Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Dear boyf,

You asked me last night what it has to do with trust. It has everything to do with trust. Every time I go on a night out with the girls you feel sick. You say you're insecure, which I do think is true, but you're supposed to trust that I'm not going to run off with someone else. I would never. Whatever about other guys being richer, funnier, more athletic as you put it, you're the one I want. Not any of them. You. You also have issues dealing with emotions which I try my best to help you through. But mostly what you do is feel a negative emotion, panic and get angry, usually resulting in you taking it out on me. Which I shouldn't stand for, but I know you don't mean what you say when you're angry. But last night, I've never seen you the way you were last night. I guess you're entitled to some time to yourself to get your head straight, but I don't like that we left our conversation the way we did. I'm scared. What if you decide you like it better without me altogether? What if we can't go back to the way we were? Of course we can, this is our first proper fight, even if it wasn't really a fight, more you being angry at me for nothing. But at the same time, I'm still angry. About what, I'm not entirely sure, I just know that I'm not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Dear You

Please stop letting men define your self esteem. You don't need a man to tell you are pretty or that you are worthy of love.

Why cant you just love yourself? the pain you feel will decrease,it wont go away fully we know that.

This black cloud has followed you around for most of your life but try not let it define you. You are capable of moments of happiness.

Learn to live with it, this horrible feeling will pass, there's always tomorrow..
    DEAR SELF - LISTEN TO SUNSHINEBOO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

F:
    I'm glad you can see now. That I do try my best. Each day with me is different. On the good days I'm the "old me" a witty funny loving person who gives all her time and heart to see others happy and make them smile. And I love it.
    On the bad days. I live, that's all I can do. And it's tough, painful and frustrating but hey that's life. Folks have it much worse.

So thanks for the reassurance and love cause I forget, I actually do need it sometimes. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

L,
    Even though you made that comment a month ago, it was playing on my mind last night. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you or your family. Maybe your comment was off the cuff, the question the other person asked was a bit out of line IMO but I really wasn't expecting your response and it did hurt a bit. I didn't realise that it would affect anyone else, I didn't realise that you (or anyone else) would be actually thinking about it or have any "hope" as you called it. I'm sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Just f&ck this... F&ck all of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Please just ring me back!!!!

It's not you. Really. I just don't date. Can't stand the idea of it. Makes me cringe.

If you want to get to know me, become my friend ..........first. With me, there is no other way.

But that is not something I can explain to anyone. So, I am sorry, you will have to take "I don't date anyone" in whatever way you must. It's not meant to be negatively directed at you, personally. It really is just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

**** you. **** her and **** our 'relationship'.
    Thanks for leading me on for 5 years. Thanks for being there when depression hit me like a bus and thanks for using it to hid the fact you were cheating on me. You made me the most paranoid and anxious I have ever been in my life. I am still struggling while you're wining and dinging that other c**t.
    Thanks for not getting me pregnant.
    Thanks for making me socially anxious, thanks for taking the one thing that has been the most important thing in my life away from me. It reminds me of you and now I can't do it anymore. Thanks for making me less confident in myself. Thanks for setting me free to hopefully meet the man who will respect me for who I am, love me for who I am and want children with me because he actually wants to, not because he thinks it'll pacify me.
    Thanks for 6 months of therapy (and continuing), thanks for the doctors prescriptions of valium and sleeping tablets because I can't get the images of you and her out of my head when I try to sleep.

Your children don't have a father, you don't even like your daughter let alone love her. Your son is wasting his life and talents because he thinks being a drunk and 'having the craic' by living with you is a way to live life. Your mother is a saint who would do anything for you while you disrespect and use her because you know she'll always be there regardless.

You sir, have no morals and no loyalty... and the people around where you live, know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Sorry to read that Tunage, hope u get some peace of mind soon x

Sorry to read that Tunage, hope u get some peace of mind soon x

It is so unbelievably hard but thank you. It's great to have this place to some what anonymously let it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

To Tunage

So sorry to read all you've been out through. Wishing you and your kids peace, you are a strong lady X

To my would-be-forever-and-always

I wish I wish I wish things were different. You're such a lovely man and I'm crazy about you. I want to be in your life but I understand why things are like this. Please get better. You know if I can, I'll be there waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dear C, don't you dare tell a bare faced lie to my face! Don't you dare blame me! I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't damage the device According to your social media activity everything was fine this evening so how could I have done something to it last night?
    Very annoyed Sunny Dayz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

1 Year Later.

What a year it has been. To have dumped your ass last year was the best thing I have ever done in my life. I cannot believe the years of paranoia, anxiety, stress, heartbreak, etc etc etc I put up with while I was with you.

You preyed on my vulnerability, kindness and compassion and turned me into a weak, pathetic person. I can forgive you for that. Because I had some part in that. The strength I feel now - wow. I feel like I can take on anyone. I am still bitter inside over the years I wasted with you. Still bitter that the relationship I so badly wanted (you were just the wrong person) is gone. I cannot believe you still have the cheek to contact me and see if I want to meet up. What a laugh. I am glad you did contact me though, because I unleashed all my anger upon you and you were sorry then. That will teach you not to try and get near me again. A self absorbed, narcissistic Mammys boy - who is still attached her umbilical cord at 28 years of age. So unattractive and embarrassing.

