Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Nothing can be done if she refuses to press charges!

Mental. Sorry if it seemed I've dragged thread off course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Dear fcukwit

Does it come naturally? Or do you work on it? I mean, it must take extensive study to learn to be such an asshole. If not, then I guess you're just gifted.

With love
    G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Dear G,

When are you coming back? You really should have told me exactly. I know it's not your fault, I thought I knew, but now I'm just confused and don't know what to think. You confuse me horrendously as it is. Come visit me soon.

Un abrazo,
    la chica de la lluvia

Dear L,

Shít. This has gotten weird. I'm pretty sure of what I heard you say the other night but I already am that way, or at least half that way but that doesn't matter, I can't do it. Even if it wasn't for my cowardice and the other "complication" you still intimidate me far too much. Let's just keep being drunk-friends? You already know I think you're amazing.

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

FÚCK YOU

That's about it really:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cazhater

Dear P..
    i should just should just shut up complianing and get on with it shouldnt I??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear x

Yes I know its 11 years ago and we only fooled around for over a year but you were my first love even though you dont know it. You ended things telling me we would only ever be friends.
    I'm married 4 years now and I had forgotten all about you - but you are now going out with my best friend who is like a sister to me.
    Why her and not me? its the hardest thing ever to see the two of you together now and have to pretend i'm so happy for her. if it had been anyone else I would have been but it had to be you!

Dear _______

Thank you! Thank you so so much! You have made me feel loved for the first time in my life and I mean properly loved. You see past my faults and you see past me weaknesses and you question whether or not I am even human because you think I'm so perfect.

You're polite, you're generous, you're sweet. You've made me blush from you're compliments. I'm not really as amazing as you keep telling me and I'm no where near perfect, yet you keep insisting that I am. I'm flattered that you've never felt this way before about anyone and that you have something nice to say about me in nearly every single sentence to me.

I love your manners and the way you have an essay of an email waiting for me everytime I check my emails. I think you deserve more than me, but you don't seem to think so.

Thank you again for loving me and for making me feel good about myself. :)
    Love from
    Me :)

I'm falling for you, and I think the feeling is mutual. But my fear of rejection is so great I can't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I greet the day with you. I miss you, a lot. I wish we were together again, at least metaphorically. I don't know what is the right thing to do , which is difficult, since I like to do the right thing. I go back to being honest since this is respectful, to oneself and the other. Wish you were here, or at least talking with me. Love. M

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pernilla

Dear x

I wish i knew what the best thing to do was, for me, for all of us, i've made my decision and i'm sticking to it, but i fear its the wrong one, but i don't see how i have a choice, things will never be the same again.
    it will all be over in the next month anyway so after that..who knows.
    i wish i could go back to living in ignorant bliss!

Dear Bullies.
    You absolutely destroyed everything good about me for your amusement. it was cruel what you did, and i have the physical scars to prove it, not to mention the emotional ones.
    i have zero self esteem, you took it from me and i can't find a way to get it back, it has ruined my relationships with my friends, my family and my husband.
    you don't deserve happiness, and karma has worked its magic......and i hope its not done with you yet, because i am not the only one you made feel this way!

Dear mam and dad

i'm not perfect, and neither are you.
    i've been a bad daughter and you have been bad parents lets put all this behind us and start again because i would love a good relationship with you both because i do love you

dear best buddy

you are my rock, and i love you, and thank you for being my best friend, my only friend x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dear HS - what ever your deal is don't ask for my number if you are only going to fcuk with my head!!! Say what you mean and don't bullsh!te me!!!! If a girl who knows what she wants scares you well sucks to be you cause I deserve more than your crap!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Mom,
    You never were and you never will be a part of my life.
    As a 'mom' you failed miserable and I will not forgive you for what you did.

Dad,
    Thanks for always being there for me. I know I wasn't the best behaved child and that I was too rebellious when I was younger, but you never gave up on me.

You taught me everything from how to cook, how to appreciate art, a good book to how to fix cars.

Thanks for always being so supportive when everything around me fell apart over and over and over. You taught me how to keep my chin up and how to pick up the pieces and then how to move on....

You are the coolest, most laid back and the best dad anyone could have wished for.

Love you!

A,
    I am so sorry for ****ing things up and for pushing all the boundaries to the absolute maximum.

At least now we can be somewhat civil to each other and actually be able to laugh at all the crazy stuff we did.

To my hot fb friend,
    I so would and one day I will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Dear K,

I know you're hurting, and I wish I could find the words to make it better, I wish I could make the world smile for you again. It's funny how things come full circle, how some people who come in to your life at the wrong time suddenly reappear when the time is right; how sometimes what wasn't meant to be, becomes something else entirely. You 'get' it, and that's what I think we both need right now, someone else who just...'gets' it. Thank you for being that person for me.

p.s. chicks are definitely going to dig the beard :)

My dearest friends,

You're my best friends, and you always will be. I'm so sorry we lost touch for a while, and I'm so sorry that I shut you out, it's just...I had no other choice. I was stuck in this world where my whole life had been taken over my someone else, my thoughts...my fears...my everything. I know you never understood why I couldn't talk to you, why I couldn't tell you what was wrong, but it just wasn't my story to tell and I was scared that if I did I'd hate myself for it. I didn't think I needed help, I thought that I could deal with it on my own, and that how I felt just wasn't important. But you showed me that it was, you showed me that I didn't have to be alone, and that I didn't have to feel guilty for being the person who needed someone, instead of always the person who was needed. Thank you for hammering down those walls and finding me; thank you for helping me to find myself again.

