Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear you,

You have completely turned your life around. New job, new career and new location, this time last year you barely got of bed with your battle with depression and self hatred.

There is no shame in proud of being of yourself, everything else will happen in time. Focus on your own happiness, you are slowly learning to like yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You know what, I'm sick of being the one who always calls you to make arrangements. If you want to meet up you can call me next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does she have to be here all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Dear you,

You have completely turned your life around. New job, new career and new location, this time last year you barely got of bed with your battle with depression and self hatred.

There is no shame in proud of being of yourself, everything else will happen in time. Focus on your own happiness, you are slowly learning to like yourself.

Dear Sunshineboo,
    Your post gave me hope for the future, I can only hope for the same for myself.
    You should be proud of you,congrats!
    BadMoonRising

Dear person,

I'm not sure what it is I want to say to you but I know it's something. You make me laugh. Everything suddenly becomes easy in your company. It's as if for a brief period real life is suspended. Stay a while. I'll ignore the niggly things inside of me.

Dear me,

Sigh. Saturday night was crap because your friend was determined on meeting a guy and you just wanted to have fun. Her fed upness rubbed off on you. That's all. Things are going swimmingly. You're free and amazing. Calm yourself lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

Love is not always smooth sailing but today it feels amazing, i only waited 4 and a half years for that kiss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear You,

Unrequited love hurts. But you would know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

Hey God, why does it feel like living is meant for others, while all I am good for is surviving?

Lying here I'm to excited to sleep, it's been along time without you but now your back and I'm so happy, you complete me, you make me laugh, you make me smile but more important you make me better in every way now let's not waste another moment

And to my friend or anyone who is in the same position I was just tell them you love them it's worth the risk, you don't want to wake everyday wondering does he/she love me, it's just torture not knowing

Dear A

I am glad that we are back in contact with each other again. I put out the hand of freindship to you a few times over the past few months.
    Some of my friends knew the whole story of what happend between us. Being honest they said a lot of things about you and some of them were less than complementry.
    I felt that in the past few weeks since you got back in contact with me that your messages were getting more friendly.
    I got your message today and it made me smile for so many reasons - you were saying sorry to me and you also mentioned a few things you know were going on in my life.
    I showed this message to a freind and they said that it took guts for you to send it.
    After reading what you said a few times and getting a friends advice I sent a reply to you.

I don't know what you will say to me next. I don't know what will happen next either. I did say something in the message I sent that will make you think.
    If you want us to be more than freinds I would consider this but I have no interest in being **** buddies. The truth is I have gone though a lot in the past few months. I have made a lot of changes and I have begun to make plans to move my life on.

I am not the same person I was then. I know you have had a few difficult times also over the past few months. At this stage we are both getting our lives into better places.

• Advertisement

What am I going to do if you meet someone and start dating?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Dear colleagues,

If you turn off the air con ONE MORE TIME I will have no choice but to cut you. Little do you realise that I am in the throes of possibly the most insane bout of PMS I have ever had and the fact that it is THIRTY DEGREES outside and I am dressed in a suit is NOT helping the PMS situation. I can't decide whether I want to punch someone, burst into tears and/or scream my head off.

SO LEAVE THE AIR CON ALONE YOU FREAKS. Otherwise I will get stabby with my stationary. Or I will eat you. The choice is yours.

Regards,

Chanelfreak

It's not fair to love you this much... still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Dear loving, caring, kind, Dentist,

Cheers for being your usual brilliant self and taking good care of moi. I'm just at that getting-nicely-numbed half-drifting-away stage now, and, it. Is. Good! It is a pity about Hayfever and Sore Throat and 24/7 frog-in-throat gasping for breath. But if Tooth-ache goes at least that's one less thing eh!

Thanks so much for all the dru-ugs. Thank you very much! Thank you very very very much! Thank you very very very MUCH!

Think ALL the happy thoughts! It's 17 weeks until Christmas!! :D :pac:

Id asked out loud for something good/exciting to happen in my life.

And bang, you came along.

We met by total chance. We were the total opposites of everything in each other. But for some reason, we clicked. And it was lovely. We spent time getting to know each other, travelling here and there. I learned a lot about myself from you. And I hope you learned things about yourself from me too.

And now the time has come to say goodbye. I will miss you terribly my friend. The chirpyness, the laughing, the chats, the wicked sense of humor.

I have some beyond good memories of you, and I will honestly cherish what youve taugh me. That to be happy, I need to find and see these things in myself.

But I have to let you go now. Who knows, we might stay in contact. We might not. But butterflies need to fly.

Your friend always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Dear fellow boardsies, I love this thread, I love reading your thoughts, thank you

Dear me, breath, you did it, more than you ever believed was possible and even if the next one doesn't work out no one can ever take this away from you.

Dear HR & bosses please come back to me and straighten this all out so I can breathe and stop fretting constantly. What I am asking of you is so little compared to what you asked of me and I delivered.

Dear you, thank you for making me smile every day. Thank you for trusting me enough to meet someone who is your world. Thank you for giving me the time to trust you, after the last relationship trusting anyone else is like putting my heart on a train track and not knowing if a train is coming. The only problem is I love you and I am conflicted. Part of me feels I should tell you as I know sometimes at the start you questioned if I wanted to be with you and you were the one who made the moves. However I am too scared and I feel that even though we have moved fast so far it is too soon as the last thing I want is for you to back off.

dear brother, jesus I knew you would do it but still cant believe you got back with that lying manipulating sociopath. she will do it again, shes done it many times before and its just a question of when. I love you but I cant watch this again.

