Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why do you still keep popping into my head? You've moved on, obviously, you've got a little girl now. I really wish someone would make me forget about you. You were no good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Mom,

I know you're at a wedding this weekend but hurry on home, I have some editing to do and I need your help!

Love,

ATC:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Aw Peanut, I can't wait to see you. Only 2 more days - it's feels like years since I saw you last.

2 more days.
    Then I get loads of kisses and cuddles and LOVE!

CAN'T. WAIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

To You,
    One whole year today I'm free.. Can't believe how much has changed and I'm sooo much better off.
    Who knew all this was waiting? I just needed to escape to find it.

Dad, thank you for being my hero...

Penny... we did it.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

I don't know how to interpret your attentiveness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Since I put an end to our friendship, what happened has been playing over in my mind and I go from feelings of guilt and pity to relief that I'll never have to put up with your **** again.

I know what I did had to be done and it was a long time coming. I have to remind myself of the time we lived together and you hid when rent was due because you'd spent it all on eating out even though you earned as little as me. I stupidly forked out the money to keep the landlady off our backs and from a sense of responsibility I've always had. It was me she dealt with as I had the language to communicate with her and you knew that but still you hid. I excused your behaviour because your parents had bought you an apartment and a car and provided you with pocket money and when you moved to Spain at the age of 38, it was your first time working and supporting yourself completely. You acknowledged you'd been overindulged so I took pity on you.

I have to remind myself of the times you talked incessantly about your ex and every minor issue you two had. I was going through my own stuff during that time that was completely ignored. You'd ask me a few questions like a neighbour in a lift making small talk might but not out of any genuine concern for me. I knew it then but excused it as there were times we did have a laugh and I liked those times. I'm a listener naturally but I also like conversations to be two-way and they never were.

Then you met this new guy who sounded lovely but at the same time, I was having a few problems of my own. They'd found a tumour in my stepmother and I was worried sick because it was so obscure they couldn't diagnose it and we all assumed it was cancer. I'd a few other not-so-serious personal problems but important to me nonetheless that I wouldn't have minded discussing with a friend. I told you them when you went through the motions of asking me a few small talk questions at the start of our meet ups. I felt that you didn't give a ****e and it was just a warm up for the main performance: you. You didn't ask me in all this time how my stepmother was even though you knew. I think that was the final straw for me. My old friends visited Madrid and I was reminded what real friendship was about.

I do regret how it all came out. When I met you after a month and half - a month and a half since we'd had our last argument because you'd shouted at a metro worker for doing something he couldn't have done anyway. You had a terrible habit of biting the heads off people in service positions and I always wanted the ground to swallow me up. That last time I called you out on it because I was completely mortified by you. You retaliated by telling me I was a bad friend and friends were supposed to be supportive of each other always. Tbh, I won't support a friend when she acts like a dickhead - our idea of friendship was always very different though.

So we met up and the minute you met me, you went on a rant about the new guy and some trivial thing he'd done that was yet another non-issue that I'd dealt with repeatedly with the last guy. I fell silent. You'd called me up to be your audience again -rent-an-ear- but I knew I couldn't take it. You saw my reaction and you said, "Oh you're angry with me too! Thanks a lot!" and I told you what I'd been feeling but it came out all garbled. I'm not the most eloquent of speakers at the best of times and least of all when I'm angry. I calmed down and told you the friendship was over and I walked away.

Why do I feel guilty? Because you were often nice and I know you're not a bad person - you just didn't really care about me though you often called me your best friend. You admitted to being self-absorbed (your words) and I respected your honesty but it's impossible to be friends with someone like that. If it was possible, I would've loved to have ended this friendship more civilly and for both of us to agree that we're better of without one another - . We didn't argue a lot but when we did, it was explosive and I know it hurt us both and it was getting to the point where I felt it wasn't worth my time fighting for our friendship. You were annoyed that I'd always put off meeting up and I was too cowardly to explain why and too cowardly to admit to myself the real reason.

I suppose when you're away from home and you arrive in a country, you tend not to be too picky about who you befriend. You were one of the first people I met here and we did get on great initially but I suppose we both discovered sides we didn't like about each other - for me I didn't enjoy meeting up with you anymore and that's why I put it off. I should've been more upfront with you though and you deserved that.

Anyway, you owe me money which I need back as I'm unemployed for the next 2 months at least. I sent you my bank details and I need you to do the right thing though I'm not hopeful. Best of luck with it all, S. Sorry it had to end in such a messy, hurtful fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Z

Do you think I deserve to be treated this way. You know my situation at the moment but you have done nothing to help me out what so ever. What you told me in the past few days was the final straw for me.

