Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

To humans,
    I really don't understand how ye function, and where you get ideas into your head. I'm so close to closing my FB because everything I say, I get the head taken off me when I'm actually making sense and am right, but when you actually listen to the reasons why I say things, oh!- you agree then! I can't win!!!
    And as usual, I'm the one saying "I told you so" when crap hits the fan.

And people wonder why I don't bother with them anymore.

From, misunderstood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Seriously currently K u and how you treated Mr I didn't deserve it .......i was si good to you why did you have to break my heart to pieces. ....why .

..i have so much to hey on with why oh why are you still suck a big part of my life.....why can't I have one good night withoutv you

oh god dont remember writing this!! :o

it was the mojitos and auto correct....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Dear body,
    stop being such a heap of crap. I'm sick of hurting myself every time I try to do normal, fun activities. I have pain and swelling in my arm just because I went bowling.

Dear woman who was in the bowling lane beside ours. I hurt myself because you kept rolling all the lighter balls over to your side so your little precious could use them, leaving me with the heavier ones. You kept giving me dirty looks every time I picked up the lighter ones. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

You didn't deserve it last night.

And I do apologize. It's just every time something just happens I get that little bit more frustrated.

It's not your fault so please don't apologize. **** happens beyond our control. It sucks but there's nothing we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

I don't know what happened to you to make you like this all of a sudden. You used to be my confidante, my unwavering support, and a big ball of fun and laughter with that. And I knew I meant the same to you. But now you're so cool it borders on being cold. It's almost like you're a parody of yourself in ways. I hate feeling like I'm annoying you, interrupting something you'd prefer to be doing or boring you whenever I've reached out the last few months. What has changed? Have I done something? :( It really, really hurts, D. You seem to be so normal with everyone else, why not with me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

You are in my head again recently, and I'm suddenly reminded of how much I really miss you. You shouldn't be in my head, because I am now with someone who's really great. But you were once my someone great, and I guess you'll always have a special place in my heart. I hope you have found or will find someone who makes you happy. I would love to know how you are, and if you managed to stay off the cigarettes. I'm really proud of you if you have managed to do that, as I know how much of a habit they were for you. I would love to catch up with you over coffee, I never wanted to lose touch. Even though I've moved on and you probably have too, I'm missing you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

B...

Stop poking me on fb.....seriously your just annoying now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

dear brother,

do not cross me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

hb mrk....dont party too hard...miss you sometimes, wish the nightmares would stop... take care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

There is obviously interest out there. So why the hell are you sticking it out in this miserable a$$ job. You hate it, have to drag yourself outta bed every morning and you deal with an endless supply of A$$oles including you supervisor.

You have the support of an amazing Boyfriend who would support you if you just walked outta here without another job so just bite the bullet and get another job woman!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

Little brother,

I don't know what the hell's gotten into you, but you can't go around threatening people and making such horrible accusations. It's not true, I am 100% sure and you know it too. It's the drugs talking. Don't even try to make out that we're oh-so-conservative and that's why I'm saying that - you know we're as liberal as they come. But trying to pretend you're not on a come-down and then throwing a massive tantrum like that is just ridiculous. You have no idea how much you've hurt him. I haven't seen him this upset in years. I was so happy to hear you'd gotten into a new relationship, but Jesus, you two are really damaging each other and everyone around you. It has to stop.

Dear world,

When did it become so acceptable to say really, really awful things in anger? Am I the only one who thinks it's not ok to just lash out and say the worst things you can think of when you're upset? I despair sometimes. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm sick of you all and the atmosphere in this house.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I actually can't believe I'm related to someone like you! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I can't bring myself to send this to the person I want to tell all of this to, so I figured it might help me somewhat to post it here, been an absolute wreck of a person the last few weeks...
    Decided not to go unregistered as I think that it's important for anyone in the same boat to be able to talk to each other in an environment like this, and noone I know well is on this anyway! Who knows, I might even get some advice myself!

