Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Just leave me the hell alone.... I came to the hall to have my muffin and coffee in peace... Ugh, stupid small talk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear guy who's been chatting me up at break times during college :

Thank you, nice to be noticed:D although I'm no where near ready for another relationship its nice you see me in 'that' way. I enjoy the chats, banter that we have

Dear tutor,

Even though you saw me in a complete mess yesterday and in a lot of pain thank you for being supportive and there for me

With regards,

writer:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear 103 bus driver,

Thank you for being so nice and helping me out today. I was freaking out a bit. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Why do you make promises you can't keep? Why do you say things you don't mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Dear body,
    I know I'm stressed with work and stuff but if you could stop taking it out on my face that would be greeeeeaaaat! Tis getting me a little down!

Thaanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Please don't miss this opportunity due to fear you can do it x

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

Dear fam/friends

Stop telling me that I'm better than working in the job I'm in now because I got a good LC and asking what I'll do about September due to college. The thought of college is sickening. I get so anxious any time one if ye mention it, tbh I don't think I'm worthy to go, but ridiculous of a thought, i know but it's what I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dear New Boy,

I like you, you like me, and this thing that's going on now is really lovely. Haven't felt these butterflies in a bit... Last night was awesome, can't wait to see you again! :)

M,

It's been over a month now since you left us and I haven't been the same since. The amount of times I've grabbed my phone to talk to you are countless, the loss of you in insurmountable... You were one of my best and oldest friends, and the outreach of love since we lost you only goes to show how much you were loved by anyone around you.
    I'm by no means a religious person but you've definitely been looking out for us. Everything that's gone right for me lately has definitely had your sway in it! ;)
    Your girls are going to miss you when we're together this weekend :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just heard the shocking news.

I'm sorry for the way things were back then; the way I was at times, but know this; you were kind, you were caring, you were a decent person and I won't ever forget you.

I'm so glad we were able to be friends in recent years and though we didn't talk very often, when we did we got along like a house on fire.

I hope you weren't afraid. I hope you weren't alone. I hope you know that I thought a lot of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well done, you did something difficult, something that was commonplace for you, previously. You faced it, and did it, even though it was so hard.
    Take a pat on the back for that, and all the other things you have come through.

• Advertisement

dear my dearest mom,

Last night I wrote a blog post about me and my ex spiting up, was hard to do but I did it. Never thought I'd get feedback on it. Then this afternoon I logged into facebook, checked my notifications and saw that you commented on the post I shared on my blog facebook page. 'Oooh what's this' says I. The comment totally blew me away:o:D Thank you so much for telling me you were proud of me for being mature about the break up and being positive about it

Lots of love x

writer:)

Dear friend,

Thank you for inviting me out to bowling :D I rarely get invited out by friends so it means a lot. Looking forward to it :)

Writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

M,

I am not letting you bother me anymore.

L

Zen,

Enter my mind and body and let me live with tranquility.

L

God/Universe/cupid,

I want to find someone who i have a real attraction to. No more settling, just bring me a gorgeous man to hold my hand.

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

A, I think I like you. ......hope you like me too !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you blow up at me for speaking out about what was bothering me, don't start asking me am I okay and what's wrong and why I'm so quiet.

I'm not going to speak because I'm afraid you'll just blow up at me again!

Friendship shouldn't be like this :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear W

Your latest news was the the final straw. I wanted to meet you and tell you a few home truths. Rather than ring me you sent that nasty email. I waited a few days before sending a reply. Even after this you hadn't the decency to send me a reply.
    I sent that email as a friend only and after all the time I have known you I deserved a reply.

The reality of you situation is starting to kick in with you and you don't want me to know that everything is far from wonderful. You have no one to blame but yourself. You knew I cared about you but you decided to do what you did.

In fact after what happened between us it made me look at my life. I began to see that I deserve better than the scraps you were offering to me. I began to stand up for myself in regards to other people. Rather than comfort eating and drinking like I would in the past over the upset you caused me I have lost weight. I have joined a gym to help me lose more weight. I have found out just what good friends I have and being honest they are not to impressed with you.

Someday I might ring you and see how things are going for you. In the future we might even meet up. I want you to see me in a few months time and realise just what a mistake you made with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Don't expect pity about being turned down by the girl you like, from the girl you used and basically abused for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

dear little sister, love you to pieces x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Everyone I care about seems to want to ditch me after all I do for them. Is more important for me not to care about anyone anymore.