I decided to speak to my friend N and ask them for there opinion.
    They were annoyed when I told them the whole story. At this stage they said they could not believe the way you have been treating me. I said one thing to N and they agreed with me.
    You don't want to help me at the moment due to a number of reasons.
    I am not stupid. I won't be treated this way any longer. It is about time you realised that unless you help me I have only one choice I to make.
    It is about time you realised that what you sow you reap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I can't believe it's 8 months tomorrow. I miss you so much. I wish I could feel your hands on my face or the way it felt when you hugged me. I miss you so much and I don't know if I'm coping like I should be..

Stop pressuring me woman! You know how fragile my circumstances are and yet you push to improve your own interests.
    You are piece of work - don't think because I am quiet that I don't recognise your blatant manipulation of peoples' kindness.
    I wish I didn't live here, because of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear you. Loneliness sucks but you need to be happy in yourself first. Things are changing for you, your life is falling into place everything else will be a bonus, leave your bitterness of the past behind, don't let their happiness hurt you, forgive and move on which will be easier said than done.

You are worthy of love, just because they didn't love you doesn't mean you are unlovable, you are worthy of love and respect. Try not let your weight define you, ten pounds lighter or ten heavier you will still be you and still worthy of love .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Dear Dad

Happy Father's Day.
    What do you think you have done to deserve that? You were a drunk my whole childhood. Every big occasion, Christmases, weddings, funerals, All Ireland finals all ruined by you being drunk, embarrassing our family in front of friends, family, strangers. I don't know how many times I wanted the ground to swallow me up. And that's just in public, what went on at home was horrible. Christmas decorations pulled down and smashed, dinner tables upturned, windows smashed, doors broken from being slammed, the whole house wrecked, all the time. Of course, my mother was just as bad but you made her that way with your drinking. I don't remember her ever being normal, always remember her being a bit odd. She's even worse now but I can't take responsibility for that, it's not my problem. And anyway, she wasn't an angel herself. She was so manipulative, always trying to build our hopes up and then knock them down. There are so many words I can't even hear now without getting a shiver down my spine, she used to take what she felt about you out on us. Do you know how many times I heard "I'm going to knock you out?" How embarrassing to go to school on Mondays for PE and having to ask to sit out because I had welts on my legs or bruises on my arms.
    It was my birthday 3 weeks ago, neither of you wished me a happy birthday. What's up with that? I was still in single digits the last time I got a birthday card.

I don't get another chance at my childhood. That was it and it's done, in the past. However, I do have control over my life now, my present and future and if I choose to exclude you, that's the choice you forced me to make.
    Anyway, I can't be in that house. I know you don't know all the reasons why and you probably never will because it would tear everyone apart, I don't want to be the centre of a court case.

I just want to scream that at your stupid face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I wish I could say Happy Fathers Day to you, and make our kids get you breakfast in bed.

You are the most deserving man ever, you deserve to be a father, but here we are childless, Happy enough but always........ Wondering......

while the worlds most spiteful parent ever, posts pics all over Facebook of his 6th child just born, celebrating his 72nd birthday with his tart! Stating his life has just begun with this baby, 45 years after his last child was born, cop on, while we have to pick up the pieces you left, what the hell were you thinking ......

My mum is a saint living with you for 50 years, now she cannot find the will to move on, and you keep posting pics of all your parties on Facebook, we all have high hopes of slow .........and ....painful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Dear T. You may be having a hard time or issues but that does not give you the right to take it out on others. We aRe all going through tough times in one way or another. Oh and don't worry I won't be calling for a while. I know where I'm not wanted. Good job I have a thicker skin these days!!

To me, get a grip n try to be happy/ content

:) miss you... already. HAVE FUN YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Dear lumpy thighs,
    I will get rid of you and your blasted cellulite. It drives me insane that I can't wear shorts. It's so difficult to find pants that fit as what fits my thighs is too big on my waist. And what fits my waist restricts my movements because it is so tight. Thats if I can even get it on. You make my bottom half 2 sizes bigger than my top half. However no more will I let you ruin my life. I will run and I will squat until I get I squeeze the life out of you.

Very annoyed female

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

You are an asshole nothing more to it.

Speaking to me like I'm a piece of dirt is unacceptable. I have more experience here.

