Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Ex,

Much and all as I still have strong feelings for you, what you asked me for today has in some way helped me to move on a little at last. I was tempted, I can't lie. I've missed you so much, missed seeing you, talking to you and all of that. The past few months have been torture. I trusted you with my heart. I absolutely did not think for a second that you'd end up breaking it, even unintentionally. Talking to you last night and today reminded me how much I still feel for you. But what you asked me for today was not what I wanted you to be asking, and in a roundabout way that helped me realise how much more I deserve than than what was on offer. It felt good to say no to you. I have a strong feeling that the day will come when you realise how much you gave up on and see what a huge mistake you made. I'd take you back in a heartbeat if I thought you wanted to get back together again for the right reasons and in the right circumstances. But only then. If that day comes and it's meant to be, I'll listen to what you have to say and be willing to give things another chance. On the other hand I may well have moved on. I try to remind myself that your loss will be someone else's gain in time, if we don't find our way back to each other for the right reasons. One way or another I am determined not to feel the way I've been feeling for a second longer than I have to. I want to smile more, laugh more, be at my best again. I am still mad about you. But I deserve the best and the best of you and if that's not what you have to offer then someone else will benefit in time. I can't wait to feel great again, soon hopefully, with or without you.

A
    xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Dear D,

Change your mind. Choose me.

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Dear sinus headache
    Please go away, I don't have time to be sick. And you're wrecking my head - literally.

Dear little sister
    When I see you smile, it just reminds me of how amazingly beautiful you are. Keep smiling, the world needs to see you...you make it a better place.

Dear S
    I've made so many acquaintances in that place, but very few true friends; they're hard to find(as we've seen lately), but I knew from day 1 you'd be one of them :)

Dear gym dude
    You're pretty.

Dear C,

Thank you for breaking my heart. I've learned not to love so easily.

S

dear...

you have me tied up in knots. you are the most amazing person i've ever met. i know you're not perfect, so i'm not idealizing you. but you send me into orbit with the things you say and do. i wish i knew what you wanted. i wish i knew how you really felt. i will wait for you forever, and try not to mess things up while i do.

your best friend (and hopeful lobster),
    me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dear Dad,

Don't be ashamed of me, please. I am honestly and truly giving it my best shot, but I am not confident. The last thing I want is to let you down.

P,

Thank you for showing me that nice guys actually do exist.

Thank you for not judging me, or making me feel like an idiot next to you. Thank you for not thinking I'm crazy, or tainted, or messed up. Thank you for listening without judging. Thank you for making me laugh, constantly, and showing me what it means to have a good time with someone.

Thank you for the small, sweet gestures that embarrass me because I'm so not used to them. Thank you for making me feel like I deserve them.

You've made me forget about the bad things in my past, and look forward to a happier and better future, even if you won't necessarily be part of it ... Who knows :)

I feel really lucky to have met you. You're a good person and you've made me really happy lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear you,

The amount off bull**** you come out with is ridiculous. I hope people realise how much of a **** head you really are. What is the point in trying to make your life so interesting? It's clearly not.....

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

S

Thanks a million for showing up in the most unlikely of places this morning when i'd only just rolled out of the shower, hair unbrushed, dripping and slapped up on top of my head.

Will i ever learn that Murphys Law is my number one follower.

You on the other hand looked like the vision of perfection that you absolutely are. I miss you so much. Almost enough to forget the hurt.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Dear R,

It's been 16 years and I still miss you as much as I missed you back then. I'm also still pretty pi***d off that you killed yourself but being angry won't bring you back. You've missed out on a lot of things including meeting your 11 nieces and nephews, soon to be 12! I wish I had been older back then and could have helped you somehow, though the realist in me knows that it probably wouldn't have done any good, you're my big brother and just as stubborn as me if not more so! I wish we could have known each other for longer but I understand life was too difficult for you. Knowing you were able to finally get peace is a small consolation for losing you.

I miss you.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Smurfvin

Dear SM

I don't know how to cheer you up. You've changed so much in such a short space of time. You say you're the same you've always been but you're not, you don't want to do anything that you used to love, you don't go out with your friends and you don't enjoy seeing me.
    Whenever we meet now you don't look at me, you don't smile. You don't want to be there, you just come to make me happy. I've asked you if you want to call it quits, you've said no and I believe you. But i don't know what I can do if you're not happy, it's killing me inside.

You don't talk to me about what's wrong. I wish you would. I think you're worried about your Dad, which is perfectly understandable. I just wish you'd open up and talk about it. I want to help, but you have to leave me help you.

