Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

You're selfish.

If you paid any attention to me you would have remembered my appointment that was even written on the calendar for the last month, but it was more important for you to play the Xbox then go off with your brother.

I would like to say I've had enough and will adopt your attitude, but we both know I'm a God damn doormat and I will end up apologising to smooth things over and continue to wait on you and hear you say how awful your life is while I continue to enable your behaviour and attitude.

I'm far from perfect, but even I deserve a modicum of respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Really wish you would start to grow up a bit ad stand on your own two feet :( You still act like a teenager. I thought that once you got out of college and got a job that you would finally start to pull your socks up and act like a grown up. I can't believe you are still looking for your parents to pay for things for you. You only get in touch with them when you have to, when you need something. Isn't it well for you to go around with the latest iphone but then you don't phone home cos you have no credit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

L - why do I allow you to disappoint me, repeatedly? and ditto to what Ninjini said up there... One twenty second text was all that was needed to keep me from waiting around for hours on end, but I don't rank that high in your priority? Good to know. It's only my life we are talking about! I simply can't trust the things you say when your actions say differently.

:( sick of feeling this way over anyone

L - you are 7 hours late! and just now yer texting asking me to see you tonight? I am not at any fellas beck-and-call, anymore. Especially not an inconsiderate, unavailable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Pretending you care and claiming responsibilities when you don't even come to see her.. you piss me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's a cruel irony to how we ended and how we begun. Whether life is good or bad for you right now, I don't care. I think that says everything.

Makapakka wrote: »
    Pretending you care and claiming responsibilities when you don't even come to see her.. you piss me off

Omg you have got to be kidding me. You are equally ludicrous as you are annoying.

Cannae believe i wasted another day waiting on you. I dunno what your excuse is (cos you never give me one!) but you are not the only one with too much to do. Stop asking for and promising me time you simply cant ..or wont fulfill. I am too busy to waste what little time I have on such nonsense (and it really hurts my feelings when you just dont care enough to show or text, after I made special arrangements for you). The difference is, i want to see you, I make time for friends - you simply dont care. I am tired of believing your intentions when clearly your actions dont agree. Leave me be. Someday, perhaps i will be important enough to someone, to atleast be on their radar... I dont need to be first priority, just somewhere in the general vicinity of courtesy and consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

You had to f*cking say it didn't you.

F*ck sake, I'm just wasting my energy.

I was completely wrong, I think you are a bad thing for me as much as I hate to admit it.

you got one more chance to redeem yourself, but I am not holding my breath. i dont have time to waste waiting on a person who just doesnt show. i really dont get your motivation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Emmmmm, yeah so I really like you...

I didn't intend to...

I would like more than the frequent one night stand. Dare I say it...man up and bring me on that God damn date - you've promised to bring me on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Ah bloody hell. I miss you like crazy. When will these feelings feck off?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

You need to stop now!
    Everybody has problems of some sort and we are all tired of hearing about your troubles. Yes we have sympathy for you but you need to take a stand and sort the problem out and get over. Sympathy will only last for so long and as long as you're willing to take all this s*** it is hard to listen all the time about the same moans

Grow a pair and tell her to F*** right off!

D

You think you can do what you like and that no one gets affected but it does. You can't just decide to not come for two weeks n then expect me to adjust to your demands. I hate the effect you have on me :( grrrh

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

W- thank you doesn't seem big enough. You've been on the periphery of my circle for so long and for some reason I began to seek you out a lot.
    I've always been attracted to you but lately its been intense & i didn't understand it, but you did. You came when i called & you stayed while i hit the bottom. You knew it was a cry for help & its been coming a long time. You were right, yes I am attracted to you- but its your sobriety that's been drawing me, subconsciously. Thank you for helping me & holding my hand at that 1st meeting. I will be forever in your debt. Xx

After wanting to come early, you are hours late and still not here. Just can't say anything to you because you won't listen and you don't think you're doing anything wrong. Or you'll turn it against me. I wish you would just disappear sometimes.

Please stop bringing up the fact that I'm single. Telling me to "go out and get (my)self a man!" like I can just pick one off a tree is not helping. And implying that I might prefer a woman instead doesn't help either (and is incorrect anyway, but that's not the point).

Please just stop. I *know* that I'm missing out on what many of my peers have. I see happy and not-so-happy couples literally everywhere. I see the Facebook posts announcing relationships, engagements, marriages, babies. I see the photos of shared holidays, homes, nights out, etc and I know I don't have that. I know what it's like when I return after a weekend at home & no-one comes to the station to collect me. I know.

