Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

so the end of my first draft is roughly 23 thousand words away, here's to the final push :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Watch yourself, your nice guy mask is slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I hope we come close. Something in me feels it so right and good.
    Time will tell : )..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Did I make the right choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

At the time, how you treated me made me feel like crap, but now, in hindsight, it was the best thing that could have happened. I met someone who makes me happy, so much more than you ever could. So in a roundabout way, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

can't believe it's been so long but I'm so glad you dropped in, I've missed you my friend. I hope now we can meet up more life is so unpredictable in a good way with you around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

I wish someone would hand me a script. Give me some pointers. Yell some directions at me and take the weight of all of this off my shoulders.

Maybe I've become used to being the actor and not the director in my own life. That's probably something I need to work on. Maybe that's what this is all about. But maybe I'm going to totally disregard the bigger picture and learn nothing from this.

Maybe I'm going to take you back. Because I love you. And I know you love me, maybe too much. And it's not enough, because I need you to be someone else. I need you to change. I need you to want more. And I can't be that person that makes you feel inadequate and insecure anymore. But it hurts too much, it hurts so damn much.

I've had this bloody toothache all day. And the rain hasn't stopped. And I see you everywhere. In my takeaway coffee, the one that makes me a "hipster media type". Walking up the stairs without you pinching my ass playfully. In my empty, sad bed. On the news, that we would've talked about and ranted about for hours. On my suddenly silent phone.

God, tell me what to do. What do I do? I knew this would hurt. I'm not used to the rawness. I've self-medicated away from it for most of my life. The child in me is stomping her feet and kicking and screaming and impulsively trying to call and text you. But I'm too old and bold for that now. I'm too long in the tooth to submit to her.

Sorry for the tidal wave of pain and uncertainty I've launched. I need you to reflect on all of this. I need you to realise why I've done it. Can you do that? I'm not sure if you can. And I'm not sure I can wait. Because the things I fell in love with are now tearing us apart. And my god, my heart. My heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Please stop stalking my posts here and posting not-so-subtle things on Twitter in the hope that they'll upset me.

Please stop stalking my posts here and posting not-so-subtle things on Twitter in the hope that they'll upset me.

sorry to have to quote but really nothing worse than stalkers.. they right suck the life out of ya.. unfortunately encountered twice myself... some still ongoing...
    wish if I could know the way to get rid of them..... and ignoring does not work as i tried that already... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Dear boyf,

I am so proud of you. Opening up is a huge fear of yours, but you did it. For me. It is far more effective at solving our problems, rather than you just getting angry and giving out for no real reason. I miss you like crazy, and I'm sorry I made you feel the way I did. We're so young, and yet, I'm so certain about my feelings for you. I'm absolutely head over heels. Thank you for being amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I often wonder if you regret your decision but I will never ask you as I don't think I could handle the answer - 'no' would hurt but 'yes' would hurt even more. Regardless, I feel like I am doing well and moving on. I wonder how its going for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

pew wrote: »
    Considering I made my feelings clear, that I was willing to date you and you said you aren't relationship material right now, excuse me if I hurt hearing about you dating another girl and having problems being nervous.

Thanks again.

I really appreciate the fact you don't understand why I am so angry and hurt.

And I really love the fact you can't see how fcuked the up this is.

Thanks for making me feel soooo great.

Oh and the best part is I blame myself, I blame myself entirely. Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Okaaay....
    I have just heard you mumbling on your phone to someone at 2am from the other room and you deny it?
    You must think I'm a real idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

I CAN'T SLEEP ARGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Please, please just understand that I don't love you now, not like I used to. I'll always care, but there won't be an 'us' again. My love isn't hiding, it won't reappear. I'm not afraid of giving you a second chance. I just don't feel what you so desperately want me to feel. I'm sorry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Would you ever stop being such a prick, I'd expect more maturity from a 12 year old! We're all adults now, are you seriously trying to make people take sides?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

F,

Well, goodness, this day took a turn for the worse alright.

Not content with breaking my heart countless times over the last four years, using me when it suited you, then throwing me out like yesterday's trash, you've stooped to a new low: I can only imagine what you told your daughter to have her give me a look halfway between curious and damning; she's only eight years old, for Christ's sake.

Do you know what, F? I should've listened to your sister when she said that you aren't ready to have a relationship with anything except alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Dear today - whatever... go away, just go away. Let me go home and sleep until I am numb again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

So ya, you've just gone so cold for some time now, u haven't the balls to "break" it off with me, or maybe u just like to use girls?? Surely not I keep telling myself, thought an awful lot of u. I really thought we had some kind of connection and u were different. No, I was fooled again. Id say you've opened up about your past and fears to most girls, not just me.
    Thanks for just pushing me off your radar like that, nah didn't hurt at all, I took no notice what so ever. Fuk u I was really falling for u. Ur just another disappointment I can add to the list, another one that got my hopes up, said all the right things.... Another well deserving Oscar winner.

Why? Just why....

Men. I say it every time one ye waste my time and fuk around with my head. Stay the fuk away from me, ya?

SAC, ur starting to sound crazy, calm down....let's just stick to loving my doggies ....no men needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

E -

I actually think I hate you.

I hate you constantly patronizing me. Yes I'm not as experienced in the ways of the world as you but that's to be expected when you're shagging a girl 30 years younger than you.

It's not the age thing. You're actually just a prat, and not a very nice person.

