Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Dear (ex) boyfriend.

It's not fair. It's not bloody fair. 3 years and for over a week now, not one reply to any message, not one answered call... I'm actually perplexed. I've even checked the death notices and rang a few hospitals to see if you've been in a bloody accident or something.

But no, you're being a prick and now I'm realising how much of an idiot I've been for even sticking it out this long.

More fool me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dear universe

Hook me up with someone cute over Christmas? Even just for one night!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Dear Postal Box - Please please don't have bad news inside when I check the mail tomorrow. Have been too afraid look lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Dear MIL,

While you stay with us for Christmas it would be great if just once you might say "everything ok in there, do you need a hand?"

Instead I know you will sit on your hole all day and night, playing games on your phone, expecting everything handed to you.

Maybe you could also try not having a crying tantrum this year too. After all, you're 60-something, not 6!

Perhaps I'll spike your drink with a bit of extra alcohol and you can toddle off to bed early!

Dear FluBug, I've done everything right to get you the eff outta my body. Would be nice if you would take the hint!
    You hurt too much. Go away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm tired of being ill. I'm tired of being in pain every day. The pain, I've learned to tolerate these past few years, but now this insurgence of infections and tests and everything else, all at the one time? It's too much. It's Christmas, I need a break, just a few days of 'nothing'. And the thing is, I've learned to live with pain, I get it. And I've empowered myself through it because I know I can deal with it. But this - this constant sickness is nearly too much to take now. And look, it'll be ok, I know it will. I'll get through it, I always do. But right now, I feel very, very alone.

You see, what do you say to people? With chronic pain, you learn after a year or so that there's just not much point in mentioning it anymore, it somehow becomes your 'normal' and that's ok. So 'how are you' is replied to with 'ah I'm grand', even when your version of grand is waking up with pain every single day of your life that will likely never go away. That sounds awful, I know. But the thing is, it's not. In time, it becomes quite bearable. And it is - bearable.

But this, this constant illness, and the stress of all that needs to be done and presents to buy and people to see and things to do.. and the complete inability to do little more than get up to have a shower.. well, that's where my resilience starts to waver. F*** that. Hey universe, you can suck at fat one.

I'll be ok. It'll be ok. But right now, it's not. And I'm sad. And I'm sore. And these feverish dreams are bringing up flashbacks and memories of things that I'd fought so hard to push away into the dark. So I'm going to let myself be sad, just for a few days. And then I'll start working again. And talking to people again. And finding myself again.

Because I've already discovered so much about myself through all of this, and I know that every struggle has another lesson for me to learn. I think I had to lose myself, to find myself again.

So, Happy Christmas, to me. Don't give up. The time has long passed for that. You have more now than you've had in a long time, you're better now - wiser, calmer, tougher - and you just need to push a little bit further to see it through.

2017, I'm ready for you. And 2016 - you can shut the door on the way out.

I have to say thanks for what you said and did to me over the past 2 years.

What you said and did to me made me realise that some changes had to be made. I joined a gym. If someone said to me back then where I would be fitness wise now I would have looked at them in amazement.
    I still have some weight to lose. I will never be skinny but at least I am giving myself a good chance not to have major health issues later.

I have made some great friends. I sorted out a few family issues also so long term I will be better off than you realise. I gained some more qualifications. I am looking forward to the new year. I have plans made and I am in a better position than I have been in a long time.

I got your xmas card and it was the first time in months that I have heard from you. I have a few ideas why you sent this to me. I am going to meet you soon for a chat as we need to clear up a few things between us.

xmasxmas wrote: »
    I'm tired of being ill. I'm tired of being in pain every day. The pain, I've learned to tolerate these past few years, but now this insurgence of infections and tests and everything else, all at the one time? It's too much. It's Christmas, I need a break, just a few days of 'nothing'. And the thing is, I've learned to live with pain, I get it. And I've empowered myself through it because I know I can deal with it. But this - this constant sickness is nearly too much to take now. And look, it'll be ok, I know it will. I'll get through it, I always do. But right now, I feel very, very alone.

