Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Dear ________________

I have gone past the stage of looking for the answers to my questions, you destroyed more than ones persons life,you ripped the hearts out of plenty. You betrayed so many people but morely important you inflicted pain and suffering. Always remeber I neither forgive nor forget.

We shall meet again

Dear H

Why didn't you listen to me that night, why didnt you just stay. You shouldnt be in heaven now. I wish you were here, nobody else will wear an Everton jersey with me :P

I'll always love, always miss you.

Dear ________________
    Thank you for coming into my life, Thank you for helping me in the most difficult time in my life,you stood by me/ infront of me when I couldnt. There is no amount of praise or thank you's I could say that will amount to how I apprecitate you help fighting my battle with me.
    You have stepped up and given my son the male role model he deserves. You have given him the one thing that has always been missing, the father figure that he can love and turn to.
    You are a wonderful person whom I love more and more everyday, from your goofy texts to you sly dark humour.
    My heart is always yours and more importantly to us, I trust you to mind it
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Z,

You've come out of nowhere and I'm falling for you at an alarming rate. I never thought I'd be living in the Middle East. I never thought I'd meet someone like you, so intelligent, so spiritual, so god damn interesting. I <3 our 4am talks by the corniche.

I only wish I knew where things were going. I know things aren't going anywhere simple. I want to be with you and I'm scared about how far I think I'm willing to go to do that.

HLG,

I still think about you every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Dear W,

I never thought Id say this but I dont think this is working. We used to have so much fun and spend all our time laughing.When I think about what we had, it makes me so happy, but thinking about now makes me frustrated and sad and so impatient. I don't want to be the person Iv become around you. And I dont think you do either. But we couldnt stay the same forever. Life goes on, one of us had to grow up.

GT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Dear my husbands ex

You are an absolute bitch. Stop with holding the poor kid she`s not a weapon. I hope you....ok I`m not going to wish you bad things she loves you, your her mam, but I hope you get fatt(er) or something else non life threatening like you have to wait reaaaallllyyyy long every time you phone customer service! I love her and I`ve made such an effort for us to get along and because I love her I can`t even defend myself - I would never let anyone else treat me this way. I never did anything wrong you finished with him, moved on and then he met me, 10 years and your still at this ****.

I`ve come from a family situation like this and its the last one I wanted to be in the middle of. I`m really worried about when we have kids I didn`t want this for my children, its putting me of having them at all.

I`m a really nice person and I don`t deserve any of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear C,
    I can't stress how ridiculous this all is. Your wedding is in a few weeks' time, and you are choosing to fall out with me instead of focusing on your wedding day.
    I may be your bridesmaid, but I am also an adult. You cannot dictate whom I can be friends with, & I cannot fall out with someone on the back of your fallout with them, a whole ten years ago. It's not healthy focusing on the past, your arch-enemy has moved on- I cannot understand why you can't or won't.
    You're a beautiful girl, a loyal friend, with a heart of gold. But your skin is paper thin& I can't keep tiptoeing around you; it's too stressful.
    You're an only child, but remember, you're all grown up now- the world doesn't revolve around you. Let me lead my life, I'll let you lead yours, and if we could meet somewhere in between, fantastic. But if not, just cut me loose, instead of this moody silence. This need to be sorted, I can't sort it alone.
    Love,
    M

• Advertisement

Dear "The One"

Are you out there? Because i can't find you.
    I've tried so very hard, i keep searching but it only leads to dead ends and disappointment. I'm getting so tired, I don't know if i can keep searching. I feel like i've been screaming your name for years now, hoping one day you'll you'll hear me, but you never do. Are you looking for me too? Please keep searching, i'm here waiting for you, i always will be.

Do you fall asleep at night wondering what it would be like to kiss me, hold me, hear those words, to fall asleep in my arms? because I do. Have you ever wondered if maybe one day we could even start a little family of our own? We could be so happy...

