Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Dear immune system,

Please stop trying to kill me, seriously, its getting ridiculous. Wouldnt it be easier for us both if you didnt have a meltdown at the slightest excuse?

Dear lady who worked in the emergency doctors. Thank you for your kindness yesterday. Everyone else was busy and milling about yet you went out of your way to look after me and made me feel like a person not just a number.

Dear X, I was speechless today. I cant believe you let an ill friend pay for something for you and then had a whinge about having to pay for something else. The poor mouthing has got to stop it is driving me round the twist. You are not broke, you just keep spending on luxuries you dont need and that you can afford. Cop yourself on.

Dear ill friend, I am worried about you. You are not yourself and its scary. In fact you seem too much like me right now and its as if you went from calm to manic. I'll listen and support and I will do anything you ask and anything you need but please try and get some rest and stop seeing that as giving in or giving up - its not its just giving yourself a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

ok people, get real. It's a ginormous gift that someone is offering and it's being delivered to your door, at great expense to 4 peoples time and energy, including my own. Y'all just gotta pull together. I cannot keep going round in circles and being middle-man to 5 stubborn adults with different agendas. Have you never heard of cooperation?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I thought I knew better
    I thought YOU were better than this
    I thought that you actually had real feelings for me..

which you do...after a pint or 10
    I thought perhaps we had a chance
    you had your chance and didn't take it

If I text and you don't respond untill three weeks later I'll take it as a "leave me alone, I'm not bothered"

Duly noted, but why give your phonenumber if you don't want to stay in touch? What was it with all the flirting, all the stories, the showing off? I guess I mistook ego tripping for an actual interest in me.

If I talked to a wall it would pay more attention. You talk about yourself but never ask me anything about me.

The last time you were here I woke up beside you and felt happy, it's ludicrous, I bet I'm not even on your mind, am I?

Try and find some happiness, with the way you're smoking and drinking I estimate you to be dead before 50, in which case you have roughly 14 years left.

I wish I could stop thinking about you, but here I am, for reasons unknown in love with an bordeline alcoholic, happy days :(

Call me when you're sober, should that day ever come...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

dear writer's brain,

kindly shut up and let me sleep, stop thinking about the possible 'what ifs'

writer:)

Dear counsellor,

thanks for the chat yesterday, one day I'll open up property and explain all the crap I went through

writer:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear T,

You're such an anal prick. Giving out because biscuits were left open. It wasn't just me you know, your beloved wife took some biscuits and didn't put tthem in the "designated jar". Ffs. Lighten up, you don't even eat the fupping biscuits. I wish I could say sll this to you. I wish I could move out but I can't. But believe me, the minute I get money, we're gone. And not for iindependence, but to get away from you. That day cannot come soon enough.

L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I'm really angry with myself, I went for a kick-about with some friends and I didn't have time to run back to my place so I borrowed some clothes and shoes from a friend. I knew it was bad but I kept playing because I don't know I'm too proud. I guess I was enjoying it. It was still an awesome day. But if i stopped when I did, it wouldn't be as bad. My feet are in bits, mammoth blisters. I was just starting to enjoy running again and now it'll be a few weeks before they heal. I feel so stupid. This is why I gave up sport and then you went and did what you always did, played through the pain and now I have to walk on the sides of my feet. Damm bunions!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I know you lied
    It hurts, my mind starts to travel
    I tried and cried
    But, I'm not sure this was right
    As I continue this battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I never once thought that my life would end up this way. I try not to focus on what other people have achieved and the life experiences they have had. When I look at my life it has been so difficult compared to regular people my age. I've had a failed marriage, numerous failed friendships, relationships, isolated from my peers for years due to social anxiety, dropped out of college. I have only had a full time job for 4 months of my adult life and I was fired from that. It is a long list of failures. If I had some good experiences which could counteract the bad then life wouldn't of been so bad. But I didn't. Instead for most of my life I have felt alone and abandoned.