You've said some strange things to me recently which have made me worry about you. To be honest, they've really scared me. It's made me worry about us in the future as I don't know if I can be with someone who thinks that way. I hope you're lashing out, saying things to deflect away from your other thoughts.

I hope I wasn't too much of a jerk before I realised what was wrong. I didn't understand. I couldn't understand why you weren't coming to me. I think I understand now. I want to help you.
    What you need to know is that I love you, now and always. Nothing will ever change that. I'll always stand by you and be there for you. I'll do everything that I can do to cheer you up, to see your smile again.

I love you,
    K

Dear boyfriend <3

Sometimes I actually can't believe that you picked me. I'm so in love with you. When I'm alone and I think of the way you look at me, the way you touch me, the way you kiss me and the way you hold me, I smile and think that I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I really mean that. I know that you thought that I was only taken by the fact that you're my first, but trust me - I know how I feel about you. It's not easy for me to trust people or to talk to people I don't know well but from the first time I met you, things were so easy between us, like I'd known you for years. I was always the quiet, shy little girl but I'm different around you, I feel like myself around you and I want to thank you for that. I just hope that you feel the same about me because losing you would kill me. The past 5 months have been by far the best of my life and I've never felt more beautiful than I do now and it's thanks to you. The little things that you do make me feel so special. Like holding my hand, playing with my hair, running your fingers down my cheek when you kiss me, when you look into my eyes and tell me I'm beautiful, your little smile after we kiss... All I can say is I love you so much babe, please don't ever change.

xxxxxxxx

Dear friends,

I know you're all away at college and I'm stuck at home with no job because I finished college last year. But would it kill you to send a text once in a while? I know how stressful college can be but seriously, it takes a few seconds to send a "Hi, how are things?" I was there for all of you through all the crap but now that I need all of you, you're all too busy. But I'll never say any of this to any of you because I'm the quiet one and everybody expect me to say nothing. I just want to feel like you care.

Yours,

The one who's always there, no matter what.

Dear S,

You'll never know how much all that sh*t affected me. You seem to be fine now, no more self harming. But after I started in an attempt to scare you into stopping, it turned into an addiction for me. I haven't done it in over 4 years but sometimes I still struggle with it and I don't know if I'll ever be ok with it. I'm jealous of you. You cut yourself more and way deeper than I did, I have no scars left, they were really only scratches. And yet somehow you're ok, and I'm not. Answer me one question: how is that fair? We have a good friendship now but I won't be able to shake these feelings, at least not for a long time.

J x

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Dear F,

Did you actually want to be friends or did you just say it without really meaning it? If you do want to be friends than start acting like one. If not, that's fine, just don't pretend that you tried.

Felt good to write that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Dear B

Do you know where the remote control is?

I've looked everywhere

PK

Dear R,

It’s been over a year now since you let me go, or rather I forced you away…. What happened that Christmas 4 years ago will forever be my undoing, we both changed that night, we tried to make it happen again but it’s not something that can be forgiven or should it be. You are the closest thing I have ever had to a best friend AND you are the woman I love. It kills me everyday to know I can’t pick up the phone and just talk to you

Like a fool I still email you and try to communicate but I’m sure it’s a complete waste of time, but I think if I don’t try I will regret it forever. There’s a saying you’re familiar with ‘the truth is everyone’s going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for’, I hope I’m worth it because you definitely are….. no matter how sh1t it feels the little hope I have of making things up to you makes it all seem worth it, I hope I’m right.

Me and J miss you so much, he still won’t take the pictures from our train adventure down off his wall. When you turned down my invitation 2 months ago J said out of the blue that he had a dream that you were coming with us that day. I’m one of the most skeptical people I know but that just blew me out of the water.

I still miss you so much

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Pick me! I want to make you happy and see you smile and wake up beside you and draw your tattoos over and over your skin and show you that you can be with other people and it's not only her who was the only girl who could ever make you happy. I feel like we're standing on a precipice.

For **** sake, please! Please just pick me!

I feel like I'm losing you. Every day that passes it seems less and less likely that things are going to work out between us. I know things are hectic right now, and I'm probably overthinking things, but I wish you'd keep me in the loop, if there is one. I've fallen pretty hopelessly in love with you. I trust that you won't leave me in the lurch, but deep down… the words “too good to be true” come immediately to mind. That's why I've been so reticent. That’s why I've chickened out more than once. That's why I've let you put your heart on the line only to brush you aside. I'm so sorry.