Hey you,
    I’m aware that you probably won’t read this but I really felt that I needed to explain everything, partially for my own piece of mind and partially because I don’t want you to think that I am a crazy b**ch, well any more than I actually am anyway... The thing is I wasn’t always like this, and I completely despise the fact that I became such a needy clingy mess, because that’s not who I was at all.
    Remember the first night we got together, and I said that you were the first person I was with in over six months? That wasn’t a lie, and there was a pretty hefty reason for that too... The truth is I was in a pretty bad relationship with a guy that I was seeing for a little while, and one night we had a huge row after a night out and his brother and he turned on me. I was beaten, sexually assaulted and woke up in A&E. Between the shock and broken bones I was so heavily sedated that by the time I came around they had left the country before I could give a police statement. So they’ve essentially gotten away scott free after completely destroying my confidence, my self esteem and my trust in almost anyone. It’s only been in the last two or three months that I’ve actually had the courage to even speak to strangers again in a pub, and even now I sometimes have to just get out of there when the crushing feelings of panic and anxiety start to kick in, it hasn’t been that long ago that a guy even offering to buy me a drink hasn’t even resulted in me running out of a place unable to catch my breath. Remember when we were talking about what it felt like when you get winded. It’s just like that, except that it feels that it will never be right again.
    And that’s why I was more than a little full on with you, and I know that this isn’t your fault or your problem but it’s not who I normally was. You were the first person in a very long time to make me feel like I was a real person, you respected me and treated me well and most of all didn’t make me feel like a fragile victim, the way that my friends and family have treated me since it all happened. When I was with you I actually felt like myself again, like a huge part of me hadn’t been ripped away and left me a completely hollow wreck. I had started to even like myself again, and not feel the need to get drunk or stoned to the point of oblivion to forget everything that happened and how much I had started to really dislike myself. And I’m so grateful to you for doing that for me. I started to feel like a real person again and even just the shortest message from you just brightened my day. And that’s why I was so f**king mental as well. A very close friend from home killed himself, and not a single person had even an inkling he was anyway depressed. We’d only been seeing each other a few weeks and you had no obligation whatsoever to come and see me but I just really wanted you there and I pushed it and I’m sorry. I bombarded you with messages because I wanted you there so badly, and I'm completely aware of how insane I must have come across. I made you uncomfortable and I'm so sorry.

I can completely see how I came across and I can see how it must have freaked you out and pushed you away from ever wanting to see me and I completely understand it. It was completely my fault. I got way too invested way too soon and I know I f**ked it up and I’m so so sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, it was never my intention. You’re one of the best people I’ve met in a very long time, and you’ve so many great qualities that it’s difficult not to get too invested in something with you (not that that’s your fault) and with everything that happened I know I took it way too far. Once I realised that I had completely f**ked up any chance of a romantic relationship with you I just wanted to meet you and to explain all of this. Not to get back together (I wouldn’t take back the fragile crazy girl and wouldn’t blame you either...) but just to explain to you that this wasn’t always me, but circumstance has turned me into this person that I don’t even like being around anymore. It’s a shame you didn’t get to meet me then, I was pretty damn awesome and you would have thought so too I’m sure. I’m getting there, slowly but surely and every day is a little bit easier but I still have a long way to go, I’m like Iranroid Eireann’s impossibly Irish slogan, “not there yet but we’re getting there”. And I totally get you not wanting to meet up with me after all that even just to tell you these things, so I decided to write this to (frankly quite poorly) explain what was going around in my stupid, manic brain, and most importantly to apologise. I hate that I f**ked it all up, made you feel (understandably) really uncomfortable and pretty much made it impossible to even try to be your friend. And, at the very, very least I really wanted to be friends with you, *****. You’re a really great guy and I would have really valued a friendship with you.

