Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Pleeease, please, pretty please give me these two weeks of unpaid work. You're my dream firm, it'd make my year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

happy anniversary... i thought of you alot today, and wish you well. I hope you turn your life around. The path you took seems like a waste of your precious life. Beer doesnt make a man. i do miss our old life, when things felt normal. i miss normal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Probably will write this out properly to get it out of my system...and will possibly delete this post.

But for now, Mr Consultant, I hope that one day, you, or someone you love/ care for, needs a bit of support, and that they will not be met with the lack of kindness and compassion that you have shown to me.

I will defeat this, I will get over this, and it sure as hell won't be any thanks to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

R,

I tell you I'm off take aways, chocolate and fizzy drinks yet you asked me at least 10 times today did I want any??? It's not fair. I'm trying but you're not going to break me this time

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm really going to miss all of you. Thank you so much for the past year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

To the lady in the restaurant who was sitting with a friend at the table beside us, thank you. You were out with a friend and you both looked so happy, friends out for the night for dinner and drinks. The prosecco was flowing. You spoke to us when we were pondering dessert and you recommended what you had and even offered a taste.

We got chatting the four of us. Its such a small world and turns out I used to work in the little village your friend moved to. We laughed about men, about wine and many things. Your friend loved my friends hair and they spoke about hair stylers. Your hair was short and it looked so chic but you explained it was not by choice - it was a result of chemotherapy and had now grown back, not because you were cured but because there was nothing else they could do. You didn't want to talk much more about being terminal because you didnt want in your own words 'to ruin anyones night'. You are the most amazing selfless person i've ever been lucky enough to meet. I'd never have known, i'd never have guessed that you were living such tragedy. You had a smile that lit up your face and I thought you were just two best friends out having a fabulous time without a care in the world. How wrong I was. Thank you for making me appreciate how lucky I am to be healthy and for reminding me that so many of my problems are just first world ones that will pass. if anyone deserves a miracle its you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

You've been the best of times, you've been the worst of times. Christ I'll miss you like a b1tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

dear sis,

thanks for a brilliant weekend full of good food and drink, plenty of laughs and venting, just what I needed :) Also thanks in supporting my decision with no judgement, I'm dreading 2 weeks time but knowing you'll be there for me is what I need

Dear potential course/employment

Please let this work out for me!

Love, writer:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

To the medical professionals I met yesterday, thanks. Thanks for your professionalism, and your kindness.
    It's dawning on me more and more over the last year, how important kindness is as a trait, in anyone, whether a passing stranger, or someone I know.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear S and E

I want to tell you just how "impressed" I am with you both at the moment. As for the recent suggestion that E made to me - what were you thinking?
    I told you that I can't do this and being honest even if I could I would not do this.
    You expect me to keep hearing the word no. Do you think that I am an idiot?

The reality is that I know far more that either of you have realised. I know why your not keen to help me out. Do you think it is fair that I have to keep my life on hold to suit you?
    I could let things stay as they are but I have no intention of doing this long term. I have a few plans of my own.
    I just want let you know in the next few months things will be clear to both of you.
    The reality is that I won't be there to do x then.

In regards to you S you have shown me your true colours at last. I put up with a lot from you over the past few years. I did every thing you asked and believed the promises you made only to find out there were a lot of lies. At this stage I can see what you have done but I won't be around in a few years time when you may need more help.
    As the saying goes - what goes around, comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

9 years ago today... if I could turn back time I'd do it all differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Are there words any sadder than "but those days are gone"?

I wish they weren't. God, I wish they weren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I wish I had known that something I thought was a dreary chore would turn out to be something I now miss... and that it was actually of huge benefit to me, too.

Dear X

I still think about us, the what ifs and our potential future together. Soul love. I've never felt like this before about anyone. Its been over 6 months now and i love you even more. I see you moving on and it hurts me so much. You think I've moved on because you haven't heard from me. I haven't. I'm frozen in time waiting. Waiting for you? Or that I've put out a loan on my heart and I'm paying it back now In spades. You're wonderful and so funny and i miss laughing with you. You will make someone very happy one day and he should wake up and thank his stars he has. In a sea of people i search for you half excited and half afraid I'll see you. See you with someone else and the bedroom smile you once had for me. Eyes like a cloudy day with the sun breaking through. I miss you and love you equally. An empty hole. I'm truly sorry for my reactions but you only show your worst to your soul mate. To them only. To cleanse and purify the bond. Bonded for life. lost piece of me, in you. Goodbye. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

Dear MIL,

Your youngest son actually is a rude, offensive little scumbag.
    He did in fact insult everyone he met during the course of our wedding and its planning.
    He did try to start fist fights, he did tell the Bridesmaids to go F themselves.
    he did act like a spoilt brat and moan about any responsibility he was meant to have as Best Man.
    he did tell me the week before that nobody gave a F about the first wedding in your family.

