Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Dear Hot Young Guy,

Thank you so much for approaching me in the pub Saturday night, you have no idea how great you made me feel. I am still smiling today.

It was such an ego boost. The last 18 months have been pretty awful for me, becoming pregnant for the second time and have my husband leave me because he is a weak selfish arsehole ... So coming out of a 16 year relationship , nearing 40 and with 2 very young children, the outlook was looking a little bleak on the whole meeting new people or dating front.

But you restored my faith :) Not only are you flipping gorgeous but also 11 years younger than me. It was just so so nice to feel desired, and to be told I was pretty and didn't look my age. And to feel sexy again and to have a bit of intimacy and fun however brief it was.
    I know we'll probably never meet again and I'm cool with that....

But thank you thank you thank you ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear A

I am sorry I sent you those messages today. How was I to know you were still in a meeting?
    I sent you a message last night and told you I had an interview today.
    You had not even the decency to reply to this but you had time to post things up on facebook.

It is about time you realised that the world does not relvolve you and what your doing.
    I have been there for you for a long time and kept quite about certain things.
    I am sure your girlfreind would be impressed if she saw the messages between us.

It is about time you realised that when you were off trying hard to make a total mess of your life I was working hard to improve mine. I no longer let people walk all over me and that includes you.

I hate that I automatically become so competitive around you lot. It's hard not to get sucked in when everyone else is always boasting and showing off, but it's a side of myself that I don't like! Maybe it's cause I don't wanna see myself reflected in you people. Thank God I don't have to work with ye anymore :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Having a lil cry over u....completely out if the blue. ..not that I miss u or want to be with u.....just that really it still hurts how u ended up treating me and all the hurt u caused me. ...it actually, weirdly makes me feel sorry for me...cause I know there was no way I deserved that. Ugh. Wtf do people have to mess around with others heads and feelings? I just don't get it.

I'm still glad I went true that experience cause it really opened my eyes big time to the bad world out there. ...and it helped me grow, protect and understand myself more.

But...
    the only thing i yearn from you is to see u so I can kick u in the face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sarah1991

I really wish you didn't have a girlfriend.
    We've so much in common and you make me laugh constantly. I get on so well with you and I like you more each day but everytime you mention your girlfriend my heart breaks a little bit.
    I suppose being friends is better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

a quiet life seems too much to hope for.

Ok so maybe this is it. The eureka moment. You've been struggling with your weight for 11 years....almost one third of your life! Yet you were never overweight to begin with...you see now that dieting back then was just self punishment....you felt like you weren't enough, and that being skinnier would make you happier. You never saw yourself as being skinny tho, did you?
    You now realise that all the stuff they say about kids being brainwashed by the media is true...you never realised how rare and difficult it is to achieve that body. You were never worse off or uglier because you werent that toned.
    In fact, maybe you were afraid that you were already attractive, and it scared you?All that unwanted attention from guys who only wanted one thing freaked you out, and you pushed off getting involved with guys until you have the 'perfect' body?

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Maybe its time to eat well, just for the sake of eating well?
    Because it makes you feel better? And to exercise for enjoyment, not to punish yourself?
    You've tried hating yourself thin for 11 years unsuccessfully.
    You're not a bad person. You're actually fairly decent. And you would never let your sister or friends treat themselves like this.
    Stop eating the crap. Logical you knows you don't want to eat it. Tune in and listen to your body for once. It knows what it needs.
    You got this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear ex,

happy birthday, I hope you are having a good day. The second special occasion without you, it feels weird, but I'm glad I'm on my own now.