Yet telling me to go get a man doesn't magically make lots of eligible bachelors appear in front of me & it doesn't make me feel anything for the handful of single guys in my friend circles. It just makes everything awkward & reminds me how apart I am from everyone else my age. Yeah, I hope I meet the right guy too. But it's not like I'm swamped with offers or have many opportunities to meet people atm. And I just don't want to keep talking about it!

C - I get exhausted just thinking about the tremendous time and energy it takes to please you. I cringe at the thought of future involvement. But I thank you for every lesson I've learned and every good thing you graciously provided. It is just so tiring most days to keep up with the demands.

L - Thanks for allowing me to be me, regardless of how acceptable I am or not. You dont have to do all you are doing. You are a rare sort. Thank you doesnt begin to cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

J - you fairly changed your tune from last week. Obviously yourself and the rest were just sweetness and light to cover your own asses. Now the mask has slipped, you might no think it but what you said was harsh.

C - I would like to say thanks for your kind wishes but I got no messages from you. I'm not looking for a card or a gift, just a happy birthday text would have sufficed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

SunnyDayz: happy birthday.

Sullivlo: 4,000 posts. That's an awful lot of crap that you're talking :pac:

---

I have said before that I don't care. But in reality that couldn't be any further from the truth. It's not all-consuming, but it does blindside me on some idle Tuesdays. It's almost a battle of wills at this stage. Both wanting the upper hand, the moral victory. I'm willing to accept the blame for my part of things, and I have owned up to my mistakes. But you have to own up to yours before I have my hand forced. No matter how I rationalise things, you still acted incorrectly and I hope that the radio silence is as a result of the guilt you're feeling. Does it make me a bad person for hoping you feel guilty for your actions? Or does it just make me human to want it to have been your fault too? I'm not sure if anything will ever be said, but I do deserve some answers. I think I deserve an explanation, an apology even. But I'd settle for answers. I did mean everything I said though. No regrets. Despite how much the ending sucked, the journey made it almost worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear fabulous caring person. I feel privileged to be there today. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Dear cancer,

Please do not take hold of my dad :( It's bad enough that you've already taken my mother.
    Can't you just let him enjoy his last few years, he's already been through enough and I don't think he has the strength or will to fight you.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

to people who ignore others (for no reason whatsoever): what a bunch of as__oles you are, unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear lady crying in your car in the car park. I hope whatever it is you are going through that you talk to someone about it. Whatever it is please don't go through it alone.

I nearly knocked on your window but figured that you'd be mortified. I'm betting that you are more loved and cherished than you realise. Mind yourself. You matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Why did I even think there was a chance with you? Who is ever going to want me? I feel like I'll be alone for the rest of my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

So are you finally done now? It was so spiteful what you did but I had to sit back in admiration awaiting the next M&B installment. Kept me entertained as always. Me and my fuppin' eagle eye.

Agape is an interesting concept. I wouldn't quite go that far but Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

What a selfish selfish human being!!! Never fails to amaze me.
    I have enough going on without you kicking off aswel - sort yourself out and at least attempt to be a decent mother!!

What a joke!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Words can't say how thankful I am to the two ladies that let me join them. So embarrass by my crying today in coffee shop but you ladies didn't judge just treated me like a friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,944 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sometimes my own naivety amazes me , even at my age !

One day I'll learn my own worth , sooner rather than later :)

• Advertisement

I remember you as a baby. That big head of fluffy black hair, arms flying everywhere. The jokes about your future as an Olympic swimmer with those crazy moves.

I remember when your mum was pregnant with you. Standing across the road from your house with your sister, my best pal. My brain was too young to comprehend but I knew this was big, I knew she'd have another best pal soon. I knew you would be cherished.

And you were. You were that chubby little munchkin, and I was alarmed every time I saw you at how much you had grown. From that cute little kid to that awkward teenager, to that beautiful, breathtakingly gorgeous woman. You were a vision. Stylish and traffic stopping. A heartbreaker.

I'm sorry you had to go. My heart aches for all of this, for your pain and your family's unspeakable grief. For what this has done to the people I grew up with, whose tree-house I climbed in, whose backyard I cartwheeled across and whose bed I slept in.

Time raced ahead, we grew in different directions, life took hold and those friendships became memories; happy memories that strike to the fabric of who I am. Who I would grow up to be.

There are no words for any of this. I wish I could have been there in some way, although I know I couldn't. I wish you weren't so broken by life, I wish you could have seen a way out. I wish you could have seen yourself in other's eyes, in your family's eyes, in your friend's eyes, in the eyes of that now-stranger who used to live across the road.

I'm sorry and I hope you've found peace.

Advertisement