret though, you are more predictable than you think. Yes you abhor social media but I already know a little and will learn more. Karma is a bitch and I hope it firmly bites you in the ass. I suspect it will as your life is one big pattern of running away from mistakes you refuse to believe you caused. I won’t do anything to you don’t worry I am sure you are shocked enough I never even called or text you when you left. However I will happily tell anyone who knew you and anyone who asks exactly what kind of person you really were as the mister nice guy persona really isn’t warranted. I hope someday, maybe years from now I will get the chance to return the favour and put the boot in you and cause you even a fraction of the pain you caused me and I will. I always told you my favourite story was the count of Monte Christo.

In the meantime I no longer fret about getting home just to sit watching tv with someone who barely grunts in conversation and whose mood I have to second guess. I no longer walk on egg shells around the house worried about waking someone when I get up early. I no longer spend hours worrying and stressing about someone elses self-caused problems or lack of money or sadness or wants and needs. I no longer have to feel guilty that I have a little more money because I didn’t make bad choices all my life and feeling down because you refused to let me ever help you financially or emotionally. I don’t have to listen to how I am spoiled or lucky because I have family and friends who love me. I don’t have to listen to how I can’t cook or clean or how I am terrible at so many things that it turned out I am not bad at actually. I no longer have to rush home from things because you wouldn’t come with me but would berate me for always being off doing something. I no longer waste evenings sat in front of the tv wasting away the hours. I can visit my parents and siblings without clock watching and feeling that I need to get home to you. I can relax in my own home and the air no longer smells of negativity and self pity. I can breath again. I no longer believe in love and will never trust anyone again but being able to breath and to live again is a fair trade for the lessons all this taught me. Losing my partner and best friend of a decade in one day left me with nothing left to lose. Emotionally I am pretty much bullet proof.

Advertisement