Do you really exist? because i've never wished for anything or anyone as much as i do you.
    I've never met you, but god i miss you so much. Please keep searching. I'm here.

To anyone,

I want you to hold me so much right now. I don't know why I feel like this. I just want someone to show me they care. I know you care but I just want you to show me. My friends don't text at all. One text is all it would take. Just to know that someone is thinking about me, even for a second would be great. The last text I got from one of my friends was about three weeks ago. It makes me feel like I don't matter. I'm so alone I feel like I can't breathe. I'm invisible. Sometimes I feel like it wouldn't really matter to anyone if I wasn't here and it scares me so much that I think like that. Please, someone show me that you care.

xxxx

Mostly I hold it together, mostly I don't care, and most of the time I can forget how much I loved you.

But sometimes, sometimes I fall apart.

Tonight is one of those times. I need a hug, I need a hug so bad it hurts. Not from you - you're not that person anymore, but god I just need...I just need someone to hold me and tell me everythings ok.

I'll always wonder, if what could have been, would have ever made us happy; if somehow we'd have sorted out the mess we got tangled up in; if somehow we'd managed to set ourselves free without driving ourselves apart.

Life goes on, this moment will pass, and you'll fall back into the depths of my mind...underneath the memories I've built on top of us; the life I've built to recover from the one we led.

But for now, I miss you. For this moment, I'll allow myself to miss you. And then I'll go back to being me...and I'll be happy again.

With love.
    M

Dear ____

There's a million things i want to say to you. It feels like only yesterday we said goodbye.
    I wanted to congratulate you today and throw my arms around you and give you a huge hug, to look into your eyes and kiss you.
    But I can't.
    I have no idea how you feel about me. I don't know if you look back at that day the same way I do, with sadness and a mind full of what if's. What if I'd met you sooner? What if we'd had more time? I don't even know if I cross your mind anymore.
    But I think you're great, I really liked you, and I still do. I have this tiny hope in my heart that one day you'll contact me again, that we can pick up where we left off. It's a silly idea I know but I can't make it go away.

From Me.

Letting other people read your emails is careless; letting your boyfriend read them when you're cheating on him is suicidal. He knows. Or at least he thinks he knows. Put him out of his misery or put me out of mine.

J

• Advertisement

I don't think I can take this anymore. You know I love you. I don't think I can handle you not loving me back. I think I should have ended things years ago (you know when) but you are the best person I've ever met and my best friend and I kept thinking maybe. Maybe you were just afraid to say it, that's what I thought. I thought you really loved me but were afraid to say it. What a ******* fool I've been.

Dear friend

Why do you always have to play the victim? I know you've had a lot of problems in your life and i'm sorry, but you can't keep using them as reasons to justify your own faults and mistakes. I've had problems too, i've made mistakes too but i choose to deal with them, try to learn from them and move on - why do you choose to wallow in them? Why do you always blame other people for your own choices? I'm sick of hearing about your relationship problems, you know why they never work out? Because you're needy and selfish and you're jealous and you base all your relationships on looks and superficiality. You don't want a partner, you want someone to put you on a pedestal and give into your every whim, that's not what a relationship is!. I know i'm a long way from perfect, i know i have my faults too, but at least i'm aware of them. Why do you always have to twist innocent comments and jokes into something they aren't and make them about you? Why do you always deal with your frustrations by picking fights over nothing? I don't understand why even when know you're making a bad decision and everyone is telling you it's a bad decision you'll make it anyway out of pure spite. You're not getting back at these people, the only person you're hurting is yourself. Why do you have so much anger and resentment inside you? Everything that's happened to you lately...i'm sorry but it's entirely your own fault.

I love you, and you're my best friend in the world and i know you've always been there for me when i needed you. I'd never dream of saying this to you in real life but sometimes i think if you could see how other people see you, you'd understand why things go so wrong for you. Please stop deliberately sabotaging yourself and blaming everyone else, it's not fair.

