Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sarah1991

To the bullies,

I can remember being 15 wishing I could be older, be 25, because then I wouldn't have to put up with you all, put up with the name calling, with the laughing, with the pain.

You made me wish my life away and be ashamed of who I was. But I'll never let that happen again. I won''t ever let someone get me that down again.

I saw two of you yesterday and it all came back to me, I could remember how you made me feel. But I'm happy I was the bigger person, walking by, smiling and letting you know that you will never have any power over me again.

I'm 25 this year and life is good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Oh no.

Why do I never listen to my own advice? I think I'm in trouble here. I don't know if my hunch about you is right or just wishful thinking, but I don't want last week to be a one off. But if we are together again I'll get attached. And I don't think you want that, do you?

I am sick of being on my own, to tell the truth. But would being with you not amount to the same thing in the end?

I'm barely in control of the situation now. And I've to spend a weekend with you. Unfortunately a part of me can't wait, and wants to seduce you all over again.

DAMMIT IVY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We've already had this conversation but it seems that you weren't listening. Why am I the only adult in this house? Am I the only one know knows how to work the wash machine, the dishwasher, the Hoover, am I the only one who knows how to clean a toilet or change a bed? Am I the only one who actually gives a thought to food, meals, prep, shopping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    We've already had this conversation but it seems that you weren't listening. Why am I the only adult in this house? Am I the only one know knows how to work the wash machine, the dishwasher, the Hoover, am I the only one who knows how to clean a toilet or change a bed? Am I the only one who actually gives a thought to food, meals, prep, shopping?

It's called being a female and I sympathise

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AvyStreet

Why didn't you answer your phone and yes I left a message over 30 minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

ugh here we go again with this shít, just do it and be over with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am a selfish **** who always puts myself first, no matter who I hurt in the process. When does it end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Dear God,

Please take away my neck pain, I don't know how I've gotten through today with it. I'll be really generous and even swapsies fatigue and put up with it and I promise I won't give out about it. Pretty please! Just take away this neck pain!!! I won't complain about Fatigue again anyway that's for sure! I'll take a session of Fatigue over sore-ness please. :)

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

isn't it funny how the people in life who accuse you of having 'trust issues' are the ones who struggle to tell the truth?

Dear You,

Congratulations, out of all the people who have hurt me in life, you win you are the one who has finally broken me. Why did you bother? Why did you chase me why did you persuade me to give you a chance? This by the way is why I said no at first, because I know that any relationship I get into will be a disaster and I will be the one hurt.

I don't know whether you think I am just plain stupid or that you are a great liar. I know that you lied and what is worse is I have sat here this week watching you lied over and over again. I am glad you are 'so worried' about me, I am intrigued that you have 'no idea' why I am so upset and angry. yet you continue to lie, to elaborate. You think I don't like her again because she is back to her bossy intrusive self? You think I am upset because you and thick as thieves again? No love, I don't like her because like you she is a liar. I was out of the f**king country for two days. Do you think I am so bloody stupid? You suddenly have to go somewhere that night, don't communicate for nearly 24 hours and I am meant to suspect nothing? Do you think I bought it that you cleaned the house from top to bottom to make me happy? The only reason I can't call you on your BS is because we both know how I know. Yeah, I checked your phone messages. Lynch me for it all you like, god I wish I could tell you but I wont give you the satisfaction of turning it back on me. So you spent that night out with her and the following day sleeping off yet another hangover. I know you are a liar, I know you are a drunk, I suspect you are also a cheat. I checked your message because I cant afford to waste another decade loving a liar. Funny how you have deleted all the evidence since isn't it?

I pretend to ignore your alcoholism, I pretend not to see the hidden cans and bottles, I pretend to believe you when you went for a drive / to meet a friend/ to do whatever you pretend you do. I could actually forgive all that you know but what kills me is you lying about her. It took everything I had not to slap you both yesterday.

yet you wonder why your ex's left you? The mind boggles, it really does.

Dear Her

Watch yourself. Brag all you like about your temper, I never mention mine, it wont need an introduction. Keep trying to make a fool out of me and you will regret it

Dear best Friend

hello, its me. You don't answer. I need you. I can't ring anyone else.

dear Mum

you were right, I am a fool. I cant admit it yet, please be there for me in time.