From ATC

Plz plz plz plz ask me out on a date!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm sick of waiting, let's just ****ing so it

• Advertisement

Dear ex,

This day two years ago you put me in hospital with herpes, I spent 5 days in hospital with a few types of antibiotics going into me every few hours, with a further 6 weeks recovery time once I got out of hospital. Back then I thought that I was just unlucky but now that we've broken up and I've had time to reflect on things, I really doubt whether you were faithful. I hope she was worth it (if I'm right). I admit I was a bit of an idiot for not going to the Dr sooner, but knowing what I know now, that once you have it, you have it for life, I dont think it would have made a huge difference, saved me a lot of pain and humiliation yes, but I still would have had the illness for life. Thank you for giving me this as I now know I'm not a wimp when it comes to pain, give me migraines, cramps, the runs any day, but jayus this was the worst pain I've ever experienced. Thank you as I now value the time when I'm not sick and try to rest my body when I'm sick. Thank you for making my relationship with my folks stronger.

So in short, thank you for making me a hell of a lot stronger than I was before and valuing the little things

From ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I am thoroughly teed off to the extreme 'nth degree. It didn't even cross your mind to consider me this weekend.

I've sorted the kids, my family and yours for this weekend but you have screwed it up royally.

You forgot to book me for the conference and weren't sure if you booked me for the dinner but covered your ass and rebooked me (x 2 Rogueish at the same table??). So I've missed the conference and ended up working my ass off instead on Saturday.

You decide to stay over in Dublin on the p*ss last night cos you're going to the match today. The same match I was supposed to be going to but you told our weekend cover that 'no we didn't need cover this weekend' cos YOU didn't need cover. It's a busy weekend in our field and no I couldn't get alternative cover so as a responsible gob****e I ended up working - no All Ireland Football Final for me.

I am currently waiting outside A&E for one of the players cos it was an away match and none of the rest of the club could get him here. 'Feach Anseo ar an Gob****e'.

Oh and I had to hear second hand who you gave my ticket to. You haven't even bothered to text me today. I hope your hangover was immobilising!!

If you don't walk in the door with at least a bunch of flowers this evening the doghouse will be in Bermuda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

If you really knew what was going through my mind, you'd be kinder. If you understood how I felt, you'd back off and let me be.

I want nothing from you really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You irritate me beyond belief

Cause I really fancy you and was pissed !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I actually thought you were nice and sound. Enough to have considered you dating potential a few years ago but we remained on good terms since. And then you post that video. How f*cking dare you. How dare you then treat me like a 2 year old who just doesn't understand when I call you on it. I'm absolutely furious to the point of tears. You disgust me. A video stating that single mothers are just sluts who should have kept their legs closed and are only single for the child support money, and that it's perfectly reasonable to expect to feed a family of 5 of $10 a week... And you are a single father, you twisted, backwards, disgusting twat!! Just because you don't get child support (and you should), doesn't mean you have any right to say what you did and to defend the video, or speak to me that way! How f*cking dare you!! I'm raging! And I don't understand, do I not? I, who was raised by a single mother, from a father who took her to court at every turn around to get child support lowered and caused us to go without so many times, and didn't care if we lived in poverty? I don't understand and I'm nothing but a butthurt feminist??! Because I gave you a ****ing basic biology lesson on how pregnacy works, and pointed out that you need a penis in order for a pregnancy to happen?! Stupid hypocrite.... 

I feel better getting that off my chest...

Edit: oh so this "statistical fact" that you kept harping on about doesn't exist? You've gone from all women to many women and not produced a single figure, and yet you say that I'm the one who needs to open my eyes? You make up facts and say I'm just throwing a hissy fit and a temper tantrum? You are still treating me like I'm two!! Yup, that's one deleted friend. Please stay out of my life because I may not be able to control myself if you showed up.. much like (in your opinion) men and their genitalia (after all, it's the slut women who get themselves pregnant right?).

Ur wasting my time aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Sometimes I wish I could tell people that I don't care and mean it.

I'm sick of being the only one who makes and effort and seems to care about the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

dear boss
    f**k off I've done so much over last month now I'm not going to postpone my break so you can swan off to your bit onn the side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Dear me, time to change and take control of your life.

