Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

To my love: It's nearly that time of year again when our hearts break and you tell me that you have no friends only me. You deserve so much more than this crappy life has given you. I love you.
    To my father: It's been months since I've spoken to you. Was I really that expendable? You stood by and watched what she did. You've made your choice, you'll live and die with that now.
    To my mother: A year and a half since we've spoken. You've driven almost everyone away with your bitterness. You almost destroyed me. And laughed at me while you were doing it. What mother does that? What mother wishes her own child dead? I never had children because of you. I was afraid your craziness would infect them.

To me: Never give up believing that you're a good person. She didn't win. You're still here. And you are loved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh my dear, you will never know how much satisfaction that moment gave me. I out-hypocrited you, and that takes doing. I didn't know I had it in me, because I am a very straightforward person, and I don't do hypocrisy. But, I have to say it was worth it, just this once. You were so much on the back foot, it was actually funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear C,

thank you for asking me out! Totally wasn't expecting that, nice you see me as an attractive woman :) I look forward to the first date :D Maybe my luck is turning around in terms of love..

From ATC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Dear universe,

I am curious to know what being in love feels like. Want to help me out there?

Thanks,
    Maka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X,

You were right, you are ugly and I am much too attractive to settle for someone like you. Is that shallow? Fcuk it. You so easily judge women on their appearance, why shouldn’t I be so blunt about you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭LucaDat

C - Goodbye. I have nothing left to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

G,
    Getting sick of the silent treatment!

B,
    I hope to see you again in the new year. You are hilarious.

Me,
    It's ok. Your ok. Whatever happens, happens. Stop worrying. You can't do anything until then.

Body,
    Please, please, please, just work properly! Either be normal, or give me a sign.
    And please just sleep!!

K,
    I wanted to tell you, but I just couldn't say it because I am in limbo. And I don't want to jinx it.

Dear ____

You make me feel like sh*t. Thanks for that.

Dear W,

At least your in contact with me via whats app. You have been blowing hot and cold with me for the past few months. Being honest you have behaved like a total **** with me over a few things. The truth was W I had my own reasons for forgiving you but I have not forgoten what you did to me.

I said to you over a year ago that you needed to lose some weight because your health would suffer if you did not. Your now waiting for the results of tests. I don't have medical training but I feel your going to get some bad news in regards to your health from what you told me. You have to make some life changes and you need to lose at least 5 stone weight.

I know you won't find this easy. I am not thin myself but I lost a few stone this year and I could help you do the same. At this stage you need to do this other wise your health will continue to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Mam, You have control issues and I'm too old to be controlled. You threw a complete tantrum because you found out that we were messaging another relation. I don't have to tell you what we are doing all the time. You don't like my friends because you think you should be the only one I need., you want to control my relationship and my kids, you can't. You screamed and acted like a mad woman and hung up on me the other day. I have exams to do, I have a deadline for projects, My child is being bullied and I can't take anymore.

Everytime you throw the head I give in and ring first because your my mam, your not my best friend as you keep saying you want to be..... Your my mam! People tell me to break contact but I cant because you try to turn my siblings against me.

Even when things are good I still get stressed about visiting or ringing you because I don't know what way you are going to be with me. Can't we not just take each other as we are and just get on with it.

I have a decision to make because I can't keep letting you make me feel bad about things. I feel if things keep going the way they are I will end up getting sick and I need to be here for my kids. Its Christmas and I am at breaking point.

• Advertisement

Dear friend,

I know you mean well, but please stop asking me why I'm single and advising me to get a boyfriend. You seem to think (and you've said so) that I have a whole line of potential suitors all knocking on the door and that I'm systematically rejecting them all for the craic. I was telling the truth when I said only one guy asked me out in the last year and I said no because he was a bit too fond of a certain drug (to say the least). It's embarrassing, but it's true.

I don't know why I'm still single. I don't know why I'm only interested in guys who aren't interested in me and vice versa. I don't know how I still haven't met the right person at the right moment, but at the same time I'm not going to go and throw myself at some random lad cause you think I need to be in a relationship. You probably don't even remember a time when you were single because you have a wonderful long-term relationship, but you need to realise we're different people and I am not half as scared of being alone as you would be.

So, please, please, please stop bringing it up and making things awkward for everyone. Tonight I couldn't get you off the topic, pushing me for answers, and it was painful. You mean well, and you think you're helping, but you're really not.

