Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Me again,
    You're actually okay. You didn't mess that one up as much as you thought, over-thinking everything again as usual. :o :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thank you, just thank you, for being professional, and kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

this blanket still smells of you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Dear Self,

Learn to say no! If people only contact you when they want something, they don't deserve these "life-saving" favours. Especially not for blimmin free!!! You're stuck here and your plans for the next few days are in danger of being messed up. Woman up, for goodness' sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

She's not you. I love you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear God, thanks for listening. Thanks for all this now. I am very grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

To the person who gave birth to me and chose drink instead of her daughter,
    stop bugging me. I'm ignoring you and have been for the past few months because you mentally effect me. I get angry and upset after a phone call. After 13 years you still can't get it into your head that your not supposed to call me when you've drunk a litre of vodka, even after the judge told you not to.
    Not talking to you makes my mental state clear. I can sleep without anger.
    The bricks on my shoulders that I've been carrying around for the past 13 years, since 8, are gone. It feels great. I can finally breathe.

Thank God T understands why I do it. He's the only one in the family who understands. Everyone else just wants to put the trouble you cause in my direction. They don't want to put up with the crap, the gardai and the physical and verbal abuse. But they think I'm ok after you chocked me and damaged my shoulder, and say I shouldn't report it?
    Your a burden. My life is MINE. I have to let go of you. I have to start caring about ME for once.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Why?!!

Dear self,

Just put all my writing together for the first time ( was doing it in different word documents for each chapter). Manuscript actually starting to look real, 9 chapters and 14120 words. you can do this! :D

From ATC:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

You looked so sad and tired when I saw you yesterday, I really hope the move home does you good, I still really worry and care about you. Take care of yourself, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up properly before you left but thanks for helping out yesterday with my car.

There's always going to be a bit of me that loves you, I think it's best leaving it upto fate though, you don't seem in the right frame of mind for anything right now, but please please please look after yourself, I miss you so much and would be devastated to hear of anything happen to you.

S xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear neighbors,
    what the heck is wrong with ye? The only time I can get some proper peace and quiet in my own home is when you are out. But of course you are there about 90% of the time! Where were you brought up - the fricking circus? You must be acrobats or trained elephants or something, considering the amount of hopping, running and jumping you seem to do throughout the entire goddamn day. The whole place shakes, doors open because you move around so much. And you are so LOUD, good Lord! You interrupt my every thought with your yelling and whooping and giggling. You seem to chase each other around a lot. Eh, you are adults! And one of you snores like a goddamn chainsaw, so even when you sleep you're irritating. For the sake of my sanity, I hope to God you move out soon. You've been arguing a lot lately so ..... God forgive me, I'm hopeful.. I wish I could come pound on your door instead of just writing this to let off steam. Alas, I cannot. Woe is me.

Oh - and your nosiness is annoying too. I'm getting sick of hearing the peephole cover sliding every time I pass your door. Get a life! A quieter one.

Sincerely,
    Vexed

dear person who shall rename nameless

Thanks for making me feel even more singled out than I do already, ok fair enough, I know my attendance in said organisation has been very low but at the time I wasn't well physically or mentality, I think everyone deserves a second chance don't they?

from a very annoyed ATC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

If there's any justice in the world, I would be able to forget about you... This just isn't fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Any chance you could, y'know, not walk around in your boxers? It's nearly midday ffs, put on some clothes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I have developed a severe pain in my head, to the point where I can barely concentrate on what I'm saying. I literally cannot afford anymore medical bills, I can't. I am at my breaking point. I hate to use catastrophic language without it being warranted but I genuinely feel like I am at my breaking point. I feel like I need to concentrate on dealing with my current problem and getting back to work and then I can speak to my GP about yet another health issue.
    I just don't know where I'm going to get the money from to fund everything, another MRI this week, physio, other rehab, on and on it rolls.
    Until you smashed your way into my life I was just starting to tread water again, just starting to come back to the surface of life and being able to afford some social life and then BAAAAAM! I was pushed under water again.
    I have always wanted a time machine, ever since the first time but now I really really want it, I would just love to go back to January, I had so much ahead of me, a gig, a hen party, a wedding, a holiday - all of which I had to cancel, not to mention my whole life being on hold because I physically couldn't drive for 2 months and now I've been told to keep my driving to a minimum and I'm in so much pain and on so much medication that I can't do normal everyday stuff anyway.
    I HATE YOU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I haven't had more than three days off since September. I studied 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 3 months for exams. Not including study I did before this. I've gotten firsts or high 2.1s in all of my continuous assessment over the past 4 years. I landed an insanely amazing internship because of my excellent results a while ago. But because of two bad weeks during my exams, coupled with a horrible thesis supervisor, I'm barely graduating with a degree. I now have the awful task of telling some HR person that I can no longer take my job offer.