You see, what do you say to people? With chronic pain, you learn after a year or so that there's just not much point in mentioning it anymore, it somehow becomes your 'normal' and that's ok. So 'how are you' is replied to with 'ah I'm grand', even when your version of grand is waking up with pain every single day of your life that will likely never go away. That sounds awful, I know. But the thing is, it's not. In time, it becomes quite bearable. And it is - bearable.

But this, this constant illness, and the stress of all that needs to be done and presents to buy and people to see and things to do.. and the complete inability to do little more than get up to have a shower.. well, that's where my resilience starts to waver. F*** that. Hey universe, you can suck at fat one.

I'll be ok. It'll be ok. But right now, it's not. And I'm sad. And I'm sore. And these feverish dreams are bringing up flashbacks and memories of things that I'd fought so hard to push away into the dark. So I'm going to let myself be sad, just for a few days. And then I'll start working again. And talking to people again. And finding myself again.

Because I've already discovered so much about myself through all of this, and I know that every struggle has another lesson for me to learn. I think I had to lose myself, to find myself again.

So, Happy Christmas, to me. Don't give up. The time has long passed for that. You have more now than you've had in a long time, you're better now - wiser, calmer, tougher - and you just need to push a little bit further to see it through.

2017, I'm ready for you. And 2016 - you can shut the door on the way out.

WAHOOOOO!

Woke up feeling a bit better yesterday, looks like Christmas might not be a total sh1t-fest after all 😁😊

(sorry for the moan all your dear people!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I just want to say thanks for last night. I know it was only just a few drinks in the pub but I enjoyed it, it was nice to feel socialable and to relax and chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Couldnt even give us a nice christmas after everything you've thrown at us this year!!!! F€ck 2016..... just be gone already!!!

• Advertisement

C - please change for the better in 2017. I am too tired from this rollercoaster ride of emotions. Ready for a bit of stability please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

N,
    You've missed a lot this past 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Could you not talk to me in that way? It sends me such mixed messages.

Remember you picked her over me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Please message me, I really like you and damn I feel like I stuffed it up by not playing cool enough as I have been.

Dear Life - Really wish you'd be less harsh, for once! I've tried doing everything right - why must you be so difficult?! :( (seriously tired of fighting every little thing, all the effing time)

Dear Me

STOP eating!!!! And get off your bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear B,

I miss you. I want to text you and tell you that I do but I am afraid you wont reply or just brush it off. I know we had to break it off because of the distance but god its hard!

I miss talking to you everyday,being able to be my weird self and the fact we could say anything to each other. I miss the butterflies I got before I would see you and how we always held hands.

I think I will have to delete you off everything because it's too hard..

In another life it would have worked, guess I want you to know I think about you all the time and thank you for the laughs. X

Dear Kiddo - fear is a facade. Looks solid and scary, but what is it really made of? Smoke and mirrors.
    I've been doing alot of looking back lately and the chances I didn't take. The dances I sat out from fear. Granted, I had my reasons, we all do, and they were/are valid and reasonable, but hun... Try, do, dream, live - now is the time.

You are afraid to make mistakes? Guess what? you're going to make plenty regardless, just different ones. You're afraid to hit some roadblocks? Sure, but then you simply move on and live to hit a few more another day. It's good to be prudent and wise, but don't allow any roadblocks to take away your right to experience the good things in life.

I am learning life isn't a time meant for peace, we will get plenty of that when we are laid to rest. You want to drive, fly, dance, whatever - replace the ever present fear with visualising the freedom that driving/flying/dancing will afford you in life. Don't let the mask of fear rob you of your freedom. Give life a chance to show you it's wonders. I promise you it will be worth every sacrifice.

This is my wish for you in 2017... and always.

I don't know what it is about a broken heart. You think your better and you think your stronger. Then another d**khead comes along and doubles the hurt. I genuinely think I'm way to nice to be ever with anyone. I always seem to be the one trampled on and left for the better looking one.

People say I need to be not so nice but it's who I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Friend:
    I'm so very sorry this is happening to you. I wish I could be home, and I wish I could do more to help. xx

Me:
    Stop eating crap. It's time to get back on the wagon. Have a salad!