And remember when your lovely son who is now my husband had an argument with him about a totally unrelated matter?
    That was not your opportunity to character assassinate me and ruin any sense of family I had with any of you. And I most definitely did not make up any of your awful pikey son's behaviour nor go telling tales to hubby. The offended people told him, not me.

Now that hubby wants to move away from your vile, poisonous family, that's not my fault either. In fact, it was me pushing him to stay nearby, so well done you!

I hope you enjoy your wonderful family and all their bitching, I hope it was worth it and btw, I may be pregnant and you won't find out from us, congrats.

Sorry-needed to get that out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Dear Kind Old Gentleman,

I don't know your name. I'm the girl who you always met at the same time on the same days in the same place every week and always passed with a friendly greeting. I was always walking back from a place and you were walking towards it. I just want to say thank you for saying hello that first time. I'm glad I lifted my eyes off the ground long enough to see your friendly smile so I could get the courage to say hello back.

It was always nice to see you. I always smiled my head off after we passed each other. You even got the driver of a car you were getting into to beep at me once so that you could wave to me from across the street.

And I want to say that I'm sorry for that one time when I could have said more, could have stopped to talk, but let my shyness take over and I made a swift exit. You were sitting on a wall, having a well deserved rest. You must have been in your 80's, your body was bent with age, but you were still out pounding the pavements most days! I could have stopped, I could have found out your name and all about you, but , as often happens, I couldn't find my voice. I wish I'd said more. I saw you a couple of times after that, we greeted each other as usual but I think we were both a little sad.

Now, I haven't seen you in weeks. I think you are gone. I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'll see you again. But I want you to know that I often think about you, I certainly think about you every time I walk past that spot. I still always look out for "my old friend" - that's what I call you in my head. It means a lot that you took the time to say hello to a shy and shuffling awkward girl.

Thank you, my old friend, for your kindness. I'll remember you and I'll try to speak up more often. If I do see you again I'll say more than hello.

Rosie x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Dear mum,
    why on earth do you just call me every night and tell me every little detail about your day, and hang up.... ever think to listen to how my day went?
    oh, and there's a reason why I wont bring you shopping - I don't have the patience to waste 4 1/2 hours slowly dragging you along, and have you completely freak out at a road crossing, to bring you to the local shopping centre to get your fags and food, which takes a normal person (who hasn't ruined herself from alcohol) only 30 minutes there and back on foot.
    the exact reason why I don't see you as often as you want me to, all you want to do is read the paper and blare the TV! I've better things to do.
    but mum, I do love you, But your a nuisance!

To the people who took me in as a foster kid for 5 1/2 years,
    thank you for being there for me at the end of the phone when I need a cry, a rant, when I need cooking advice, when I am panicking over the smallest thing. I've nobody else.

to the social worker who made me laugh when I was upset and angry, who would call me back after work-hours to calm me down, even at 10pm at night.
    Thank you for moving me when things turned bad. I know I told you you ruined my life, but you actually saved me. I can see why you made those decisions for me now, 5 years later. And I wish you didn't leave social work, every child needs someone like you as their SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

N,

Please read between the lines and understand what im trying to tell you.

You,re an intelligent man but Jaysus you don't get women at all !!!

D

PS, im sorry for txting you the results of the match. I didn't realise you were recording it and was going to watch it when you got home :/

But did you really have to say "**** ya" ??

It annoys me that you all wrote me off so quickly, without getting to know me first. Now I don't think I even want to be friends with you lot, so why does it bug me at all? I guess I just don't like being treated as inferior when I know I'm not. But I am more open-minded than you and I've never needed to follow the pack anyway, whereas you can't do anything without your gang around you.

