Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dear you,

you asked me where you're going wrong...but isn't that obvious? you openly flirt with single female friends and acquaintances on every social media account you have...for everyone to see which includes "the object of your desire". why so clueless? that's the reason she won't give you the time of day. declarations of love will make no difference until you cut that out. they're meaningless. just a little heads up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm afraid I might have offended you the other day when I said moving back to Ireland will feel like a step backwards. I hope you know that my reluctance to come home is nothing to do with you. The worst thing about being away is missing you lot and I hate that it takes planning and planes to see you. I just wish you lived closer to my adopted city.

It's just, well, apart from being close to you guys, there's not a lot for me in Ireland right now. I'll be leaving behind a city I adore and the biggest adventure I've ever had to come back an ever-diminishing social circle and the prospect of endless jobbridge internships to get where I want. When I moved away, I had so many big plans and I managed to do them all; moving home with no plans and no job is going to be a comedown. I'm at a stage in my adopted city where things are wonderfully familiar but I'm still finding new places and meeting new people on a regular basis. It still feels exciting. And I've done so much there that I couldn't have done otherwise. But I probably won't find jobs in my field there either and my friends, like all young people these days, are nomads, constantly moving on. The gloss would wear off if I stayed, I guess.

I just hope you know that when I said I wasn't too happy about the idea of moving home, I didn't mean that I wouldn't be happy about seeing you all every day again. I meant it more symbolically - it means the adventure is over, it means not living in walking distance of my favourite city, not constantly doing new things, not living opposite my favourite coffee shop, not having big plans, not being wholly independent in an exciting new place. I always planned to come back, don't get me wrong, but I'm torn between the two now. Being around ye all again will be the best thing about coming back; but I'm just aware of how much I'll miss about my second home once I'm here.

Hey you,

I miss you so much I feel the ache of it in my belly. Last night I was very close to our old places. More than anything I want things to return to how they were but I also know how unhealthy it was. It was difficult for you to be my friend at times. But do you know how many times being my friend saved my life? Jesus you're no saint but I won't hear a bad word said against you for all you did for me.

It's been a few months now since we spoke. Please be happy. I love you so much. You are one of the very few people that I do. Once I know you're doing well and life is on track for you then I feel better.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear immune system,

You've been fighting with my body now for a while, but it's starting to get beyond the joke :( I am so sick of feeling crap. Please fix yourself!

From ATC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Dear immune system,

You've been fighting with my body now for a while, but it's starting to get beyond the joke :( I am so sick of feeling crap. Please fix yourself!

From ATC

I hear ya atc. I Need new body :)

• Advertisement

Six years today.

It was a Saturday too. And it was about this time. And similar weather. :)

I thought I'd never get over it, never feel truly happy again.

And I felt that way for a long, long time - most of the six years. Initially it just kept getting worse, but then it started to get a tiny bit easier, bit by bit. And then I'd go through phases of being fine, and then I'd return to the hurt (not being able to avoid you was the problem here - it would have been so much easier and I would have got over it so much quicker if I could just cut you out, but unfortunately I couldn't).

However all the while, it kept slowly, slowly, slightly getting easier.

And today, I can truly say I'm over it. Things that stung... don't sting anymore. I'd be lying if I said I feel absolutely nothing about them, but the feeling of sickness and the slight heart-stopping sensation - gone. Yesterday I was doing a clear-out and found an old USB stick and had a look at what was on it, as I had genuinely forgotten. It was chats you and I had, which I wanted to keep copies of, like love letters. Totally forgotten about - this made me feel so good. Reading through them, and just feeling indifference (and a bit of cringeyness :pac:) rather than sadness - so liberating. I'll admit I didn't read them all through, in case something cropped up that would upset me (and it was likely it would - I adored you so, so much; you were my everything) but once upon a time I would not have been able to delete them, however I deleted them easily yesterday.

You hurt me horrifically, but I grew as a person, and I view it now as a valuable lesson. However I still truly hope you haven't done it or won't do it to anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭heathledgerlove

Thank you for being totally sound about my driving! Lost my nerve for a while but I come back to it all by myself, you never nagged me once but kept putting petrol in :P I'll be driving you round this time next year, swear! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

So angry at you. The control freak is back in your life and you couldn't give two ****s about the stress that it causes me. You should hand a list of who you want in your life to see who she approves off & who she doesn't that way life will b alot simplier & people will be less likely get hurt. Also you'll know who you have permission to speak to.

I wish you could love me the way I love you.

Its been a fantastic year and a bit with you, and I have never been happier with anybody the way I have been with you, its easy... we could just lay there all day and do nothing and its still more fun than I've ever had with anyone else.

But there's always that elephant in the room, that you can't right now commit to me , not fully anyways and its tearing me up inside.

