Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Dear belly,

Please stop trying to kill me! I've gone the doctor n waiting on the hospital appointment. Please just give me a break - just for this weekend at the very least... Please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am pregnant, please, please give me some love and attention. You go out of your way for everyone else, but not for me.
    Today was a bad day, you know that, and I've been crying in our bedroom for hours, you're watching tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear self,

Well done on reaching another 1000 words :-D

Dear world, universe

Please let the good times continue. Makes a welcome change from feeling depressed and down all the time :-)

From atc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

To my little man, Thank you for being a great little worker. We are all so proud of you.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't understand your logic. You said I'd be perfectly fine getting on a plane and flying to England, but I tell you I'm going to drive to another town in Ireland with the aid of a sat nav and you start panicking? WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

So I should be sitting on a flight right now, heading off for a weekend away with no kids or a care in the world but no, you just couldn't face up to your responsibilities and look after your children.
    Thanks for ****ing nothing. You are the most selfish prick I've ever had the misfortune of meeting, never mind be married to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

.... not this time, cowboy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

So I've calmed down - a bit - and well I think you should know that this is the first time in the 18- odd months that I have been honest with E (yes honesty your favourite word that you just bandy about as if you actually comply with it - which is of course bull**** because you are a pathological liar).
    So when E was waiting by the open door for you to turn up- while the taxi that I ordered was sent away twice - eventually I just said E you may as well close that door because daddy is not coming, and then he started crying. And this was totally different crying. I'd never seen him cry like this. It was genuine sadness. Not the usual whinge or tantrum, this was quiet sobbing. We all cried for a little while.
    You did this to your son. You. The man who has claimed on many occasions that you would do anything for him. Well I think we all know that's bull****. You couldn't give a flying **** about anybody but yourself. Oh boo hoo you can't go out for the weekend cos you are spending it with your children. Well welcome to my world most weekends ... Yeah I can't do my own thing most if the time, but Jesus that's what happens when you have kids. The kids I might point out that you wanted. I was never bothered either way, but no you wanted a child and so I agreed- because I loved you and wanted you to be happy. What a ****ing fool I was.
    So yet again you have left down your son. And you know what. In another few years he's gonna be one of these kids that doesn't want to go to the other parent. Because he'll be onto you.
    He's gonna realise that you are a ****ing loser. I wouldn't mind if you would actually acknowledge that you have a problem and deal with it, but no you blame everyone and everything and take no responsibility yourself.
    You have no idea the amount of times that I've wanted to tell you to **** off and stay away from us. But I don't because it's not fair on him. I know every time you turn up at the house whether you are sober or drunk or stoned. Don't think for a second that I don't. But I very rarely make a scene for his sake, and this has been my downfall. Maybe if I did actually make a scene you might actually realise what damage you are doing to your son. Even tonight he heard me scream down the phone at you even though I went out to the garden. He still heard every word. And I'm broken up about that, because I never want him to be exposed to any drama. But I really doubt that you could give a ****, I think that you made me miss my flight on purpose ... Yes I actually now think that you are that sociopathic.
    I assume you are already buried at the bottom of a bottle again blaming everything but your decision to go on the piss last night. But if you want to make good with your son you need to turn up sober and ready to actually care for him (and the baby that you keep pretending does not exist). Because he was already asking me if you are coming tomorrow and all I can say is I don't know.
    You broke my heart tonight because you broke your sons heart. The baby is oblivious but your other beautiful sensitive boy is just too young to have to deal with this ****.

Dear work placement,

I'd love you to keep me on...pretty please :D I'd love for it to turn into a real job

From ATC

So you didn't keep me on, bit disappointed about that but thank you SO much for taking me on for the two weeks. I learnt an awful lot, enjoyed the work I did and felt good to be part of a team. Thank you for my farewell gathering, it was a lovely thing to do :D even though I was blushing for most of it :o (we had tea & cake with the team, and a short speech from the boss)

Dear self,

Well done for completing the work placement, you showed up every day (apart from one day went home cos of a migraine) and tried your best. Didn't get upset or pass any notes to anyone which was a major feat considering you're anxiety levels. All in all, much more mature about the whole thing. Well done you!

From me :)

Dear ....

I always second guess myself, I have no confidence in my judgement but when it came to you I should have listened to my gut instinct. The truth is you never cared. I know that now. You discarded me once before, which funnily enough you can't remember but I do. You didn't mean anything much to me then so I didn't mind, I probably just thought it was ill mannered and moved on. But tossing me aside again, after the time that's passed is symbolic of what I am to you which is nothing. Please believe me when I say this, in the event that something goes wrong and you try to contact me - I won't be there. I'm not your fallback, stop-gap or sounding-board. Not anymore.

Best of luck with your life though, I do hope everything works out for you.

