Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Dear ...:(
    I feel sick constantly, it is so hard to keep my mind occupied.
    Nothing is helping me come to terms with this. I really have tried hard.
    Visiting friends filled me with guilt and anxiety - That's not how it should be, why should I feel guilty for visiting friends, when I am free to do as I like?
    I am thankful that my very few friends were still there for me when I needed them, after excluding them from my life for you.
    I am hurting a lot and panicking often, affecting everything I do at the moment.
    I should not feel unsafe and uneasy when I leave my home.
    It is time for me to get you out of my head and time for you to leave this rest. It has been your decision, never forget that. I was willing to compromise and build together.
    I have lost a big part of my happiness and need to be free to rebuild that in a different way, without constant negative feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭jellybear

Here's to a fun weekend! London baby!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Oh Jesus you're an idiot. Back to the drawing board yet again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Relieved that this weekend wasn't tough. In fact it was pretty damn epic :D I will only think of bondage the next time I hear that song :D:D E, S, T, N, E, J, J. Thank you you durty biatches xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I honestly don't know what to make of you dad. I honestly don't. I don't think it's depression you have, I think it's something a lot darker, a lot more sinister and manipulative than that. I think you use the depression thing to garner sympathy, to make sure you are a victim to a horrible disease. You've made damn sure you've twisted it around to suit yourself. The real person that has depression is mam. She's put up with you for so many years, made excuse after excuse for you because she didn't want us to see the ugly side of you. Yes she was naive, she should have ran for her living day lights, but you've broken her spirit so many times and made sure she stuck around because you're twisted mind frightened her. I know you would never lay a finger on her but emotional abuse can be just as bad.

The only person you love is yourself and if you're not happy, then the world and it's mother has to know it about it. You blow things way out of proportion, take things to literally and when you're proven to be wrong you simper back down but only to play the victim. What you have done in the past 24 hours is sickening. Just because you were inconvenienced yesterday did not give you the right to pick on me for the day. Mam tried to intervene, pulled you to one side and told you to cop on but no, you still had to be the belligerent bollocks you have always being.

You've ruined what was meant to be a happy time. I don't get to see you guys that much at all, especially now that I am working flat out. I gave up my bed and my room for you, so you didn't have to sleep in the ****ty spare bed and make **** of your back. Myself, OH and his sister welcomed you into our house, tried our best to make you feel at home and you threw it back in our faces. You had mam and little sister in bits before they left this morning. You made them cut short their holiday, all because of your selfishness.

I am at my wits end with you. I love you but I ****ing hate you at the same time. Until you realise the error of your ways and apologise to myself and OH for what you did, it'll be a cold day in hell before I speak to you again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear illness,

I'd forgotten just what a beast you are, I had a few months pain free. In the last few weeks though, the familiar uncomfortable feeling, the feeling as if your insides are swollen, the itchiness and the sharp pain has come back to haunt me. I wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for my ex. When I ended in hospital, there a year or two ago he swore to me he didn't sleep with anyone else. Looking back on this now, I have my doubts

F*** off herpes

From ATC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I’ve loved you as I’ve hated you.

The long hours, the endless flurry of breaking news
    The unravelling of my personal life; the stale coffee and crap food
    The unending adrenaline ride as my physical self falls to pieces

These graveyard shifts.
    Obama, earthquakes, Boston bombings, weddings in Vegas
    Outside broadcasts everywhere from Ground Zero to the Cliffs of Moher

Bird’s eye views and backstage passes
    Empty chairs in restaurants
    Letting so many people down
    Making so many people proud

Panic attacks
    Pinching myself with disbelief

The strange, enticing embrace of being a part of something far bigger than me
    The wit, the black humour, the frankness and cynicism that binds us all together
    That fosters this understanding, this friendship, this dual joy and misery
    That forms the largest part of this ball and chain that keeps us here.

Looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself.
    The black circles, the pale complexion, the crap skin
    The gossip, the drama and the adrenaline
    The brilliant, brilliant people.

Oh, how I’ve loved you as I’ve hated you.

And it’s hard to let go.
    But perhaps, it is vital.

It still hurts :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

So you don't see me in 3 months, then you approach me just to tell me I'm ugly and you hate me? If you didn't have it in you to be civil you could have at least stayed away. How childish. You're 34, not 14.