I wish she didn't hurt you so much, but that's in your past. Why aren't I enough?? That's what hurts the most.

I know you're being honest with me and I know you're not intentionally dragging me along, but it feels like that ya know?

I feel like a dirty little secret. I wish I had the strength to walk away, but I can't. I love you.

It's been a just over a month since I last saw you..the last time you were here you flew over from your country to me and meeting you at the airport gave me so much happiness.

Now that it's all over I've been a shadow of the person I was before.. Left with nothing but a broken heart and haunting memories of happiness. I wish you didn't block me on facebook but I understand why you did. About a week ago we talked and wanted to be friends..but that fell apart.

I've been working through things trying to get over you, and I've made some progress but then it dawned on me.. Ill never see you again. Since we live in different countries we don't even have the luxury of fearing we might bump into each other. I feel like you are just gone and never to be found. A part of me wishes you would call, or text but I know you never will. Some days I want to call you to tell you things that only a few weeks ago you would've loved to hear, but I can't bring myself to do it. I know you don't want me anymore. But I also know that I deserve better than you and always did. You've temporarily destroyed my confidence but I'm determined to get better. Maybe you've already deleted my number, maybe you've already moved on.. I'll never know, and I'm imprisoned by the thoughts of what could be in your life now when I should realise that I need to take charge of my own.

I wonder how long this hopeless hope for you will go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

So after a rough few years FINALLY everything is coming up Milhouse :D:D:D

To C
    A horrific break up, which I didn't want, but I knew that you were only making me miserable. You are one lazy, selfish, self centered Mé Feiner... And I just couldn't deal with it anymore. How selfish you were during the death of my Mam, her funeral, everyday after that... One wonders how I didn't see it all at the time. But I was so weak, had no strength to take control of my life. Not anymore a$$hole... Toodles and good riddance.

To J,J,A,M
    Even though you all wreck my head sometimes, I'd be lost without you. Thanks for celebrating with me the other night. Felt great :)

To my now past employers..
    FCUK YOU. Enjoy the bad karma that's been upending your lives the last year :) I bask in your despair. You deserve every single bit of that bad karma.

To me..
    Well done. Pat on the back. :) After years of hell, you did it. By yourself!! No help from anyone. Feel like a new person. Onwards and upwards now :)

To my new employers
    Thank you for seeing the potential in me and for giving me this job of a lifetime :):) so happy :)

To M
    You're always with me :) I know that now :) I love you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Lovely Boyfriend,

You stick by me through thick and thin, no matter what, regardless of what a tough time either of us may be having.

You make my world a better place, and me a better person.

And you're great fun and you never complain when I sing around the house. For that alone you deserve to be made a saint. Or at least a knight.

I love you now and I'll love you forever,
    Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm a 27 year old woman. Being called cute and having people pat my head because I'm short is unbelievably patronising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Dear Granddad,

I can't believe you're gone. Even though the stroke changed you, you would always light up when me and my sisters came into the house or the nursing home to visit you. I could see the pain in your eyes, not being able to do the simplest thing after the stroke. You were so independent before it that it hurt you more than anything.

I'll always remember you before the stroke though, the gentle giant who could make a whole room laugh, the one who the whole pub would shut up for to hear you sing, the one who could pick anyone up when they are down. The whole town is already missing you, you were well-known and well liked. You were a gentle giant, even if you were a bit of a tyrant when your kids you were younger.

You thought me so much and I'm crying as I type this because you were my hero. You were the man, you were the man I looked up to. You thought me how to be a good person, a strong person, a person who would always put others needs before my own. I love you, and I'm going to miss you. I hope that you're at peace and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to fill the massive shoes you left for me. I know you're proud of the person I've become and it's because of knowing you I am a person to be proud of. Thank you, and I love you.

Dear 'Pepsi' (family pet dog)

I still can't believe you're gone, we knew you're time was coming but not as soon.

I still remember the day I met you, it was 16 years ago in August, we picked you up from the rescue centre (we were told a little about your background and I remember thinking 'who does that??' when I heard you were hit and beat up on a regular basis and who could just dump a lovely puppy :() I met you and you were so small and soo so cute! You had a lovely silky coat which was lovely :) We got into the car, with you on my lap in the back seat on the way to your new home. You kept licking my face on the journey which I thought was cute and a bit funny. We got home and settled in. You went mad sniffing around the place!

We had you for two weeks as a trial period and once we officially signed the papers that you were ours you decided to unleash your full personality, which included barking at every single noise outside (it drove it us mad!), dancing around our feet at dinner time and once the bowl was placed on the ground...boom...straight in to eat it all! You were such a hyper and fun loving dog:D

You had great times with us, from playing with balls and running after it, to the more naughty moments where you climbed up onto the table and stole food (we were going to kill you!):P

As you grew up you had a few health problems including 4 cancer operations, which amazes me now looking back on it now, and an injury to your neck area..but you still carried on being the lovely dog that you were, full of life. Once you turned 16 things started happening rapidly, you were much quieter (no more barking at the postman), you started to go deaf, your back legs started to be a bit more unstable, you went a bit grey. Things progressed over the last two years and you were a very old doggy.