Oh and X, I know your game now. I realise that your personality depends on whoever you're fawning over this week, you just copy whatever traits they have. Well, I remember the stuff you told me about yourself before: funny how it doesn't tally with how you act now. Doesn't it bother you that me and Y know it's all fake? Or do you really think we don't notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Dear Doctor

I hate you doctors. I just want to be healthy again. It's not tablets I need, it's a fùcking time machine.

Dear me

Do you remember when you were healthy? Never took painkillers ever because I was never sick and now I could open my own pharmacy. I jokingly call it my selection box but that's just my usual "cover it up with humour" routine.

Dear you

I wish you were dead. Isn't that awful? You have no idea how much damage you have done to my life. No idea. And because of the corruption in this country there will be no justice. You'll just go on living your life. Sure, your insurance premium will go up but everyone who needs to drive will find the money, it's that simple.

Dear all of you fùcking assholes who tell me "accidents happen", I hope you choke on your BS words. Come back and tell me how "accidents happen" if you ever have to pick somebody up off the road and put the pieces back together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Why can you never just be there for me? Why can't you be supportive or encouraging, even in the slightest, most understated way? You're my parents and you're supposed to be my biggest champions. Yet I have never had a shred of faith in myself, because my self image has always been informed by the one you have of me. And it's so clear that you can't stand me, when I've done so much to try to do everything right. You're never happy. All either of you do is criticise and demean me and it turns my stomach sometimes. You don't actually care. I could say this to you and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to anything. On some level I know that maturity is saying "right, my childhood was my childhood and my parents did the best they could, and it's time for me to take responsibility for my life" but at the same time, that dances around the neglect and outright abuse I have suffered at your hands. And even if it's not your fault that I am the way I am, whatever that is, I am the way I am in response to how you both treat me.

Sometimes I want so much to have what other people have it sickens me. You don't know the first thing about me, and not only should you but you should want to. I find it so strange when friends get good news and ring their parents to tell them immediately. Even stranger when they seek, and receive, comfort in the face of adversity. From you two all I get is a dressing down when I'm happy, and mocking when I'm sad.

It's at the point now where I'm never surprised when you let me down, but the disappointment has never gone away. And I wish it would, so it would stop feeling like such a fresh wound every single fucking day of my life, that I'm such a disappointment to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Just a quick reminder for unregistered posters. You only need to post once. Your post will be approved when a mod is online. Unfortunately we are not online all day and all night, so please have a little bit of patience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

To Peanut,
    my Man-boy
    my bear,

I love you. You're the best thing to come into my life. You have no idea how amazing you are. The sh!tty boyfriends I had before you, I thought that was the way relationships were. And you, you handsome man, you look at me like I have 50 heads for putting up with the previous bad behaviour. You are stunned that anyone would treat me that way, and I love you for it. Because you are right. Too many women in this life let themselves be treated badly, but you have shown me the light. You treat me with dignity and respect. You are so excited everytime you see me. I appreciate the things I do for you.

You are a true gentleman. If I have been deprived of something, you want to get it for me. You don't ever want me without. You tell me I'm beautiful everyday. You not only tell me you love me constantly but express it in your actions. You always make me feel included in your life and relationships. I trust you completely because you have never been anything but 100% honest with me. You have spent the time to get to know me, and have helped me get to know myself better. You encourage me to explore my interests, regardless of how fleeting. You support me emotionally when I am down, and comfort me when I am upset. You tell me when I am being unreasonable and you want to be a partner to me.

I love you so much. I love how you smell, the feel of your skin. I love how you pop out little facts, totally randomly. I love that you want to go on adventures with me. I love jumping in the car with you, driving around seeing this beautiful island we live on. I love having experiences with you, getting to see more of who you are. I like that when you are down that you let me take of you and don't push me away. That you ask my advice and listen to me. You like touching me and being touched. I like that I turn you on just as much as you turn me on (with that fine ass of yours).

I would like you to not be so harsh on yourself sometimes. The self doubt that creeps in. But I understand it, as I can be exactly the same. Friends of ours have said we are the male and female versions of each other. I can't imagine my life without you. I am forever thankful that you have come into my life. I am happy and for the first time can feel pure joy radiating from my heart. It's all down to you. You have taken someone damaged and made them whole.

YOU ARE AMAZING.

Never forget it.