Today I've woken up with a headache, my tummy has been off all day, both my arse and other part of me are sore from the herpes. I'm in the wars today, literally :P I'm a little scared that I'll end up in the hospital again in all honestly. Just wanna sleep for a week :( I've got my 'I'm fine' face on because I don't want to burden anyone and people don't understand how a chronic illness affects you

Dear college,

I'm really annoyed with you, a few weeks ago I made the decision to go to the festival in Dublin on the 17th, I brought the tickets and all which cost the guts of €140. I then took two days off, already pre-arranged with my tutor my folks were away and they wanted me to mind the dogs as one of them is in ill heath, I thought I'd be doing it on my own but as it turned out my sis came home and we did it together.

The week after my time off I went back to college, all grand, I was going to ask if it was ok if could take the day off on the 17th to go to my festival but as I working away I heard my tutor say to another tutor that I used up my holidays for the year. In that case, WHY DIDN'T YOU FECKING TELL ME!!!

If I had known that, I would have told my sis that she'd manage fine, and I'd go into college and I'd take one of the days left to go and see hozier in the festival. It would have saved me a lot of bloody hassle as I'm not sure if I can go now, and everything is up in the air :/

Agh!

The worst part is that we get our holidays soon from college but weren't not actually doing any work! Yet I can't take a day off! If that's the case, I bloody deserve to go to see Hozier if we're just lazing about for the day and watching movies

(sorry for the language, I've tried to go and see Hozier in concert about three times now, with no success, I even travelled to London to go and see him, just a little pissed off:(:p)

From ATC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Beks101

I love reading your posts....your talent is definitely in writing:)

Dear Y...
    In a different way, a part of me is feeling better today.
    I am not over the hurt but today I finally have something to try to focus on.
    Something to keep the fire inside me burning.
    Something to better my person. Something you told me I couldn't do..
    When somebody, anybody, tells me I can't do something, you know I will ensure that I WILL do it.
    You didn't call me stubborn for nothing. :D
    I do miss you so much though, more than ever before.
    That broken part of me will never be fixed.
    x

Dear Me...
    Keep feeling fierce! :D
    You can do it.
    Put on those sequins and feathers and strut it like Beyonce :pac::cool::pac:
    X

Dear M...
    Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!!
    I just want to squeeze you so hard, to show you how deep my appreciation is.
    X

Dear M2...
    Why do you have to be so so far away, it would be perfect :(
    It has been over 6 years, time has flown!! :eek:
    Thank you for the support.
    One day though, one day.
    X

Dear D...
    On the other hand, you are seriously grating on me today.:mad:
    What's new there?
    Please stop being so intrusive..
    I can't handle you on top of everything else.. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dear N,
    Thanks for NOT telling us that your child was just getting over the vomiting bug when my other half went to visit you! He ended up sick 2 days later, just before we were due to set off for an event. Even better I got it then 2 days later when we were supposed to be getting ready for holidays abroad. We had to watch our son like a hawk since my partner got sick incase our son got it also and the last thing we needed was a sick and dehydrated child about to go on holidays. Thankfully he escaped. You knew we had these events/trips planned, you knew he could have visited another time.
    SD

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mozies

Stop being a twat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear You,

I have no time to try and figure what you want. If you want to play the field then that is fine but don't try your God-damned best to lead me on. I am not an ego boost for your apparent low self-esteem. Your continual boasting does not impress me either. Also, actions speak louder than words and talk is cheap - you seem to forget that when trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I know exactly what you're capable of, the nice guy image you project can only run so far.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bullet. Dodged.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Dear ______

I'm sick of your behaviour towards me recently. We used to have a really close relationship but ever since summer started you turned on me over a small concert ticket. Then were back friends again and you turn on me when I was only showing concern and you even found it funny when I mentioned the concern and you go storming off out of the apartment wanting nothing to do with me. Now your fighting with me again and your taking sides with _______. Someone who always upset and fighted with you. The fact you'd rather spend time with her than visit _____ grave is horrible. You've turned on her as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

You were a gentle soul and a fine man. I hope you knew that. You left in sheer tragedy, hope you were comforted in your final hours... somehow. You are leaving a hole in our hearts, wont be the same without you man! Was a nice surprise, getting to know you. I can't believe the last time we talked in the hallway, was the last time we ever would - I woulda hugged you tightly and talked of less incidental stuff, had I known... Still it was always good to see you smile, even if it was over the silliest of things. Miss you already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

S

I just don't know what to say to you! It's kinda weird we're texting. ...always thought u didn't like me....let's get this meet up over n see how things go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Rosie,

You need to take control, you need to stop deliberately pissing into the wind. Your throwing away 4 years of work for what? Tv shows, anime and gaming. It's NOT worth it. Why do you do this to yourself? Is it because it's not enough of a challenge? Do you feel that you haven't earned it? Deserve to be there? I don't understand why I do this. I've wasted the last 6 weeks but the final final final deadline is two weeks. You can probably do it. You should be able to do it. You have the capacity just not the confidence. Stop doubting yourself and stop being so scared of it. Everyone else did it so why can't you? I think you are afraid of the future. I know you are. Once this is done you need to find work. And that's scary as f***. You should have learned by now that nobody is gonna do the work for you, it's up to you that's why you need to take control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

I love you. Did you know that? For half my life, since the moment I saw your face...no, before that even. I have loved you always. I knew you when we met, and you knew me (and you loved me anyway). How can a fool give that away? I was wrong. And sorry doesn't begin to cover it.