I knew when I saw you at the weekend you're time was near, when I got the phone call and one of my folks said 'I've got news' my heart sank into my chest :( So long buddy. I hope there are lots of cats for you to chase and lovely food in doggie land

RIP :(

Surely, you’ve learned by now that staying here any longer isn’t going to do you any good in the long-term. It’s like you’ve been beating a dead horse for two and a half years now and have gotten nowhere. Why do you think this is? You have a golden opportunity and ideas to get yourself out of this rut, but you are hesitating. I’m going to pass on a piece of advice that my psychologist told me in the hope that it might be useful for you (although it’s easier said than done). “Your fears are your prison and you will only be freed unless you face them.” Running away from these fears is a race you’ll never win, so do yourself a favour and get out of that godforsaken place. I know it’s hard, but you’re going to have to grow up some time. And when you do, you will never look back. You will reap the rewards that come with facing that fear, be it happiness, friendship and more importantly, a new life. Don’t you want that? Aren’t you sick of being stuck in this rut? Do what is best for you, but don’t waste your whole life being miserable or else your life will be gone before you know it. So please seize those opportunities and face that fear. DO IT NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I really wish you didn't check yourself in on facebook for every place you are visiting while you're away- you don't know who can see your postings and you are effectively advertising your free house! At least you won't have to fill us in after your break about where you stayed or where you visited, we can see it all on fb!

Dear B,

thank you for inspiring me and keeping me going, you're a great friend to have :)

From ATC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Dear people I otherwise like,
    Please stop posting racist **** on Facebook! Especially when you're ****ing immigrants yourselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear interviewer,

Please like me. I would really like a permanent job and not be jumping around from contract to contract. My experience is perfect for the role, i just hope i dont feck it up as i seriously suck at interviews

Thanks
    Naid

• Advertisement

Thanks for being there for me when I needed you most, your feigned concern really helped pull me through....

You are undoubtedly the most self absorbed person I have encountered in my entire life. And your lies and deceptive, slimy nature make me feel sick. I wish I could tell her what you really think of her..and the rest of them. Everything you say and do is premeditated, you'll say and do anything to get someone onside. It's all lies. You sicken me. An absolute spineless individual if there ever was one.

Regards,
    Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Dear "Boyfriend "

I hate you. And more than this I hate myself for wasting 6 years of my life hoping that you and I could create the relationship that we both wanted.
    You are smelly
    You're tight fisted
    You're lazy
    You're selfish
    You're boring
    You use threatening behaviour to silence me
    You are a bully
    An absolute c@nt
    So hopefully you are not bluffing again this time hopefully you will just pack up and get the **** out of my face so me and our child can have a chance at a happy life.
    You are my greatest regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M

U really didn't get what I meant by u were such a let down? ! I'm sick of being a good friend to u...when have I ever let u down?! U only do things to suit u......and saying uv no money.....yet can spend 300 euro and some ****e? !

Piss off

Dear potential company/business,

Please say you're looking for someone to go on work experience, I need to find a place for my college course!

From ATC

Dear universe/world/whatever,

I'd really like a friend who lives close to me who I could meet up with, to have the bants and chats with. Even to meet up a few times a year or a month. Coz it's horrible being lonely like I am now and stuck in the middle of nowhere #foreveralone :(

From me

Knocking twice and ringing the door bell within 30 seconds because Mam was upstairs and couldn't run and answer the door immediately. You ignorant pr**k. Then you have the cheek to ask for eggs? Go and buy your own f**king eggs. Jesus.

Dear anxiety,

Kindly f off!

Sincerely
    from ATC

Any chance you could learn to aim into the toilet? Walking into someone else's urine isn't fun. Ffs. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Jesus C.H....I'd love to ride u right now! ! Hope Ur out at the weekend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I remembered it was your birthday, but then I’ve always been good with dates (Certainly compared to you, since you forgot my birthday twice when we were actually still together).

I’m not sure that it is possible for you to have made a more spectacular fcuk-up of everything, but I am so glad that it happened. So many people have told me how much happier I seem now… Friends I’ve known for years have said that I’m back to my old self, but that they hadn’t really noticed me getting more unhappy because it happened gradually over such a long time. They’re right, too; it is like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

When we broke up you apologised for ‘ruining my life’ (you really think a lot of yourself :rolleyes:), but actually I’m finally living it.

Advertisement