Dear me

lets face it love you lost it all before - your pet, your cheating ex fiancé, your friends, your best friend. Now you have also lost your home because you were dumb enough to fall for this drunk liar. So you know what you are going to do you idiot, you are going to stop acting like you are because he will dump you and you will be homeless and alone too.
    Get a fake smile on your face, use what you have to get some money saved and some plans put together. Stop caring for him, stop paying for things, stop worrying, forget about honesty and loyalty, do what the hell you want now and when the time comes you can move on to someone else, somewhere else. Everybody lies girl, its just better the devil you know. Life will be easier now that you know this and lets face it - you will never trust anyone every again anyway so you might as well be with a liar. You reached out, that was brave, no one answered. you are on your own girl, but you knew that, you always were, you always will be.

Dear Dog

You are my best friend. I wont leave because I cannot bring you with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Mind your own business regarding my Facebook.

Take your nose out of my business completely and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

Bloody interfering busybodies. :mad:

• Advertisement

Dear Doctor,
    After our very brief appointment I knew even less than before I went in! Thank goodness for Dr. Google, he filled me in instead and now the picture is much clearer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Universe, please give my family a break for a little while.

T I remember having the craic with you in the chipper that night. I only wish I could remember that conversation in more detail. I know we had some laughs! You packed so much in during your time with us... No regrets... I hope you're at peace beyond this world.

J I hope you too are at peace, and that you're reunited with those who've gone before.

Cousins... That ye even thought of me during this time just shows your generosity and kindness.

Dad please be careful, I want you at my wedding and god knows when I'll find a man to marry me!

Mam I love you and I don't mean to be cold sometimes... I guess I find it easier than letting myself feel. A bad strategy as I'm finding life rough now... I miss him too and I do just want you to be happy X

M you're such a good friend to me, so kind and thoughtful... I feel rotten about what I did.

L.... My bestie. I worry so much. You gave me some shock last week. Take care of yourself please.

Oh and you... You I think I'm done with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear A and B

I just want to let you know that I spoke to Z about you both. The truth is I have given you both plenty of chances to help me out. You lazy pair have sat back and done as little as possible to help me. I spoke to you B about something 12 months ago and got a lot of abuse then. In fact B since then you have advoided me a lot. I have realised that once everthing in good in your world the rest of us can just get lost.

What can I say to you now A. I spoke to you over 12 months ago about a few things. You fed me a pack of lies. You never mentioned how much you helped C but the truth is I know this. After what you said to me a few days ago I realised that I had reached the end of the line with my current situation. The comment you made to me then said it all to me.
    I am sick of being ingnored, of being lied to and then you try to keep me sweet with the odd amount of money or the odd offered favour. I can see through this.

Dear Z
    I am sorry I gave you so much information at the one time. I could have said some of this by email but I did not want other people to know about our chat. I did not want to put you in a bad position with A and B but I need your help to sort out a few things. I know you heard a few things that were not plesent to hear but I had to tell you everthing so you can help me move forward. I am not being a bitch but at this stage I need some help with A and B other wise I will still be in the same situation in a year time.
    I will leave this with you for a while and see what you come up with.

Dear U,
    Thanks for your call. I told you about the converstion with Z and you made me see I have done the right thing. I also said some thing personal about me but you told me you figured this out a while ago. I was glad to tell you. The truth is in the past I had a few so called freinds who I did a lot for but they were never there for me as much as you have been. The past year has not been easy for either of us but I think better times are coming for us both.

Dear Z
    Thanks for that offer the other day. I can't go for this because I have few personal issues to sort out. I can't say much about these for various reasons.
    I was glad to get this offer as it made me see the man I have known for a long time is still there. My offer to help you still stands. I won't say it will always be easy but I know that long term will be worth it for you. I want to see you at M 21st and think back to the time I helped you lose weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

My whole life you've been there.. I can't think about you not being around or not being you.. please let these tests go well..

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

When you see me next Friday for the first time in 7 years don't come and talk to me, don't try to explain, don't come to me for closure.

You never gave it to me when you broke my heart and I'm certainly not going to give it to you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Thank you. Im so so greatful, I wont let you down. I promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭batmanrobin

I'm not going to allow you to rent space in my head any more. You've behaved so badly towards me and I made excuses for all of it. You're not worth it. I deserve better.