I know I'm an embarrassment. I know you can't jump on Facebook like your friends are doing and say how proud you are of me. I know you're going to have to come to my graduation and be the parents of the lowest in the class. But it would be nice if you could stop with the "keep practicing your lines for McDonalds". I feel like I've basically wasted the last 4 years of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭jellybear

Forgot your own rule there didn't you? :) Oh and the day I do anything you ask me, or in this cause tell me, to will be the day hell freezes over ;) Sure I don't even know you!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I am a complete ball of stress and anxiety today, making it so hard for me to concentrate in work.

I don't understand what I have done for you to be acting this way?

I feel sick :(

Dear college,

I went back to college today after my week away and only one person asked how my holiday went, you'd swear the others didn't know/notice I was gone!

Dear b,

I'm really beginning to like you ;):)

From ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dear Boss,
    You seem to be in a panic that I will be away from the office for two whole weeks soon. Now everything is urgent, I have to try and sort my junior staff member with work while I'm away and you'd swear the business wouldn't run if I wasn't in the office. Suddenly this morning a job I had been keeping for my junior while I'm away was now urgent and had to be done today (on her day off). Now I have it done but now I have to try organise more work in for her while I'm away! It's kinda nice to know that I would be missed and all that but the stress of the weeks leading up to holidays makes me wonder if it's even worthwhile taking time off...

• Advertisement

Dear W

I am so glad I sent that email to you. I know you got it as you told A. You have not realised but A has been telling me what has been going on in your life over the past while.

I knew when you read the email you would have been surprised at what I told you. I knew you would have found it hard to read how and when I knew the truth about you and M.
    You knew how I cared about you but you decided I was not good enough. Instead you got involved with M and look how that turned out. All of what you have been though in the past few months is entirely your own fault.
    If your friends know the truth about you and me they would be telling you to contact me now and try to make amends for what happened in the past.

I know the other information I told you would have been a surprise for you also. The truth was I could have sent this email sooner but I wanted to wait until the right time before sending this.
    I hope you take heed of the advice I give you in the email because at this stage you need to make some changes in your life to improve things for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

oh you sly f**ker. just move out already. you're so sleazy and no-one likes you. I swear if you dig your heels in and refuse to leave, I will ring the guards.

Well, you reap what you sow, don't you? I wish I could say I feel sorry for you but honestly, it's good to know I was in the right all along.

You could have avoided all this if you'd listened to us and valued our contributions, instead of believing you knew best. I wonder if you'll ever realise that. I wonder if you know that everyone but you could predict how this would end. I wonder if you're aware how much stress you caused other people and that that's why they all jumped ship before it sank. I doubt it somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ok I think it's time for you to be a grown up now. You have spent long enough acting like a teenager and getting your parents to pay for everything for you and they have been generous to you paying for your social life and your holidays. They have had patience dealing with your strops when things don't go your way. Now that you have finished college you are moaning about your parents making you look for a job - hello what did you spend 3 years in college for - to be more qualified to get a job in your area of interest! You need to look for a job for you, not because your parents are telling you to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Stop giving me grief about wanting to go on a holiday instead of coming abroad with you that weekend and basically working for you for free and paying for the priviledge. Ive held the fort while everyone else has been off when they choose, I have worked 6 or 7 days a week for the past year jesus can I just have three days to go and relax with friends.

I am so f**king tired of spending my entire life accomodating everyone else except myself. At this rate I might as well just work until I fall down so everyone else doesnt have to compromise ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Dear Neighbours,

It is hard for us to pick just what we liked most about your (gazillionth) party last night (a week night) as there is just so much to choose from.

Was it the people sitting on the bench in your front garden entertaining us (and our wide-awake daughter) with their loud and amusing banter during various smoking breaks?

Was it the wonderful pair who struck up a duet on the piano at 1am that consisted of them banging out random notes repeatedly for a good 15 mins, or the girl who walked around your back garden at the same time, having a very loud argument on her phone?

Was it the thumping dance music bouncing off our walls, or the endless roaring and shouting? The non-stop galloping up and down the stairs or the way everyone eventually spilled out into the back garden waking up half the neighbourhood?

We finally chose our favourite thing though: it was such a joy to hear ‘Happy Birthday’ being sung for roughly the 12th time this year to yet another person who doesn’t live there! It’s a great song!

Your (ever-hopeful-the-bank-will-repossess) neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

From Nanna, FROM Nanna.
    6 months and not a word from you and the card you sent me signed off with fcking FROM!?!?!?! I know you took her side in it all of course you did she's your daughter, but when she left did she take your love for me with it?
    Fine, be exactly like her, I'm done with you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I should feel excited and hopeful for the future. Instead I'm questioning pretty much every major decision I've made so far and panicking. And you can't possibly understand :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bro, seriously... You're almost 22 years of age. Get up, get off your phone and make your own f**king sandwich. Mam is just in the door after being on a night out.

And you're worse for making him the bloody sandwich. And you wonder why he can't do a thing for himself. You'd nearly wipe his a*se if he asked!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭jellybear

And so I 'meet' another nasty, ignorant one of you. Is nastiness a trait you need to have to get the job? Seriously.

Advertisement