I really did care about you a hell of a lot and this is something I’m going to regret for a very long time. I’m just so sorry about the way I acted and this letter is just an explanation of my actions. I’m aware it’s not nearly enough but I really just needed you to know that this isn’t how I’ve always been and I’m sorry that you had to see me in a mess like this. I miss talking to you every day and I’m so sorry for f**king this whole thing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear California,

It's almost been ten years. You were the best time of my life. The beginning to what would be a decade of travel, of laughter, love, pain, turmoil, insecurity, confusion and frustration. Stomach-jumping adventure. Privilege and incredible luck.

I have all the memories locked away. But they're still so vivid. Sitting here listening to some sappy John Mayer song that used to hog the airwaves at the time, that I used to blast on my disc man - remember those? - walking that highway to Sac university every morning. Stopping off for Starbucks, walking that sun-drenched path behind the baseball pitch, meeting with the beautiful A and the crazy, wonderful N, sitting in class listening to the American accents and wondering how I got here. Wishing it would never end.

I cried my heart and soul out that last day in San Francisco. I cried in the lashing rain in the car park as I said goodbye to S, as he stooped down for one final kiss and I knew I would never see him again. My chest ached with so much pain when A drove away. My beautiful best friend. My American sister. "You're like an Irish version of me". God, I still miss her. We have no place in each others' lives, but my heart still aches for her sometimes.

"It's not the end" she said. "It's the beginning."

And I guess it was. The beginning of so much.

But god, I still pine for you. For the sunshine, the scenery, the relentless cheer and optimism. The promise of so much. The freedom, the new friends. The will to just get in a car and drive, with no clue of where we were going.

I'm older now, gainfully employed where I once was a broke student, confident where I once was so insecure, weathered by life and all its ups and downs, where I once was so naive. I look better than ever, I feel a lot more steady on my feet, but I feel old sometimes. I miss the innocence of those days. I miss being excited about what lay ahead, instead of worried about it.

I've loved you as I have loved my 20s. A part of me feels like you may have been my true home - more than Canada ever was, more than the UK ever will be.

I have so much to be grateful for. Jesus, so much. But I still long for you. I still long for a piece of that unbridled happiness that used to hit me as I passed Starbucks on the way to college. I hope, more than anything, that I can have that again.

Here's to a new decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Dear S1
    I wish I hadn't sent that drunk text, but I was hurt by your friend and was hurt by you dumping me. It wasn't easy for a few days but I dealt with it (much like I've dealt with everything in my life so far). I hope you are doing well and I wish I had the stones to message you and apologise for my stupidity and tell you that we did have a great time together and it's ok that it ended. We are both better off I think.

Dear S2
    Stop being so over-bearing. You're awesome and we have only just started talking but when you say things that make you sound clingy I can't help but be a bit put off. It mightn't even work out between us (even though I hope it does) and get annoyed by reading things between the lines that aren't there or that I don't text you back within a hour isn't raising my confidence that it will. I like you but we haven't even started going out yet. Cool the jets.

Dear J
    I have no idea how to tell you that your attitude towards women when you are sober vs when you are drunk are weird. Your supposed to know how people think and yet you can't see that the facade you hide behind day-to-day when sober isn't healthy. For you, your wellbeing or for your future. You are so different when you are drunk it's weird. I love you like a brother, me and you have gone through, and helped each other get over, some tough times together but please, go see someone about this. I want you to be happy and to deal with the sh1t that's happened in your past

Dear Mam
    I don't tell you this enough but I love you. I wasn't sure when I left for college that we would be able to repair our relationship but boy was I wrong. You were right about most things and moving out helped me mature. Now that I'm back at home until I re-start college it's great, me and you get on like a house on fire. Don't change!

Dear Kildare,
    stop being such a sh1thole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You can be heard. The walls are thin. I criticise myself every day, but it's different when you hear someone else doing it behind your back. It hurts and I'm lying in bed before 8am crying because of you. I was told I need to be more confident, you even said it, but how can I be confident when stuff like this happens?