For a third of my life you have been in it. It's just flown by! Love you and looking forward to speading the rest of my life with you in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

I'm not asking for much just a little help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I wish ye were there for me. My life would be some but easy and normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

My Dear, that was the most eloquently worded text I've ever read. It took you two weeks to compile that complete load of BS, did it? "It's not you, it's me" is something I could've understood, but blaming our "direction" on the universe is a new one on me! Surely the universe has it's hands full with things like World Peace; doubt it cares who you date! Way to take NO responsibility for your choices! Hmmm, tell me, was it the universe that set up your online dating profile? Thanks, but spare me the nonsense. Don't expect your charming words to make things right between us. If we were that close or as special as you claim, you wouldn't be getting married to someone else. Man up.

Dear Universe, what is so wrong with me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Moving home is hard. I know it's only for a year (and a bit) but you have to get your head around it. Or else you won't survive.
    It has only been a week and you need to get into a routine. Your parents aren't trying to piss you off. They are interested in you.
    I know it's difficult to give up your freedom, and the fact your partner can't stay over is completely ridiculous, but this is giving you a way to buy your own house.
    Once that is done you will never be beholding to landlords or parents again.
    You will get there, it's just going to take time.
    And a lot of trips to him instead of the other way around.

Hopefully the divorce will come quickly and the process of buying a house will be easier.
    Patience kitten, patience.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

You can't look me in the eye, and rightly so. You can't stand over your actions. I've always believed that what goes around comes around, and it has, for you. Keep promoting the saintly image. Not many people believe it, I can tell you. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

It's not fair that this is all being left to me.. how am I supposed to tell him this? .... He's so broken already :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Is it just me?or do you not trust him either?

He is my best friend, what am I gonna do,leave your spare room and go sleep with him while you are gone?
    No. Because that is ridiculous.

So now he will never get to come visit me here either.
    I have very few friends in life and you are just making it harder for me to keep him in it.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I am so sorry for saying that last night. I am so sorry for upsetting and hurting you. You know I love you more than words can say. And when I realised that I had hurt you I could feel my heart shatter into a tiny thousand pieces. The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you, ever again.

I am sorry for being a bit distant. I am sorry for feeling "numb". I guess I am just in a weird head space, a stupid funk. I know I have said this all ready to you and I know we've talked it out and seem to be ok but I just get this feeling that I struck a nerve deep down in you. I scared you, didn't I?

You've lost so much in your life and I know you're scared to lose me but in fairness I am terrified of loosing you. You've helped me become who I am, helped me get on with my own struggles in life and I have helped you come along too, helped you with your education, stood by you when things got tough for you and your family. You're the best thing that has happened to me and I mean it when I say it, you saved my life. You saved me from myself.

No one compares to you. I am a stupid ****ing bitch who needs to cop onto herself and realise how lucky she is. I hate myself for hurting you. I love you eternally Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I was looking forward to tomorrow and now its ruined because those muppets are coming. It will honestly take all my strength not to punch either of them square in the face!!
    Nobody wants you there. You're an embarrassment to the family when out in public!
    I pretty sure im being punished for something i did in a past life!! it obviously was bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey,

I've blocked your numbers (iPhone and burner) in case, at some point in the future, you decide that (a) you need money for something random (like prescriptions or towels or pillows or clothes or food), (b) you need an ego boost, (c) you have an itch between your legs that needs scratching or (d) you have a pathological need to mess with some poor schmuck's head.

That's really all our quote-unquote relationship came down to, no? And stop blaming the booze: you knew *exactly* the damage you were doing. Again. And again. What a waste of almost four years. I would have done *anything* for you. Anything.

The worst? Having to answer my eight-year-old daughter when she asked, "Are you sad again because she doesn't call anymore?"

Have a fabulous Paddy's. I know I won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Well you've really surpassed yourself this time..
    How many relationships can you **** up and still not care and be able to make excuses.
    This time however there are children involved but I really hope their Dad gets to keep them because they would be far better of than having you in their lives.
    The term Mother could and should not be used when describing you.
    Shame on you
    You are heading for a very sad and lonely life but you get what you deserve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

You almost convinced me I mattered.

almost.

Advertisement