Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I heard your kids repeating your racist and homophobic opinions a few days ago. I can't believe you're still spouting that nonsense, that no-one's ever called you on it and that you've passed it on to them. It's awful hearing that stuff from someone so young. They don't know any better now, but when they're a bit older and in secondary school/college, they'll meet those people you regularly take the piss out of, and I hope they realise how wrong you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok really, just leave me alone.

I want peace and quiet.

I really dont have the mental capacity to talk to anyone right now.

and im very creeped out from the last time we talked.

Leave me alone for a few days

please.

R x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

'n I was in such a good mood too, thinking of him and smiling... until your name popped up... as it occasionally does... it throws me back in time, or atleast to bittersweet memories of loss and regret. Then all I can recall is how much I miss you. Fact: I am still in love with my best friend, and nobody or nothing will ever change that.

...and that makes me very sad.

Dear D,

I will met you soon. After all I have been through in the past year I recently got some good news.
    I can't wait to see your face when I tell you and show you prof of this. I can't wait to see your reaction and how you act after this.

I had waited for a moment like this for a long time and I am going to enjoy it.
    "What goes around comes around."

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Dear self, you are amazing. You. Are. Amazing. You have come so far! You can and WILL go further. Do not lose hope. You are stronger than you think! You are amazing.

From self :-*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Happy Birthday and Happy Easter:) We miss you so much wherever you are xx

So you finally rang me. It was stupid late but I didn't care. I was so happy I almost cried. You had been drinking. Afterwards I was sick with worry for you. It's unfair you doing this. Ringing out of the blue. Knowing how I worry. Knowing I can't contact you. Then disappearing again.

You and my mam are the only two people in this world who are the reasons I know I can love. It is a selfless deep no matter what kind of love. I want you to be happy. I want you to live happily ever after. It hurts me inside to hear of your problems.

B, I was so crazy about you I even wrote a goddamn poem! How sad is that. All those nights we would text. Us both wondering what it would be like if we were beside each other. Three years you have remained in a part of my mind. Even when other men came and went.

So when we started texting again I couldn't help but get excited. You are only interested in having sex with me and nothing more. You say that's how it is for you right now. You say you aren't looking for anything serious. I am just so disappointed. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I still think of that week in Canada.

It's scary how so much has changed. The wedding couple? Divorced now. The groom is engaged again. God how you'd laugh at that, heartily and irreverently as ever. C and K are no more, live on opposite sides of the world now. I'm no longer a newsroom hack. You'd laugh at that too and call me a sell-out. God I miss your laugh.

It's strange how grief morphs into a sort of background sorrow over time. As life moves on without you. The sudden guilt at a smile or a laugh that you're not here to share. A facebook memory, a birthday you're not here to celebrate. Your conspicuous absence when we all get together. The stabbing realization of your loss in an everyday situation; silent tears on the tube, sadness when I see something silly that you would have enjoyed. Bursting to tell you something random or ridiculous that you will never know.

"Life goes on", that's the hardest of all. It was meant as a consolation at the time; the reality is that we all live and grow and move on and up and forward and you're not here when you should be. The memories I have of you seem less pronounced. Your mannerisms, the way you used to pause at the end of every sentence, the way your eyes twinkled when you laughed, the patronizing pat on the head because you knew how much I loved that. You. I don't see you as vividly, as sharply. I'm scared of losing those memories. Like I lost you.

Oh my old friend. I miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Don't know whether I am just angry or completely fed-up. Why is it that someone like me, who has worked non-stop, full-time for so many years is put through all of this? Crazy system, it really is. How many different ways can you lot pose the same questions? Did you not upset me enough last time around??
    Give me strength :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Just let me move on and live my life the way that I want to. Please?

• Advertisement

Dear you,

I know there’s someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear L

So four years on and you start contacting me out of the blue, have you broken up with her or something?

The whole thing was messed up.
    You never wanted a relationship with me, you told me that time and time again.

I wasn’t ready either and you told me you didn’t care if I was with other people, that it didn’t bother you in the slightest, that really summed up the whole ‘relationship’ .

You didn’t care enough to commit to me, I was extremely wrong to go out and be with people you knew, I was young and deeply insecure, however I know that is a poor excuse.

I guess I was craving attention and in a horrible way I wanted to hurt you for the way you were so casual about me, cancelling on me, not responding to texts etc, . . I used to think it was all because of your headaches and health issues, when really it was your way out of a casual fling that was getting out of hand.

When we finally ended, you met somebody and boom for the first time in your life you have a serious relationship for four years, I don’t even know if you are still with her. That hurt like hell when I realized how serious your relationship was and it also hurt when she shouted at me for just simply saying hello.

I felt like a cheap disgusting girl who is unworthy of love, that feeling has stuck with me for too long.

You contacting me is bringing back all the horrible feelings and I’m afraid I will slip into this pattern again.

please leave me alone.

Mam, I hate to say this but you are a disgrace! You cant say what you have said and throw tantrums and then expect people to go on as if nothing has happened. You can't control me or my family and its only because you are my mam that I keep in touch. Everytime I have anything to do with you I end up stressed or annoyed. You destroyed our family, none of us are speaking to each other. You won't destroy my little family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

I know how that feels blue :( (sorry, forgot we arent allowed to chat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

To everyone I know

What's wrong with me? Its that I'm so fuking lonely. I feel like I'm going true one of the worst experiences a human being could experience.