P
    I know you never meant to lie to me but the fact of the matter is you did. Easily for three years. And I'm trying to trust you again because I love you but some days it's just hard. I wish you'd respect that. And I feel so angry that I'm the one who has to live with it, my world fell apart but nothing has really changed for you. I hurt and you're still carrying on as normal. I will forget eventually but for now I'm not going to apologise for feeling sad just because it makes you feel bad.
    L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dear P,
    Get it done with and draw a line under it. Not one person has offered to help you out with it, and some of those would have plenty of time to help you. Those same people would be looking for the finished report as soon as it's done and pick holes in it.
    Think you have learned a lesson in politics here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭LucaDat

Y'all just back off and stop blaming the single girl! I refuse to entertain your inane irrationalities.

Dear migraines,

Kindly leave me alone! I'm in agony here :(

From a very pissed off and in pain ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Do ye all realise that its my Christmas holidays as well so please give me a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Happy Christmas, Loungers! Hope you're all fed and watered, happy and safe, and have someone to spend the festivities with xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

I'm the last one standing all my friends and family are asleep or passed out #lightweights
    happy Xmas to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

To the wonderful wonderful Journalist who gave us a beautiful Memento of our dear Uncle. :( ;( Thank you so very much. Such a lovely gesture that you didn't have to do at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I am terrified.. Terrified of you leaving us.. please dont joke about wanting to die or counting the days down..

When you got out of the car yesterday it took everything in me not to burst into tears.. you got hurt so badly from just falling out of bed..

I cant even think of life without you around, Grandad :(

To my father: After all the months of no contact you choose Christmas Eve to ring me. I missed the first call but it still left me in floods of tears. I answered the second call because I'm a better person than you. You proceeded to tell me of your holiday plans with her. She has destroyed your family, but you persist in playing out the myth that I give a sh*t about her anymore. She may have given birth to me but she lost the right to have any presence in my life a long time ago. Stop pretending. If she gave a damn about me, surely she would have made some effort to make amends by now. I spent years trying, I'm done. Just leave me be. Please.... Please.

To me,

Finish off the manuscript, you can do it! :D x

Dear mankind
    Please consider when you give off expressions of 'interest' that they might be too indirect to act upon. Perhaps consider too that some men, more calculating than you, deliberately make their actions ambiguous to confuse the more socially inept and make us lower our guard. Indirectness feels like we're not worth the effort, and at worst, can feel threatening. If we don't respond, don't take it personally. (Some of us don't know the script!)

To D,R and R: You have got to be the most selfish, most ungrateful pieces of sh*t ever put on this planet. This Christmas out of all of them, none of you could find any shred of human decency in your over indulged lives to just think about someone else for a change. But thinking about who raised you it's not that surprising. Speaking of which, let it go! Bitterness shows in every fibre of your body.

To C: Cop on, Jesus you'd think no-one else ever suffered a loss. It's not all about you. It's not even about you, maybe that's the problem.

To me: It would seem you have lots to get of your chest. This is a good thing. You're doing great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just. Go. Away.

You're here every time I bloody turn around, ffs! The cheek of you walking in through our gate and our back door and making yourself tea. Three times a f**king day! You have no manners at all. You absolute p***k.

Dear A,

I'm so glad you're alive, you disappeared for two years after your suicide attempt and I was getting worried about you my friend. You are looking very well, I hope to catch up with you and continue our friendship x

Dear ex,

I'm glad you know now I didn't cheat on you..but it's a little too late! I know you still love me, I'm sorry but I don't love you back

Dear C (aka new guy)

I hope this works out! Hurry up my birthday (the first date:D) I'm glad you told me about your little trust issue at this early stage, I'm not sure if I can do it again, I just hope it eases after the first date as you say, I guess time will tell..

From ATC

You know, I just don't think I want anything with you after all. You have the sexual and emotional maturity of a 14 year old boy. I'm stunned that you're a man in your 30s. The way you behave is a huge turn off.

Dear -
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore you. Women get nervous too.

• Advertisement

Dear m,

Thank you so much for agreeing to write the foreword part of my book, its a huge thing and means a lot to me. I'll know you'll do an awesome job of it!

Dear self,

Its OK that you're scared of people seeing your work but feel the fear anyway and send the bloody manuscript to m!

From ATC

Done :D well done on sending it! I'm a nervous wreck now...:o

Advertisement