Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I'm sorry.
    Back when I met you, I was in a bad place. I was confused, hurt, let down, terrified and angry.
    I was given up on, once again.
    Everyone I had, had given up, and had walked away.
    Then I met you, I felt like you were the only one who wanted me in their life.
    Basically, I'm sorry for the amount of times I had taken my anger and frustration out on you. I was vulnerable. I had nobody else but you.

It's killing me that I can't tell you this.
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear F,

Stop leading her on. It's a terrible game you're playing when you know she's in love with you. I have lost a lot of respect for you because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

To my OH's amazing Dad. You have the best attitude ever. You're getting a stairlift installed at the moment for your 75 year old wife, but you "won't bother to use it myself until I'm old" The fact that you're almost 90 now never ceases to amaze me. You're a fantastic man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

T

I really want you to like me, please ask me on a date??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear potential company/business,

Please say you're looking for someone to go on work experience, I need to find a place for my college course!

From ATC

omg thank you, thank you, thank you!! I won't let you down :D Hopefully my luck is turning around..

• Advertisement

Our 1st Xmas together you rang & put S on.He was rude &inappropriate. I asked myself then whether you associating with someone like that was indicative of the real you
    But cos I loved you, I cast those doubts away.

Now I'm telling all . Because I've told nobody and I'm welling up here with anger,pain, regret, guilt.
    The real you.
    Not paying car tax and ending up in court, not just once either.Never wearing your seat belt, what an example to send to your children?The more I think back, the more I realise how unalike we were.Poles apart at times
    That 1st holiday-as good as it was it was what you wanted - did you ever stop to say, what would you like to do today?
    Not confronting B after she insulted our baby girl.
    Going away & leaving her with some mother of some guy you knew- jesus. Just so you could do something you couldn't do with her there?couldn't you have picked a day I wasn't working and I'd have minded her?
    Leaving both girls in car for hours when at Js once- yes, ask them.
    Cruel.Hitting son,beating him, I feel so bad that I didn't leave you then.I'll never forgive myself for not leaving.
    Repeatedly putting me under pressure to do that 1 thing I absolutely never wanted to do;why didn't you listen?
    Why?what husband would be so selfish, it's not as if you were like the 100s of husbands with barely a sex life - no ,you just didn't listen to what I physically couldn't do.

You drank too much on occasion -yes, not always.But bringing drink back to hotel rooms, was it so important?Really?after having alcohol with the meal you still wanted more? I dreaded the 2 weeks you'd off every Xmas because every day there'd be so much alcohol. Plus if we went out &you were the designated driver, you still had to have the 1...or 2.
    Always.Then I'd be lying awake listening to you snoring. Then the bed wetting. Not just once, not just twice.Yet you still couldn't acknowledge you'd a problem. It's okay to have a drink or 2 whenever, but when you start bed wetting you really need to step back and ask yourself what's wrong.

Not listening when I said I was unhappy. Not hearing me.Making it about you when I was on the brink of a breakdown. I never asked to be unhappy and it took so much courage to say, I'm not where I want to be in my life.
    So now.
    I'm so much happier.
    I cannot believe how well I'm sleeping, how relaxed I feel.
    Not wondering whether you'd be in a bad mood or an okay one.It switched so often so quickly - it was like 1 man walked out the door &another walked through.& I've told nobody this. I've bottled it all up, to stop our children being ridiculed or pitied.Not one person CAN I trust to tell this to who absolutely won't say it to someone who might say it to the children. I can trust my dad but I'd break his heart, and he's been so good and so supportive.

You say I changed?
    Could you blame me? Really? I've walked away, people say "I'm sorry" when they hear.If they knew the truth, they'd say "well done".Well done on taking that brave step to be you again . Finally, your family - yes, you should've stayed away as they're all toxic.It contributed to our marriage failing, I doubt you'll ever realise.
    I wish you luck, especially as I genuinely don't think you see how it was even now, that I've gone. Crazy.Thank you for my children.Yes, I changed, but so did you.Perhaps you'd do well to acknowledge this instead of laying all the blame at my door.

Dear L

Why did you send me that text message? You saw me that day and you should have come over to chat to me. Instead you left me standing there on my own.

You were expecting me to reply to that text and to listen now to your tale of woe. I know about the changes that could be coming to you job wise.
    Well I have no intention of replying to this text. I was a good freind to you in the past but after how you treated me over a year ago this is your problem not mine.

The truth is I have moved on with my life. You can see that I lost weight. I joined a gym and made new freinds. I got a place on a good course that should help me get work.
    Do you remember speaking to you about W? Well things have changed between us and I feel we could be a proper couple soon. I will make sure you see us together if this happens.

