Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Hey any decent good looking funny kind honest guys...where are ye? Do ye even exist? Can I just meet and maybe marry one of ye??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Thank you for your time and all the advice you have given me over the last few weeks. Can't believe you have come storming back into my life the way you have over the last few months when I needed you the most, despite the fact we hadn't been in contact in over four years. I hope we both want the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Thank you for listening to me, I appreciate the huge effort you have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I hate feeling like I'm a second option to you!

I know that's all that I am to you and I need to stop making you a priority in life when I am only a second option in yours.

Sometimes you love me and sometimes I don't even exist in your life. I just wish I could give you up as easily as you give me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

M

Im sorry I snap. Im sorry I get angry so quickly and out of the blue sometimes, I don't wanna be like this. I do care about u....I just need to get out of here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Hoover

After so many years together, I knew this week your time had finally come. I tried to resuscitate you but after your soaring temperature I knew your lungs had given up. I'd given you the kiss of life before, performed surgery on you, dissected you and patched you up. You bounced back to life that time; more vigorous, more virile, more sucking power. This time I knew you'd had your last final inhalation.

They say, 'the all-knowing, self-righteous, smug-in-their-relationships' say you shouldn't rush out to find a replacement so soon after a relationship. Yet, sometimes it's already dead long before that final pull of the plug, eyes already on a newer model. That wasn't us but what am I to do? I miss your gentle pulsing vibrations as I turned you on, the feel of my hand along that shaft, your loud moaning sound which could be heard all over the house, and the carpets will start sinking soon under the smut.

I know it's only been a few days and I feel guilt now as I enter the tinderworld of appliances. So much choice; screaming for attention; all pushing their own agenda; some more vacuous than vacuuming; their glossy, slick ripped torsos competing with the roundly shaped nerds who rely on their intelligent design to suck in a new partner.

I swipe right on the uprights and puruse the cyclonics which seem more cyclothymic. For every positive profile inevitably comes with so many downsides. I turn away feeling deflated and empty knowing deep down I'll never find another to match your staying power.

After servicing me for so many years I'm sorry I couldn't give you a less filth-filled final resting place. Now you await your fate alongside your fallen comrades up at the local landfill, waiting on the slow boat to China. "Three euro", they said. "ls for the environment", they said. " Who gives a sh!t if their lungs are diseased from our e-junk", they said.

After we parted, I walked away heartbroken, knowing you will be stripped bare by so many hands where once it was mine only. As I imagine your final remains sliding into a burning furnace I have dreams we will be reunited; that your molten form will be reshaped into a new sound system I want for the living room, where once again we will dance the seven circles and together we blast out
    "You can start me up
    You can start me up I"ll never stop
    I've been running hot................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Oh my, you are cute! and sweet! Something to look forward to in the new year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Dear you,

You are being way too hard on yourself. You are beating yourself up for no reason. You are not incapable of things, you are successful and while things may not have happened the way you wanted them to, you are still here. You can't even see that you've proved you are strong time and time again. Look at all the things you've accomplished. You moved away from home at 18 and completed a degree. You survived heart break. You have raised a beautiful, independent, vegetable and fruit loving daughter and it is ALL YOUR WORK. you have done it by yourself. You made sure she developed good taste in food and you have succeeded. You changed jobs and proved yourself. You lost weight, almost 30lbs, and while you might have put some back on, you still lost it and will lose it again. You are trying your best, so hard to try your best, and yet you are succeeding every single day. Every day you wake up, get her to creche, and yourself to work is an accomplishment. Every time you go to the gym, that's an accomplishment. Every time you cook a healthy meal, it's an accomplishment. So continue trying your best, be easy on yourself when you are tired and sad, notice what makes you happy and do it more. It's ok. You are OK. And you are human. I'm loving you more every day.

Me xx

Dear

Once again I miss you and would very much like to say hello. I'm assuming you're ok because you tend to ring when you aren't. Why do you shut me out? What is it about me and our past that won't allow you to keep in contact? In my heart you'll always be my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Sis, I still cannot fully understand the things you said, they don't make sense to me, but in another way they do. You agreed that you treat me like **** and gave me a bonkers reason as to why. But to other people you make out that you are a victim. You said, within days of our mothers passing, that you made sure she died knowing I did not love or care for her. Years ago, some time after dad passed, you said he had once told you I was a liar and a thief. You totally seek to undermine my faith in the beautiful family I was born into. These things you have done are unforgivable, there is no going back. You may show a different face to aunts, uncles and cousins but bare your true heart to me. I have gotten past being hurt and missing you. There is no feeling. I only hope during our mothers last year, as her mind was mixed up that you did not say what you told me you did. We held her together as she passed and my love for her was no less than yours. I may have moved from home and brought up my own family but this never meant I loved her less. You are the one who has lost out. You do not have a relationship with your nieces at all. They are now young adults with rich and happy lives. While they were teenagers you could have kept a bond with them going. But I think now it is too late. Sad, considering the close family we were brought up in. This is my letting go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I'm only in the damn door and you are making my life difficult!!! Just Fccccckkk off! Not in the mood today!
    All members may not survive the day :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

I try so hard to always be there, but I am always left alone.. I dont think you are supposed to feel like this when you are trying to make it together...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Sister
    F#*k off and mind your own business stop sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong, esp when you haven't a clue what your on about!!😠😠😠

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Please please please let me get this job😊😊 please!