Didn't even have the cop to buy me tea in the rain....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M,

So you decided to text me, l said feck why not il text back,...after me wishing you the best with your new job l get no thanks, or even a text back? well thats ok, it really is, because it just shows once again what a horrible person you actually are. seriously. l now think, how did l end up with you? There was no need for all the upset l went through, you weren't worth it... how did l love someone like you? your nasty, your bitter, your just not a nice person....l really dont get you. you are odd....

l take back all the times l missed and longed for you....what a fool l was :pac::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Family, getting real sick of you guys. Feel stressed out. Feel annoyed with my brother mostly, he can be so condescending, think he knows everything. He uses the stupid excuse that my mum is 'controlling' him when he's a grown adult and can make his own decisions and she's not stopping him just giving him advice. Mum, stop trying your grown sons like babies, they need to stand on their own two feet. Ugh this house is draining having to listen to all this crap on a daily basis. If it's mum and dad it's someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I asked you twice if you were working today. Twice. Both times you said you were.

I should have realised at the awkward wording of your message last night "are you expecting "*baby* tomorrow?" that you were chancing your arm.

Sure, drop your sick kid down to me on your day off. It's not like I need a day off or anything, my housecleaning, cooking and trip packing pale in significance to your World of Warcraft raids. And the half-minimum wage is certainly well worth my time, not like my other job which only just covers the bills, car, holidays, new clothes, haircuts etc and no one so much as vomits on me.

I'm doing you both a massive favour so that you can go to WORK, not raid with your guilds. I thought you two desperately wanted this child, didn't either of you consider that it'd get in the way of your gaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Why now after all this time

Just f##k off and leave me alone

I don't love you anymore nor do I want you in my head again

I now know my value and never should have accepted anything less

I wish you well and hope you get the help that you need but I can't be part of it

3 visits today. I see we're back to 'normal'. But it's not normal. Nobody else has a neighbour that lets themselves into their house on a daily basis. I wish you'd have a bit of respect and stop coming when we're trying to eat lunch or dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Dad,
    Isn't it funny that both my uncles can go to the pub to watch a match and come home when we have a restaurant booked today for 5 because one of him and his family were down visiting? What do you do? You decide to stay in the pub and wait for mum to ring you to find out why you aren't home and then tell her you're not going? Still maybe it's better because sober or drunk having to listen to you and mum making snark comments at each other is annoying and stressful. Every time, one of you has to pass a comment. Sometimes I like to split you into two people drunk dad and sober dad until, sometimes, the two over lap.

You know what scares me though, they say if you're parents are alcoholics you're strongly likely to marry one yourself. And both you and mum are and were so I'm scared of that happening to me. But then part of me knows I'd never put my children or myself through this again. I'd rather a divorce than a life of unhappiness. I can always relate to that film when a man loves a women but for me the film never seems to end. Isn't it strange how you can love someone and hate them at the same time? Then another part of me thinks my mum must have copped on fast that you loved drinking more than anything soon after she got together with you so why decide to have children? I suppose her father was a drinker maybe it's how she thought man were supposed to act and even more importantly if she hadn't I wouldn't have been born.

I've made a promise to myself that if I ever see those warning signs I will not be tolerating it and I will certainly not bring children a relationship like that. Why can't I have happy, in love parents? I'd much rather go live with my aunt and uncle than live with you.

dear ex,

kindly get out of my head..

writer

*sigh* It's your second visit. Please leave. Please go home so I can have my dinner in peace for once. For the last 3 days you've let yourself in while I've been eating and sat there talking to my parents. You know everything about us, you nearly know when I last took a p*ss! How do you not see anything wrong with letting yourself into someone else's house whenever you feel like it?

You're almost as bad as he is. You don't see anything wrong with it. You let him get to this stage and give out about him when he leaves. Ffs. Grow a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dear Mother, Aunt M and Grandmother:
    Stop obsessing over my hair! FFS, I desperately need a haircut and your constant criticism of my proposed choices is giving me a complex of anxiety. IT'S JUST HAIR! Stop getting so worked up over it. At the end of the day, if my choice of hair style doesn't turn out right, sure I can always grow it out. Hair is adaptable like that. It's seriously bugging me that such a trivial thing as my own personal choice of haircut is such a big deal to you people.
    Seriously, GET OVER IT. :mad:
    It really shouldn't effect me like this but your constant criticism stresses me out and makes me doubt myself, makes me question my own choices. Just let me make my own choices, my own mistakes. *I* will deal with it in my own way.
    If I wanted your opinions I would've asked for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I like you, really like you, but I need to walk away. I just hope you follow. X

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

Dear gravity,

**** you.

Sincerely,

My boobs, my ass and all of my phones ever.

• Advertisement

dear granny,

so today my worst nightmare has come true, you've had a stroke:( please live, I love you to pieces x

from a very worried and sad writer

Advertisement