Dear me,
    Just stop it. you are so far removed from the reality of the situation it is incredible. You constantly do this, allow you're mind to run away with you, She's just not that into you. It was a blip to her, she doesn't think about you all day everyday. All she does is take what she needs and leaves you to pick up the pieces. She doesn't think about you that way and she definitely doesn't love you. LET IT GO, LET HER GO. You are an idiot, how many more years are you going to allow yourself to feel this way? You don't have the guts to say what you NEED to say to her............and you definitely cant tell her what you WANT to say to her.

You fool, how did you end up here again? are you ever going to end up anywhere else?
    Unrequited love is the worst pain you have ever known, stop torturing yourself.

From me.

Dear B

I am sorry I yelled at you this morning. I was shocked and disappointed but it was still not OK to yell, bang my hand on your chair and rant (for a long long time).

I am also sorry for swearing in a way where the little ones could hear. I know you feel strongly about that.

I love you and appreciate you but I still need to change the way I deal with my frustrations with you. I blame and point the finger metaphorically, where really I also have a lot to do with what happens.

I want to be the best possible partner and I promise to work much harder on how I manage myself.

Thanks for messing with my head the past few months. Dont understand why you got so close to me and then left. It was all you and then as soon as you realised how I felt you left me. I hate how I feel so down now because you rejected me. I wish I never let you in..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

P.

I see the looks you give me, you know. The glances of worry. The questioning stares when you think I'm not watching. I'm not a child, and I don't need you to fuss over me like I am one. My life may be a mess but it's my damn mess and I neither need nor want you to try to fix it or coerce me into fixing it. It's not your prerogative to look over my shoulder. What I do is my own business, and none of yours. Remember that, and keep your nose where it belongs.

fluorescence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

Dear ... After 3 years you still cant tell me how your feeling? Half the time i feel like i dont even know who you are, i know you have been hurt in the past but you have dragged it through our whole relationship. You threaten to end it and i beg you not to. This time im ready.

Dear M.. Who are you? Your a stranger to me know. I cant talk to you without being filled with hatred. You left us and i will never ever forgive you.

Dear D.. Thank you for being strong when everything fell down around us and for picking up the pieces. Il always remember that and i wish i could say it to you.

Dear me.. You used to be so happy, now its just a front you put on. Its time to think about yourself. Be strong and dont be afraid. X

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Serious claustrophobia.Back off a bit.

Dear Married Man,

I would just like to say thanks to you for rejecting me. I met you through someone we both know. We became friendly and they way you were talking made me think you wanted to be more than friends. I asked you to come to //// with me and you brushed me off with a poor excuse. I would like to tell you that even if I need to lose a few stone I still have feelings and I am not stupid. I was upset over what happened but I never spoke to anyone about my feelings for you.
    My life has moved on. I have met some one who could be special and I have joined weight watchers. I don't know what will happen in the future but I know I deserve some one better than you. Some day we may meet each other or I will find a way to let you know what happens in my future.
    Please tell your wife that she is not going to lose her meal ticket and remember to be a good boy so you can have a sex life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear ex,

We haven't been together in almost 3 years, so why do you insist on still telling people lies about me?! You broke my heart, you accused me of things I didn't do and you took me for granted, but I got over it. I got over you. I stopped thinking about you, I stopped talking about you. Now please do the same and stop talking about me! I'm sick of hearing lies you've told from mutual friends, it's pathetic.

Aoifey!

I should have told the truth from the start, shouldn't I? If you give me the chance, I'm willing to make amends now, though. I just... can't wait forever.

Dear x

You led me on for 3 years, and I wasted my 3 years in college of going out meeting other people because of you. You knocked every bit of confidence out of me and now I hear your with someone else when you told me you never wanted a relationship. I hope I never see you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Smashhits

Dear P
    I loved you with all my heart and soul and you destroyed it all. I wish I could say i don't love you, i can't. I wish i could say I forgive you, I don't think I ever will. I don't hate you just what you done to me. I want to move on with my life and be happy again but I don't know how without you. I miss you so much.

Dear Dad
    I'm sorry you left so soon, it's been 20 years and you've missed so much of my life. I know you still love me and I know you'll always be there watching over me, protecting me. I'll always be your little girl. I love you.

Dear FJ.

You would find it hilarious to know I dreamed of you last night. It wasn't a dirty dream either, it was really sweet. We just walked and talked a lot, and you held me in your arms so gently. I didn't dare breathe in case the soft movements of my chest upset your hold on me. I don't like to be hugged normally but you were so careful, so... tentative.

