Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Mom and dad

I just wanna get away from ye....can't go on like this any longer...ye have created all my problems. Just let me grow and be my own person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Why cant you do the right thing for once in your life! I've done my part and I just want it over so the past can stay where it belongs!! Grow the f*** up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I wish I could meet someone who likes/loves me.

(PS: Could you make him hot too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Dear S,

Get over your narcissitic bullcrap!! I don't know if someone proved you wrong at something this morning (probably something like this side of the toast is darker than the other) but today you were particularly nasty. I'm fully aware you think you and anything you're involved in are god's gift to the earth and you think I and anything I'm involved in are nothing but a heap of crap. You've made that ridiculously clear. We used to be best of friends but you've become nothing but a sick, twisted, ego addicted piece of work. It was even funny in the morning, especially when you back pedalled on one thing when you realised that doesn't show you in a good enough light because it was something I managed to do well. However, it was relentless. I'm sick of having to listen to you, I'm sick of having to work with you. How I didn't knock you out today, I don't know. Then, when something is said to you, you become huffy like a little two year old. You may have convinced everyone you meet that you are the greatest thing ever, but more and more people are seeing through your bullcrap. Not that it matters to you because anyone who contradicts you are automatically considered an idiot in your eyes (after all, you can never be wrong).

I've actually become very intolerant of bragging from anyone. It's gotten to the stage where anyone who says they're good at something, I feel angry, even if I know it's unreasonable. I've become very reluctant to compliment anyone, in case they get too big headed. I'm quickly coming to resent you and everything about you. I can't help but roll my eyes whenever someone mentions you...

Grrrrr!!!!!!!! :mad:

thank you so much for today.
    you are seriously the nicest doctor Ive ever had and your words of encouragement and support today meant so much. it feels good to know I have the support of someone else behind me in this decision.
    and its great to know you feel the same about the horrible walrus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

Dear god can't you do anything, if you wont help yourself don't expect others to do everything for you, time to take charge of your life your 19

Dear W

I don't know what made me send you a what app message but I saw you were online.
    You replied to my message and I was supprised when you told me where you are at the moment.
    I was glad to get your messages as it has been to long since I heard from you.
    The truth is I have been trying to contact you for a while. I think you needed to sort out things in your life. You got my message when you were on your own and you decided to reply.
    I don't know what will happen after this but I was glad to hear from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Dear dreaded mother-in-law ... well, thankfully, not actually in-law,

It was more refreshing than you could ever imagine to say everything I ever wanted to you today.

(Well, not everything. Believe me - I could have gone on for longer, if you hadn't left.)

Since Day One you have been the most awful spiteful nasty rude horrible bad-mannered person, and it was so good to finally say it to you.

Myself and your son might be over, as of today, or we might not. But either way, what's done is done - and I am so glad that I said what I said to you.

Believe me, it could have been even much worse.

No more fake niceties. YAY.

Toodles! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Dear lying narcissist,
    Its a little unsettling to know more than you about whats going on.
    But its your own fault, you tried to mould a person into something *you* wanted. You tried that with me, and you didnt get what you wanted it.
    There was warning bells ringing back in 2010, so dont be surprised when you get the news this time about whats in the findings.
    *They* know the lies you told, because you thought others wouldn't cop on to your malipitive crap.
    You think they dont know anything because you think youve the "perfect" life, and tell each person a different sob story to suit you, but professionals talk.

But I will be there to hold her hand now and in the future, and be the one who tells her the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

A,

You've already won me over, in spite of me. And don't be alarmed if I fa-haaaalllll, head over feet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear N,

You're insanely cute and single ;) Can I work up the nerve to talk to you :o

from ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've complained about you a lot lately, but I'm so glad I bought you that ticket. Seeing you that deliriously happy made me forget everything over the past couple of weeks. Love you, bro. :D xx

Dear Daddy,

I'm sorry if I've ever treated you like a burden or an inconvenience or like a senile old man ... I guess we all take the piss of you a bit sometimes, but it's in a loving way, and I know you see it that way and take it that way.

You're the only one who gets me, it seems sometimes.

The way you took control yesterday, the way you took my side when no one else would ... the way you spoke sense to my son's father ... even though he didn't listen to your reasonable advice, thank you so much for doing it.

Thank you for having my back. Always.

I am so happy that we gave my son your name as his middle name. It was never in question, that was decided even before we talked about his first name! And I'm so happy that everyone says he's the absolute image of you. And that he acts like you're his best friend. I'm hoping that genes have skipped a generation, and that he ends up a lot more like you in character than like his father.

If I can be half the parent that you are ... I'll have done a frickin awesome job.

And I'm going to tell you all of this, too, not just type it here. Life is fleeting. We both know that all too well. Having said that, you've given the doctors a nice F*CK YOU with the way you're still alive and well and healthy a good decade after being diagnosed with terminal cancer with three years to live! I laugh at that sometimes, but I know it's your determination and your love for your children that has kept you here for us. You weren't ready to go, so you decided "screw the doctors" and that was that.

