Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X

I'm still not over you. Is that normal? I think about you every day. I try find trails of you everywhere just to spark an old emotion. I've left most of "me" with you and I carry you in my heart and soul everywhere now. Sometimes I try send you telepathic thoughts to ring me or send me a message but deep down I know you don't want anything to do with me anymore. You've moved on while I stand still. I'm sorry for my behaviour towards you and I want you to know that wasn't the real me, it was my manifestation of all my insecurities under pressure all bubbling out at once. I don't really have an excuse for my outbursts and for that I'm truly sorry. No one "got me" like you did. We had an amazing connection and I miss it terrible. In a sea of people I always look for you, excited i might see you while equally terrified at the same time. I definitely still love you and I know now that won't change, ever. When all the dust settled all I could see were the good times and the hard lessons learnt, more often than not the hard way. I'm sorry again and I wish you all the happiness you deserve. I won't contact you as we've worn out our one-way path. Take care X. I love you still, still.

I wish you'd call me just so I can hear your voice again. I've not gone a day since without thinking of you. I miss you to my core.. still. Time will tell and is has told. I love you and any tiny doubt I ever had about my feelings is long diminished. I seen pictures of you and you look happy, a far cry from when you were with me. If you love a flower let it be. Bloom on without me I was never any good for you. I'm sure you have learned alot about yourself and have faced your demons head on after me and if I helped you in anyway I'm content with that. Only I can help myself and it's time I started living again instead of dwelling on the past. Keep on swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I guess this is what a truly broken heart feels like.

I would have never imagined you would have treat me so cruelly.

I told you that I love you and you accuse me of being manipulative and that I don't really love you.

Funny for someone that "doesn't really love you" I seem to be crying myself asleep most nights a week, because of you.

You wlll never know how hurt and worthless you made me feel.

I'll just fake smile and pretend everything is ok, while dying on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Please get help, you are clearly depressed but in denial.

I am not your counsellor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

A quick ten second text telling me you can't make it really doesn't seem like too much to ask.

But sure, you just keep making promises you won't follow thru with, and I will just keep NOT believing one word you say...If that's the kind of relationship you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

You keep trying to fob it off on me!!

I told you not to get it for us. I made it clear we had no room for it. You got it anyway and tried to give it to X who also has no room for said item. Except you listened to her when she told you it was not going in her house.

It's not getting dumped at MIL's either, ok? I've repeatedly told you I have no room for it the umpteen times you've texted me about it. It can stay at your house and get used there.

I swear if you land up to my house this week with the bloody thing I will take a hammer to it. And make you watch it get smashed to smithereens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know ye probably mean it as a compliment...
    But saying to me that I don't look old enough to be my son's mother does hurt, to me it feels akin to saying I'm not good enough to be his mother.

I am well aware that I look young for my age, I always have (nightmare as a teen trying to get into nightclubs!). But saying to me I don't look old enough to be his mother, or saying that you thought we were brother and sister, is like saying you don't think I'm fit to be his mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

It was me, you're welcome.

Please don't skip out on me today. Am tired of being your last priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Simply, thank you.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Simply, thank you.
    what she said ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Now and then I think I have Stockholm Syndrome because god do I miss you sometimes. It's like the calm after the storm, the soldier after the war that ruined him but gave him...something. Everything.

I miss the intense friendships that would carry me through those 18 hour shifts. I miss the newsroom gossip. I miss the adrenaline of being in the centre of so much noise, so much importance, so much that mattered. I miss the laughters and the tears. Daily! The brightness and brilliance of the people around me. The storytelling. The hand-holding. The panic attacks as showtime approached and the frenzied phone calls from the control room. The drunken post-work drinks and the post-mortems, the emotions, the rants, the trying to make sense of it all.

I didn't always want to be a journalist. That was my default line to anyone that asked. "I didn't even want to be here". And yet there I was, for the largest chunk of my life to date. It gave me hope and passion and inspiration and life-altering experiences, as much as it gave me turmoil and frustration and drama and lack of security.

And it's hard to align those things now. Because I have my life back now but I still miss you. In this quiet new world of stability and sterility and opportunity and the things I always believed I craved. And I do, because they are important, they are everything. But sometimes I miss the fight. I miss it like an old boyfriend who broke my heart and handed it to me on a plate but made my stomach do flip-flops five times a day. Like a chain smoker trying to find solace in a pack of pocket mints.

Thanks for the memories you hard old b@stard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Saw your gf in the shop today, think she recognised me...but we didn't clash eyes or anything....in fact I didn't wanna bump into her....what would I say? I should have met her 2yrs ago....seriously 2 fuking yrs and we still haven't been introduced? I know things are ....awkward, thanks to u....but ffs can we just be adults and get along? I should have felt I could have gone up to the girl and say hello...not feel awkward... Not feel silly or embarrassed.... None of this is right..its not fuking normal......and its not fair on me...can u not see? ....why does it have to be like this?....why do I have to watch everyone getting on with one another and I cant even look at ye, let alone make conversation. Jesus Christ I think I fuking hate ye....yer all like poison.

Dear M,

Today has been the day I have been dreading for weeks. Never, while preparing for our first date, would I have believed that it would lead to this, but I fell for you hard.

We had great times and as I type this I am looking at pictures of the great times we had together. It really hasn't sunk in yet that I can't just call you up to arrange to do something but, unfortunately, I am sure it will.

Thanks for the laughs, the smiles and just thanks for being you.