It's weird. We're never on the same page at the same time. When you liked me I was in a bad way, in a bad place. I had no room in my heart for another. Now, almost 2 years later, I long for you but you're not interested. Not that you know. You tell me of the dates you go on. You ask me for advice. You treat me as your confidante, your close friend, your... sister. I don't blame you for not waiting for me, and I'm glad you moved on and didn't hurt yourself by pining after me when all I do is burn everything around me. but a small, jealous part of me wishes you had. Then again, if you were available to me now who can say for sure that I would be interested in you? Wanting what I can't have is a big reason why happiness always seems to elude me - I long for what's unobtainable but somehow when it becomes mine the interest dissipates.

Either way, I still have my imagination. My vivid, utterly tangible dreams. I'll sleep tonight and hope that once again I'll feel the weight of your arms around my waist, the warmth of your breath against my cheek. I'll dream of your soft grey eyes searching mine. I'll see the small smile you wear when you say goodbye. Maybe I'll dream of lips and entanglement and various other engagements I've not experienced in far too long, but maybe not. I'd rather forget, but you're too involved in my life to forget. I'll settle for moving onto some other unobtainable figure, and give you some peace.

Thanks for the dreams though. They really are lovely.

Your confidante,

T

Dear YM

Miss you. Used to love our daily chats. Wish you were here on this forum.

I learnt stuff in the last couple of days and thought of you/us.

An event happens, and once it happens it is gone, forever. What remains in our story about the event. Our story about the event is not real, it is just a story seen through the prism of our beliefs. Our beliefs may be formed by our stories and can stay long after the remnants of the story are forgotten. As we work to understand and challenge our un-useful beliefs, and replace them with ones that serve us better, we renew ourselves and go through the day and the world, lighter, filled with more joy and possibility. Leaving the event behind, because it is long gone now.

And isn't that a good thing.

My little ones were punching and kicking each other in frustration this morning about building a dinasour from bones and I wanted your advice.

Where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

I miss you wondie. How could I ever forget you?! Things have not been the same since you left and even though it was 2009 you went, I still feel every bit of the loss of you since. I wish you well and hope you are happy and find what you want out of life, but I would be happier if you and I were together again.
    I live in hope x

Dear Jess

I think of you a lot. Wish you were here. Wish I had been more demonstrative when you were with me. You meant a lot to me.

You want me to hate you, I never will; I don't want to love you, but I'll never stop. You hurt me so much, so much that I thought I'd never feel happy again, so much that I thought I was broken. I gave you my heart, but you didn't look after it, you didn't shelter it - you simply borrowed it for a while and then threw it in the trash when you were done. As if it were a piece of rubbish; as if I were a piece a rubbish....

You say you wish you never loved me, you wish you never met me, and you wish we never existed. You choose to remember the bad times, because that makes it easier to hate me; I choose to remember the good times, because it makes it easier not to hate you. I think that shows just how different we are.

I grew up with an alcoholic mother and an abusive father, a place where love just didn't exist, where a house was merely bricks and mortar and never a home. But I got through it, I found another home; someone else to love me when they couldn't. I found someone more deserving of my love, my loyalty, my affections, and all the qualities that they could never appreciate. And that's what I'll do now, I don't need you; if anything - you needed me, and that was the problem wasn't it. You didn't want to need me, you didn't want my help, you didn't want to get better. Yet, I seemed to be the only person there, the only person you let even halfway in. I had your life in my hands regardless of the fact that we didn't want it that way; that we knew it couldn't work that way. I knew too much to walk away, and I knew too much to stay - it was a horrible feeling, I was stuck.

And then, you let me go. I finally admitted how my world had crashed around me, and you let me go so I could rebuild it on my own, because our worlds never fitted in together...we could never fit together. I had this horrible guilt for so long, this guilt that I couldn't help you, and I wouldn't let myself me angry at you - I told myself it wasn't your fault, that you were sick. But the thing is I AM angry, and I should be, I should be allowed to feel this way. No, it wasn't your fault, but at the same time it wasn't fair! You promised me so much, and yet you gave me nothing. I spent so many evenings talking you around when things go tough, I spent so many nights by the phone when you didn't answer, willing you to just pick up, wondering if you were walking down the canal thinking about how much easier it would be to just disappear. I cried so many tears for you, and I gave you so much of my love, but you just weren't capable of giving it back. I told you love was enough, but I guess that when you love someone sometimes it's better to let them go, thank you for letting me go.

I understand that you can't have me in your life, I understand that a friendship is impossible, but I can't understand the person you've become - this horrible person who seems determined to dig the knife even deeper in the open sore you left behind. Please stop, please stop hating me for the things I haven't done. We're over, but that doesn't mean we have to tarnish the memories with the blackness that clouded our time together. Please remember that sometimes the sun did shine, sometimes the starts twinkled in the black sky, and sometimes....sometimes we felt what it was to be happy, to be happy and head over heels in love.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

LOML: I can't wait for my heart to truly believe this about you:

Advertisement