Love Lolly
    Your kitten x

Dear ex,

I'm so glad I made the decision about how I was been treated and actually broke up with you. Scary as hell! It was one of most biggest and hardiest decisions of my life, completely liberating as it's all too easy to stay in a unhappy relationship for fear of hurting the person or not meeting a another person/being alone. Yes it hurts like hell at the moment but I feel so free, like a bird! We shared some great times, from the first date, to the laughs, the many 'first' moments we shared together and going to the beers. But we also shared some rough times, to me landing myself in hospital with herpes, to you getting sick, to the constant messaging and constant questioning of cheating, and stalking my boards account. I was extremely unhappy in the last year and no relationship is worth that IMO. I'm sorry for ending things on a bad note, but good luck and goodbye

With regards,

writer:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Bar wishing you a happy birthday next week you won't hear from me.

If you want me in your life you have to make the effort. If you want what I know you want from me then you have to breakup with your gf.

I don't know if we would work but at least I'm willing to try, after 18 months you have to choose, I refuse to be a secret anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

I am GUTTED. But mostly at myself. You are amazing. But you’re not for me. After a year of dating and constant up downs we fell into the FWB trap. A full 15 months of that trap. You told me that it was no strings attached. I thought I’d be okay with it. Months later I see all of my strings attached. And I am angry at you for not showing me you care, or you love me. But I am so much more angry at myself for thinking my massive heart would be okay with it.

You don’t think. You NEVER think. It’s your MotoX bike that’s the real love of your life. I know that, I realize it’s all you’ve ever done your entire life. And I am okay with that. But, this is the first year you’ve done Nationals since we’ve dated, yet this is not the first occasion that you’ve treated me like **** so don’t you for one second try fool me into thinking its preoccupation with riding. It’s not, it’s just that you’re so selfish you can’t even bear to show feelings to anyone else. I don’t even come close.

I haven’t painted you in a very good picture here have i?! Not mentioned those time you made me dinner when I didn’t get my dream job and lit your house up with candles and held me all night. Or how when I was ‘’orphaned’’ at Christmas you brought me to your house and I spent the two weeks with your family and i felt like I belonged there. Or when you sent me flowers at work just cos. Or when you look at me my entire soul jumps and my belly becomes a butterfly house.

Even after all this time i am as heartbroken as I was the first time you broke my heart. And the second. And the 435,753’th time too! I can’t keep doing this. I don’t want to keep doing this. I’m better than this.

I just hope your Kawasaki can keep you warm at night and cook you nutritious food or laugh at your ridiculous jokes or try develop your poor communication skills or listen to you gush about MotoX. And I also hope she can give you babies, you ain’t getting any younger, sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

Just because the have fancier things than you, and can do things much easier, does it mean they are better than you? Sure, for all appearances. But you have things they don't, like fortitude... Keep telling yerself that kiva ...and stop crying

Dear 'friend',

Stop talking to me every day and coming on to me, I appreciative the support with the break up and all but I do not fancy you

with regards,

writer:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭jellybear

To the idiot in the silver polo on the m50 in the overtaking lane,
    Why you felt the need to slow down, stick your phone out the window and take pictures of the accident on the other side of the motorway I will never understand. So incredibly dangerous and inconsiderate. If only the guards 200metres up the road had seen you :( Class A idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Please, please step back and look at this.
    I'm afraid you're looking at all of this, all the great things and people in your life that you're neglecting. You're looking, but not really seeing quite what you stand to lose.

Call your mother.
    Call A and go hang out and shoot the breeze.
    Call N and ask her about the new job, ask her about her life.
    Call S and apologize for being an absent, sh1tty friend.
    Go to her bloody 30th if it kills you, if it pisses off your boss and inconveniences everyone. She's your best friend. Can you even fathom how bad of a friend it makes you, to not show up because of some crappy work situation that you "can't get out of"?
    YOU VOLUNTEERED. Do you get that? Why did you volunteer for something that you knew would let down one of the best friends you've ever had so deeply? Why? Why do you put this before everyone, everything?

Call L and tell her how proud of her you are, how much you love her and how much you can't wait to see her in April.
    Go home and spend time with your folks.
    Think about E, think about all the things he'll never see, or do, or be.

And think about what you stand to lose.
    You're not an idiot.
    So stop acting like one.

Advertisement