I feel isolated, disconnected, alone, not good enough for others. Its scary. So fuking scary I don't have my own unit I can go to when I go home, when I'm off work, when I feel like going out or just going fie a road trip.

I'm not bad, not that bad. I dunno what's wrong. I'm just scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

After all this time, why do I still think about you? Almost three and a half years on I still dream about you.

Dear universe,

Please let someone new come along soon.

Paws x

You keep telling me that I'm hurting you, no matter what I do it hurts you. I live my feckin life and it hurts you. When I spend time with you I end up feeling like ****. All I want is a bit of peace and be able to make decisions without you throwing some sort of tantrum. You say that you want to thrash things out but you never remember all the things you have done, so whats the point? Nothing is good enough, you just keep pushing for more. I don't have to include you in everything we do. I'm just sick of you always playing the victim and making a drama over everything.

You were screaming that I wanted nothing to do with you, I do want you in my life but one day it will all become too much for me and I'll have to let go...and it is too much for me, but I just keep holding on hoping things will get better. Its my little family and I deserve to be happy with them.

I just can't let you keep making me feel like this:(

So there we have it.

Your recent horribleness towards me has lifted the veil over my eyes and released me from the strange hold I allowed you to have.

On Wednesday I was so thrilled to see you. But even then there was something working away in the back of my mind. I felt the one sidedness of the friendship that day.

It will never be different from how it is now. We will never have what we had then. I need to stop living in those memories. They are gone.
    I just don't know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

so I get home decide to get a take away and then realize I can't find my purse
    f*************************k
    why today
    dear boss
    I'm home in not answering you I don't mind helping out but your taking advantage and you know I won't say no, so please bog off

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

so I get home decide to get a take away and then realize I can't find my purse f*************************k why today dear boss I'm home in not answering you I don't mind helping out but your taking advantage and you know I won't say no, so please bog off

found my purse in my hat oops

• Advertisement

Dear Y,

I know that you and her broke up. I have known for a while that things were not great between you. We both know she was using you. I watched how you put your plans on hold for her. I hope you did the right thing then considering how things are now.

We will meet up soon. I have some good news to tell you. I know you will be suprised to hear this. I have decide to give you a final chance to change things between us. Unless you do this I am not wasting any more time with you. I won't be there for you to have fun with until you go back to an ex-girlfriend or find a new girlfriend. I have learned from the past that this is not good for me.

The truth is that things have changed for both of us over the past few years. I know that if we become a couple you will want me to move to x. I will do this within a few months as I have a few lose ends to sort out here. I also want to give us both a chance to see how we deal with a few issues we will face as a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Wondering if you miss me, or if you have ever loved me.
    I still feel anger inside that is paralyzing me to do anything, wish I can just forgive and move on. It would be a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

To 2:
    So you had to just "drop by". Just like before. Even the last time we met I told you I still love you, although we both know we will never be together again.
    Such a shame. Such a waste of time for all these years we live and will live separated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I want hugs and kisses and love. I want to be able to believe I deserve these. I want to have energy to feel well, to able to live life instead of yearning to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Sometimes it's hard to remember the old you. The real you. The genius who could fix anything with a MacGyver-like set of tools, the mischief-lover who devised so many ways of winding his wife up, the photographer in the corner shooting horrendously embarrassing videos of childhood singsongs or holidays, the man who once convinced every single political candidate in the area that he was voting for them, just for the laugh. My grandfather, the only pensioner I knew who not only learned to text but also became fluent in txtspk, sending me a string of "HOW R U WUU2 4 D WKEND"s every few days. My grandfather who came to my school debates to watch me compete, who picked me up for lunch without fail every day for 6 years, who sang me French songs when I was sick & snuck an extra €2 into my hand whenever my grandmother gave me money, "just in case".

I miss that you. I wonder what he'd think of me now. Of my weird career choices and travels. Of the person I've become. I can't pinpoint the moment that Alzheimers stole you away from us. Sometimes I still catch a glimpse of your mischief or your silly sense of humour & it reminds me of him. But I'll always miss the old you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

After so long, getting your text Friday threw me. I hate that you still have this effect on me. I don't want this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Thank you x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I told you about a great opportunity and all you talked about was how inconvenient it would be for you. I was short listed out if thousands of artists all over the world. Why can't we celebrate my work for a change? Why is it always so difficult for you to be happy when I succeed? Why can't you let me have a few minutes of excitement before you tear it down with the"reality of the situation". The reality is your the only thing stopping me accepting that offer. An offer that came about because I've spent nearly a decade working every single ****ing day. An offer the will never come around again.

Your irreplacable but so is the experience this offer gives me. I can't believe your making me choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear self,

Well done on telling your family about your depression, major step right there! :) It's an unreal feeling to talk about it openly, I'm sorry that I kept it to myself for so long!

Ok, you've had a blip, that happens, but you're slowly getting back to normal so well done, not going down without a fight!

Dear family,

Thank you for your continued support x

Dear college,

Thanks for your support over the last while, I'm so glad I also told you about the depression and that I was getting bored in the course - probably would have dropped out if I hadn't told ya. I'm quite liking the new timetable changes :D

Dear Ex 2,

I'm sorry that we didn't work out - we were two different people with what we wanted out of the relationship, so it would never have worked. I do hope you're doing ok though

Dear M

Thank you for inviting me to do my autism presentation in front of UCC students, what an opportunity!:D I can't wait for it although I'm nervous as well :o

From ATC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Dear universe

Give me a ****ing break.

I am one step closer to giving up and becoming a cat or some ****. :mad:

Advertisement