Boy:
    Damn, you're way too cute and you have no idea. I wish I could have you! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm actually heartbroken and the sad part is you actually don't understand it at all.

You just flaunt your new relationship in my face. I can't be your friend, you just don't understand how much it hurts, how much you used me, how **** I feel.

Right now I'm crying on my couch because I'm so hurt and I feel like an idiot.

To add, I really regret ever meeting you.

She eagerly asks me what I think of her grandad... She wants to believe in you, to see some goodness amongst the rubble, hidden somewhere in the missing pieces... I cannae let her down, not the way you did us. I cannae give her the info she desperately desires - the info I longed for as a kid too.

"Allow her to cling to whatever good she can grasp, to hold out hope that the stuff she was made from is worthy material," my heart says. So Mistur, your secrets are safe with me, for her own peace of mind... not in any deference to you.

But Dad (and I use the term ever so loosely), I wonder if, in the afterlife, your penance isn't watching your kids and grandkids live, struggle, thrive... in spite of your influence (or lack thereof). The older I get, the more I realise how miserable your life must've been without the families (four sets, was it?) you threw away like rubbish.

I would like to say Rest In Peace, but instead, I hope you are learning the lessons you failed at in life - the important stuff, the lessons of love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Person 1 - I put everything on you and took my weakness out on you. I ruined the happiness in our relationship to make myself feel better, I think I destroyed a little of you too.

And yet, you never gave up. You understood, supported and forgave. I owe you my life and I doubt you'll ever truly know that because you sell yourself so short (and I'd never have the guts to say). Thank you for being the only true friend I've ever had. I'm sorry.

Person 2 - You ruined me. It felt like you needed to, for your own gain. I had joy and hope. I actually lived. But you didn't, you couldn't, because your standards weren't met. I tried..... I was worn down and exhausted, I never knew what you truly wanted, but I always knew it wasn't me.

What I didn't know was why you wasted time with me? Did you love me, ever?
    I also need to tell you how sorry I am for my part in this, I let you down. I wasn't what you needed, I gave up. And went a little crazy (for lack of a better word) when we ended. I will never understand what got into me, and I'll be forever truly sorry.

Needed this OP thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭jellybear

O- you're the best!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Old buddy - thanks for giving me the best day I've had in years! And at such a bad time for me. You were so generous with your time and I'm very appreciative. Keep well. Love always xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

P, thank you for being so adorable!!
    Will be looking forward to seeing you!! :wub:

I did not like the message you sent me. I was keen to chat you to after what you told me. In fact I am getting pissed off listing to excuses from you over a lot of things recently.
    I know you helped me out a lot in the past but I was very good to you also.

I have given you advice which you did not always listen to. I saw the stress you were under last year and I helped you out far more than other people realised.

A few months ago you told me about a situation between you and y. I was very honest with you then and told you that if y had done and said that to me I would not be doing z for them.
    I know you still going to do z for Y despite the advice I gave you.

If you do this the plans we made a few months ago won't happen. Just to let you know I will make my own plans.

I did not need, want or deserve to get that message off you after all I have done for you over the past 12 months. It has made me realise that you expect me to be their when it suits you. The only things this has done has made decide that when and if you need me I am going to be busy more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You ought to be downright ashamed of yourselves taking 'credit' for looking after a member of your own family, especially when you've done literally sweet f**k all. The worst part is that the person who did the most when he was alive couldn't make it to the funeral and you can do nothing but feel sorry for yourself and post attention seeking garbage all over social media. You make me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Bullying family please f#*k off. You are wearing me down and destroying our once close family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Cancer, please fcuk off as soon as you can.

I'm sick of being sick, sick of losing my hair, sick of being fed up, sick of being tired/exhausted all the time, and most of all, sick of not having my normal life.

I miss my normality so so much, I can't even put into words what having a normal like would be for me right now. It would be amazing, more than amazing.

I look forward to the day when I am given my all clear and I've beaten you.

I might have you, cancer, but cancer, you don't have me. And I won't let you have me.

No matter how sick I am, what treatment I need, you will not take me. I won't let you.

So again, please fcuk off.

SB.

Advertisement