• Advertisement

Hello A

I asked C had she a good weekend today. I knew she had plans for the weekend and she seemed in good form.
    She told me she had a great day on Saturday.

She then told me that she heard from 2 different people that your girlfriend is pregnant. This was the girl you dumped her for. When she told me about you and her a while ago - I said don't worry it will just be a matter of time before she is pregnant.
    She also heard that you have begun to sell things as your have to pay for your girlfreinds termination.

C realised that she has things belong to you. She has already sold some of these and plans to sell the rest of them. She won't be giving you any of this money either. She knows that you cheated her out of money in the past.

In fact C is just delighted to have you out of her life. Her life has improved a lot since things ended with you. She is moving on with her life and making plans.
    From what she told me what happened to you and your new girlfreind well it could not have happened to a nicer couple.
    Karma - what goes around comes around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I've heard it said that 'If you dream about someone, it means that the person you are dreaming about is thinking of you.'

Well, just to let you know as the 3 planets were lining up this morning I had a lovely dream about you. I hope it's true, could you get back to me and let me know if you were thinking about me. I know when I looked at them early this morning I was thinking of you.

All the best......

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Self,

You're stupid, stupid, stupid.

Now you've said it move on and fix it!

Dear...
    It's been 5 months. How things are different since the start of the year. I wish I could tell you this in person, but you are no longer here.
    I was hoping you would come save me from this town and show me how much you cared. Each day that passes that dream slowly fades. I know my wounds aren't healing properly partly because I won't let them. It's like a scab that you keep picking,it's strangely satisfying. I need to let you go so I can move on but I can't. I see things that remind me of you and what was once our world and each time I can feel the pressure on my heart like it's going to crack.
    Please tell me how you said you felt about me wasn't a lie because all those cracks would shatter.

I still love you

Hoping one day to see you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Me

Cop on and get yourself together

Dear self,

Well done on getting to 39, 000 words in manuscript. Keep sticking with it even though writing about taboo things make you feel very vulnerable. Only another 40ish thousand words before the first draft is finished!

Also now is the time for you to sort out your tummy, I know the idea of medical tests scares you, but realistically if you got a job you couldn't hold it down with so many sick days & going home early in pain & unwell. Do your diary for a month & go to the Dr & get some tests done. Find out what's going on cos it's not normal :(

Dear boss in work placement,

Thank you for giving me an awesome report on how I did :D I'm chuffed!

From ATC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Good luck to both of you, You have worked hard for this and you deserve it! Go on tonight and give it socks because its a once in a lifetime experience. Ill be there watching and Im so so proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Dear ES
    After so many years of being best friends, I just still can't get over the fact you dropped me because AW made you choose between me and her. Why did you do it? And in such a heartless way? I'll never forget the feeling in my heart when I saw the 2 of you walking up the road together past my house. I had to call you to find out what was going on and you were so nonchalant about the whole thing. I've not had a close friend since then. I can't trust anyone since that. You and her aren't even friends anymore, that's what hurts so much. I hate even seeing you out because my heart breaks again for that lost friendship. I miss your friendship so much.

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

We are never ever ever...getting back together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Dear J

When we married I thought I had found the man of my dreams who would cherish me forever...And for 20 years I had. Then your family caused so much trouble for us and what hurt most is that when some of them turned on me you didnt stand up to them and defend me..I thought you were my hero and we could face anything together. How wrong I was. I thought my heart was broken then but when I saw those texts I only then realised what a broken heart really was. Everything I believed in was gone. We have dragged on but now I cant do it anymore and wish you would get your head around it and accept it.. Life will never be the same again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Universe,

How many more dickwads do I have to go through to meet someone decent? I want to meet someone.

Thanks,
    MP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks hubbie,
    Bear with me til the end of next week and work should be starting to get back to normal and yourself and our youngster will have me back to yourselves again!

Dear Universe,

Please let next week go well. I'm tired of sitting at home after working so hard at college. I want a new life for myself.

xPPx

Dear D,

Stop laughing all the time! you're really not that funny

Dear L,

Thanks for inviting me to play a game with you, it was pretty fun:) brought back school memories for me. Also you're hot ;)

Dear self,

You really don't give yourself enough credit at the very best of times, look where you've got to on manuscript compared to February! Keep going, write the final few thousand words & get the darn 1st draft finished for 2016! :D

From ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

S,
    This is not my fault. Your the one with your head stuck up your a*se.
    Stop punishing me for your problems. And like I mentioned, I'm not the only one who is fed up.

C,
    Thank you. I realised after it that I needed you.

G,
    Can I be the same person I was back then? I miss the old me I was back in 2012 :(

Mum,
    Please stop looking at me with such hate in your eyes. I'm not sure what I've done to you. I love you so much.

R,
    You really humiliated me today. I hope you're proud of yourself.