I shouldn't have to leave work in years because of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭jellybear

Wow...
    This is starting to cost more than a pretty penny! Kinda taking the shine off it (pardon the pun!) How do we say that to you though? :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear C

Thanks for your freindship over the past few months. You listend to me when I told you about me and W. You were there for me when it all went wrong. You let me know what has been happening in his life and he has no idea of this. A few months ago I told you that x happend and last week I told you that y happend.
    You then said to me that you have had some 6 months and being honest the last 6 months have not been easy. You listend and give me advice. You helped me laugh and made me feel better about myself when things were far from good in my life. I won't forget this.

Dear M
    What can I say to you at this stage. You have been a true friend to me over the past few months. You where there for me though all of what happended between me and W. You give me your time which I know was not always easy for you to do. You made me laugh when I hit the bad patch's over the past few months. You were not impressed when I told you my lastest news. You helped me see that I deserve to be treated better than I have been by certain people in my life. The last time we spoke you told me some confidental information. After hearing this I realised that you may need my support over the next while. I will be glad to help you out any way I can after the support and freindship you gave to me over the past while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I'm so jealous of all you people with your plans and your fun. Do you want to know why my Facebook is just full of my dogs? Because I have nothing else.
    I would love one friend, just one friend to be kind to, to confide in, to share things with, to help out, just to chat to. Just one.
    What do all of you think? That I have other friends? Well have you not noticed I never mention anyone else and I never go anywhere or do anything?
    My life is empty.
    I am very happy in my own company but everybody needs somebody.

You. You're a fcuking peace of work. You can help someone when you know you'll be thanked on Facebook, but you can't visit your brother? He's got lung cancer and you couldn't give a flying fcuk. Someone's dog has pups and you come running. You witch.

• Advertisement

Happy birthday. Despite everything, I do hope you're doing OK and that you've gotten your act together for your daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I hope you break first this time because I won't but I just want to say that I miss you. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

Everything is so much clearer now. Nothing that happened was my fault, if it was I would admit it and apologise. You on the other hand cannot even admit you did anything wrong let alone apologise for it.

You are a narcissist/sociopath, you lack empathy, you lie, you cheat, you set out to ruin people to feed your ego. You care about nobody but yourself. Its not your fault its just the way you are wired! No person and no medication can fix you so in a way I feel sorry for you.

I was very vulnerable when I met you and you charmed your way into my life and tried to ruin me but in the end you actually saved me, you cheated and discarded me for your new vulnerable supply when you realised you couldn't manipulate me anymore and for that I am grateful.

My heart goes out to the new girl but neither she nor you are my problem anymore. Thank you for the lesson... I feel like a weights been lifted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

The past 2 months...

I really don't know what I did to deserve anyof this.

Slowly wearing me down mentally.

it seems everything has just been going to poop and I can't cope.

I feel no positive things anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Hope you are having a whale of a time and have a fantastic life ahead of you, even if it has nothing to do with me.
    I often think of your sister and your father, I hope they are doing well considering all that has went on.
    We never would have worked, but it was great when it did and I look back fondly with a twinge of anger at myself for it falling apart. Its good for both of us to not be around each other any more, some people are only temporary, good when they are there but a time comes for new. Damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So on the verge of calling you up and asking what the hell is going on. I don't want uncertainty. And you can **** off if that's what you expect me to put up with.

Dear me, stop thinking so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

You annoy me. You really do. I know you're actually an all right and decent guy, you have a bit of dark humour but some things you say just floor me. I mean if it was anyone else they'd run a mile from you or hit you a slap!! What you said today was meant as a joke, but it's me you said this to, the one person you know who will over think it and pull apart. And then I get this vibe off you sometimes, it's like you don't even want me around. I am sorry for inconveniencing you with my presence. And yes I might be coming off a bit distant BECAUSE the vibes you're sending out, the way you just behave around me, it's off putting.

Maybe I am over thinking it but this has being going on for a while. I observe things and I am not as much of an idiot as you think I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I'm fully over you (again). So this means that you'll finally decide that you really want to catch up for the first time in over a month. Because you take me for granted when I'm around, and then realise you miss me when I grow some backbone and stay away.

I'm a polite person. I'm not going to ignore someone when they make an effort. But just don't expect things to go back to how they were.

Hey boss, thanks for making me feel special this morning. I don't get that often, and I so needed it today.

• Advertisement

Just keep going, you're getting back to where you were. You were 1lb off your 4th stone, now you're 6.5lbs away. Less than half a stone and you finally get your 4th stone. You can do this!

Advertisement