The person I am now - I am loved, people in my job love me, my family adore me, friends are so attached to me. I found it sad to have people come up to me that I know and say how bad they thought you were for me. That I had become a shell of a human, I was not happy and they could see it. Do you have any idea how painful that is to hear still to this day? OF COURSE you don't. Because you are all about you.

The last message you sent me before I blocked you on literally everything - has honestly scared me. You are insinuating sexual assault because you think that is how to get me back? So even though I feel so strong, inside I am rattled because I am so afraid of running into you. Which I know is inevitable when you are back. I am scared for myself, because I don't even know who you are anymore, I don't know what you are capable of. I am scared to tell my family and friends what you said in that text which has kept me up some nights in the last week with fear.

But that's just you isn't it? Preying on vulnerability. Empty threats. You are a weak human being. There is literally nothing you can do now to reconcile things with me. I finally found the balls to block you for good so I feel happy now knowing you cant hurt me with words anymore.

What a relief.

DeltaWhite wrote: »
    1 Year Later.

The strength I feel now - wow. I feel like I can take on anyone.

I hope to feel this in a year... Well done you for getting your strength back and use it to not fear him. xxx

Ugh...you're just another player behind it all. Time to say goodbye quickly before I'm fixated and left broken again!

To Me - your doing so well - stop fretting! Can you not just let yourself be happy with yourself? You scooped your heartbroken self off the floor months ago and have done so much more than you could have with him. You're moving up to somewhere where you've a lot more life than you have right now and got full time hours in a job that's very hard to do so. You must be doing something right. Why are you letting yourself get anxious about it! You should be excited! You've also got your fitness back up and looking great - so people say. But still you're still not happy with it. When is this going to stop? Why are you being so hard on yourself? Just be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Aaargh!

Don't drop PA asides that 'nobody' cares. I'm the only one out of all of us who actually picked up the fcuking phone, talked at length with an expert, looked up guidelines and facts, spent ages on a lengthy email with links to all the information to you all outlining what I found out on your behalf. It took me hours, and you say I don't care. Get ta fcuk.

You just don't like it because it only confirmed what myself, X and Y have been saying for years. So off you go. You know it all. Pay someone else to tell you exactly what two experts, plus someone with the best mind I've ever known has concluded. Maybe then you'll concede that what we've known for ages is actually correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

dear family,

I will be sending you my manuscript when I finish off my first draft, I really hope you like it :):o

from ATC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

My mams gone! I actually cant believe it.
    Hospital fxck up.. She wasnt supposed to die! Dont know what im gonna do now- she was only 52! I'm heartbroken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Naid - I'm genuinely sorry for your loss, what a terrible shock it must be :(

E - I'm also sorry for your loss, you're only my age and you're without your dad now.

Mom and Dad - please stick around for a couple of more decades! I'd be absolutely lost without ye even though I've left the roost and (mostly) fend for myself now! love ye lots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I friggin love everything about you. You're awesome <3

• Advertisement

Dear Life,

Thanks for teaching me that I will never be that girl with a group of "friends" and there are sh***y people....but there are also some diamonds out there too.

To all my diamonds....love you so much girls and boys...

Love Starky Stark

To me,

Keep your diamond collecting up - you're doing good. There was and is nothing wrong with you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Even though we live in different countries now, and we're not part of each other's everyday lives, and we may not chat for a couple of months bar the odd text - when we do catch up properly it's like no time has passed and it's just like it was years ago when we lived in each other's pockets. You know me so well and know exactly how to cheer me up and snap me out of my bullsh1t. When we talked last night I laughed until my sides hurt and I'm still smiling this morning. I'm really excited to plan our next visit, it's been too long x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

.. totally know there were ups and downs that managed to erase some things between us, but I can't help it thinking on you.. i know you are so emerged in what keeps you occupied, i've seen it before... makes me sad a bit, but of course I am accepting that, what else..
    just wonder,..couldn't you be at least a friend... who cares..

i wish.. one day.. someone does..

I love the tone that's in your laugh, gasping for an extra breath, waiting for the time to pass
    I believe in days ahead.. Don't spend another night alone cross and wishing you were dead..

I've had it easy now you see, when I'm down your'e always there
    Standing by to comfort me
    Someday we'll go round the world, I'll make the journey so sublime
    I know you're not a travelln' girl

Cause I'd give everything I have, forget all the things that bring me joy
    If you could have one day of pure and simple happiness
    Until that moment comes - I'll be here where I've always been
    I'm gonna be your friend until the day I die <3
    Mary, you should'nt let 'em make you mad, you hold the best you can
    And Mary, after all the pain is gone I'm always gonna live to be your man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Dear Good Friend,

I'm sorry for letting you down so badly at such short notice. This wretched disease makes me so exhausted out of nowhere and I have to kowtow to it. It's shít. I am so sorry, again. :(

Love, Elliott xxx

Dear week, you are shaping up to be a real nail biter. Please just cool it!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Even if you don't want me in your life - I am thinking of you. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

You are one of my closest friends, and I hope that you always will be. Please don't shut me out now. We have been through so much, and have been there for one another.

Please ring back! Gahhhh. I just want to know where I'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Just my FUKKING luck!! What the hell am I going to do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Mod

Have deleted some posts. This is a thread for "things you want to say..." rather than for discussion.

Advertisement