And whatever you do, don't change yourself for my benefit, or think that you have to hide your true colours from me. I think you're amazing, and that's not going to change any time soon. You're wasting your time trying to impress me; preaching to the converted, as it were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Dear better half

I look at other females. Don't resent that. It's human nature.

E

This thread is actually heart-breaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

C,
    You act like you're in love with me and treat me like a princess, yet after this long you say you love us but you don't love me, not yet, you don't know how to do this emotions stuff..... Please learn soon x I do love you x
    LMP

Dear P,
    I may have a stone too much, may be a bit ****ed up in the head, but it's you I feel sorry for. I can lose weight and get help, but you'll always be a bitch.

Dear cm,
    I miss you, the you before her. I wonder why you cut me out and winder are the two linked... Wish you'd tell me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear ???

It's strange that you have appeared back into my life right now! Ever since the first day I saw you I've had this crazy burst of motivation to do a certain thing. I'm not sure why but thanks I needed something to move me forward.

I might bump into you sometime in the future but for now goodluck

N

• Advertisement

Dear me,

Cop on to yourself.

You have so much. There's so much love in your life.So you lost your job. Enough feeling sorry for yourself already...it's been months now.

You're thinking yourself into a depressive hole. Stop. It's bad for you, bad for your brain, bad for everyone around you. Why can't you focus on all the wonderful things you have, instead of the one thing you haven't? Why do you keep letting the panic back in, until you just want to walk out of your own head? You're in control here. Why can't you stop it??

S

Dear OH,

Please turn the TV down. I'm busy moping.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dear exams,

Go easy on me, please?

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Dear D,

I loved you from the minute I met you. I had my issues at the start, issues that I've had for a long time and they came to a head with you. You gave me the strength to get them sorted and I'm not there yet but I'm much stronger than I was.

Which is why it's all the more heartbreaking that you've changed the way you have. You're controlling and mean. You used to fight for me and now you fight with me. You constantly criticize me and things that I do and I now realise that you have your insecurities and issues and I bear the brunt. You used to make me so happy but now you make me cry.

I've stood by you through this tough time you are going through but I've given up too much of myself in the process and I've lost myself when I was just starting to find myself again.

The final straw was today. You tried to control me once too often. I love you, I always will but I need to get away from you before my life is ruined. You've taken all the best parts of me and left me drained.

L

Dear me
    Did you honestly think sleeping with your boss would solve anything in your relationship?

Dear you,

I Hear you, loud and clear, I will try to remember what you didn't say so I never slip again.
    for what its worth, you've changed me forever.

bye.

Are ANY of these people you?

Are they? Because if they are, and you are being all cute and mysterious then I have to tell you, you are doing it too well. I HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU'VE POSTED HERE. Maybe you have, some deep message that you're dying to have me understand, and expected me to pick up on it, and if you have, well, I have to tell you I didn't grasp it. I have read everything and I'm still as perplexed as ever. Maybe you didn't! Maybe you haven't even thought about posting here once, and I'm just going crazy expecting something that won't happen. It's not as if you've ever exactly burnt my ear off with all the things you wanted to say to me, you know. You could, now and again, just drop me a damn line, if you were so inclined.

So, anyway, if you do, please be clear about it, because if you have, I'm none the wiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Dad,

I met you for the first time last year, slow the hell down.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

Dear S,

What did I do that made you so angry with me? Why were you so mean to me with your put downs when all I ever tried to be was a good friend to you?
    Why after 10 years of friendship did you just decide to ditch me for people you barely knew? For people who had treated you badly? You f*cked me up thanks.

Dear T,

Why didnt you care enough?

Dear B,

what is wrong? why cant you talk to me? Why do you resent us all so much? can I help?

Dear BR,

Im sorry, I dont know if I love you anymore :confused:

Wasn't looking for anything, just glad to meet a friend. But your smile, your laugh, your touch, your kiss, all just blew me away! It was only one night, but what an impression you made.

There are so many reasons why it can't work, people would disapprove, would try to stop it, maybe they would be right! There are so many things wrong, and yet I can't help but wonder........what if?

You're a special lady........

• Advertisement

Dear you,

Today for the first time in a long time you did not win, the truth be told neither of us did but at least i didnt loose anything else that i cant afford to. Today I got out with a little self respect, a little more than yesterday anyway....even if just for today.
    I have stood up for the things that truely matter, but I can recognise when I have lost, I really dont want to try anymore. I think we both know where I've been.

From me.

Advertisement