Dear lying manipulating sociopath, we all know what you did. leave my mum alone and stop showing up with your smug smile acting like nothing has happened. Its so disrespectful and shes too nice to push back at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Dear colleagues, wow just wow, have you Any idea how awful you have made me feel this morning? I knew from our original group in here who were so close, that I was the only one not invited to your wedding or hen. That's fine, its your decision and I respect that. You have never addressed that I am not going so I have no idea why I am excluded but like I say, that's fine. However whats not fine is standing beside me with the four of you having an in dept conversation about the plans night and day and how you are all so excited.

whats even more of a kick in the face is to hear today that you have invited someone that neither of you two can stand at all. wow, I am unsure what I ever did to you to deserve this but it hurts and I have never ever done anything except be nice to you, sadly I thought we were friends, clearly I was wrong.

So excuse me if I stick in headphones because I find it hard to listen to everyone having plans im left out of.

I'm so happy now me and my ex got back together but my family just can't be happy for me they have to try and ruin it but not this time, I'm happy and if you can't forgive him I don't care I have and I love him so much now build a bridge or else shut up

Dear everyone and dear anyone,

Ah god I miss having a gf. I really do. Nobody I know would even guess that, and I'm happy and content and all that, but god I miss having a gf. Not just a gf, but having someone I love and who loves me back. Someone I can have a laugh with before I even get out of the bed in the morning. Someone I can tease and who will tease me back. Someone who'll be happy to curl up on the couch on a Saturday night we decide to stay in.
    I've tried and am trying online dating (although not whole heartedly). It's fine. I've met some smashing girls. People I'd love to have as friends but for whatever reason I just don't see them as gfs. I should probably give online dating a bit more effort to be fair.

Ex (of over two years!). Jaysus I still think of you almost everyday. We didn't work out. We weren't suited. If I had the choice I wouldn't go back there. I loved you and you loved me but god we had nothing in common bar our sense of humour. I miss that connection though and that's what I can't help longing for. I fear that if I don't find that again in my life I could end up a right grumpy aul bastard!

End of rant. I'm not even sure the point of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear self,

You've got 9 chapters left to write in this book you're writing, you can do it! Don't doubt yourself dammit. There will be parties with bubbly when the book is published :D

Also, stop telling yourself that you're undesirable and you''ll never find a boyfriend, Ok the ex-shook up your confidence, but it doesn't mean you'll never find love again. Love will come into your life, it just takes time :)

From me

• Advertisement

Dear ____,

All I want is you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Scum scum scum. You are utter scum. Sick of protecting you. why the hell should I?

Anyway on a more cheerful note... Please let this temp contract be permanent. I really like this job :)

Dear A

I am glad your back in my life. I have enjoyed the flirty messages. You asked me could we meet in Z and I agreed. I know one of the recent messages I sent you was a bit full on as you backed away and said x to me. I realised this and sent you a text saying back saying I was looking forward to meeting up with you.

The truth is that I want things to change between us and I think you know this. I know you have a girlfriend but being honest I know things are not great between you.
    If things were good between you I would not be getting flirty texts or you wanting to meet me. I only plan to do certain things of an adult nature that you like but I have a line that I won't cross. A few months ago we got together and you decided you did not want things to move on for us then. I am warey of going back to the same again but even if things don't work out I can say I tried.

I will keep quite about us meeting up to the people we know in common. One of my freinds knows the full story of us and they will know when your here. I know that you keen to keep things low key for the moment and that fine for now.

I have a lot more to offer you than your present girlfriend but unless you realise this by a certain date I will walk away. I won't be be putting my life on hold untill you decide what you want to do. This is your last chance to change things between us.
    If I meet another man meanwhile I will give him every chance also.
    I now know my own value. I have come though a few tough months due to a few differnt things but I am in a good place at the moment wither you in my life or not.

Went to most of the places we met, to say goodbye? To be as close to you as i can maybe. I'm not over you still and its been well over a year. I've not really moved on at all. I'm the island and your the ship sailing away from me. I hope you have happiness and I'm so sorry for the stress i caused you. Was sitting on a bench on a walk we did once today on my break and the tears started again and then it rained on me too, a pityful site. In a crowd my eyes search for you in terror and joy in equal measure that i might see you or bump into you as i don't know what i would say to you and equally afraid of any answers to questions i may ask. I'm half dead inside going through the daily motions. Will i ever get over you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Dearest body. I have enough of feeling like crap. I'm doing all I'm supposed to and taking meds I'm supposed to. Just a week to feel well and energetic would be nice. Immune system cop on. I'm 30 not 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dearest Husband,
    Happy Anniversary,
    Love wifey!!

:( Do you people have nothing more to do than text me 24/7?
    This ongoing beck-and-call routine is getting old.... :( seriously.
    It's like I live on pins and needles, and must jump at your slightest whim.
    My nerves are shot today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Minding my kids for half an hour and using 11811 for 17 mins to the tune of 50 quid has left me disgusted with you.

The fact I know It was you because of the breakdown of the bill with times etc, and you've lied saying it wasn't you has me thinking you're back to your old self.

My guard is up and won't be back down with you again. So angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I wish ye just had my back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

To the locum doctor that I saw this morning, you were an absolute lady and my regular GP is a gent, but FFS sort out that horrible b***h of a receptionist.
    Not just my personal opinion by the way, but also the general concensus in the waiting room.

Advertisement