You're my friend and i love you, i hate myself for thinking his way about you sometimes.
    But sometimes I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

to k,

for threatening me with suicide in an attempt to manipulate me into taking you back, I want to say this to you:

-you are a despicable human being, to do that is the lowest of the low
    -you must have forgotten that you had previously told me you did that in your last relationship also, its clearly your modus operandi
    -that, more than all of the other crap you did, turned me against you
    -you were never suicidal, i know that.

-i have every sympathy for those who are genuinely suicidal, i wouldnt be in the job i'm in if i didnt. for peope like you, i have contempt. you should be ashamed of yourself, but i doubt you'll ever attain that level of insight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Dear Mum,

You drive me absolutely bonkers. But I love you so much. I know our relationship has been volatile and will most likely always be, but my life is richer because you are here, driving me mad, making me dream of bodies under patios but making me laugh because you are unique, most certainly mad but always unique.

I think we're finally at a good place you and I, and it feels great.

All my love, you mad cow.

X.

Dear G, my one and only..

I love you and I think I always will love you.
    After everything, if I have not fallen out of love with you by now I never will.

I wish you could see how perfect we could be, I'm hoping someday that you will and we can be so happy together.

As my granny said, if something is for you it will not pass you..
    I firmly believe that and I believe that we will be together again, when you're ready.

All my love,

R

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Why don't you want to meet my friends?
    And why won't you introduce me to yours?
    Why can't you be consistent?
    Have you a problem with me?

P,

I give up.

You've put some sort of force field around your true feelings - maybe they weren't true feelings after all. I loved you, and I still do - but I can't do this anymore. I've tried and tried. For every one thing that brings us closer together a hundred seem to drive us further apart. I haven't had a proper night's sleep in quite some time; maybe by switching off that part of me that constantly thinks of you I'll get some peace of mind.

I hope the future treats you better than I could have - and that's saying something.

dear you,

you have broken me, please now leave me alone to try and pick up the pieces. i dont want to hear from you or about you anymore.

I knew I was hurting you. But I couldn't stop, I just wasn't strong enough to walk away. I'm so sorry.

I had to have a final goodbye so I waited where you waited in the past. Like me, you didn't show up. Like then, it's best this way.

I blew you a kiss tonight. I wonder if you knew.

I'll be okay. I'll make myself okay so I never hurt you again.

Dear S,

I miss you, I miss you so much and I just wish you would come home, I know I'll be going to visit you in two months but its not soon enough, you've already been gone two and a half months and its been unbearable, no amount of IM, facebook, texts, phonecalls or skyping can make up for the fact that I cant touch you and see you in person, my biggest wish every night is to curl up with you and go to sleep with you by my side.

I'm already worrying about having to leave you after my visit (yes this is the reason that I cant sleep but you dont know that) how am I going to get on that plane and leave you again for I dont know how long, you say you will be back in January but will you? You couldnt get a job here for two years, nothing will have changed by January, its still not likely that you'l find work here, this countrys gone to hell.

I know you want me to come and live with you there but I have such a good job, I've been lucky and if I leave and go over there we'l be there what maybe one or two years (because come on be realistic it's not likely either of us will get sponsered) and then home to nothing, I wont get a job like this again and you might not get a job at all, it's such a big risk and I just dont know what to do, I'm sick and cant sleep because of this, it's all going round and round in my head all the time and I just dont know what to do and nobody can decide except me.

Maybe i'll show this to you, its made me feel better even to write it.

• Advertisement

Dear you

We've been together a long time and I love you so much. You're my best friend and your family is my family, what's mine is yours and we want for nothing. You tell me every day how lucky you feel to have met me and how your life would be incomplete without me.