The truth is why should I be there for you now after what you did to me in the past? In fact at this stage the mistakes you made in the past are coming back to you. It is about time you realised that what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You,

Deep breaths. You can do this. You can. It will be tough but what have you got to lose? Nothing. This is an amazing opportunity, too amazing to pass up.

Let's do this!

From Me :)

Dear self,

Well done on reaching 35, 000 words on book. Keep going :D

From me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

This is incredibly hard, being away from you. I miss you. I love you. Come home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm very tired of being nice to people and having them mess me around. No more. That's it. I'm done.

Dear people in my work placement,

I can't wait to start :D Please be nice to me :o

From ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

You think I'm the one with the resentment, and you're being unfairly treated?

You came out of nowhere, called me childish and pathetic, and told me I was upsetting everyone. You also dragged everyone into your argument to try to back up your incorrect assumptions. You wrote a seething essay of a message, read over it, probably had someone check it too, saved it to your phone, slept on this message, and still felt the need to send it to me as I was one "causing a row" apparently.

All I did was explain what was going on as you were abroad for most of it, I never attacked you once, I never called you names, I never made assumptions about what you or anyone else felt, I kept everyone out of my points because they were my words and opinions and I wasn't going to speak on their behalf.

Check yerself before you wreck yerself darling. I don't feel the need to defend myself and apologise if I've already explained the truth and someone decides to believe hearsay over what a friend of several years is telling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I hope you realise I'm the biggest regret of your life and I hope that when you do realise this that I've moved on and will be happier than I've ever been!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

I will always adore you, regardless... You are a really special guy, whether you believe me or not.
    Was like you read my thoughts - you are rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I hope I didn't miss my chance. But then I also want to have my cake and eat it; I'm so greedy!

I wish this was easier. I wish I knew what I wanted. I wish I weren't so afraid of making a tit of myself and ruining everything.

Dear You,

I miss you so much. It hurts now. I know that I'll move on, that in two years time I'll laugh but right now, I feel like I'm at breaking point. And for what? I never had you in the first place. If I could go back to 2013, I would do it differently. I would be a different person now. Because this isn't me. None of this feels real anymore.

Dear co-workers in my work placement,

Thank you all for being very nice to me in my first week there, I was a nervous wreck on my first day :o I've very much enjoyed my first week. Can't wait for my second week now :D

From ATC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Dear me,
    Come on, push through. Things are on the turn, you can feel it. Just hold on: you've been through much worse.
    This time I'll try to be a friend to myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't have the magic wand that can fix the things you all want me to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't have the magic wand that can fix the things you all want me to fix. I'm sorry but I can't fix this :(

Jeez, enough - overkill already! Next time I simply won't say and spare myself the grief. Somedays you make me wish I didn't come back.

Dear new guy, you have just a little more attitude than I like in a supervisor. It's pretty clear you and I are going to have problems if you don't curb that macho superiority to suit your vocabulary. And P.S. if you insist on using such big words in an official capacity, may I suggest you get yourself a dictionary?

Dear work placement,

I'd love you to keep me on...pretty please :D I'd love for it to turn into a real job

From ATC

Fingers crossed for u ATC

Thanks SAC :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Dear OH
    I know times are tough for you but it will get better and you will get satisfaction

May 2014
    wrote:
    I'm so lost without you -when I'm alone, it's all I can do not to fall to pieces.

I hope we're not through, as you mean the world to me.
    I should have told you that I loved you, I just didn't want to lose you by scaring you away.

2 years from that first kiss and it all blows up in our faces.
    I feel like someone has reached into my body and pulled my heart out and ripped it to shreds.
    Please know that I'll always be here and I'll never stop loving you.
    Thank you for having been my everything.
    wrote:
    10 weeks later and life goes on, but it's been so so hard.
    I miss our friendship more than anything in the world.
    There is nobody who will ever understand like you, nobody who knows what only we know and nobody we can ever tell either.
    I hope things are improving for you.
    Please remember that I'm not going anywhere.
    Your friend forever.
    x

More than anything you need to know that you totally got this all wrong . I'd never ever blank you like that.I couldn't, just not me . You've got to believe that.
    Am crying here because I don't want you thinking that, but I can't let you know?
    Not quite sure whether or not this is the end.

Remember what the tattoo said? That still stands . NSQSA.

Your ditzy daft goggledy blue eyed friend x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Putting everyones needs before my own for too long. Is it so hard to ask for a little bit back, Just a little.

Financially stuck and emotionally ****ed up. Maybe be concerned rather than defensive. It is you I needed and you just added to my grief. You're not who I thought you were.

How did I let you do this to me?
    How did I let myself get to this?

• Advertisement

So it was a year yesterday u dumped me....time really flew! But there was one thing I should have said.....thank you.... cause god knows how long I would have let u fooled me otherwise....

Love your ex pet xoxo

Advertisement