You can f**k off if you think I'm going to spend my free time in England making stockings for something you didn't even think to ask me about signing up for. You won't even be there. This is possibly the biggest opportunity of my life. I am not messing it up for a stupid craft fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Will you ever PISS off and leave me alone. We're not friends and I haven't forgotten what you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

The other day I was making noodles for my lunch and I could swear if I'd turned my head I'd have found my my father sitting behind me.
    I've always enjoyed extra sauce, extra flavour, etc, so when I was younger I discovered that if I cooked half a packet of noodles with one sachet if seasoning they tasted much nicer.
    My Dad hated seeing food go to waste, so he'd ask me to cook the full packet and he'd eat the leftovers. Of course, if cooked in the normal fashion this would throw my cooking hack into disarray, so I'd boil the noodles as usual, separate them into two bowls, and empty the sachet onto my portion (adding it after boiling and straining is a taste sensation, just for the uninitiated out there). I'd give him the bowl of plain noodles and wander off to watch television.
    On that day last week, I found myself cooking the full package of noodles for the first time in over six years. I caught myself, laughed, and threw out the extra.
    I could picture our old routine so clearly, could nearly hear him roaring through the house after me "Ah Kablamo!, you didn't give me any flavour! Come back and give me some of the sauuuuce!"

So I guess what I'd like to say is, Dad, if you were here now, I'd let you have the full sachet of seasoning... But just once. Noodles are like a euro, why didn't you just buy your own?!

My god; that's a long post about noodles.

• Advertisement

How are you keeping?

It's been fourteen months now since you dumped me for the last time. Did you get off on dropping me and then picking me up when you wanted? I still think about you though constantly, you're in my thoughts all the time if I'm being honest. It's unhealthy and I have to force myself to stop thinking about you in a good light because the reality is you are a deeply flawed person but one who I still love and really wish I didn't.

Cheers for picking me up as an ego boost and dumping me again a month later - like I was garbage. The sad thing is I was always good to you. Sure, I was going through a tough period in my life, I wasn't assertive enough, used alcohol too much when we socalised, was two stone heavier, had low self-esteem and looking back, was suffering from undiagnosed depression. Maybe you should have put your arm around me and asked 'what's wrong' instead of intentionally ****ing with my head when I failed to meet your lofty expectations. But that was never in you.

It's not like you were perfect either, how many times were you stressed and in tears? How many times did you take your bad moods out on me? How many times did you use social media as a weapon to hurt me? How unreasonable were you at times? How many times did you just flat out treat me like ****? My friends and family saw it but I was just too awe struck to see it and sadly put up with it. When I stood up to you, you broke up and after that I was on a road to nowhere, scared to lose you. We both weren't perfect, but the difference was I loved you anyway, you said you loved me once but you couldn't have. You wouldn't have messed me around like that if you had an ounce of respect towards me. I felt like such a fool the last time you dumped me, I felt hurt and full of regret, unable to process it for months, I never talked to anyone about it and never cried but man did it **** me up for a while?

Your friends sum you up, they look at me like I'm dirt and god knows what they said about me behind my back and for what? Because I wasn't a trophy boyfriend? If only they could live in my head for one day, if only you and they understood some of the stuff I've had to deal with growing up. The fact I didn't measure up wasn't a slight on you, it's who I was. There isn't a bad bone in my body and we both know I always treated you with respect, we both know I never once went out to mess with your head, I never once lost my patience with you and really did care about you. You can't say the same. There was one time I made a small mistake, to most people it would have been forgotten about the next day but you made me feel like **** over it, even bringing it up a year later. I won't miss your passive aggressive bull****, you done fifty times worse and I forgave you instantly. I hold my head up high.

It might sound egotistical but the truth is, you didn't deserve me, I'm a better person than you. I've blocked you on social media, but before I did, I saw you were with your new fella, the guy looks like an utter bellend and that's not jealously, it's the truth, he seems like a lad full of himself, maybe that suits you. I'm not jealous of your new relationship but you must have picked him up a month after burying me, I obviously meant nothing to you.

Just over a year later, I'm stronger. I've cut down on my drinking, I've moved house, I'm working hard, studying in the evenings for a change of job, I've lost all my weight, have never looked better, I am in training to run 10k, hell I've even quit smoking and my lungs are good. I've also been with a good few girls ;) Deep down though, I have my bad days but I'm still the decent person you knew but one who is starting to like himself and is building self-esteem everyday.

You can think you kicked me to the curb and have your ego boost but I'm 100% sure that one day you'll realise what you threw away and the next time you see me, you'll get a fright at how good I'm doing. Thing is though, I know your jealously will eat away at you, when I'm with someone else because that's who you are. Love is a bitch but I've already come out of this better, soon you'll only be a memory and you're free to be miserable all you want but not on my back.

Love,
    -A guy that was crazy about you but who got burned badly.

Advertisement