Why then, are you dragging your heels about taking that next step? You keep saying 'in a few years'. Well my love, it's been seven and I really don't know how much longer you expect me to wait. Other friends are walking down the aisle after less time together and, happy as I am for them, it physically hurts... My grandmother is in failing health, and it would mean everything in the world to me if you proposed before she dies. I don't think you will though.

The last thing I want is to be one of those women who waits around for ten years for her man to make up his mind, and I promise I won't still be here in this same position next year. Make up your mind soon, I won't wait around forever.

Still just your girlfriend

Dear You,

It is 7 years this weekend since we last spoke. we did not finish on great terms and we needed a break from each other. the weeks, months went into years. i have done everything to forget about you and heal myself. you are still in my heart. i am in a good place now. i have sent you a text message and a couple of emails to get back in touch, you have not replied. that does hurt so much still as i dont deserve to be ignored. I treated you well and shown you a lot of respect. i get many signs still to do with you. I now know we are in same city and have heard where you work and live etc. thank god i have not used this information to turn into a stalker or turn up unannouned so we could talk. I never would trap anyone into talking to me. always show my number if ringing you to give freewill to answer. Where am i now regards you? I still love you and only lieing to myself if deny feelings. I have more respect for myself now and will be interesting when our paths do cross again as city is not that big and i am no longer hiding for you and avoiding areas, events you might be at. i have tried contacting you to take out awarkness of running into each other. i have made an effort and we both know this. you should always make some gesture when someone holds out a olive branch. i also sent you a message on facebook and looks like you have blocked me, which i found extremely immature as it was just a message and not asking to be friends. maybe i have matured more than you now but i have no bad feeling towards you and have learned forgivness. i remember you did a course of how to interact with people- if ignorning people is what you learned you should get a refund for the course. i do get annoyed with myself for still loving you but i hope when you see me again you see that i was the best connection you ever had or will have and i would never hurt you in any way. just to conclude since the last night we separted 7 years ago i have not had a single alachol drink- bit of irony in that! as i conclude adele 21- someone like you song has just come on radio.

Dear Friend,
    You are finding things hard at the moment with your mothers Dementia. She ask's when is your father coming home from work but he died over 10 years ago. She is not sleeping at night and as a result your not either. She ask's the same question several times each day. She is looking for a fight with you all the time. Your mother shows no interest in what is happing in your life. You have being coping with this over 2 years. You are doing the best you can. I am here for you at any time just like you helped me in the past.

Dear Friend Relations
    I would like to meet you and tell you a few home truths that you need to hear. When //told you about his mother you said she fine. You now know the truth and you can see // mother decline. Instead of helping // you have done nothing but meddle in what // has be doing to make mothers life better. Your objecting to home improvements being made, asking about treatment for // mother and then complaining about the local services helping // out.
    Can I ask what you are doing to help // - nothing. You have had her for few nights over the past two years when // has had her the rest of the time. Why don't you offer to mind her during the day when he has to go out so you can see what // has to deal with.
    Why don't you stay over some nights so // can go on holiday and have a brake.
    // plans to have a holiday and you will be minding // mother then. I would like you to see what // has being dealing with on daily and nightly basis so going forward you can help // and not complain when you have no idea of what you are talking about.

You shouldn't be allowed to be parents. We hate you. You can try to break us, just keep trying, and you'll see how much stronger we get. I'm getting them out of there, and then you'll be on your own, then you'll have to deal with each other - and that's the worst fate I could wish upon you.

I'll never love you. I never have. But I hate you with all of my being, and I always will.