EDIT:
    Stop asking me what's wrong because I can't tell you. I can't tell you because I wasn't supposed to hear you. If I told you that I heard you you'd argue with me and state your case until I said you were right.

Lately every time I say something you jump down my throat and when I defend myself I'm the one that's moody. I'm tired of this. I know I'm not an angel but I can't be wrong all the time. I can't be. You've made me feel lousy about myself.

I know you're doing me a favour by being in the car while I'm practicing driving but pressing your imaginary brake and shouting at me isn't helping. I'm a nervous wreck when I'm in the car with you. I'm only waiting for you to say something or tell me I did something wrong.

The atmosphere around here lately is horrible. Even Dad has said so, but he won't say it because he wants to stay in the good books.

I wish I could get a job, I'm really trying. I hate being at home all day. I hate it. Wednesdays are a god send, I can get out of here for couple of hours and I feel like I have something to get out of bed for. I'm so down but all you can do is pick at every little thing I do that you see as wrong. You're my mother and I love you to bits but I'm tired of all this. I thought all this was over but I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Dear back pain,

Please, please, go away. This isn't a life, this is not living. I am merely existing. For the past year, this is how it has been. My job, my relationship, my financial security hang in the balance because of you. Please go away.

Tarzana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Never in a million years would I have thought that of you. ...never...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Dear self,

starting from May 1st I'm going to do 1000 words a day, and keep to it. This book will be written:)

from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Dear family and friends

In future the answer will be yeah I'm grand because that's all you want to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

When will my life start again? Tell me this isn't it, this can't be it.

Your forewarning last month about falling off my proverbial pedestal did not prepare me for the high dive you jumped off of last night, into deep waters. Congratz, you just reaffirmed my belief that men and leaders are inherently untrustworthy... Don't you worry about my faith in God, the part you destroyed was my personal esteem.... Hope it was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Dear future boss (hopefully)

Please like me....VOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

I cant believe I'm actually sitting here crying over you, you turned out to be a liar and a cheat and now you've replaced me just like that! All those words you told me were lies too, you charmed me, used me and then stuck the knife in. I hope you can live with yourself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

To the loud f-er,
    Please, just shhhhh!! Just shut up! Shut up! Shut up!!!

From the girl who can't hear her own conscience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Dear Horrible Ex,
    Remember when you dumped me after 2 years together and right after I told you I was struggling with anxiety issues? I thought I would never be ok again after that devastation.
    2 years later I am living and working in a city the other side of the world, one I always wanted to live in. My life is far from perfect, but I'm living my dream and have been for the last year.
    What are you doing? Slaving away in a job that has zero prospects due to your massive lack of qualifications and lack of experience in the area, with a girlfriend who, while I'm sure is very nice, bears an eerie resemblance to yours truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

today I was in the area and I almost missed my turn, cause I thought I was going home. Then I remembered it's not my home anymore,it's yours and I now live elsewhere. My heart broke for a moment! I had to remind myself that YOUR AN ABSOLUTE BAST### AND ITS YOUR FAULT! I hope u miss me but I doubt you do:( please heart hurry on and heal and help me get through this

Dear body, why can't you and I get on the same page? I need you to work properly and stay functional. I am so sick of being sick or broken all the time. It just bites... And no one around me would understand if I told them how I feel, so just get yourself together! C'mon already! We have a life to live! ...and it has to get better than this...our patience is running thin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I got paid 3 hours ago and I already have no money. Did I even get any enjoyment out of the money? No. Prescriptions, consultant's fees, bills and groceries, that is it. I couldn't even afford to buy a coffee in town and sit down somewhere for a rest.
    This is what my life is now. May bank holiday weekend sitting in like every other weekend, no money to go anywhere, not invited anywhere anyway.
    Thanks, big thumbs up there, 27 years of age, good job, no mortgage but because of you, I still have no money. I hope you rot in hell.

Advertisement