I'd break up with you only I'd miss someone to talk to. Not that it makes a difference these days. Your one word replies are getting tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I really thought by now I'd over this. It's gone on so long it feels like it might never end. Yes, the rawness is gone away, but I still think about you every single day, I still long for you. Sometimes I wish I would run into you but when I go places you might be I'm a wreck. I wish we could be friends again cos I miss you, but maybe that ship has sailed and never could be again.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear You

Please stop letting men define your self esteem. You don't need a man to tell you are pretty or that you are worthy of love.

Why cant you just love yourself? the pain you feel will decrease,it wont go away fully we know that.

This black cloud has followed you around for most of your life but try not let it define you. You are capable of moments of happiness.

Learn to live with it, this horrible feeling will pass, there's always tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

I'm saying a prayer for the desperate hearts tonight ❤️

and then you just disappear and you're nowhere to be found...
    should I be going looking for you every time? I know where you are btw...
    would you come for me when you get bored with what occupies you so much that you forget it all...
    should I just let it all go once and for all...
    perhaps I should......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Dear M,

Thanks a million for writing my foreword for the book, it's awesome:D nearly cried reading it :o I promise I'll finish the darn thing in the next few months!

with regards,

ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

I was happy and content being single. I was at my ideal weight, was focused on my PhD and was on the road to achieving great things. Then I stupidly went on a date with you and fell for you. You were attentive, fun, good looking, ambitious and driven. I now know that it wasn't the real you I met that night. It was all an act to get me where you wanted me. I should have dropped you the moment I saw a change in you, but instead I gave you a chance, thinking you were busy at work and I would see the person I fell in love with again. Nope. That didn't happen. It was all about you wasn't it. You never listened to me, never paid attention. Claimed you loved me every 5 minutes but I never felt it. You went to the pub most nights after work, or out clubbing instead of hanging out with your girlfriend. The times we did see each other, it was in the pub and your parents would arrive and drink with us for the night. No quality time. And because I'm studying and I can't spend every night in the pub, we only saw each other once or twice a week which didn't seem to bother you.You were also awfully selfish in bed, abit of a 5minute romp and you rolled over and fell asleep. Lovely.

Yes you work alot of hours and have a stressful job, but that doesn't justify you talking about yourself all of the f#cking time and not listening to a word about me or my life. I actually loved the day your parents commented on your problem with listening to people. So it wasn't all in my head! You are also a liar. You would tell me things and then I would hear a completely different version of the story afew months later from you, or overhear you tell your friends an exaggerated version. It got to the point that everything you told me, I didn't believe.

I was happy in myself before I met you. Doing a PhD is a big deal to me. I did really badly in school. Scraped by my L.C and did ok in my degree. Then I got an opportunity to turn my life around academically, and here I am now. My self esteem and self belief is shattered after the last year with you. I know you're not a nasty person, but you are certainly egotistical and selfish, and that chipped away at my confidence over time.

Now here I am, 12 pounds overweight and filled with anger because I have 8 weeks to finish this PhD with zero confidence in myself, but also I feel relief that I got rid of you for good. My family didn't like you when your true personality started to shine through, neither did my friends. It is true you have to stand back and see the red flags sometimes.

You have probably already moved on, of course you have because you are extremely good looking and you jump from relationship to relationship! That makes me feel abit sad but I also pity the next girl you end up with.

I was happy in myself before I met you. Now I'm sitting here, looking at my thesis thinking how am I going to get through this. Everything I've worked for in the last 2.5 years feels like nothing. Where is my confidence in myself? One thing I know for sure though, I will get through this. I will finish this PhD even though I'm in the Valley of **** right now. Because there is no way I will let you win.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Do people feel better after venting themselves here? I see it has almost a million views so its obviously good in some form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

We broke each others hearts into absolute shreds.

I'm sorry. For everything. As a more junior Th (my brother) would say, "Sorry is NOT good enough!", accompanied by a hard stamp of the foot! He's maybe right. :o

My gut feeling is that we both have fabulous lives ahead of us, we're both going to be fine, and (by circumstance) we'll always be linked together in life ... and that's OK. I like having you in my life, I like you, I'll always like you. And I appreciate that distance is important, too, especially when I'm not doing well.

You are doing a fantastic job in raising our baby boy into being the most lovely courteous happy friendly quizzical thoughtful kind funny little boy in the world. (I'm not biased or anything!) Thank you for that. You're doing way better than a good job!

I don't know if you'll read this, I hope you will! I wish I could just send it to you but I'm afraid of ruining things. Because we're doing OK lately. I appreciate the photos! More than you could ever imagine.

As good guys go, I know you're the goodest. If our son grows up to be even half the wonderful man you are, I'll be the happiest mammy ever!

(Just hope he doesn't inherit your dancing skills though!)

to old j:
    I just now, after all these years see, how you were my road to bottom.
    How everything with you that brought me down took its toll slowly but surely over a prolonged period of time.
    How I wish if I could chose differently, see differently, and not allow myself to go so so so low, that it took my everything to just come up to this place where I am left with nothing, but am standing on my trembling feet, at least, again...
    Oh if I could turn back the time and tell me..
    Tell me.. so many things to help me .. to stay above some lines.. lines I never imagined I will be capable of crossing..
    On in how much better place I would be right now. How this fear and terrified-ness would be passing me by from far far away..
    One day - I say to myself now.. just survive a single day. Just one. This one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

M - I won't interfere again, believe me!

D - Why can't you just let me forget about it awhile? Let me have a decision in the matter, please!

B - I see I am back in your good graces again. Pardon me if I don't fall at your feet. Worshipping the ground you walk on is effectively over.

Advertisement