B - c'mon, didn't i do enough before? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Dear anyone,

Yes, I'm trans*. No, it does not make me a different person. The person I am, is the person I always was, and the person I always will be.

Yes, I want to be known by a different name. Yes, I do want to be able to wear make up and nail polish, and dress how I want, and just be myself without feeling like I am subject to ridicule. Do you know how difficult it is to put up with having to be a shell of myself? Am I not better off being my more confident, happier self? Yes, the true me is more confident, is happier. I hope you can understand why.

Please, just accept me for who I am. I'm tired of this whole being treated as two separate people bull. There is just one person... Me, and I would rather just being able to be the happy me, instead of also having to be a shell of myself in order to appease people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

simply, I love you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

X - I am sorry for blowing up at you. I just don't understand. :-*

Y - Yes, you are under the thumb of that yoke, but that doesn't excuse you for one moment for knowingly using Z to dump your issues on. You surely know that you are making Z ill from worry. I'm just afraid that, at some level, you know exactly what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Please please please let me get this job😊😊 please!

Got it! so delighted when the call came through today! thanks all for your positive vibes, they definitely helped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Dear family,

Me fracturing my foot 2 weeks before Christmas was not my intention . I am fairly useless right now and need your help. Also I am a bit cranky and fed up.

I will be back to my hyper active self soon.

Not so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Dearest Dad,

You went so suddenly yesterday but it seems you almost planned it that way. Like you didn't want us to be there almost. At least now you are no longer in pain and suffering- the last 2 months must have been horrendous for you. To lose all your strength and worst of all your sharp mind. It was heartbreaking to see you, such a great gentle man, reduced to a shell, to be so frustrated at how helpless you had become. I hope you are at peace now, and that wherever you are you can find Mum and be reunited with her again.
    I also realised last night that I never told you that I was ok. I know I never shared with you the full extent of my breakup and all the cr@p that went with it. You would have been too upset and worried about me. So maybe you knew I was ok, I don't know. I felt sad last night looking for photos of you, because some of the best were from my wedding day - which I know was one of the happiest days of your life - but at least that day brought you two more grandchildren and I know you loved them very much. I'm glad that you got to see them one last time and that C made you smile, I hadn't seen you smile like that for weeks.

Love you loads Dad, I'm glad you are at peace now finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Sorry for your loss Karmella.

I am so over this year its not even funny. Christmas is gonna be so hard and i cant wait for it to be over.
    Between my mam dying, trying several times to buy a house (and failing so far)and all the stress and frustration that goes with that, Family members being struck down with bad illnesses and just all the bad cr*p that we have gone through this year. I cant wait for it to be over!

I would like to think the next year is gonna be better but i'm really struggling to believe that!!
    Just fck everything :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

And we are back being strangers again, but this time you know my secrets and I know yours. You know what I look like in the morning without make up on or brushed hair and where my scars and usually hidden freckles are.

We are now just strangers with memories we shared. Things I will never forget! Things you probably never desire to retrieve

U - You're intimidating me a bit. The only recollections I have of your side are scary ones. What's the immediacy of this sudden need for contact, I dunno - but red flags of warning are flying high. This will only happen on my terms, I do not respond to pressure from people with hidden agendas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

I know I'm not good enough - you might as well say it! :'-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Dear work,
    I'm getting a bit annoyed at being pulled at left right and centre. Email and phone queries from all angles take time to go through. When I have to step away from a file and deal with these queries, it take me time to get my head back to where I was with the file. Interrupting me with "when will the file be ready" and "I was thinking about xyz," is not helping!!
    At least it's nearly Christmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear You,

I miss you, I know why we had to end because of the distance but I wish you cared enough to make it work.

I wish we could speak every day like we used to.

Of course I got drunk acted silly because its the same destructive pattern I always get myself into.

I wonder if you still think of me? I should delete you from all social media because its killing me ..

Goodbye I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

God,
    Will you please give a sign as to where you have squirrelled away my Memory Stick! :/

T.i.a.
    Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ahh you're so bloody cute! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Today is ten years since you left and I still miss you. I'm sorry I think about you less than I used to.

Things have changed alot and who knows how close we would have remained or how things would have changed but I still love you and always will. You will always occupy a special part of my heart.

Wherever you are, I hope you're at peace.

Advertisement