I go long periods of time thinking I'm finally over you. Until a moment like last night happens, and I am swept away, in us again. And I realise, I will always love you. There is no force greater than that; time nor distraction can't take back my heart from your possession.

I miss you far greater than I ever attempted to love you. And I loved you unwaveringly, with every fiber of my being. I just forgot to tell you. ...and now it's too late.

I love you. Did you know that? For half my life, since the moment I saw your face...no, before that even. I have loved you always. I knew you when we met, and you knew me (and you loved me anyway). How can a fool give that away? I was wrong. And sorry doesn't begin to cover it.

I go long periods of time thinking I'm finally over you. Until a moment like last night happens, and I am swept away, in us again. And I realise, I will always love you. There is no force greater than that; time nor distraction can't take back my heart from your possession.

I miss you far greater than I ever attempted to love you. And I loved you unwaveringly, with every fiber of my being. I just forgot to tell you. ...and now it's too late.

Someday, tell me why we didn't fight for each other, won't you? If ever our hands meet again, promise me you won't let mine slip away again.

This is exactly the way I feel but im unable to get the words out of my mouth, I hope one day we can be together again

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Me,
    Please stop this. The eating is a form of self harm. Your weight impacts you so much, makes you feel less worthy than others, makes you feel like a fraud. Why cant you stop?
    Gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

M, I don't like to think of myself as weak, who does? But you've gotten under my skin a little. I keep wondering what I did wrong. Maybe it's as well it was over before it started because if there had been a relationship you would have broken my heart. I suppose I was just excited that someone liked me back for a change. That day, that whole day with you, and all the fun and dancing and kissing of that night, it was one of the most perfect days I've ever had. I was so happy, and some of that was down to you.

Maybe I was harsh, but I feel I have to protect what's mine. I have to protect my self-esteem, it's taken so long to get any. And now I have to ask you for a favour, and I'm dreading sending that email. You were right when you said we have to work together, but then why did you start this thing with me only to call a halt?

A, I wish I could help more. I know you're hurting but I'm not sure what to say or do to make it better.

Mam, I'm so proud of you. So, so proud x

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

X
    Please know I love you and im sorry I didnt give you a second chance, I wish I had known you were in so much distress before we finished because I feel like I was not there for you when you needed me but you hurt me a lot, looking back you were the kindest guy ive ever been with we just lost our way and hope you can find me again

Best friend
    Cop on you have it so good dont make the mistakes I have or you will be as unhappy as I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I love you.

Dear self,

Don't give up now, you can do it!

DSC_00051.jpg

From ATC :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

Dear self,

Last year you ran a half marathon, year before 100k cycle and year before a tri athlon. This year you cant run the stairs without heart pounding and out of breath.

Stop ****ing smoking, drinking and eatting ****e. You are literally killing yourself. If you cant love/like yourself who the fuk else can.

Work to be the person you can be, that people like.

JUST FUKING COP ON TO YOURSELF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't know where to even start. You've turned into a fcuking arsehole and you're going to lose your friends and family if you don't cop the fcuk on. I'm disgusted with you. You're treating everyone around you like something you wiped off the bottom of your shoe. I'm disgusted that you're treating Mam the way you are. She did everything she could for you and you throw it back in her face. You little upstart. I'm sad that I can't look at you the same way again after how you acted last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I don't know how to think of you. I enjoyed the other night, I enjoy your company. You are different to what or who I expected and you surprised me. I dont enjoy when you ring me up drunk just to bang on and on about the minute detail of things in your life that mean nothing to me though, such detail, such long talk. I dont enjoy feeling like next to you I know nothing in comparison. I dont enjoy hearing compliments about by appearance and being called 'sweetheart'. I am independent as hell, I want to be valued as a human being and an equal and not just for what I look like to you, I don't need to be looked after by you or by anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

You're a great lad, but my god, you need to get some proper media training or public speaking training.

That talk you gave earlier was painful! You never stopped nervously moving your hands around and gesticulating wildly. It was like watching a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra.

In future, never volunteer to give the talks any more. Leave that to those of us who actually have had media training and know what the hell we're at!

Advertisement