Thank you. xxx

I'm sorry that I'm being kinda rude to you and making excuses for not replying. I don't really know why I'm doing that. It's nothing personal, but you probably think it is.

It's just, well, I don't know you. Generally, I only know if I like someone when we've spoken a few times and know what they're like, whether we have the same sense of humour, whether we'd have anything to talk about if we weren't in a big group. Anyway, I think you probably won't be as interested once you get to know me a bit more and I don't want to lead you on before that.

I still get anxious and panic when a guy I barely know shows any interest in me. I don't know what he wants from me or expects from me. I feel like he must have built up an image of who he thinks I am, and I can never live up to that. And I'm fairly sure you are interested even though we've only spoken once, ages ago, and I'm not 100% sure I'd immediately recognise you if we passed on the street. One of our mutual friends smirks when I mention that you were inviting me places. I'm not sure how to take that!

Sorry. You have no idea how socially awkward I sometimes am. I don't want to be rude to you but I'm just scared of saying the wrong thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Dear N,

You're insanely cute and single ;) Can I work up the nerve to talk to you :o

from ATC

Yes you can :)

Dear me
    Find your courage and just do
    This is going on way too long

pew wrote: »
    Yes you can :)

thank you :) found out he lives in my area and works in a local takeaway, so I went up to the venue tonight in the hopes to talk to him. I wasn't able too tonight but gonna try again sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Just don't know sometimes. You try reach out to some people and get knocked back. Gonna give up trying. Fcuking sick of people.
    Concentrate on myself.
    Happier on my own.

Dear self,

You've just hit 22, 000 words on book. Well done you!!:D At the rate I'm going this could be finished sooner than I thought! This is getting very real now, wee bit excited and scared! :eek::D:o

Keep going!

From ATC :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

You really enjoy the role you play in our lives, I've noticed.
    I enjoy the role you play in mine... but I hope it's not noticeable.

Ok I'm very confused, we had been friends for a good while and all of a sudden I've been blocked on social media. I'm not sure what's going on or if I've done something wrong :/ people are confusing..

Dear my dearest Mom,

A long time ago when I began writing and was struggling with it, you said 'don't worry, someday all the stuff you've observed over the years will come out and be able to write about it'. I didn't believe this at first but I took her word for it eventually. Well Mom, that day has come, I'm finally able to write about things I observed as a youngster, like a sponge. I've written just over 3,000 words over the last few days, thanks for having faith in me:)

with love,

ATC:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

Sad you think this, SB. Sexy isn't a body thing. It's a mindset, personality, character, confidence and acceptance thing. If you find someone attractive, it has nothing to do with their size or appearance. The LOML wasn't a perfect male specimen, but you couldn't convince me (or any of his past gf's) of that. He knew what kind of man he was, and it projected thru every fiber of his being, and it was hot. Chivalry, honesty, integrity, strength of character, humour, vulnerability and attentiveness go along way in my book.... and that has nothing to do with whatever "marriage-ability" factor you think women are after.

Show me your body? so what, men are equipped with the same stuff... Show me your character, and I am hooked. A real man gets better thru enduring the harshness of life and changes his body goes thru... A fake "sexy" lad, can't cope when life takes away their fleeting, shallow, self-absorbed "beauty." A man's sexiness and worth isn't found in the size of his pecs. I pity the woman who has to satisfy your sexy requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OK, this is really scary, but it's also really exciting. You've never lived on your own and you've never been out of the country, but there's also a huge possibility that this might be the best thing you could ever do. Shall we get the ball rolling? Start with your passport!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Dear ...

Is that what you think of me? Really? :(
    Its upsetting and I'm hurt that you thought that of me.
    I wish we could talk about this because I feel I have been unfairly judged, if this is your thinking.
    I struggle enough at the moment and this has set me back a bit, a lot if I am honest.

x

Dear Me

You conquered a self-doubt this week. You actually did it!!
    Be chuffed with yourself! If you can, focus on it.

x

Cant believe we broke up :(

I feel so lost. I am so vulnerable and I don't feel strong. Sick of people telling me I am. I don't feel it inside. Even though you were treating me like **** I still love you, and you are still a huge source of comfort to me. Last night broke my heart. How upset we both were. I do hope someday we can get back together, but right now we are just not in the right place.

I am going to miss you so much. I hope you can sort out your issues. Hope I can sort out mine. If it's meant to be, it will happen. I just hope I am strong enough to get through the next few weeks without you.

I miss my Mam so much and would love to speak to her :( she always had great advice, and always calmed me down when I was highly stressed. I hope she's with me. I'd trade my life to see her smile again. All I have are photographs.

Heartbroken :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Just want to send you a virtual hug lost lamb. Mind yourself xx

• Advertisement

Loving your ex and not being able to tell him is so hard

Advertisement