I was bullied in school and was suicidal. Since then my mental health has detiorated to where I am now out of work for nearly a year on doctors orders. I take meds everyday and attend regular therapy.

The only thing that keeps me going is the hope that things will get better. I look like a normal person. On the outside I look like a well dressed, groomed woman. I get second looks from people regularly. But it's not a reflection of me on the inside. Inside I am filled with self hate and fear. People expect me to act in a certain way yet I can't. I hate being in social situations. I feel my awkwardness gets interpretated as rudeness. I wish I could let people know the inner battle that goes on inside me every single day. I over analyse every single situation I am in. I feel like a failure in every part of my life. If it wasn't for my medication I would struggle to get out of bed. My ability to learn and concentrate is totally diminished. God knows what kind of a career I will have.

I often think of the people who have left my life because they couldn't cope with me. I imagine the things they say like i am crazy and strange. From their perspective I can understand it. For years I didn't know that depression and social anxiety had overtaken my life. I just felt I was a horrible person and I felt powerless to change. I thought it was me who was the problem.

However way I act is not a reflection of who I am. I try so very hard to change and some days I fail spectacularly. I will get better. And when I do it will be due to my doctors, family and my therapist. It will not be due to people who feel they can waltz in and out of my life whenever they feel like it. Just because I have a mental illness it does not make you better than me. It can happen to anyone and I actually would never wish it on anyone.

I feel people think of me as rude, stupid, weird and just generally unfriendly. But maybe before you are rude to someone or bitch about them then take a second to remember that you don't know what goes on behind closed doors in their life. It would make life just a little bit easier for everyone if people could just try to be a little bit more understanding.

I really wish that this time next year I will read this post and hopefully things will have improved. I want to live in a different city, I want to live on my own, I want to work. I want to travel as much as I can. I want to see and learn as much as possible. I want to have so much fun and laughter in the rest of my life. I want a carefree and happy life. Because I really have never had that life.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

N,

You've blocked me and im devastated..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I loved you, but now I can't remember why. I don't know if that's sad or liberating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

P

Please just fuk off! I don't need snap chats of your face every day.....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The friendship is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I love you and I love your cooking. But please stop cooking me all of these delicious things, because I'm going to be fat by the end of it! :o

(first world problem, right? :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Dear S, my best friend, I think.
    Thanks for bailing on me yday. I don't know how you think you've financial issues. One minute your "broke" then suddenly your trying to plan two nights out.
    But thanks for ignoring me because I have started not to believe anything you say. But that's the hole you dug yourself. Let's see you try get out of these lies now.

Dear self obsessed S,
    I don't know why I bother trying to be a friend. You call me for long hours calls giving out about your ex M and I can't get a word in, but when I've a problem, you don't give a ****.

Dear C.
    Your hilarious. Not as a person, but your lies and bull crap. Your a horrible person.
    You went around and said your dad had cancer, your mum is going to die from a brain tumour and your sister isn't going to live for much longer. Really? That's strange because 6 years later, all your family are still standing. And none of them ended up in hospital.
    Oh and I'm the one you came running back to when you came home after disappearing for 2 years and stopped talking to everyone we knew because you had a new life.
    Oh and that girl in your college you couldn't stand to be around was weird, is the person who is in all your "check ins" and selfies with. Make up your mind?
    Oh and remember the last time we seen each other, the time you left bruises on my arms trying to stop me going home after a disastrous night out, and you got the gardai involved. And you still don't understand why I don't want to have anything to do with you? You need to look in the mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I sometimes wonder if I know you at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It'd be really nice if I wasn't the only single one in the group. It's been two years and nobody's given me a second look.

I just want someone to be there for me. It isn't that much to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

giggii wrote: »
    Dear New Boy,

I like you, you like me, and this thing that's going on now is really lovely. Haven't felt these butterflies in a bit... Last night was awesome, can't wait to see you again! :)

Ah well, so much for that, btw just deciding to ignore any correspondence for half a week after a very nice date is not the correct way to end things with someone you've been seeing for the last two months. I expected more from you. Your loss, I'm awesome.