Go to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

To random girl with pink hair,

Wowzaaa. Just letting you know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Dear Sister,

Please don't leave. I can't ask you not to leave but please don't.
    There's a certain thing between us that's different than best friends. I know a lot about you that your best friends don't and vice versa. It's stronger than best friends and it's forever.
    Just knowing I could go to you when I needed to alleviated the need to.
    You raised me and made me the person I am today.
    I hate not knowing when I'll ever see you again.
    I hate thinking about awful things that could happen with us being so far apart.
    I'll miss having you in the house regardless of how much we can wreck eachothers heads.
    I don't know who to go to anymore. I feel like I should distance myself from you to try and make it easier to let you go.
    Nobody else will ever understand what it's like to live in that house. I don't know if I'll get through the next two years there without knowing you're closeby and that I could get away for a day or 2.
    Just knowing that I could made everything so much easier.
    You are just one of the coolest, most fun and nicest people I have ever met and I am so incredibly lucky to have been born your sister.
    You always took care of me, I thought I was independent but it's only now that I realise how much I need you.
    I hope you find what you're looking for and I hope I see you again soon.
    I love you so so much.

P.S-Don't bring your brown jacket, you won't need it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

HLG,

I haven't seen you in nearly 6 months but you still make my heart skip a beat everytime I'm talking to you. Suddenly though, I feel different. I want you to be happy, even if that's not with me. I've never met a guy like you, a guy that I can talk to so freely and so openly. I hope we keep in touch, you've turned into a really great friend if anything ( a very hot friend ;) ). You're always there with words of encouragement and support, and I always try to do the same for you. I wish you the best wherever you end up. Whoever ends up with you is a VERY lucky girl. I'm glad we had what we had, whatever it was.

:)

Z,

This is intense. 2 months in and I find myself SO in love with you. You came out of nowhere, when I really wasn't looking for anyone or anything, and filled a void I wasn't acutely aware of. You are the SWEETEST guy I have ever been with. Nobody has ever looked into my eyes and called me beautiful like that. Nobody has ever even held my hand so tight like that.
    You make me think so much my head aches. My heart aches thinking of leaving you. I'm not sure where this is going, but I know where I want it to go, and I want to go there with you. x

You're the most amazing person I've ever known.

I didn't deserve you.

I still look for the wee blue light every morning, even though I know it won't be there.

Miss you.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I don`t deserve you, I really don`t, I`m not good enough. You`re amazing and I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. You deserve someone better.

Sometimes I think an angel was listening and sent you to me, no one can be that lucky. I had given up on trusting anyone, you think I don`t trust you but I do - I trust you with my heart, all of it.

I`m so scared sometimes that God will take you away, it makes me want to leave and run away from you, thats simpler for me. I`m terrified of losing someone I love again, I couldn`t cope.

xxx

I still miss you Granda and P. I still think about you everyday.

To D, K and T

I wish you knew how horrible and difficult all of this is for me. You haven`t even tried to see my side or maybe you just don`t care, maybe I was just an inconvience, a blemish on your perfect lives. To screwed up not good enough, an unfortunite mistake - literally.

Is it hard for you to forget I exist, do you wish I didn`t? do you ever even think about me? if you do is it badly?:confused:

Why does life not have simple equations and tidy clearly defined lines.

I can`t even wish you bad things - I hope you`re happy and healthy and everything is going ok.

I`m just sad about this situation, its not fair.

• Advertisement

Dear ME

You put yourself under far too much pressure to try and please other people because you hate the thought of disappointing them. You base all your decisions on how they will effect others. You never really put yourself first. You always second guess yourself. You punish yourself far too much over things that aren't your fault. You have no belief in your own abilities.

You're kind, honest, caring, loyal. You are a good person.
    You try your best and that's all anybody can ask of you.
    You have as much right to happiness as anybody else. You deserve to be loved.
    Sometimes you'll allow yourself to pretend that you believe all of this is true, but you know deep down that you really don't.

I wish for one day you could stop putting yourself down and believe in yourself. For one day just have a bit of confidence. For one day stop thinking about other people and just do whatever it is that you want to do, do what makes you happy for a change. Follow your dreams and live in the moment, like you promised yourself you would that day, that day that changed everything. You never break promises you make to anyone else, so why do you break the ones you make to yourself?

I deserve more than this, so why can't I believe it?

From ME.

Advertisement