I'm just scared I won't meet anyone else that "got me" like you did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I still think about u. After all this tine. After all the head wreck u caused. And now u have someone new, and I cried. I cried and felt some kind of shock tru my chest and arms.

I still want u. After everything I still want u. Why. Cause I really, really thought and felt u were the one.

Were u ever truly sorry? Did u love me? She or any other she will never care about u as much as I did, even after all the ****e that happened, I still care...and want u.

Fcuk.

I have a serious physical condition. You severed contact the second I called to tell you, half conscious and in pain. I brought you food when you were sick and opened up my life to you and were your only real friend. I introduced you to my family. You told your family I was a bad person. You told me all my work and any achievements I've struggled to gain are worthless. I let you strip all of my defenses away. My habits. My accent. My happiness.

I stayed with you when you lied and made underhand threats and used me, and still I promised you that you would be happy and that you could trust me. I knew the things you do. I knew the things you were doing. I didn't listen to the people who told me about them. I never judged you. I never labelled you. I accepted you unconditionally. You now say it's my fault. You say that you can't trust men. And yet all I want for you is help.to

SAC - been in similar shoes. know how hard it is. promise you, it will get better - promise. mind yourself. hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

You're a deplorable pr1ck and that's the least I can say about you. I could go on but I won't because thinking about you brings me about in a rage. One of these days I'll tell you a few home truths. Won't be doing it before the Xmas because I want to enjoy the Christmas. You're such a coward you won't be able to handle what I will have to say. You're nothing but SCUM.

fine with me, i didnt want to be there anyway. had more pressing matters of my own to tend to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I know I sometimes forget to tell you how much you mean to me. Between work and our busy lives - you are my constant, my home and my heart. While I was stressing last night and couldn't sleep, you held my hand and told me it would be fine. And it was. You were right (as usual - but I cant let you know or you'll get a fathead).

I read this thread and it reminds me of what a good person you are.

You are singularly the best thing to happen to me and I cannot wait to become your wife.

• Advertisement

that was the cruelest thing anyone has ever said to me, atleast I know it was completely without merit, given your political viewpoint. typical. i cannae believe i ever projected you to be a civil, compassionate, gracious person not to mention felt any resemblance of love... stay away permanently this time. had enough unfounded hate swirling around to last twenty lifetimes. you have no clue who i am. never have.

The thing is, you don't get decide whether i am a good person or not. i've been looking outside myself for validation since i came here and it's high time my self-worth isn't valued by self-righteous, judgmental hypocrites ANYMORE. Thanks to your outburst yesterday, I finally realised no amount of 'proving I am good enough' will ever be good enough in your censorious eyes. Remember, I get the opportunity to see behind-the-curtain and you are not as perfect as you have demanded I be. And where has it gotten me? Alone, discouraged and your whipping post, while your life goes on happily! Done, sorted, find someone else to ride your never-ending hamster wheel. You no longer decide what is right for me or how to live every little aspect of my personal life. You do not decide my worth as a person.... ever again.
    89dd9409aefd8dbd16612dc170677b7d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Dear Doc

Don't give me bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Dear The Raptor's Doc,

Don't give them bad news.

C,

I resent you so so much. I know you were being nice but it's shaken my confidence entirely. I really really ****ing resent you for it. You shouldn't have told me all that stuff, the fact is you didn't even give me a chance, you made a decision about us to suit you. You didn't even think about me or how I would feel.

I can't even talk to you about it because, unlike you, I know how your mind works. I'll spare you the feelings that will consume you.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

J - You just don't get it!

I won't appologise for what I did. After the way you treated me in the past it was time that I returned the favour.
    I look at you now and realise just how lucky I was not getting involved with you. You were happy to make little of me then. If you went out with me in the past your life would not be in such a mess now.

I have watched how your life has changed over the past x years and most of it has not been good. Rather than realise things needed to change you lie, deny, ignore things and don't take on any of the advice you were given in the past.

The truth is you can't keep going the way you are as it is only a matter of time before your past will catch up with you. I won't be their like I was in the past to pick up the peieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

I wish I didn't know you so well. I wish I believed that you will act with honesty and dignity and a smidgen of morals.

But you wont. You'll do what you want to do and to hell with anyone else. Just like you have always done over the years. And everyone who told me that I was imagining things now know the real you like I do. It only took a few decades.

You will hurt her. You will lose her trust and her respect. The person who has been your champion. Someone who would go to the ends of the earth for you. Someone who has always been kind and loving towards you. She knows you are lying. She knows you will ambush her with it. But she is still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt despite knowing you are lying through your teeth.

I hope he is worth it.

I can't explain. It's just who I am. I am sorry - really, but it doesn't change anything. Best to just leave me be.

Thanks for what you said to me today about trying to catch a fish from up at the back of the bank. It makes so much sense. It's so spot on but it baffles me how do you know all this? I don't mean what you know; it's how you know it. It was the same two weeks ago when you said what you did. I knew you could see through me with your laser beam and could feel myself shrinking. So I went to your friend a few minutes later and told him, admitted it, held my hands up and said yes, I did that. I asked him how you knew. He didn't reply but just like anybody else I told he said it wasn't my fault which was really nice to hear. It just amazes me how you know what you know and amazes me further how much goodness surrounds you.

• Advertisement

I didn't expect to see you today. You never answered my text. For you to be there today meant alot. I didn't know how to accomplish what needed done today, alone. Thank you for making my tasks lighter.

Advertisement