• Advertisement

I finally got to speak to you! You my beloved friend who means the absolute world to me :)
    I'm sad that you are sad and these things have happened to you. I know you say that if it wasn't for her you'd be back where you were. But Jesus it's some destructive relationship you have there.

You are how I know that I can love people. For a bit I was unsure. Then I thought of you :) Be happy. Even if it's another three months before we speak again, I don't mind. Just be happy x

Dear world/universe

Please bring some good news soon. I'm sick and tired of feeling lonely, depressed etc. All I'm asking is a break

Dear N,

I wish things were different with you, I finally decided to ask you out, I was very excited and scared. There was butterflies in my stomach when I asked it. While I was waiting for an answer I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest it was going so fast :o The news that you were a member of staff and not a student and then it would be inappropriate to date came as a crushing blow to me. I didn't know at all, my face was red as a beetroot :o hope I didn't embarrass you too :)

Dear You,

Hold your head up high young lady, you asked a guy out, no way you would have done it a few months ago! It wasn't the result you wanted, but it's the doing that matters. The more you push yourself to do something scary the more you're willing to do it again. It took a lot of guts but well done :)

From me

Don't push me. I swear to you if you do not turn down that music, you will discover one very ugly side to a normally peaceful soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Dear_______

I said no. I meant no. I cried no and you still refused to listen. Not only have you made me feel disgusting everyday, but you've made me lose my trust in nearly anyone I speak too. I hope you're happy because I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Laughing after you say something rude doesn't make it better and turn it into a joke. I've tried to like you for his sake and I'll have to be civil, but I don't think you're good for him. He's changed in the past few months and continues to change. I just hope he sees what's happening before he changes so much that he no longer recognises himself. I'd love to say something but I know he will not listen. I'll just have to wait and hope he sees through you.

Dear self,

Keep writing, and plugging away at the manuscript. Don't stop now, publishing will eventually happen :):cool:

From me

I would love to be in love, with someone who loves me.
    I want to be in love, with someone who loves me.

They say timing, 2 people on the same page, and a bit of luck.

Universe, I am putting it out there, BLASTING it out there, help me find love xxx

Dear A

I got your message today. I know you were supprised when I put up those photo's on facebook. I knew once you saw them you would contact me. I am looking forward to meeting you as it has been to long since we met and spoke.
    The truth is we have both had to deal with a lot of things in the past few months. I know you want us to be **** buddies but I want more. Ok your going out with Z but being honest if things were good between you I would not have been getting the adult messages from you over the past few weeks.
    She does not care about you otherwise she would be encouraging you to make the lifestyle change you need to do at the moment.

I have sorted out a few family issues which benefit me. I will tell you about them when we met. You will have to make a choice between me and Z. I will give you a few days to make your decision. If you decide to stay with her I won't ever have sex with you again. I won't be there if you brake up with her either.
    The truth is I have made a lot of changes to my life. At this stage I want a relationship among other things. If you don't realise my worth I will met a man who does.

you really dont get it and you cant seem to understand... you cant remotely relate to the panic that sets in when you put expectations on me that arent possible. someday, may I never have to rely on other people just to live a basic life.

• Advertisement

Dear college students,

Don't be leaving all the work for me to do! We got an assignment there a few days ago, I did my half of the work, you were meant to as well, but instead you left it undone. Tutor noticed and said 'who does this belong to?' Nobody spoke. I got the blame for not doing it, even though you didnt do your half of the work, cop on to yourself otherwise I'm not sure I can hold my tongue any longer :(

Dear Ex,

Yesterday would have been our 3rd anniversary, was thinking of you and wondering how you were. I was a bit sad and down, but I know if we were still together we would have been celebrating, but with me on eggshells afraid to say anything in case you started to get pianroid and accuse me of cheating again. So I'm much better being on my own and glad I got out of that situation, why didn't I do it sooner?! Hope your doing well

From ATC

Advertisement