Back to the drawing board, and by that I mean tinder... :/

Dear universe,

I'm lonely, not for company, but for intimacy. I have great friends, brill family members and good colleagues. I love my work, I enjoy the workplace. I don't lack company or fun or laughter or love. But I do lack physical contact, intimacy, touch, sex. Can't I just have one night of passion, even if it's not earth-shattering sex? One night where I can again experience what it's like to kiss and be kissed, to be touched and held, to fcuk, to hold hands, to sleep beside someone and wake with them. Its been so long, nearly 5 years. I can't remember what it was like anymore. I fantasise so much now, I find myself looking at men that I wouldn't usually find attractive, and wondering what it'd be like to get with them, just to experience that again. I'm craving it. I know I'm not good looking, and I'm overweight, but dammit, don't I deserve that bit of intimacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear me,

I have to stop looking at the laptop in the mornings before college, it distracts me and I end up going round like a headless chicken grabbing things at last minute, nearly forgot my lunch today:o Have some willpower!

from me:)

I love you. Did you know that? For half my life, since the moment I saw your face...no, before that even. I have loved you always. I knew you when we met, and you knew me (and you loved me anyway). How can a fool give that away? I was wrong. And sorry doesn't begin to cover it.

I go long periods of time thinking I'm finally over you. Until a moment like last night happens, and I am swept away, in us again. And I realise, I will always love you. There is no force greater than that; time nor distraction can't take back my heart from your possession.

I miss you far greater than I ever attempted to love you. And I loved you unwaveringly, with every fiber of my being. I just forgot to tell you. ...and now it's too late.

Someday, tell me why we didn't fight for each other, won't you? If ever our hands meet again, promise me you won't let mine slip away again.

• Advertisement

God, make this pain go away................please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Why am I so tired? It's exhausting

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chrome342

Dear A,

I'd like to think that you like me but you just left me hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

To the bully in work. I should never have let you get a rise out of me, but you caught me at my most vunerable. 15 years in the job and I have never acted that way. I was so disappointed with myself for reacting as I did. I am glad that you realised that taking me on is never going to end in your favour. Whatever is going on in my personal life I still should not have spoke that way to you and I'm glad that the situation was resolved to everyone's satisfaction in the end. Even though we don't see eye to eye I loathe drama in the workplace. I feel everyone should come and do their jobs, nothing more and nothing less. I was out of line and I'm glad everything is done with and we can move on.

To my wonderful boyfriend, Peanut, you have been so supportive this week. Especially with everything going on in my life, you are a treasure. I can't wait to be back in your arms tomorrow. You make me so happy. You always know the right thing to say and after only talking to you 30 seconds and you have me laughing again. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. You are an amazing person, the best person I have ever met.

To everyone online - I've had a really bad, low few days where I thought I was going crazy. I felt anxious, stressed, emotional, and I've been crying a lot. I am very lucky to have a lot of very kind, generous and supportive people around me. There are people out there that have no-one. I encourage everyone to try to be kind, to the people in your lives or complete strangers. Sometimes the smallest gesture of kindness can brighten a very dark day for someone. You never know when you may need it so please make sure you give kindness when you have the opportunity.

Enjoy the sunshine folks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

To my heart.
    Please stop palpitating. I'm worn out.
    Seriously, any day now would be good

Have all your options run out? Is that why you're back flirting with me? Two words mate, fcuk and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Dear dad, I know you're hurting a lot right now. I pledge to try and lift you.

Dear Men of the World, I will never understand you... You confuse me, no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I'm not going to give in this time, it's your turn but if you do things have to change.

Friendship is a two way street and at this stage you actions will speak a lot louder than anything you can say.

Miss you 😞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

You have changed so much, it's really really weird. You used to despise that stuff but now you're championing it like it's the best thing ever... so weird. I think you have a split personality.

Advertisement